Page 66 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1641525354555657585960616263646566676869707172737475767778798091 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,980 of 3405

Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF70H

Quote Originally Posted by Seb View Post
    Anybody know why Vettel wears black gloves this year??
    When it comes to driver gloves for the Scuderia, I have seen lime green and of course red...maybe white from way back when but I ccould be wrong....have not seen black but its Vettel and they are team colors so I guess what Vettel wants, Vettel gets when it comes to team colors as far as gloves go.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    When it comes to driver gloves for the Scuderia, I have seen lime green and of course red...maybe white from way back when but I ccould be wrong....have not seen black but its Vettel and they are team colors so I guess what Vettel wants, Vettel gets when it comes to team colors as far as gloves go.
    Alonso and Massa wore White gloves in 2010, but also white racing boots!

Alonso and Massa wore White gloves in 2010, but also white racing boots!

Maybe its to better identify them in the cockpit on-boards????

Maybe its to better identify them in the cockpit on-boards????
    Not a bad shout! I know Mercedes do that with Hamilton white gloves and boots and Bottas with blue, Rosberg wore green! Easy way for TV viewers to see who's who in that angle! Could be why our boy wears black!

Not a bad shout! I know Mercedes do that with Hamilton white gloves and boots and Bottas with blue, Rosberg wore green! Easy way for TV viewers to see who's who in that angle! Could be why our boy wears black!
    true....but I could easily identify them from their helmets on the camera above them.....they also have a camera inside the cockpit...chest level I believe and thats hard to know who it is.

true....but I could easily identify them from their helmets on the camera above them.....they also have a camera inside the cockpit...chest level I believe and thats hard to know who it is.
    Oh yeah I was referring to the other cam! Most people could identify with the helmets! But I guess it's whe it's lower!

maybe there black to to disguise what he's pushing or turning for button inside the pit

Quote Originally Posted by djmorin27 View Post
    maybe there black to to disguise what he's pushing or turning for button inside the pit
    I share the same thought.

Quote Originally Posted by long2ma View Post
    I share the same thought.
    Yeah it's pretty clever thinking when you put it that way!!

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    What is it about? I can not load that page....

War for the tire pressure
    Who feeds Pirelli with wrong data?

Despite stable tires, Pirelli often sets the air pressure too high and then rolls back. The reason for this are the output data Pirelli gets from the teams. Two of them feed Pirelli regularly with too high values.
    21.05.2017 Michael Schmidt

Pirelli surprised everyone. Although the cars have become significantly faster, keep the tires tidy. The wear is low, grains a problem of the past and the danger of persistent overheating banned. On the hard tire mixtures you could drive a whole race with stable lap times. Therefore Pirelli generally prescribes lower air pressures than 2016.

Usually the teams have to wait for a training day. For the Friday, the Italian tire producer often still has the policy of caution. At the beginning of the week, Pirelli writes comparatively high air pressures, which they then correct downwards after a training day.

In Australia, Bahrain and Barcelona the air pressures were reduced massively. In Australia on the front axle. The tire pressure was reduced from Friday to Saturday 22.0 to 21.0 PSI. In Bahrain, Pirelli corrected from 20.5 to 19.5 PSI. The biggest tire printing gift was in Barcelona. Front from 22.5 to 22.0 PSI, rear from 20.0 to 18.5 PSI.
    Lower air pressure: Ferrari benefits

During the winter test drives, Pirelli was still satisfied with the surprisingly low value of 22.0 PSI in the front and 18.0 PSI in the back for Barcelona. That's why the teams were surprised that 2 months later, the limits for the GP weekend were significantly higher with 22.5 and 20.0 PSI.

Pirelli technician Mario Isola defended himself: "We determine the pressures on the output data, which we get from the teams three weeks before the race. In Barcelona the cars were heavily modified and thus the contact pressure increased. We reacted to this. If we see from our own measurements after a training day that the values ​​do not match the reality, we change the limits for the air pressure. "

If the 3 races, with the Pirelli the air pressures drastically lowered, compared with one another, then results in common. With the high pressures on Friday, Mercedes was always clearly superior. On a lap and at the Longruns. Scarcely had Pirelli reduced the values ​​for the Saturday, Ferrari lay in the wind shadow of the silver arrows.
    Ferrari aerodynamics more stable with more tire movement

All cars get faster with smaller tire pressures. Ferrari, however, clearly benefits more than Mercedes. This can be because the aerodynamics of the silver arrows work better when the tire rolls less heavily. Ferrari seems to have the more stable platform. This is not even a few Mercedes engineers exclude, even if they claim that the problem is more complex.

The fact is that Mercedes had a good model for the tires, which were much too much pumped up in the past. Nobody brought the 2016 tires as reliably in their work windows as the world champion. This is now suddenly no longer the case. Because car and tire are completely different. Not just from the dimensions. Also from concept.

Since Pirelli is oriented towards the simulations of the teams when determining the air pressures, the suspicion in the paddock is that the tire manufacturer is deliberately fed with excessively high output data in order to keep the tire pressures high. It should always be the same two teams that deliver fantasy.

Ferrari suspects that only teams that have an interest in high pressure can be behind it. So Mercedes. Mario Isola did not want to comment on the rumors. "It is true that some of the output values ​​prove to be exaggerated in reality. But such a policy would not do much, because we can always change the air pressure if we feel it is safe. "
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Mercedes is desperate. This is in reality good! Let them try! As Mario said, they can always reduce the pressure if the telemetry is different in reality to that provided by teams.

Mercedes

Damnit Mercedes

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Look who's moaning again

Red Bull motorsport boss Helmut Marko has once again suggested the team will leave Formula 1 if they continue to be "blackmailed" over the engine rules.

Red Bull have struggled to keep up with Ferrari and Mercedes this season partly due to their Renault-powered, TAG Heuer branded engine being way off the pace.

And while new bosses Liberty Media are looking at ways to improve the sport from 2020 and beyond, Marko wants to see a "simple" idea implemented or else Red Bull could well withdraw from the World Championship.

"The idea is very simple. We want an engine that is 1000hp, with a single standard KERS and battery, and development does not cost more than 15-20 million," Marko told El Confidencial.

"They should have sound, and allow the driver to make the difference. And independent companies like Ilmor and Cosworth should be able to enter so that we or McLaren can use them if we want."

Marko was then asked whether Red Bull could pull out from Formula 1 altogether.

"Yes," he said, "because last year Mercedes would not give us an engine, neither would Ferrari, and Renault was only forced by Ecclestone to give us one.

"We want to have an equal situation where we are not blackmailed by a manufacturer."

http://www.planetf1.com/news/marko-t...-engine-rules/
    According to FIA, engine manufacturers have reached "convergence". This means that 3 of the 4 mfgrs. PU's are within 0.3 sec. based on a calculated theoretical lap time of the Barcelona track. The calculations used were defined & agreed to by the 4 PU manufacturers last year & are based on data collected from the first 3 races of the 2017 calendar.
    So what is Marko on about???

Full article HERE
    Last edited by abbottcostello; 22nd May 2017 at 15:57. Reason: typo
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

MERCEDES VS. FERRARI
    What did the upgrades bring?

Mercedes brought a major upgrade to Barcelona, ​​Ferrari a small one. Nevertheless, both were about equally fast. Was all the effort at the end free?
    Mercedes Came with lots of luggage to Barcelona. The engineers at Brackley had half reinvented the W08. New nose, new deflectors underneath, new baffles, new floor, new rear wing. And what had Ferrari? Modified baffles, a double T-wing, small retouching on the diffuser. And with what result? On one lap the Ferrari was faster. But only after Pirelli had drastically lowered the tire pressure. Sebastian Vettel had already the pole position before the eyes, as the wind in the chicanery blew him.

Was thus the whole effort with Mercedes nothing? On the contrary. The main focus of the monster upgrade was not so much on roundness. The engineers quantified the profit per round to one tenth. It was much more important for Mercedes to display the downforce steadily over all driving conditions. This facilitates tire management. And Mercedes has taken a big step forward.

Mercedes always in the tire window
    The silver arrows were in the tire window from the first training. And they kept the trail behind the high temperatures and high loads in the fast corners. On both rubber mixtures. That was a new quality. Lewis Hamilton Made 30 laps on the soft tire. The race was balanced in speed comparison. Ferrari was slightly better on the soft tire, Mercedes on the hard.
    This allowed the Mercedes-Kommandostand to trick Ferrari. The best tactics does not get much if the car is too slow. But the whole mountain is still not over, "said an engineer:" At Valtteri, the first tire set after 22 laps. And he was too slow compared to Lewis. This may have been due to the fact that his car was damaged at the start. "

Teamchef Toto Wolff recognizes a clear upward trend in the solution of the tire problem: "We have understood a little more every weekend. We're so excited that Lewis will be able to drive the last set consistently fast. "The Austrian also predicts:" The rest of this season will be a brutal development race. We are not allowed to lose either the car, the engine, the understanding of the tires. "

No longer power, but longer runtime
    The philosophy of the aerodynamic upgrade from Mercedes can also be transferred to the engine. The second engine generation was not designed for more power. The aim was to secure a longer term. The engine technicians in Brixworth have expanded the M08 six-cylinder turbo all the small weak points, which during the test drives and the first race Had occurred.
    The seriousness of the situation shows the engine damage of Valtteri Bottas. The first series of engine, turbocharger, MGU-H and MGU-K was perceived as too great a risk for further racing operations. The drive unit only came back into the car on Saturday. A turbine blade broke off promptly. Bottas therefore has to contest the next weekends with the number 2 engine. Hamilton has a little more air. For him, the Series 1 engine will continue to do his work in the Friday sessions.

----Via AMUS

New Mercedes style turning vanes?

Quote Originally Posted by gjoko-mkd View Post
    Also the nose cone looks blunt now rather than the sharp edges, excited..!
    FERRARI FOREVER...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gjoko-mkd View Post
    MA did say they will be looking at other cars more closely this year. Impressive how fast they brought it in

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    MA did say they will be looking at other cars more closely this year. Impressive how fast they brought it in
    I think with limited wind tunnel and CFD usage limits that this would have been in the works already. Being larger doesn't necessarily mean it is "Mercedes style". Mercedes scoops have a horizontal profile the length of the underside of the nosecone. This simply look like larger versions of what was in place on the SF70H. Ultimately they have the same purpose of guiding air to the bargeboards/sidepod area, but I think the philosophies are quite different.

Further to that, people commenting of F1 technical seem to think it is identical, just a different angle photograph. Can anyone confirm?

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    Further to that, people commenting of F1 technical seem to think it is identical, just a different angle photograph. Can anyone confirm?
    So here are pics of the underside of the W08 S-duct nose vane(Spain 2017 GP) as it is being removed or being put on.

Attachment 7143

Underneath Bottas car Spain 2017 when he blew his engine emphasis on the S-duct nose vane

Attachment 7144
    Last edited by jgonzalesm6; 23rd May 2017 at 23:46.

So here are pics of the underside of the W08 S-duct nose vane(Spain 2017 GP) as it is being removed or being put on.

Attachment 7143

Underneath Bottas car Spain 2017 when he blew his engine emphasis on the S-duct nose vane

Attachment 7144

Sorry, I meant identical to the previous iteration on the SF70H, not the merc.
    But that's a great pic nonetheless. I'd not seen the s-duct entry point on the new turning vane before.

Some suggesting we have a new, slender nose. I've not seen pics yet, can anyone confirm?

Sorry, I meant identical to the previous iteration on the SF70H, not the merc.
    But that's a great pic nonetheless. I'd not seen the s-duct entry point on the new turning vane before.

Some suggesting we have a new, slender nose. I've not seen pics yet, can anyone confirm?
    I have'nt seen pics of what you're suggesting or post #1968(pic)...if they do pop up, I'll post them.....however I believe everyone is at the Force India paddock....waiting

Attachment 7145

Hahaha wow!

On a serious note though, I like where they've moved the numbers to. Makes a big difference.

Hahaha wow!

On a serious note though, I like where they've moved the numbers to. Makes a big difference.
    yep....they(FI) were about to get fined if they did'nt comply to FIA rules.

Smile

yep....they(FI) were about to get fined if they did'nt comply to FIA rules.
    I like our retro numbers much better.
    Nice idea from Ferrari to copy the ones of 1976.

There's some great pictures of our car over on F1 technical. I'd post them but I'm computer illiterate and can't work out how to do it.

The only developments I can notice is yet another iteration of the second monkey seat in front of the original one. This one is much more moulded to the exhaust. Other than that, I'm not noticing anything. Is anyone else???

There's some great pictures of our car over on F1 technical. I'd post them but I'm computer illiterate and can't work out how to do it.

The only developments I can notice is yet another iteration of the second monkey seat in front of the original one. This one is much more moulded to the exhaust. Other than that, I'm not noticing anything. Is anyone else???
    that and the double t-wing has a bit of a angle towards the end of top wing....very minor.....other than that looks basically the same from the twitter feeds I have been getting.

New podium is finished for Monaco.