Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF70H

  1. #2251
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    5,431
    Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    sorry, what does "filming day" mean?
    filming day means that a team can run a car on a track for 100km's....i think each team gets 2 or 3 filming days a season and all teams take FULL advantage of this as it means sort of FREE testing in order to test certain parts or work out some other troubles they think they may have.

  2. #2252
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    3,852
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    filming day means that a team can run a car on a track for 100km's....i think each team gets 2 or 3 filming days a season and all teams take FULL advantage of this as it means sort of FREE testing in order to test certain parts or work out some other troubles they think they may have.
    No technical parts & tyres too are different prototype. Not race tyres.
    If it's 2 filming tests per season, then Ferrari already used it's quota think so.

  3. #2253
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    4,612
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    filming day means that a team can run a car on a track for 100km's....i think each team gets 2 or 3 filming days a season and all teams take FULL advantage of this as it means sort of FREE testing in order to test certain parts or work out some other troubles they think they may have.
    thank you!

  4. #2254
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    4,612
    Quote Originally Posted by jragona View Post
    It a track day the teams can use for testing, but the official reason is for filming the car for adverts, etc... The only restrictions are 100km mileage and non-race tires.
    thanks!

  5. #2255
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    hong kong
    Posts
    1,001
    Didn't ferrari use the second filming day to test the new start procedure ?

  6. #2256
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    3,852
    Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    Didn't ferrari use the second filming day to test the new start procedure ?
    This was done earlier, as both kimi & vettel were practice in new start procedures.

  7. #2257
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sarajevo
    Posts
    1,572
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    This was done earlier, as both kimi & vettel were practice in new start procedures.
    Yes but I believe it was the second filming day

  8. #2258
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    393
    Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    Yes but I believe it was the second filming day
    I believe the first filming day took place the day after the car was unveiled in February.

  9. #2259
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sarajevo
    Posts
    1,572
    Gazzetta reports that Ferrari is ready to introduce a ICE update (performance upgrade on the combustion). Could already be in Baku.

    They also mentioned something about a different engine map for this track, but not exactly sure what they mean with that.

  10. #2260
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    4,612
    Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    Gazzetta reports that Ferrari is ready to introduce a ICE update (performance upgrade on the combustion). Could already be in Baku.

    They also mentioned something about a different engine map for this track, but not exactly sure what they mean with that.
    I really hope they are right , cant let the mercs get too far ahead especially at a track with such long straights like Baku

  11. #2261
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    3,852
    Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    I really hope they are right , cant let the mercs get too far ahead especially at a track with such long straights like Baku
    Don't worry if seb gets clean start, he will conquer this track during this weekend.

  12. #2262
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    4,612
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Don't worry if seb gets clean start, he will conquer this track during this weekend.
    yes! thats what i wanna see , Ferrari messed up at Spain and panicked when Hamilton chased down Vettel at the start, Have to make sure they are on point with the strategies

  13. #2263
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    2,750
    Azerbaijan race will require endurance from driver and team, says Paddy Lowe

    “It’s one of the hottest races of the year, with the record highest average temperature for this month being 39C, so it will require endurance from both the drivers and the team to stay at peak performance.”

    http://www.thecheckeredflag.co.uk/20...ys-paddy-lowe/


    Weather calls for hot and sunny for FP, Quali and GP.

  14. #2264
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    salco
    Posts
    1,491
    so will the hot temps help Ferrari?

  15. #2265
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Northglenn
    Posts
    2,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    so will the hot temps help Ferrari?
    The answer is yes.. If you go back to the Spanish GP, Lewis won the race but was literally winded at the end, actually panting on the radio during the live broadcast. After the race, Seb wasn't tired, didn't look tired, looked rested. Check out video on youtube. Anyway put that information with our guys having better performance and tire management in hot conditions and it's a + sign on our side.
    President, Scuderia Ferrari Club of Denver - The Official Passion
    http://www.scuderiaferrari.club
    denver@scuderiaferrari.club

  16. #2266
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    4,612
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Azerbaijan race will require endurance from driver and team, says Paddy Lowe

    “It’s one of the hottest races of the year, with the record highest average temperature for this month being 39C, so it will require endurance from both the drivers and the team to stay at peak performance.”

    http://www.thecheckeredflag.co.uk/20...ys-paddy-lowe/


    Weather calls for hot and sunny for FP, Quali and GP.
    Hamster has really been huffing and puffing, hopefully this continues

  17. #2267
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Hamster has really been huffing and puffing, hopefully this continues
    he did that race without a water tank in order to make the car lighter..
    “I have nothing to lose. I can only attack and press on”

    Michael Schumacher after Bahrain GP 2005

  18. #2268
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    4,612
    Quote Originally Posted by Avanti View Post
    he did that race without a water tank in order to make the car lighter..
    serious?? is that even allowed health-safety wise??

  19. #2269
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    serious?? is that even allowed health-safety wise??
    https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/h...s=1&q=hamilton
    “I have nothing to lose. I can only attack and press on”

    Michael Schumacher after Bahrain GP 2005

  20. #2270
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    4,612
    wow no word about that on commentary from whatever i heard, last race he sounded pretty calm and composed on the radio, im guessing those upgrades and fine tuning they've gotten has probably allowed him to carry it again

  21. #2271
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    C R O A T I A
    Posts
    954
    Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    Gazzetta reports that Ferrari is ready to introduce a ICE update (performance upgrade on the combustion). Could already be in Baku.

    They also mentioned something about a different engine map for this track, but not exactly sure what they mean with that.
    Albert Fabrega say there wont be any major updates for this GP regarding ICE

    There will be no major update in the Ferrari engine for the #AzerbaijanGP

  22. #2272
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    369
    These reports are compatible, it could be a small ICE update

  23. #2273
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    4,612
    Quote Originally Posted by F1NAC View Post
    Albert Fabrega say there wont be any major updates for this GP regarding ICE
    Boo :'-(

  24. #2274
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    4,612
    Was watching the drivers interviews for Baki, did Bottas say Mercs should be slightly faster on the curves or turns compared to Ferrari? i never heard clearly what he said when he was talking about the mercs on this track.

    Also Kimi answered really well compared to his usual interviews

  25. #2275
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    3,852
    Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Boo :'-(
    DC6-70fXkAA-ovR.jpgDC688TjW0AUpQcB.jpg

    From other forum

  26. #2276
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    3,852
    Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Was watching the drivers interviews for Baki, did Bottas say Mercs should be slightly faster on the curves or turns compared to Ferrari? i never heard clearly what he said when he was talking about the mercs on this track.

    Also Kimi answered really well compared to his usual interviews
    These days he's (bottas) speaking too much ....Might be to earn impression from Mr wolf

  27. #2277
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    2,750
    Aero upgrade Baku SF70-H - spoiler

    Attachment 7177


    Attachment 7178

  28. #2278
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    3,852
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Aero upgrade Baku SF70-H - spoiler

    Attachment 7177


    Attachment 7178
    My concern is why Ferrari is concentrating more on aero rather than engine performance that too on high power demand tracks.

  29. #2279
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    France
    Posts
    416
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    My concern is why Ferrari is concentrating more on aero rather than engine performance that too on high power demand tracks.
    This circuit have some really twisty bits dude .... thats why. And being a street circuit 'aka used only for this weekend as a circuit aka very dirty aka low grip' it's very important to have a stable/easy car.

  30. #2280
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kiato-Greece
    Posts
    1,989
    I don't think we are behind power wise.
    SEB did the best sector 3 in Q(Canada),despite Hams mighty lap with the Mercs magic button and their new fuel.
    Last edited by PURE PASSION; 22nd June 2017 at 13:05.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •