Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF70H

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    2017 F1: Red Bull says loss of oil 'trick' hurt Ferrari

Speculation is increasing that a technical controversy is behind Ferrari's sudden dip in form.

The Italian team was riding a wave of form this year until the last two races in Canada and Baku.

One suggestion is that an FIA clampdown about the adding of oil to fuel was specifically targeted against Ferrari.

"There is someone who is now with the silver team that came from the red team and knew what to look for," Red Bull team boss is quoted by Osterreich newspaper.

The implication is that Mercedes raised the alarm about the 'trick' Ferrari system.

However, Dr Helmut Marko thinks Sebastian Vettel is still the 2017 title favourite.

"Even though Ferrari apparently lost some engine power due to the oil in the fuel story, Sebastian is the strongest in the races," the Red Bull official told Kronen Zeitung.

http://paddocktalk.com/news/html/story-314898.html
    is this a fact?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by fmatiasii View Post
    is this a fact?
    seems that way....I think (my opinion) both MB and Ferrari were doin it. Still makes it an even playing field.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Because Ferrari don't speak to the media about what they are doing....
    Which is good.
    Now we are not a team saying publicly that we have gained 1sec .5ths, we need that, we need this bla bla.....

Everything should be shown on track.

is this a fact?
    Looks like have to wait until next GP to have better picture of the deficit. The gap was there during Baku GP qualifying, but not during race day.

Silverstone tyre choices, the difference between mercs and ferrari and other team choices... hmmm have mercs had any advantage of testing or track degradation info in Silverstone? why have they gone much harder??

Vettel did some crazy laps during Hamilton pit-stop. I thought Lewis would overtake Vettel really easy after pit stop but the pace was there, even though last engine has 4,000+ mileage..

I hope Ferrari keep strong with in-season development..

They saying Austria is a power circuit so cars with Merc engines should have an advantage over the competition

They saying Austria is a power circuit so cars with Merc engines should have an advantage over the competition
    They are also saying that it might rain throughout the whole GP.....FP, Quali, and Race day.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    They are also saying that it might rain throughout the whole GP.....FP, Quali, and Race day.
    O noez! Max will take out both ferrari's X'(

O noez! Max will take out both ferrari's X'(
    I honestly dont think so, I think he will be in true form (in the rain) IF his engine does'nt "konk" out on him again.

I think we will have the upper hand if it rains

Nope guys there will be just isolated storms, I live 100 km from the track and I know the climate there. Most likely is that the storms will not hit the track.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Nope guys there will be just isolated storms, I live 100 km from the track and I know the climate there. Most likely is that the storms will not hit the track.
    I would like if it's dry, just to know if the burning oil trick was us

I really hoped it was Mercedes, and that the oil burning was what was giving them half a second over Ferrari, It really sucks If its true and Ferrari were the ones benefiting the most

Normally, an F1 car burns 3 to 5ltrs of oil given the race track. Thats a given. There is a line in this report saying that Renault believes its the chemicals in the oil

(additive/additives) that gives WHOMEVER that added boost; I say its both Ferrari and Mercedes. How Mercedes is able to find that 1.5 or .5 sec's in quali is beyond me to get P1

in both their cars....but it's definitely an advantage. Since the FIA have put a clampdown on the issue (How????? with a letter??), it should make it an even playing field going

forward.

Normally, an F1 car burns 3 to 5ltrs of oil given the race track. Thats a given. There is a line in this report saying that Renault believes its the chemicals in the oil

(additive/additives) that gives WHOMEVER that added boost; I say its both Ferrari and Mercedes. How Mercedes is able to find that 1.5 or .5 sec's in quali is beyond me to get P1

in both their cars....but it's definitely an advantage. Since the FIA have put a clampdown on the issue (How????? with a letter??), it should make it an even playing field going

forward.
    Do you think its possible that the additives Mercs use is undetectable at the moment? and the ones Ferrari used was

Do you think its possible that the additives Mercs use is undetectable at the moment? and the ones Ferrari used was
    This is just my opinion but its just a letter (FIA). The FIA do not have the technical know how to break down the oil on a molecular level. Plus said oil companies can call the

additives in the oil (detergents, scrubbers, etc or WHATEVER) as the FIA have no way of knowing what the additive/additives do. They (FIA) know about fuel and how to break it

down on a molecular level, but not oil.....its a loophole in the system; and I like it when someone finds that loophole and exploits it and uses it to their benefit; its called innovation

in this particular case. Just like the "FRIC" suspension system that RB and MB have been using for over 2yrs until the start of 2017.

This is just my opinion but its just a letter (FIA). The FIA do not have the technical know how to break down the oil on a molecular level. Plus said oil companies can call the

additives in the oil (detergents, scrubbers, etc or WHATEVER) as the FIA have no way of knowing what the additive/additives do. They (FIA) know about fuel and how to break it

down on a molecular level, but not oil.....its a loophole in the system; and I like it when someone finds that loophole and exploits it and uses it to their benefit; its called innovation

in this particular case. Just like the "FRIC" suspension system that RB and MB have been using for over 2yrs until the start of 2017.
    lol i hope Ferrari somehow finds these "innovations" then and never gets caught

https://www.f1technical.net/news/21291

Ferrari power unit and rear wing let them down? they need to upgrade the PU asap to get anywhere close to mercs at Quali

lol i hope Ferrari somehow finds these "innovations" then and never gets caught

https://www.f1technical.net/news/21291

Ferrari power unit and rear wing let them down? they need to upgrade the PU asap to get anywhere close to mercs at Quali
    No worries, coming circuits we can take them. Untill n unless bottas n max doesn't take our Ferrari car out of the race in 1st lap.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    No worries, coming circuits we can take them. Untill n unless bottas n max doesn't take our Ferrari car out of the race in 1st lap.
    Hope so

I hear Silverstone and Austria are very much power circuits which benefit merc engine cars though because there Engine is the best at the moment and very reliable

Hope so

I hear Silverstone and Austria are very much power circuits which benefit merc engine cars though because there Engine is the best at the moment and very reliable
    There is a new engine coming for Silverstone... heard its a good step forward. Hopefully it will be a good race!

Quote Originally Posted by jragona View Post
    There is a new engine coming for Silverstone... heard its a good step forward. Hopefully it will be a good race!
    Yeah. Let's hope vet to maintain his lead or extend till next race.
    Expecting good & trouble free weekend straight out of the box for Ferrari.

Well, let him warn. we will show him middle finger when title is won by Vettel n WCC to Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Well, let him warn. we will show him middle finger when title is won by Vettel n WCC to Ferrari.

Kimi!! time to find a four leaf clover
    and Italy to supply these guys with that Raw Powa!

blah blah blah blah blah blah, that's where toto is good at. Then we will see his fist banging the table again.
    Forza Ferrari

blah blah blah blah blah blah, that's where toto is good at. Then we will see his fist banging the table again.
    I would love to see that at Austria or Silverstone, hopefully he tosses the whole table this time If Seb and Kimi get it together

I think that he has been very good at leading the Mercedes team, too - well, at least that is what the results of recent years show IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    I think that he has been very good at leading the Mercedes team, too - well, at least that is what the results of recent years show IMHO.
    On the other hand, to be honest, it is not so hard to lead best technical team, with huge advantage over competition....