Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF70H

Last time we won the Spanish gp we did this https://youtu.be/8WXVf4gDnz0

I hope this time we start first and second and that the starts are sorted. It's still relatively a long run to turn one.

oh boy, these winged shark fins are starting to look ridiculous....
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Last time we won the Spanish gp we did this [video]https://youtu.be/8WXVf4gDnz0[/url]

I hope this time we start first and second and that the starts are sorted. It's still relatively a long run to turn one.
    Damn that's a good start...

Rumors from Gazetta that Ferrari will introduce new ICE this week..Don't know that the upgrades one
    #PrayforMH370 #KeepFightingSchumi

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    oh boy, these winged shark fins are starting to look ridiculous....
    yes it's starting to get way too much

Sorry to post it here, but, the mercedes upgrades are huge! it's really disturbing!

Quote Originally Posted by totox View Post
    Sorry to post it here, but, the mercedes upgrades are huge! it's really disturbing!
    What have they improved? Any links?

Yup..Enormous..Looks like new car

I haven't seen anything on any news site yet. Post some pictures or articles please.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    What have they improved? Any links?
    http://www.newsf1.it/foto-gallery-es...voluzione3148/

Mercedes update gallery. Not going to lie, I'm concerned. Hopefully the Ferrari concept is just fundamentally the better concept and we don't need alł these appendages. Only time will tell... but I'm nervous!

thanks

Deleted

Jesus they released new big update in 2nd test and now again. They must have abandoned development rather early last year.

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    Mercedes update gallery. Not going to lie, I'm concerned. Hopefully the Ferrari concept is just fundamentally the better concept and we don't need alł these appendages. Only time will tell... but I'm nervous!

This could be a make or break for mercs. What if it doesn't work? they have 3 days to test it. Personally, i still prefer what we are doing with our car having incremental updates/upgrades instead of major upgrade.
    Forza Ferrari

To be honest, i'm not too surprised. Heavy upgrades were expected of Mercedes. We weren't sitting idle as well, let's hope we can match it and still have the edge.

To be honest, i'm not too surprised. Heavy upgrades were expected of Mercedes. We weren't sitting idle as well, let's hope we can match it and still have the edge.
    the new nose is slimmer, i like it :) . weren't they talking about having to shed some extra weight off ?

the new nose is slimmer, i like it :) . weren't they talking about having to shed some extra weight off ?
    Think so, they will try it in the FP's n will see the outcome.
    But that mercs looks strong. Hope ferrari has something to respond.

major changes in the structure of the car is quite tricky if you ask me, it's a juggling act when it comes to the aerodynamics.
    Forza Ferrari

Yap, that was their main goal i think, putting their car on a diet. I don't know if there is any indications judging by these images that they succeeded to do that. Maybe someone with more knowledge on the matter will give his opinion.

When you always looking at other people's farm you won't have time to tend yours, I don't like why some people here keeps on bringing others story here who really cares about what Merc has; FERRAI WON TWO races in Mercedes strong circuits and should have won china but for the safety car and we are still saying Merc brought "mega' updates and you think Ferrari don't know what to do to win in Spain. Please these people should take their negative energy from here.

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post

When you always looking at other people's farm you won't have time to tend yours, I don't like why some people here keeps on bringing others story here who really cares about what Merc has; FERRAI WON TWO races in Mercedes strong circuits and should have won china but for the safety car and we are still saying Merc brought "mega' updates and you think Ferrari don't know what to do to win in Spain. Please these people should take their negative energy from here.

Quote Originally Posted by vetalo View Post
    Oh come on, we can't discuss our rival's moves? Why so sensitive? Negative energy lol.

all this crap they have added is to get air to the rear. still looks like a heavy car thats destroys its rubber shoes.these guys r behind in car balance and keeping there tires to last as long as ferrari.at this point all ferrari needs is small refindments like the new barge boards new t wing maybe one of the 4 new wings they had couple weeks ago.plus we havent really seen everything ferrari brought or maybe we did

All those bits and pieces will just make their car struggle even more in dirty air. Its just too busy and they put so many bits how will they even know they are working as planned. This just looks like desperation to me

MERCEDES TECHNOLOGY UPGRADE FOR GP SPAIN
    Silver Arrow gets a sniffing nose

Mercedes has called Ferrari the fight. With a great Spain upgrade that shows a spectacular detail. Once again the silver arrow presents a new nose. The latest construction enters Formula One's uncharted territory.

Before the GP Spain, everyone spoke only of the new Red Bull. That also Mercedes car once completely reworked, so only a few reckoned. A few new parts were expected. But when the silver arrow for the technical approval was pushed was clear: Mercedes has shot the bird at the large upgrade festival of Barcelona.

The silver arrow has been modified in many details: underbody, baffles, tail wings. But the most spectacular detail is the nose. With its shape and its components, she enters new territory in Formula 1. The first specimens arrived in Barcelona on Thursday afternoon.
    It is not the first time that Mercedes is operating around the nose. Shorter and narrower, first without S-shaft, then with. Under the nose grew more and more air baffles, lastly three-nested with a myriad of fringes on the lower horizontal plate. So-called vortex generators. They generate air swirls that are used to deflect other air swirls.

Mercedes remains faithful to the long wheelbase
    The latest nose of the Mercedes-Benz leasing offer can be found here! W08 suggests everything the engineers around Aldo Costa had to offer so far in complexity. At first she is once more slender. Clearly visible at the base to the chassis, where the nose is clearly tapered. As she goes a little further in the front, she reminds her of a duckling. At first, two small baffles grow, and then a huge fin, which bends outwards like a shovel. This reminds something of a snow plow.
    This demanded a new Crashtest.Nevertheless, the Mercedes engineers do without the ugly tuber at the Nasenspitze. The nose and baffles are intended to improve the flow direction of the stern, the baffle plates and the modifications on the ground, the air duct around the side boxes.
    Rumors, Mercedes would shorten the wheelbase, turn out to be an air number. "We should have shortened the transmission and paid a penalty because Barcelona is the fifth race," an engineer waved. Also in Monte Carlo, Mercedes will drive its long version. A lot of work was put into the lowering of the weight. The car is now just above the limit of 728 kilograms. Before it was 6 kilograms too heavy.

New engines for the factory
    Also new are the engines in the two factory cars. Lewis Hamilton And Valtteri Bottas will get the Phase 2 engine starting Friday, which allows the maximum power over a longer period of time. This includes the complete set: engine, turbocharger, MGU-K, MGU-H. A race earlier than it was the battle plan. Anyone who wants to drive through the season with four drive units per driver has to create five GP weekends per kit.
    Mercedes preferred the race for strategic reasons. The drive unit would also have surpassed Barcelona, ​​which is seen in the customer teams. Force India And Williams continue with the first specification. From Monte Carlo the first engine will be used again on Friday. As long as possible to allow a sixth race later in the season one of the remaining drive units.

------------AMUS F1

Wow thats alot of bits and pieces. That new nose would have had to been crash tested also. Lots of $$$$$$ went into that car in the month. I hope we got 17 pics worth of new bits also or at least half that.

Didn't know Merc have PU upgrades as well...

Didn't know Merc have PU upgrades as well...
    mercs are going all out & have the edge on ferrari early in the season. I think ferrari are playing it smart in development chase. It's just my inner feeling. Hope it's right.