Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF70H

  1. #2221
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    2,565
    Ferrari keeps 'head down' despite return of regular F1 wins.

    Ferrari boss Maurizio Arrivabene says the team isn't celebrating wins too hard as it shifts focus to a first world title since 2008.

    Ferrari team principal Maurizio Arrivabene says the Italian manufacturer didn't chose revel in its first Monaco victory since 2001 in order to focus on its unrelenting pursuit for world titles.

    After three wins from the opening seven races, including the historic Monaco victory plus Sebastian Vettel leading the F1 world championship by 12 points from Lewis Hamilton, Ferrari has enjoyed its best start to an F1 season since 2008 when it last clinched the F1 world constructors' crown.

    Despite its Monaco joy Ferrari were reminded of the threat from Mercedes when it stormed to a one-two in Canada while the Italian manufacturer hit a number of problems to see Vettel finish fourth and Kimi Raikkonen a lowly seventh.

    “We did not have any great celebration after Bahrain; we did not have any great celebration after Australia,” Arrivabene said. “We've kept our feet on the ground, the season it still long.




    “We were happy to win Monaco after many, many years, and for the first few seconds it was something that was somehow historical, but then you look at the calendar, the Formula One calendar, and how many races to go, you put your head down and you start working again.

    “On Sunday [in Monaco] they were celebrating and were all happy. And then they turn immediately to the pits, they dismantled the boxes and the day after then they were on their way in Maranello and to be honest with you on Monday morning we have our race debrief and so everybody was focused on the next race.”

    Ferrari has slipped to second in the F1 world constructors' championship after the results in Canada with Mercedes now holding an eight point advantage heading towards the Azerbaijan Grand Prix.

    http://www.crash.net/f1/news/252406/...r-f1-wins.html

  2. #2222
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    393
    Was Azerbaijan cold last year? That could suit Ferrari. I am concerned after Canada - but I think Canada was a culmination of many things that led to that result. I think without Max, worst case scenario would have been P2 And we would have looked stronger and felt more confident. I think the situation has not changed much since Monaco, it's just Mercedes was back on form.

  3. #2223
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Skopje, Macedonia
    Posts
    1,944
    Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    Was Azerbaijan cold last year? That could suit Ferrari. I am concerned after Canada - but I think Canada was a culmination of many things that led to that result. I think without Max, worst case scenario would have been P2 And we would have looked stronger and felt more confident. I think the situation has not changed much since Monaco, it's just Mercedes was back on form.
    Canada was just like China. A race where Seb was struck by misfortunes but managed to get the best out of the situation. However, the misfortunes were bigger in Canada than in China. From P18 to P4 is a result that we can be happy with. Race pace was there. Too bad we didn't pit under SC though.

  4. #2224
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    5,342
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Canada was just like China. A race where Seb was struck by misfortunes but managed to get the best out of the situation. However, the misfortunes were bigger in Canada than in China. From P18 to P4 is a result that we can be happy with. Race pace was there. Too bad we didn't pit under SC though.
    if they knew that the front wing had the extensive damage it did and pitted under the safety car, it essentially would have been a FREE pitstop....and possibly Seb would have given Lewis a run for his money....but unfortunately they ONLY realised the wing was quite damaged when the car went at FULL speed.....oh well, all in all Seb did pretty good to limit the damage
    ...the new SF70H looks amazing. Let's hope it's gonna be as FAST as it looks.


  5. #2225
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Skopje, Macedonia
    Posts
    1,944
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    if they knew that the front wing had the extensive damage it did and pitted under the safety car, it essentially would have been a FREE pitstop....and possibly Seb would have given Lewis a run for his money....but unfortunately they ONLY realised the wing was quite damaged when the car went at FULL speed.....oh well, all in all Seb did pretty good to limit the damage
    A bit strange to be honest, i think we saw that his front wing was damaged before the SC went out.

  6. #2226
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    5,342
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    A bit strange to be honest, i think we saw that his front wing was damaged before the SC went out.
    yeah we all saw that it was damaged, but as soon as it got damaged the safety car came out and he was NOT going at full speed until the safety car came back in.

    and thats' when it broke further in due to higher speed.....to me the team made a CRUTIAL mistake right there, they should have pited him right away as it undre the safety car would have been a FREE pitstop anyways.....oh well.

    they just thought that the wing was not that damaged from teh telemetry #;s they were seeing at that paritcular moment running at LOW speed.

    let's hope we'll be better in Baku and we'll get the Mercs this time
    ...the new SF70H looks amazing. Let's hope it's gonna be as FAST as it looks.


  7. #2227
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    2,565
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    yeah we all saw that it was damaged, but as soon as it got damaged the safety car came out and he was NOT going at full speed until the safety car came back in.

    and thats' when it broke further in due to higher speed.....to me the team made a CRUTIAL mistake right there, they should have pited him right away as it undre the safety car would have been a FREE pitstop anyways.....oh well.

    they just thought that the wing was not that damaged from teh telemetry #;s they were seeing at that paritcular moment running at LOW speed.

    let's hope we'll be better in Baku and we'll get the Mercs this time
    I was yelling at the TV to pit Vettel once I saw the movement of that right front wing thru his on-board cam under the safety car. There is a camera I believe below looking forward at the right/left front wing.....why someone did'nt see this at Ferrari camp instead of relying on SC telemetry #'s is beyond me.

  8. #2228
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Skopje, Macedonia
    Posts
    1,944
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    I was yelling at the TV to pit Vettel once I saw the movement of that right front wing thru his on-board cam under the safety car. There is a camera I believe below looking forward at the right/left front wing.....why someone did'nt see this at Ferrari camp instead of relying on SC telemetry #'s is beyond me.
    Exactly.

  9. #2229
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Slovenia, Maribor
    Posts
    109
    Well it doesnt even matter now, we should be focused on Baku race. We cant change the past, but we can change the future. ;)
    In Ferrari we believe!

  10. #2230
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sarajevo
    Posts
    1,551
    any news about updates for baku?

  11. #2231
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    2,565
    Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    any news about updates for baku?
    nothing yet Zike.....

  12. #2232
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sarajevo
    Posts
    1,551
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    nothing yet Zike.....
    I will miss the race in Baku, due to a business trip, it will be the first race I missed since 2000.... So I'm pretty inpatient about any news

  13. #2233
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    9,272
    Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    I will miss the race in Baku, due to a business trip, it will be the first race I missed since 2000.... So I'm pretty inpatient about any news
    Hopefully it will be 1-2 for Ferrari in one bored race, so you won't miss much

  14. #2234
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    hong kong
    Posts
    1,001
    Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Hopefully it will be 1-2 for Ferrari in one bored race, so you won't miss much
    If it is a Ferrari 1-2 it's never boring

  15. #2235
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    2,565
    Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    I will miss the race in Baku, due to a business trip, it will be the first race I missed since 2000.... So I'm pretty inpatient about any news
    Crates and equipment have arrived for some teams at Baku. No updates yet gentlemen. Imola looks to resurface in the F1 calender.

  16. #2236
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sarajevo
    Posts
    1,551
    Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Hopefully it will be 1-2 for Ferrari in one bored race, so you won't miss much
    And Ham in distant tenth

  17. #2237
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    4,524
    Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    And Ham in distant tenth

  18. #2238
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    France
    Posts
    416
    Looks like mercedes had a new fuel in canada

    https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...bottas-919128/

  19. #2239
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    9,272
    Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    And Ham in distant tenth
    Agree

  20. #2240
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    2,565
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Looks like mercedes had a new fuel in canada

    https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...bottas-919128/
    Really Vallterri?? Tell us something we don't know already! Puuuuuhhhhlllleeeeeeesssss!

  21. #2241
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    4,524
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Looks like mercedes had a new fuel in canada

    https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...bottas-919128/
    uggghhhh Petrone giving mercs all the boosts

  22. #2242
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    3,592
    Heard somewhere that Ferrari had filming day at mugello. Couple of days ago.

  23. #2243
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    France
    Posts
    416
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Heard somewhere that Ferrari had filming day at mugello. Couple of days ago.
    Testing new engine with 200+ more hp ??

  24. #2244
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    369
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Testing new engine with 200+ more hp ??
    Nice!! hahaha

  25. #2245
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Slovenia, Maribor
    Posts
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by jragona View Post
    Nice!! hahaha
    What? Its this true, or a joke? Can you give me an article?

  26. #2246
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    369
    I think its a joke... unfortunately...

  27. #2247
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    France
    Posts
    416
    Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    What? Its this true, or a joke? Can you give me an article?
    I don't know i was being sarcastic :)

  28. #2248
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    4,524
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Testing new engine with 200+ more hp ??
    sorry, what does "filming day" mean?

  29. #2249
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    4,524
    just googled and saw the last one was in May , so maybe you heard of that one ?

  30. #2250
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    369
    Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    sorry, what does "filming day" mean?
    It a track day the teams can use for testing, but the official reason is for filming the car for adverts, etc... The only restrictions are 100km mileage and non-race tires.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •