Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF70H

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    Ferrari used a 'filming day 'recently at Mugello to test their starts

http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/6...actice_starts/
    This is the only one of the two weaknesses I see in current Ferrari car. Good that they are addressing it.
    Vet was pretty disappointed after Russian gp, it was his win actually. But the start cost him very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Chebseba View Post
    Ferrari not expected to bring a major update for the 2017 Spanish Grand Prix
    http://scuderiafans.com/ferrari-not-...sh-grand-prix/
    Strange

I think Binotta said they would be making updates throughout the season at each circuit rather than one massive update like in previous years. I believe he said he wants to see constant improvements rather than gambling on 1 large update.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    I think Binotta said they would be making updates throughout the season at each circuit rather than one massive update like in previous years. I believe he said he wants to see constant improvements rather than gambling on 1 large update.
    i remember him saying that also....and i makes sense to bring stuff at each GP.....because as we've seen in the past, BIG updates is like a hit and miss
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    also
    1) he had frustrating last year
    2) Mercs the only team having championship car till 2016.
    3) Ferrari romours surrounding Daniel had agreement with Ferrari

Lot of factors playing around. Any driver would want to be in championship winning car. So before 2017 seb may have thought in that way. All of sudden ferrari being competitive, title contention playing around his mind now. So negotiation will be on after summer break.
    So, what happens if Bottas wins WDC this year? if Vet goes to Mercs, do they fire their new WDC or Ham?

Quote Originally Posted by CurdaNeta View Post
    So, what happens if Bottas wins WDC this year? if Vet goes to Mercs, do they fire their new WDC or Ham?
    Asuming Bottas is up to speed now in his Merc, there line up isn't all that bad with Ham (one of the best) and a decent second driver (still a little bit to prove in my opinion). Would they really put HAM and VET in the same team?
    It's clear that both of them are the best drivers in F1 (in my opinion with ALO and RIC). VET is very analytical and very hard working with the team, I think he can really pull a team towards him (like MSC). HAM is a very good driver, but also doing a lot of other things apart from F1. Probably both want to be in the same car against each other to show the world who's the best, but otherwise I don't really think it wuld create a good athmosphere in the team.

Also, for me it is clear since the last years that Lewis is only in F1 because he has had the absolute best car and he can score easy wins and championchips which is good for his stats and so he can be one of the greatest of al times in the books. However he doesn't show to much passion for the sport in my opinion. So if thing start to go downwards and he doesn't have a top car, I think he doesn't have the motivation to keep on going (like for instance Fernando has ahd the last thousands of years).
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof_F40 View Post
    Asuming Bottas is up to speed now in his Merc, there line up isn't all that bad with Ham (one of the best) and a decent second driver (still a little bit to prove in my opinion). Would they really put HAM and VET in the same team?
    It's clear that both of them are the best drivers in F1 (in my opinion with ALO and RIC). VET is very analytical and very hard working with the team, I think he can really pull a team towards him (like MSC). HAM is a very good driver, but also doing a lot of other things apart from F1. Probably both want to be in the same car against each other to show the world who's the best, but otherwise I don't really think it wuld create a good athmosphere in the team.

Also, for me it is clear since the last years that Lewis is only in F1 because he has had the absolute best car and he can score easy wins and championchips which is good for his stats and so he can be one of the greatest of al times in the books. However he doesn't show to much passion for the sport in my opinion. So if thing start to go downwards and he doesn't have a top car, I think he doesn't have the motivation to keep on going (like for instance Fernando has ahd the last thousands of years).
    +1....Both Ham and Vet are different in that Vet puts in the time to get to know his car while Ham does not....at times. I think we are seeing, between Ham and VB, that Ham has to prove he is a "talented" driver; when your winning championships in a dominant car and your team-mate stars beating you...its concerning. Ham, not being in the limelight anymore, MIGHT end up quiting MB since we will see a shift in #1 and #2 in MB SHOULD VB start winning races. Vet polarizes a team due to his work ethic, comes in early and stays late and ALWAYS wants to be in the car no matter if its for testing for whatever reason; he is the most knowledgeable and marketable F1 driver on the grid....period. He is "Schumacher-esque" is soooooo many ways. Both, Ham and Vet, are champions but its obvious, ALTM, Vet is way more talented and the better F1 driver of the two. I'm happy for VB that he is currently "showing-up" Ham and it is questioning some Ham-fosi out there IF Ham is really a "talented" driver.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    +1....Both Ham and Vet are different in that Vet puts in the time to get to know his car while Ham does not....at times. I think we are seeing, between Ham and VB, that Ham has to prove he is a "talented" driver; when your winning championships in a dominant car and your team-mate stars beating you...its concerning. Ham, not being in the limelight anymore, MIGHT end up quiting MB since we will see a shift in #1 and #2 in MB SHOULD VB start winning races. Vet polarizes a team due to his work ethic, comes in early and stays late and ALWAYS wants to be in the car no matter if its for testing for whatever reason; he is the most knowledgeable and marketable F1 driver on the grid....period. He is "Schumacher-esque" is soooooo many ways. Both, Ham and Vet, are champions but its obvious, ALTM, Vet is way more talented and the better F1 driver of the two. I'm happy for VB that he is currently "showing-up" Ham and it is questioning some Ham-fosi out there IF Ham is really a "talented" driver.
    True.
    FERRARI FOREVER...!!!

PROBLEMS OR STRATEGY?
    Already three turbochargers at Ferrari

Ferrari has already used the third turbocharger in the GP Russia in all four cars and explained this with strategic reasons. This is only partly true. What is really behind the early exchange?

Ferrari Has no white vest anymore. The two factory cars and the two HaasF1 are already loaded with the third turbocharger. All four drivers use the second MGU-H, the second control unit and Sebastian Vettel, Kimi Raikkonen and Romain Grosjean also use the second battery. Raikkonen, Grosjean and Kevin Magnussen already have the second internal combustion engine in the car.

Ferrari Explained the second turbocharger exchange of the season in Sochi with "planned rotation" and "strategic reasons". This is only half the truth. Motorsman Luigi Fraboni said: "We were faced with some small problems in the first race that we analyzed. The changes we had to make to the engine and the turbocharger were a precaution. We are in a strategically important part of the season and do not want to make a mistake now.

Ferrari wants to go without punishments
    In fact, two damages caused Ferrari to make corrections. Romain Grosjean lost a turbocharger at the GP Australia, Kimi Räikkönen In the first GP GP training session. A problem with the drive of the Ferrari SF70H also occurred during the Bahrain trials.
    Apparently the defect concerns the loaders themselves, because on the second change in Russia, Ferrari limited itself only to switch the turbochargers, but to reuse the MGU-H. Normally both are always exchanged in the double pack.
    If Ferrari specifies "strategic reasons" for the early deployment of the third turbocharger, this is quite justified. Vettel has 3 turbochargers in the system. The old, faulty units, will be from GP Spain.In the Friday training sessions. The last specification will be installed for qualification and races. Fraboni is optimistic: "As far as we can judge today, we should come through the season with four elements."

Advantage with early component change
    But it sounds very ambitious. If Fraboni speaks of "strategy", then there is also the hedge for the case behind it, if it goes wrong. Engine experts will explain why it makes sense to bring several instances into the pool early, if you have problems with one component.
    "It is better to be able to select in such a case among several components. So you can better control a possible take-off penalty. You do not want to be forced to take them where a damage occurs. Ferrari can now hold on to the races where it does not hurt to start further back because you can easily overtake. In Spa Or Monza for example. Or at a race where you would already be on a bad starting place anyway. "
    A toad must swallow Ferrari. With three turbochargers in the system, you now only have the opportunity to ignite a development stage in this area. Competitor Mercedes has on paper the possibility of three upgrades.

-------------AMUS F1

Mercedes reveals what F1's new car number and name display will look like

Attachment 7110

These are 2018 rules which the SF70-H will have to follow suit.
    Last edited by jgonzalesm6; 10th May 2017 at 14:41.

Sorry guys to interrupt you, but this thread is about SF70-H so please stop posting a lot of

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Mercedes reveals what F1's new car number and name display will look like

Attachment 7110

These are 2018 rules which the SF70-H will have to follow suit.
    There is a good use of a shark fin

I wonder what our numbers will look on the Ferrari !

Quote Originally Posted by Seb View Post
    I wonder what our numbers will look on the Ferrari !
    Bigger!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    There is a good use of a shark fin
    And a new one,as it looks
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

ferrari has a ‚‚new‚‚ rims

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    This is the only one of the two weaknesses I see in current Ferrari car. Good that they are addressing it.
    Vet was pretty disappointed after Russian gp, it was his win actually. But the start cost him very much.
    What is the other one that you thinking can be bit of a weakness which we can improve?.. I hope we can have similar start systems to last year which allowed us in the first 20-40 metres to propel nicely or the second phase of the start where we can capitalise on.

Quote Originally Posted by gjoko-mkd View Post
    ferrari has a ‚‚new‚‚ rims

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C_eNcuYXUAAz_B2.jpg
    Ferrari pimped their ride!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AJ_Hussain92 View Post
    What is the other one that you thinking can be bit of a weakness which we can improve?.. I hope we can have similar start systems to last year which allowed us in the first 20-40 metres to propel nicely or the second phase of the start where we can capitalise on.
    Other one is improvement on pu side. I still find Ferrari not using full power due to reliability issues.

Hmmm it seems we don't have any major upgrade for this weekend. Just bits & pieces as articles are suggesting.
    Let's see how Ferrari maintain their performance over their rivals who are bringing upgrades to their cars. This is the key battle/race. It decides which way pendulum might swing. They will have advtange over the course of the season.

The 1st upgrade.
    New barge boards
    Attachment 7111
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    The 1st upgrade.
    New barge boards
    Attachment 7111
    God I have been waiting for this for the last fortnight! Keep it coming!! :)

great to see some upgrades. cant wait for more pictures to roll in.

I think we should believe in Binotto and the rest of the team. They have been on a very high level so far this year and i think its much better to bring upgrades constantly than only 1 or 2 big upgrades that many times just dont work as it should.
    Seb will not go anywhere soon if you ask me because Ferrari is still a dream come true for every true racer, so if the team can give him a competitive car he would be stupid to change the team. On the other hand.. thats just my humble opinion and he can surprise us at the end.
    And the last thing i wanted to say is a little bit about Red Fools. Yes, they may have the best aero development team but finding 1,5 sec? We all know for how long Ferrari tried to close the gap and i really doubt they can do it without any major PU upgrade. And dont forget.. they still need to fine tune this car up and i would be surprised if they would be closer then 0,5 sec gap to the best. The teams had a few 1000km of testing to solve every problem and fine tune a car.. they have 3 FP until the qualy if the car is really all new.
    Still think this will be a battle between Mercs and Ferrari.. just hope we stay ahead with a few small upgrades or maybe even with any kind of surprise for other teams. Forza Ferrari!!

New numers on SF70H, IMHO very nice

And the new bargeboards

SF70-H 2017 Spain GP bargeboards for Kimi and Seb

Attachment 7113

New T-Wing

Quote Originally Posted by Honzus View Post
    no its a now a DVB-t antenna

Quote Originally Posted by vetalo View Post
    no its a now a DVB-t antenna