Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF70H

Quote Originally Posted by gvera View Post
    Do you need to analize the oil or just ask Petronas the additives used and the reason for using them?
    Sure, they can lie but that would cost Petronas a lot if caught afterwards.
    Yes, the FIA needs to analyze the oil and put SANCTIONS in the letter as opposed to just saying "its strickly forebidden." To MB or Petronas (lets use them as an example

since both seem to be at the center of this), they read this and say, " So what happens if we still go ahead with this?"......Nothing because there is no ACTION or SEVERE

penalty if caught; at least thats the way the article reads IMO. If anything, its a slap on the wrist.

I was wondering, am I the only one that reads the Event Notes document the FIA publishes at the beginning of each GP?

http://www.fia.com/file/58735/download?token=vePzyw6e

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Yes, the FIA needs to analyze the oil and put SANCTIONS in the letter as opposed to just saying "its strickly forebidden." To MB or Petronas (lets use them as an example

since both seem to be at the center of this), they read this and say, " So what happens if we still go ahead with this?"......Nothing because there is no ACTION or SEVERE

penalty if caught; at least thats the way the article reads IMO. If anything, its a slap on the wrist.
    If they find someone breaching the technical regs then it won't be a slap on the wrist. I imagine it would be DQ from the race at the very least.
    Forza Ferrari

It has been discussed previously.
    The problem is just with the turbos, they needed to change them to an upgraded version after failures, SEB has already used 4 different ones, the max allowed for the year.
    We don't know how many of those four are usable on races without risking a failure, he will surely use them on fridays but will probably need at least a fifth one to cover the remaining races.
    Read recently that all the turbos had been modified for reliability reasons, which is allowed, hence the high turnover rate. From that, I suspect they would have another 3 at their disposal.

I was wondering, am I the only one that reads the Event Notes document the FIA publishes at the beginning of each GP?

Wow very informative

Lol.....did'nt know that existed. I looked through it...Personally, I'm more concerned with the circuit changes (1st page) having to do with curbs, barriers, repavement, etc.

The rest look to be 'non-sequitur."

Quote Originally Posted by From Treviso View Post
    Read recently that all the turbos had been modified for reliability reasons, which is allowed, hence the high turnover rate. From that, I suspect they would have another 3 at their disposal.
    Unfortunately that was written at it.motosport.com (Omnicorse) and that article was aftewards completely rewritten denying the upgrades. After a component is homologated you cannot modify it, not even for reliability reasons. A pity in Ferrari's case.

Lol.....did'nt know that existed. I looked through it...Personally, I'm more concerned with the circuit changes (1st page) having to do with curbs, barriers, repavement, etc.

The rest look to be 'non-sequitur."
    The recipe on how to prepare the tyres is amazing, store at 60°C then use blankets at 80°C for two hours.
    Nothing is easy or cheap in F1, come on, store the tyres at 60°C?

Azerbaijan race will require endurance from driver and team, says Paddy Lowe

“It’s one of the hottest races of the year, with the record highest average temperature for this month being 39C, so it will require endurance from both the drivers and the team to stay at peak performance.”

http://www.thecheckeredflag.co.uk/20...ys-paddy-lowe/

Weather calls for hot and sunny for FP, Quali and GP.
    require endurance?
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

FERRARI BRINGING ENGINE UPGRADE TO BAKU: Lets hope these reports are real especially that the decision to bring it to Baku was reportedly on the basis of exceptional figures on the test bench. Fingers crossed everyone, let's have an epic weekend!!!

https://www.f1today.net/en/news/f1/2...pgrade-to-baku

Quote Originally Posted by No1.FerrariFan! View Post
    FERRARI BRINGING ENGINE UPGRADE TO BAKU: Lets hope these reports are real especially that the decision to bring it to Baku was reportedly on the basis of exceptional figures on the test bench. Fingers crossed everyone, let's have an epic weekend!!!

https://www.f1today.net/en/news/f1/2...pgrade-to-baku
    Fingers crossed. Maybe the results have been so exceptional because it implements the double injector technology that was rumoured?!

Ferrari is pushing. I'm proud of them. I hope we can show Mercedes how it's done this weekend. We deserve it after we lost last weekend out due to no fault of our own.

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    Fingers crossed. Maybe the results have been so exceptional because it implements the double injector technology that was rumoured?!

Ferrari is pushing. I'm proud of them. I hope we can show Mercedes how it's done this weekend. We deserve it after we lost last weekend out due to no fault of our own.
    well said mate, could not have put it any better myself.....

Forza FERRARI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Double injectors technology is related to fuel usage which gives max power boost during quali not in the race. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Double injectors technology is related to fuel usage which gives max power boost during quali not in the race. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Tbh, I have no idea. I just thought the two could be linked. It's exciting to hear the stories about such an increase in power though. Bring on the weekend!

Tbh, I have no idea. I just thought the two could be linked. It's exciting to hear the stories about such an increase in power though. Bring on the weekend!
    Hmm if such is the case. Expectations are always high.
    If this upgrade proves fruitful then our development path will be spot on.

Hmm if such is the case. Expectations are always high.
    If this upgrade proves fruitful then our development path will be spot on.
    The FIA has stepped up its clampdown on Formula 1 teams potentially trying to get a power boost by using oil as fuel ahead of the Azerbaijan Grand Prix.

A fresh directive has been issued to teams after a season-long focus on oil burn initially prompted by Red Bull suspecting rivals had found a way around the regulations.

It is understood the latest move has come unprompted from the FIA because it wants to ensure all teams are operating within the regulations.

When the issue first came to light the FIA upped its monitoring of oil usage and its chemical composition to ensure that no wrongdoing was taking place.

However, with there being grounds to suspect that there could still be ways to get around the rules, the FIA has now stated explicitly that the use of chemicals in oil that could help improve combustion is not allowed.

In a note sent to teams from Marcin Budkowski, head of the F1 technical department, he is emphatic about what is and is not allowed.

Budkowski wrote: "We wish to remind you that, as previously stated in various meetings and re-emphasised in TD/004-17, we consider the use of oil as fuel to be prohibited by the Technical Regulations.

"For the avoidance of doubt, the only fuel that may be used for combustion is petrol, and the only permitted characteristics of that petrol are clearly set out in Article 19 of the technical regulations.

"Even though the technical regulations do not directly specify the permitted characteristics of engine oil used in F1, we would consider any attempt to use additional components or substances in oil for the purpose of enhancing combustion as a breach of the technical regulations."

Earlier this year, the F1 Commission approved a three-point plan for 2018 in a bid to stop teams from exploiting the area of oil burn.

Rule changes planned for next year include a new regulation that teams must supply the measurement of the oil level of its main tank to the FIA at all times of the event, that active control valves between the power unit and engine air intake be banned and that teams be limited to a single specification of oil per engine at a grand prix.

this could be the end of Merc Q3 boost

It'll be interesting to see if this does have an impact on Mercedes, which will be easily observed based on the level of improvement between Q2 and Q3. If it continues to be as large as it has, then maybe we've been unfair on merc? If it comes down, then we know why... will be interesting to watch unfold. What a weekend we've got comin'

It was a double anchor within the injector that was rumoured, not a double injector. In theory it would make the quantity injected more precise. But Ferrari have a problem if the story is true because it means info is leaking from the factory.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Do we have anything on tokens yet ?

There are no tokens this year

Quote Originally Posted by springfield View Post
    There are no tokens this year
    I meant has it been confirmed by the fia that this engine is an evolved one ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    I meant has it been confirmed by the fia that this engine is an evolved one ?
    It's an open development season.

I think double injector is for the race too. It gives better fuel economy, so you carry less fuel for the whole race.
    The double injector is to make the fuel burn more efficient, its getting it closer to the way diesel burn in the cylinder.
    Petrol just explodes in one big explosion, but leaves some un-burnt fuel in the cylinder, but diesel just burns as it comes out the injector, so it burns almost all fuel, so more power.
    I think with duel injectors, they want to get closer to that, so they can use less fuel and get more power.
    At least, that is what I think. Does anyone have anything else to add or correct me?

Quote Originally Posted by mardyrt View Post
    I think double injector is for the race too. It gives better fuel economy, so you carry less fuel for the whole race.
    The double injector is to make the fuel burn more efficient, its getting it closer to the way diesel burn in the cylinder.
    Petrol just explodes in one big explosion, but leaves some un-burnt fuel in the cylinder, but diesel just burns as it comes out the injector, so it burns almost all fuel, so more power.
    I think with duel injectors, they want to get closer to that, so they can use less fuel and get more power.
    At least, that is what I think. Does anyone have anything else to add or correct me?
    Hope you r right.

It's not a double injector. The rules limit each cylinder to just one injector. And it was just a rumour. We're still waiting on the "rocket red" upgrade pack from a few years back. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosso Corsa View Post
    It's not a double injector. The rules limit each cylinder to just one injector. And it was just a rumour. We're still waiting on the "rocket red" upgrade pack from a few years back. Get over it.
    Yes, I know that its not a double injector, but single injector which is made more precise and able to inject twice or a controlled injection. They call is a dual injector I think in the article, to explain it. Yes, its a rumor, but we can still talk about it no?

Could be used at any time, quali or race if needed... The boost button..
    President, Scuderia Ferrari Club of Denver - The Official Passion
    http://www.scuderiaferrari.club
    denver@scuderiaferrari.club

Next look for water injection.. Burning a little bit of the coolant during quali to get big HP gains..

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    The FIA has stepped up its clampdown on Formula 1 teams potentially trying to get a power boost by using oil as fuel ahead of the Azerbaijan Grand Prix.

A fresh directive has been issued to teams after a season-long focus on oil burn initially prompted by Red Bull suspecting rivals had found a way around the regulations.

It is understood the latest move has come unprompted from the FIA because it wants to ensure all teams are operating within the regulations.

When the issue first came to light the FIA upped its monitoring of oil usage and its chemical composition to ensure that no wrongdoing was taking place.

However, with there being grounds to suspect that there could still be ways to get around the rules, the FIA has now stated explicitly that the use of chemicals in oil that could help improve combustion is not allowed.

In a note sent to teams from Marcin Budkowski, head of the F1 technical department, he is emphatic about what is and is not allowed.

Budkowski wrote: "We wish to remind you that, as previously stated in various meetings and re-emphasised in TD/004-17, we consider the use of oil as fuel to be prohibited by the Technical Regulations.

"For the avoidance of doubt, the only fuel that may be used for combustion is petrol, and the only permitted characteristics of that petrol are clearly set out in Article 19 of the technical regulations.

"Even though the technical regulations do not directly specify the permitted characteristics of engine oil used in F1, we would consider any attempt to use additional components or substances in oil for the purpose of enhancing combustion as a breach of the technical regulations."

Earlier this year, the F1 Commission approved a three-point plan for 2018 in a bid to stop teams from exploiting the area of oil burn.

Rule changes planned for next year include a new regulation that teams must supply the measurement of the oil level of its main tank to the FIA at all times of the event, that active control valves between the power unit and engine air intake be banned and that teams be limited to a single specification of oil per engine at a grand prix.

this could be the end of Merc Q3 boost
    President, Scuderia Ferrari Club of Denver - The Official Passion
    http://www.scuderiaferrari.club
    denver@scuderiaferrari.club

Are we already running the new ICE or that will be tomorrow FP3 ?

Quote Originally Posted by mardyrt View Post
    Also, we will be able to reduce the boost pressure which will help in improving reliability and will also help us to reduce the size and weight of the cylinder block (less pressure = lesser wall thickness between the cylinder and the outer part of the cylinder block) which means laptime improvement this doesn't stop there, since the size is now reduced it means compact engine and improvements in center of gravity for the engine also this helps us to pack the components much closer, which means tighter aero package, reduction in drag and so many other benefits..........

Forgot an another thing to mention because of the lower boost pressure we don't have to carry as much compressed air as we did before, which also is weight savings coz when more air is compressed into a compartment it gains weight which adds to weight of the car and also the turbo doesn't have to work as hard as it does now.... So that we will be able to change the design of turbo and save some weight savings there too...
    Last edited by Zerocool; 23rd June 2017 at 16:58.
    FERRARI FOREVER...!!!