Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF70H

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Ferrari seems to have brought updates to almost every race so far; technically SPAIN is the track that lot of teams will bring significant upgrades and im sure Ferrari will be amongst those teams.

let's hope our updates will be just better tehn the Merc's
    We heard rumors about a big update for Spain before pre-season testing started (specifically about rear downforce). We will hopefully see what that will be...

Ferrari seems to have brought updates to almost every race so far; technically SPAIN is the track that lot of teams will bring significant upgrades and im sure Ferrari will be amongst those teams.

let's hope our updates will be just better tehn the Merc's
    Ferrari didn't bring any major updates in earlier races. I think bits & pieces here n there. FW changes, cooling system, body covers etc

Nothing major related to engine upgrade, aero updates. So I except barcelona or Hungary for an engine upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Ferrari didn't bring any major updates in earlier races. I think bits & pieces here n there. FW changes, cooling system, body covers etc

Nothing major related to engine upgrade, aero updates. So I except barcelona or Hungary for an engine upgrade.

Lauda said in an austrian interview, that Mercedes will close the gap in Spain and will be back infront with a lead to Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    Lauda said in an austrian interview, that Mercedes will close the gap in Spain and will be back infront with a lead to Ferrari.
    So they are confident to take the lead. It's not that easy, as they are having tyre problems (which cannot perform better in wide range as ferraris) , they are not used to follow another car which makes them superior, for now they are vulnerable following another car.

From here game is on, almost every team will bring major upgrades.
    Its the matter of who & how much they gain over opposition.

Considering previous years RB & mercs have 100% success rate in this area. We need something special to outsmart them. Hope Ferrari delivers it.

Lauda admits Ferrari clearly ahead

Mercedes needs to make "two steps forward" to catch up with Ferrari next time out in Barcelona.

That is the claim of F1 legend Niki Lauda, who doubles as Mercedes' team chairman.

Mercedes utterly dominated between 2014 and 2016, but so far in 2017 Ferrari's Sebastian Vettel has pulled out a lead in the championship.

"Ferrari is clearly ahead," Lauda told the Austrian newspaper Krone.

"We need to analyse what exactly is not working and take the right steps for Barcelona. Because all the teams will bring updates, Ferrari will make a step forward, we have to make two and Red Bull needs to make three," he added.

It is said that Mercedes' biggest problem is inconsistency with the tyres, but Lauda says that's not the only issue.

"We have too much weight in the car, we need to improve the aerodynamics, and above all we need to understand why the new Pirelli tyres do not work as they do on the Ferrari," he said.

Finally, Lauda appeared to agree with reports that suggest Valtteri Bottas is on course for a new contract for 2018, after winning in Russia.

"It was a perfect performance that I never expected," he said. "It was the right decision by Toto Wolff and myself to get Bottas on board.

"Bottas is our man," Lauda added.
    And he also said this, and i think that its what you are saying:
    This week we had a huge discussion with our engineers," he said.

"I know that we can make up the gap [to Ferrari] and have a competitive car from Barcelona. We can then enjoy a slight advantage again, but it is a matter of time."
    Last edited by PURE PASSION; 4th May 2017 at 20:23.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post

engine upgrades are usually brought in Canada

Lauda can say anything he wants, but i feel the Merc is still ahead of us by a tiny bit. The problems we see them having is basically rust from 3 years of doing nothing but preventing NR and LH from having a cat fight.
    Unlike in previous seasons, we have capitalised well when the Merc has faultered. If we continue to do that, we will keep them honest. However if they do have a big upgrade coming as lauda seems to suggest, we might be on the back foot again.
    RBR also seems to be coming up with something good. Canada will be interesting.
    Silently, like a shadow

Monaco should also be interesting. Remember 2008 when we locked out the front row there but incredibly still lost the race? I was reminded of this after the Russian GP result. Hopefully we can win in the principality this time.

Love how Ferrari are keeping their cards close to their chest around Barcelona, while Merc and Red Bull see the need to speak out more. We've clearly rattled them!

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/t...y-seat-901328/
    Tech analysis: Ferrari's double monkey seat

My money is on Mercedes having a shorter wheelbase in Spain. For Ferrari, rear wing area and barge boards. Possibly T wing. We've done front wing and floor focus. I think Bottas was just hooked up in Russia, which can happen, and Hamiltons pace was more representative of where Mercedes is really at.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rosso Corsa View Post
    My money is on Mercedes having a shorter wheelbase in Spain. For Ferrari, rear wing area and barge boards. Possibly T wing. We've done front wing and floor focus. I think Bottas was just hooked up in Russia, which can happen, and Hamiltons pace was more representative of where Mercedes is really at.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    i see mercs with shorter wheelbase for monaco.
    As you said bottas was on charge & ham struggled which is relative pace of mercs. added to that mercs unable to know or find answers for why & how bottas had much pace, also why ham struggled.

I like the current policy from ferrari as they are keeping themselves calm & let the answers delivered on track.
    In Russian GP S3 was massive for us, if we consider this has representative then at the upcoming tracks Barcelona, Monaco etc....has excellent chances for win.
    Last edited by nani_s23; 5th May 2017 at 10:03.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/t...es-russia.html
    Tech insight - the latest upgrades to have boosted Ferrari

Short wheelbase will be tricky for Merc because (as i read a few articles after the presentations) they have some difficulties extracting the aero levels they nees. Specifically they cant work the rake you need with a sort wheelbase.Thata why they allways have the car with the least rake on the back. So i see them just trying to solve their problems as they are.
    In Barcelona the rumors say they are for a new front suspension, weight loss and weight distribution.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Short wheelbase will be tricky for Merc because (as i read a few articles after the presentations) they have some difficulties extracting the aero levels they nees. Specifically they cant work the rake you need with a sort wheelbase.Thata why they allways have the car with the least rake on the back. So i see them just trying to solve their problems as they are.
    In Barcelona the rumors say they are for a new front suspension, weight loss and weight distribution.
    i totally agree, and it's hard for any team to make some changes to it's configuration in the car.
    Forza Ferrari

We got a better foundation for upgrades that's for sure. Man this season looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    We got a better foundation for upgrades that's for sure. Man this season looks good.
    you can say that again.
    Forza Ferrari

here we go again.....he NEVER shuts the up, our president that is....

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...is_Marchionne/

why can't he just SHUT up and enjoy the form Ferrari has put so far this season??? why do we have to "RUB" it in??? this better NOT come and bite us in the rear end come the other half of the season where the mercs could outdevelop us in the development of the car....

and who's gonna look like a then???

why can't he just SHUT up and enjoy the form Ferrari has put so far this season??? why do we have to "RUB" it in??? this better NOT come and bite us in the rear end come the other half of the season where the mercs could outdevelop us in the development of the car....

Yeah but he continued to say
    "We started well, but we continue to work."

"We respect our opponents and do not underestimate them, especially Mercedes."
    Nothing wrong with SM's statement in my opinion.

If we gave a strong/fast car ,we have it.Its not that it will be slower now that SM said that things.This year he and the team is doing fine with the concept "no talk ,just work"and we will talk in the track.This is the 1st time he say such things (this season) so i think its nothing special.The team anyway is still keeping low profile despite the extraordinary results
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

I guess, after being burnt by media for past few years may be he feels this is the best time to celebrate and be proud of the work that he and the team has done.. But He's bit childish, not good at playing the cards down and definitely not good at playing mind games with the competition.. May be he's is outspoken kind of a guy. But that's definitely not good that too this early in the season. No doubt that we have got a competitive car also shouldn't be this bold.. SM's back to his 2015-2016 talking form hope that doesn't cast a spell on the team.. Less talking and being mild would be nice...

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    If we gave a strong/fast car ,we have it.Its not that it will be slower now that SM said that things.This year he and the team is doing fine with the concept "no talk ,just work"and we will talk in the track.This is the 1st time he say such things (this season) so i think its nothing special.The team anyway is still keeping low profile despite the extraordinary results
    +1....its also not a repeat of years past....i.e. MB pulling a 20+ sec. lead in 10 laps or waiting for them(MB) to make a mistake. We finally have a car that equals or bests the MB on the track given the track. Just 2 concerns: reliability....it is the one variable that is weighing heavily on my mind and Kimi's performance(consistency) would be second. So far, the team in the pits have done excellent with pit stops and strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    +1....its also not a repeat of years past....i.e. MB pulling a 20+ sec. lead in 10 laps or waiting for them(MB) to make a mistake. We finally have a car that equals or bests the MB on the track given the track. Just 2 concerns: reliability....it is the one variable that is weighing heavily on my mind and Kimi's performance(consistency) would be second. So far, the team in the pits have done excellent with pit stops and strategy.
    I think reliability is solid so far. Anything that contradicts this? When it comes to Kimi's performance, i think we shouldn't worry so much. I think he found his pace in Sochi and he will continue to perform.

Seb also came to his defense.

http://www.planetf1.com/news/vettel-...to-the-season/

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I think reliability is solid so far. Anything that contradicts this? When it comes to Kimi's performance, i think we shouldn't worry so much. I think he found his pace in Sochi and he will continue to perform.

Seb also came to his defense.

http://www.planetf1.com/news/vettel-...to-the-season/
    yup...read that yesterday. Kimi has to come 1st, 2nd or 3rd.....He(KR) has be on the podium with Vettel 1st or 2nd. We follow that all the way to the end, then we win both WCC and WDC.

Interesting reading. I hope Ferrari continues to develop its superior concept and keeps the edge over the ugly, boat length merc.

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/124...rraris-concept

According to Italian division of http://motorsport.com Ferrari had a filming day last Friday on Mugello circuit.
    Both racing drivers where there and they focused mainly on starting procedures
    And
    According to @SportmphMark Mercedes will bring to Spain new, lighter gearbox and modified suspension (front and rear)They should have and extra weight to use as a ballast and balance the car a little bit better.There is also a word about an engine upgrade in the near future
    #PrayforMH370 #KeepFightingSchumi

Red Bull ready big upgrade for Spanish GP to get into F1 2017 fight

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/124...-f1-2017-fight

Weather looks to be good for Spanish GP...21c

Quote Originally Posted by fronaldo View Post
    And
    About mercs, lauda claiming mercs will some upgrades & will see gap to increase or remain tight to their rival. It's a fresh battle again. he's saying it.

RB bringing B spec car, Mercs too following few upgrades, Mid field team like Hass, Renault, Force India too bringing upgrades.

No word yet from ferrari source. They are keeping it tight liped. Let's see, hope we be competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Red Bull ready big upgrade for Spanish GP to get into F1 2017 fight

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/124...-f1-2017-fight

Weather looks to be good for Spanish GP...21c
    skysports is building up alot of hype for mercs & RB teams leaving out ferrari. Such is nature of that channel.

No news at all from Ferrari - this is either very good, or very bad.

I hope we still have the team to continue with strong development on this car and not that Rory was involved in the creation of the car and has gone back to retirement. Or worse, that James Allison was involved in the creation of the car and is no longer around to play a role.

I'm probably just being paranoid, but with a taste of the first successful season Ferrari has had in a decade - I just REEAAALLY don't want this to stop.