Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF70H

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    hope Eddie Jordan was right about Mercedes leaving in the fuure, no team can match there car development and brain team.
    after Monaco Ferrari has become a clear no.2 car
    Man, I donno in what sense you made that statement.
    Mercedes r successful only becoz it's hybrid era.
    They are well expertise in that area, as they have equivalent technology to explore n gain performance on these engines.
    On the other hand other manufacturers are trying to adapt to this technology. It's consuming time for them.
    The system or architecture which mercs follow is different to other teams they are well advanced.

hope Eddie Jordan was right about Mercedes leaving in the fuure, no team can match there car development and brain team.
    I do not think Ferrari is the No.2 car. We have a the best chassis on the grid. I think we are on the same level as red bull or better.
    We have good aero. The only way Mercedes is faster because of their hybrid engine, which they had 4 year head start! Then, they tyre tested with a current car in 2012 or 2013!!! FIA?? Why no penalty???? They just turned a blind eye to it! Slap on the wrist!
    I would like to know, with their "Brain" team, they could not build a good chassis! They got Aldo Costa and others, and still cannot build a better chassis than Ferrari!
    As you saw with Antony Davidson's comparison of Mercedes car and Ferrari, we had better balance and better traction off the corners and in the corners. So we have a better chassis, but the engine is not good enough yet. But we will see with the engine update, if its true like the articles say, we can save fuel, then, when/if can carry 1kg less the whole race, our car becomes faster. So, we will see!

Eddie Jordan has lost all credibility with me currently with some of his statements. His past is another story.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...ne-929019/?s=1

Force India to bring biggest update of season to Silverstone

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...ne-929019/?s=1

Force India to bring biggest update of season to Silverstone
    ..........who cares about force india.....it's still a midfield team

1 lap down.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    ..........who cares about force india.....it's still a midfield team
    I think you have to give them credit for what they manage to achieve on such a limited budget.

Did ferrari take the SF70H to that london event? or is it a previous car?

Did ferrari take the SF70H to that london event? or is it a previous car?
    Previous car (2016).

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Previous car (2016).
    thanks!, i saw pictures of the Pink Force India's so i was a bit confused

thanks!, i saw pictures of the Pink Force India's so i was a bit confused
    They all probably use current livery on their old cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well that #2 car almost passed Bottas on the last lap, given another lap, would have had him, handily. Hmmm..
    President, Scuderia Ferrari Club of Denver - The Official Passion
    http://www.scuderiaferrari.club
    denver@scuderiaferrari.club

Jock Clear and I discussed the very same thing last year at the USGP, Merc had a 4 year head start..

Quote Originally Posted by mardyrt View Post
    I do not think Ferrari is the No.2 car. We have a the best chassis on the grid. I think we are on the same level as red bull or better.
    We have good aero. The only way Mercedes is faster because of their hybrid engine, which they had 4 year head start! Then, they tyre tested with a current car in 2012 or 2013!!! FIA?? Why no penalty???? They just turned a blind eye to it! Slap on the wrist!
    I would like to know, with their "Brain" team, they could not build a good chassis! They got Aldo Costa and others, and still cannot build a better chassis than Ferrari!
    As you saw with Antony Davidson's comparison of Mercedes car and Ferrari, we had better balance and better traction off the corners and in the corners. So we have a better chassis, but the engine is not good enough yet. But we will see with the engine update, if its true like the articles say, we can save fuel, then, when/if can carry 1kg less the whole race, our car becomes faster. So, we will see!
    President, Scuderia Ferrari Club of Denver - The Official Passion
    http://www.scuderiaferrari.club
    denver@scuderiaferrari.club

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Previous car (2016).
    It's the 2015 going by the commentators

I would like to know, with their "Brain" team, they could not build a good chassis! They got Aldo Costa and others
    And JA,would like to know why the main brain Ross Brawn and Nico left.

Ferrari & Mercedes technical look at Austrian upgrades

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/t...ia-929647/?s=1

"
    Mercedes introduced its 'cape' solution in Spain and has already committed to optimising the surface with a change made in Austria.

The imposing surface that runs almost the entire length of the nose is unlike anything we've ever seen on the grid before and so it's of no surprise that there are still gains to be made from adjusting its shape.

A small slot and upturn can now be found toward the end of the cape, altering the shape, velocity and direction of airflow passing around it.
    "

Ferrari & Mercedes technical look at Austrian upgrades

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/t...ia-929647/?s=1
    Any news on our updates?

"
    Mercedes introduced its 'cape' solution in Spain and has already committed to optimising the surface with a change made in Austria.

The imposing surface that runs almost the entire length of the nose is unlike anything we've ever seen on the grid before and so it's of no surprise that there are still gains to be made from adjusting its shape.

A small slot and upturn can now be found toward the end of the cape, altering the shape, velocity and direction of airflow passing around it.
    "

Any news on our updates?

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    Any news on our updates?
    The rumoured engine for ferrari is supposedly brought to give about 10hp more in Quali sessions. People are saying its also to address the oil burning drama.
    Mercs are also bringing an engine, they are bringing it to increase overall power in all areas since their second engine was just a reliability fix

The rumoured engine for ferrari is supposedly brought to give about 10hp more in Quali sessions. People are saying its also to address the oil burning drama.
    Mercs are also bringing an engine, they are bringing it to increase overall power in all areas since their second engine was just a reliability fix
    So they will have a more powerful engine aging

So they will have a more powerful engine aging
    They will always have a more powerful engine. RBR might be bringing new chassis too or new parts

They will always have a more powerful engine. RBR might be bringing new chassis too or new parts
    Gazzetta, like Motorsport.it, insists today that the engine upgrade is worth 50 hp, I wonder is this true

Gazzetta, like Motorsport.it, insists today that the engine upgrade is worth 50 hp, I wonder is this true
    lol i doubt it, i remember one of the translations, saying that the 50hp increase they mentioned is compared to last years engine or something like that

What oil burning drama? I thought the fact we were less than one tenth behind merc last week proved the whole oil burning rumour was a load of rubbish perpetuated by the media. The reason we were so far back in Baku is because Seb was on the spec 1 engine down on power. Kimi is not the yardstick to measure qualy performance, if seb had the spec 2 engine from last week he'd have been a lot closer to the mercs in baku.

Quote Originally Posted by ss-89 View Post
    What oil burning drama? I thought the fact we were less than one tenth behind merc last week proved the whole oil burning rumour was a load of rubbish perpetuated by the media. The reason we were so far back in Baku is because Seb was on the spec 1 engine down on power. Kimi is not the yardstick to measure qualy performance, if seb had the spec 2 engine from last week he'd have been a lot closer to the mercs in baku.
    you have a somewhat valid point here....but ALSO dont' forget taht the austrian track is VERY short...so if we DID lose some performance due to "oil burning" it would NOT show as big lap time loss due to short track.

we'll find out and the picture will become more clearer this weekend when we're ALSO gonna introduce a new and improved engine

hopefully we'll be as fast as the mercs, OR AHEAD.....that would be very encouraging...

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    you have a somewhat valid point here....but ALSO dont' forget taht the austrian track is VERY short...so if we DID lose some performance due to "oil burning" it would NOT show as big lap time loss due to short track.

we'll find out and the picture will become more clearer this weekend when we're ALSO gonna introduce a new and improved engine

hopefully we'll be as fast as the mercs, OR AHEAD.....that would be very encouraging...
    After watching qualifying I just realized bottas got a nice slipstream from parez during his pole lap in Q3. Otherwise think Seb would have been on pole.

Hamilton and Ricciardo confirmed that there are upgrades brought to Silverstone for their teams, Ricciardo says there is a big one in the near future, a high downforce upgrade. no word of any upgrades from ferrari guys yet... Not sure if Ferrari got any interviews today

Hamilton and Ricciardo confirmed that there are upgrades brought to Silverstone for their teams, Ricciardo says there is a big one in the near future, a high downforce upgrade. no word of any upgrades from ferrari guys yet... Not sure if Ferrari got any interviews today
    These guys talk alot. Especially RB team.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    These guys talk alot. Especially RB team.
    lol hamilton actually brought up the fact that RBR have brought upgrades , said he wants a 3 team competition

lol hamilton actually brought up the fact that RBR have brought upgrades , said he wants a 3 team competition
    LOL....3 team competition...he should worry more about Bottas catching him in points.....let alone others from other teams

but i see why he wants another team up there to fight for wins also...so that they can take points off OUR guys...or should i say GUY....

Quote Originally Posted by GrndLkNatv View Post
    Jock Clear and I discussed the very same thing last year at the USGP, Merc had a 4 year head start..
    And the rest

Buses with hybrid drive for almost 40 years
    Mercedes-Benz and the Daimler Group can look back on the longest and most extensive experience worldwide with hybrid buses. Daimler-Benz AG, as it was known at the time, presented the first bus in the world with hybrid drive at the International Motor Show back in 1969.

An eleven-metre long Mercedes-Benz OE 302 was presented as an urban public transit bus. The direct current vehicle engine achieved continuous output of 115 kW (156 hp) and top performance of 150 kW (204 hp) at low speeds. The vehicle motor was supplied from five battery blocks in the underbody with 189 cells and a total operating voltage of 380 volts and a capacity of 91 kWh. This allowed for around 2.5 hours of operation on scheduled service routes. The battery weighed 3.5 t.

In addition, the bus had a four-cylinder diesel engine with 3.8 litres displacement and an output of 48 kW (65 hp). This unit, built in across the tail end, was switched on in the outskirts of the city and ran with a constant rpm to save on fuel. An electric brake was already being used to recover energy.
    FERRARI In F1 =
    has the prestige and passion for Motor Racing that is unrivaled