Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF70H

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Its a pu track,BUT you also need good downforce in sectors 2 and 3!!
    100 % correct and i think Ferrari will do well in these two sectors.
    Last edited by vetalo; 27th April 2017 at 23:16.

Quote Originally Posted by mardyrt View Post
    .... able to place ballast where we really need, better center of gravity. It will give us a huge advantage. Hope we get it soon.
    Fuel is not included in the minimum weight of a Formula one car, so in that respect it will not change the amount of ballast available.

Quote Originally Posted by DelMar View Post
    Fuel is not included in the minimum weight of a Formula one car, so in that respect it will not change the amount of ballast available.
    Yes you are right, but it depend on where you place ballast. If you need less volume for fuel, then you free enough space to put ballast where you might not have been able to place ballast before. Just thinking details. It will add up, well at least I think it will, in my small brain!

Also, I am so worried when Ted the Kravitz talks about ferrari "secrets" on air, I always think, "Hey man, you giving our secret go faster stuff away, be quiet", then I think, wait its his job, but still bother me. I cant help it.
    Then when I hear mercedes go faster stuff, its like, "yea! Yea!, more more, come on, dont stop, keep it comming"

what up with the third turbo charger change ? Just a precaution or an upgrade ?

Me thinks they've underestimated the cooling necessary and as such are burning through turbos.

Sochi is relatively cool and yet they're running the bulbous engine cover...

It was said on the rumour mill we would have updates for our turbo in Russia. No idea if true though.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by subfire91 View Post
    what up with the third turbo charger change ? Just a precaution or an upgrade ?
    i think it's an UPDATED turbo charger....because the HAAS has got new one's as well for this race....so maybe they've fixed some reliability issues we've had and we should be OK

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...n-0-3s-899249/
    So what Perez said other day was right

Looks like Kimi had the double monkey
    Attachment 7090
    while Seb didnt use it
    Attachment 7091
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Attachment 7090
    while Seb didnt use it
    Attachment 7091
    Hmm interesting..!! Both had FL with diff set-ups. Which is good.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/w...es-899168/?s=1

Great news! Merc sound a little down

What are people's opinions on the re-allocation of TC's by the team, is it simply due to track characteristics or more to do with our cooling requirements for the whole components i.e. Turbo ES MGU-H etc.. Hope that Mahle, Honeywell and the team can have better integration between all parties make sure can refine and improve on these areas even more. Or could be case of simply rotating elements for different tracks but still very early to be doing that in case just being super cautious. I know it was rumored that we may have a B-spec car launching after some result simulations during winter testing not being as we intended so this could be something to do with that? What do people think? In any case I wouldn't mind more development going into testing for reliability on all parts.

Current allocation as of the moment:

Forza Ferrari

Attachment 7090
    while Seb didnt use it
    Attachment 7091

I think both of our drivers ran with double monkey seat, see screenshots from the end of Q3.

Attachment 7090
    while Seb didnt use it
    Attachment 7091

I think both of our drivers ran with double monkey seat, see screenshots from the end of Q3.

Kimi
    rai_q3.jpg
    rai_q3a.jpg
    rai_q3b.jpg

Seb
    vet_q3.jpg
    vet_q3a.jpg
    vet_q3b.jpg

The engine allocation situation is a bit concerning. If they're as fast as they were in qualifying though, despite the inevitable penalties, I won't be too worried.

Does anyone know of any upgrades we'll be bringing to Barcelona? Today's race was encouraging, but Redbull will come good sooner rather than later and we need to be ready. I hope we have something in the pipeline (which I'm sure we do). I just hope it's good enough! Especially if Mercedes is working on a B spec, shorter wheelbase car of their own, too... :s

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    Does anyone know of any upgrades we'll be bringing to Barcelona? Today's race was encouraging, but Redbull will come good sooner rather than later and we need to be ready. I hope we have something in the pipeline (which I'm sure we do). I just hope it's good enough! Especially if Mercedes is working on a B spec, shorter wheelbase car of their own, too... :s
    Remember in preseason testing it was a rumor that Ferrari will introduce B Spec car in Spain?

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Remember in preseason testing it was a rumor that Ferrari will introduce B Spec car in Spain?
    it would be nice, but we'll have to wait and see........don't really know if we NEED a B spec car per say.......we just need to put upgrades on it that really work as we had so far

the current car is pretty good, we just need to give it a bit more power to the engine as the chassis seems pretty good
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

The engine is spot on they have only used 1 combustion unit each.all there doinging is rotating there turbo right now.there have been one turbo failure and they said they thought it could be used in practices

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Hehe, that's why I thought to ask... but that's when all the rumours said Ferrari had built a dog and needed the B spec to have any hope. Obviously that was wrong, but I'm hoping we still have a strong upgrade planned for Barcelona nonetheless.

I'm sure we do, or that Ferrari knows exactly what's needed... im just so nervous this season haha! I love that Ferrari is competitive, but now I'm plagued by the fear that we will lose out in the development race.

Keep your eyes peeled everyone, hopefully some news comes to light in the next week or so to ease our anxieties haha

If i remember correctly, i read some article that Ferrari is developing some kind of double injection pump for the engine and according to that article, it would definitely be a game changer.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by fmatiasii View Post
    If i remember correctly, i read some article that Ferrari is developing some kind of double injection pump for the engine and according to that article, it would definitely be a game changer.
    I remember that article. I think they said it wouldn't be ready until later in the season, but the sooner the better!

Ted said in the race notebook that Seb has heard some scary rumours about the upgrade RB/Adrian newey will have in Barcelona... im just having flashbacks of last season when redbull really blew our season. Fingers crossed we're prepared..

On a lighter note, I'm very excited to see how the redbull looks in Barcelona, I think it will be very different. Hopefully we have some exciting stuff on our car to look at too

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    I remember that article. I think they said it wouldn't be ready until later in the season, but the sooner the better!

Ted said in the race notebook that Seb has heard some scary rumours about the upgrade RB/Adrian newey will have in Barcelona... im just having flashbacks of last season when redbull really blew our season. Fingers crossed we're prepared..

On a lighter note, I'm very excited to see how the redbull looks in Barcelona, I think it will be very different. Hopefully we have some exciting stuff on our car to look at too
    I Hope we can sustain the actual development rate of our car, while being competitive. Our car born well, fast, competitive, and we should stick to the development path the team as established. I too am curious about Red Bull new spec car will look like, but I believe we still have the upperhand of working with our car for 4 races now. RB will have to spend some time of free practice trying to understand their "new car", refining setups, and understand tyre behaviour, and we have a good, strong knowledge of our machine. Also, if RB tries to copy some of our concepts doesn't mean they have a quick glimpse of how they work, so I don't consider Red Bull a major threat for the upcoming 2 - 3 races. But definettely would keep them under surveillance, though.

Congrat's for the team, they've been doing an outstanding work, even strategy wise, and we shure have put Merc under pressure...
    Last edited by Galvonero; 1st May 2017 at 11:29.

Quote Originally Posted by Galvonero View Post
    I Hope we can sustain the actual development rate of our car, while being competitive. Our car born well, fast, competitive, and we should stick to the development path the team as established. I too am curious about Red Bull new spec car will look like, but I believe we still have the upperhand of working with our car for 4 races now. RB will have to spend some time of free practice trying to understand their "new car", refining setups, and understand tyre behaviour, and we have a good, strong knowledge of our machine. Also, if RB tries to copy some of our concepts doesn't mean they have a quick glimpse of how they work, so I don't consider Red Bull a major threat for the upcoming 2 - 3 races. But definettely would keep them under surveillance, though.

Congrat's for the team, they've been doing an outstanding work, even strategy wise, and we shure have put Merc under pressure...
    AMuS is reporting that both Ferrari's had to turn down their engine in the first stint due to overheating.
    The problem went away after the first pitstop.

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    AMuS is reporting that both Ferrari's had to turn down their engine in the first stint due to overheating.
    if that is accurate reporting then we need to find a solution to address that problem, otherwise we will not get the full potential power of the engine.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    If that keep continue we in real trouble..Even in place like Sochi that cooler we can't use full power..Need to fix ASAP..Did anyone heard anything about our upgrades especially engines side in Spain ?
    Last edited by fronaldo; 1st May 2017 at 12:40.
    #PrayforMH370 #KeepFightingSchumi

Quote Originally Posted by fronaldo View Post
    If that keep continue we in real trouble..Even in place like Sochi that cooler we can't use full power..Need to fix ASAP..Did anyone heard anything about our upgrades especially engines side in Spain ?
    not about ferrari. But Certain rumours suggesting RB built a car which will surpass ferrari & mercs.
    In the same rumours, RB suffering with reliability problems. If they sort out their issue, they are definetly title contenders with the line up of Max & DR.

I'm too nervous for now. Let's see how it pans out. I'm hoping RB suffer with reliability problems & they don't get full power from Renault.

Italian media suggesting earlier DR has signed for Ferrari for a 2yr contract.

adding to that strong news coming after russian GP is DR has warned RB, if there's no competitive car in the next couple of races. He can walk out & choose other options. He has performance clause in his contract it seems.
    for Max has no performance clause.
    Last edited by nani_s23; 1st May 2017 at 13:06.

Quote Originally Posted by fronaldo View Post
    Our engine is not a problem, even Hamilton has overheating troubles.
    Our start procedure is the weakest point.