Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF70H

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    There are so e rumours from Maranello
    "Ferrari to introduce huge upgrade in 2nd part of the season which has been under work for a while"
    Shell to introduce new oil spec.
    Vet seems to be confident about the gains.
    yeah but rumours are just THAT, rumours.....
    i really hope this are NOT jsut wild rumours and Ferrari is REALLY working on a HUGE upgrade....cause, boy do we need it!!!! if we are to fight with Mercedes.

but i really hope that so called "huge" upgrade will work, because we, Fans we've been burned too many times in the past where so called huge upgrades did not work as planned and all they really were....were just downgrades per say...

i guess we're gonna have to sit tight and ONLY time will tell how the second part of the season will unveil...

let's hope that Ferrari and US fans will be the ones celebrating in Abu Dhabi....

Well i guess a PU update should be expected at Monza.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Well i guess a PU update should be expected at Monza.
    The only thing we can gain from PU update is Quali boost

Same story from Ferrari since 2014...engine is weak.

Guess is now that Sassi was sacked b/c his brilliant idea to extract more performance from engine this season was the oil burning trick. Once that was banned Ferrari were left with...nothing.

Kimi is the dummy now...turn his engine up to 11 and see what kind of performance it will get you. It if breaks, so what.

"Ferrari to introduce huge upgrade in 2nd part of the season which has been under work for a while"
    Can you give me the link? Thank you.

Seeing is believing!

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Can you give me the link? Thank you.
    That's from James Allen tweet. Interesting is that it has been deleted when wanted to post the link here.

We don't have pole position car, that's hurting alot in last couple of races.
    On other hand mercs found peak performance in both quali n race pace. They are able to take pole n form a gap in the 1st stint. Same old days stuff.

On other hand mercs found peak performance in both quali n race pace. They are able to take pole n form a gap in the 1st stint. Same old days stuff.
    But it's Kimi's fault he can't get pole! You are right on the money Nani.

So after 10 races we are 1 point in the lead.
    I hope so that we will be after 20 races 2 point in the lead.

This is the strnogest season after 2010, good result in hungary will be excelent before summer brake.

And then full comitment to the wcc and wdc
    Ferrari = 235 victories + 219 pole positions + 248 fastest laps = constructors championships 16

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    But it's Kimi's fault he can't get pole! You are right on the money Nani.
    Kimi ....even it's a good car. It needs to be his day n his liking then he will produce a pole lap. Else no where near pole.

Kimi ....even it's a good car. It needs to be his day n his liking then he will produce a pole lap. Else no where near pole.
    It needs to be Kimi's day, with Ferrari's liking, or else as you say no where near pole, he has to let Seb pass, even in a good car, team orders come first. He seems to be ok with it, a great teamate for sure !

I guess they able to run qualy engine mode in the race. That's why their pace almost consistent through the race even their tyre starting to fade.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Mai Dare Sulla Speranza, Forza Ferrari!!

I just hope we are not entering into a period of tire problems while Merc fixed theirs. Maybe some aero updates made the chassis heavier on the tires?

2018 - we go down to 3 units or component allocation allotment compared to the current 4 we are on.....food for thought.

So a brief synopsis of where the other teams are currently(07-20-17) or mid-way into the season.

1. Force India - 2's across the board (Mercedes)
    2. Williams - 2's or less across the board (Mercedes)
    3. Mercedes - 3 in the MGU-K (both cars) and 2's across the board
    4. Sauber - 3's or less across the board (Ferrari)

the rest have 4's or less. Ricci's car has 5 in the MGU-H.

Mclaren has 8's or less....pathetic!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    It needs to be Kimi's day, with Ferrari's liking, or else as you say no where near pole, he has to let Seb pass, even in a good car, team orders come first. He seems to be ok with it, a great teamate for sure !
    I don't think they initiate team orders during qualifying.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    2018 - we go down to 3 units or component allocation allotment compared to the current 4 we are on.....food for thought.

So a brief synopsis of where the other teams are currently(07-20-17) or mid-way into the season.

1. Force India - 2's across the board (Mercedes)
    2. Williams - 2's or less across the board (Mercedes)
    3. Mercedes - 3 in the MGU-K (both cars) and 2's across the board
    4. Sauber - 3's or less across the board (Ferrari)

the rest have 4's or less. Ricci's car has 5 in the MGU-H.

Mclaren has 8's or less....pathetic!
    so its not really saving much costs for the poorer teams, the rich teams got the best engines anyway

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    so its not really saving much costs for the poorer teams, the rich teams got the best engines anyway
    Sauber and FI are'nt "rich" when compared to MB and Ferrari.

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/124...-element-usage

if this is true kimi is still on his second ICE

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/124...-element-usage

if this is true kimi is still on his second ICE
    I am pretty sure SKY is wrong

Quote Originally Posted by nemanja View Post
    I am pretty sure SKY is wrong
    me too, on FIA's website it says 3 each

They both had exact same Spec 3 in Silverstone. Not strong enough unfortunately...

yes Jax.....it is correct....3 and not 2 on the ICE.

So 2021 they have to do the whole season on one (1) power unit? This is so damn stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    So 2021 they have to do the whole season on one (1) power unit? This is so damn stupid.

Yea, f1 is becoming ridiculous by the day. V6s , 1 engine soon , halo , heavier cars , ridiculous nose jobs ... you name it

So if your engine fails in the race you dnf and lose points and then have to take a grid penalty the next race so you take double penalty they will be some races where half the field takes penaltys what joke this sport is becoming

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    So if your engine fails in the race you dnf and lose points and then have to take a grid penalty the next race so you take double penalty they will be some races where half the field takes penaltys what joke this sport is becoming
    Ridiculous!!!!

Who on earth dreams up these ridiculous regs, it's supposed to be motor-racing, not how long a component will last before penalties are incurred, it defeats the object of the 'sport'. which should surely be won or lost on the track.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Yea, f1 is becoming ridiculous by the day. V6s , 1 engine soon , halo , heavier cars , ridiculous nose jobs ... you name it
    Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Ridiculous!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Who on earth dreams up these ridiculous regs, it's supposed to be motor-racing, not how long a component will last before penalties are incurred, it defeats the object of the 'sport'. which should surely be won or lost on the track.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Its not like the FIA "pops" these PU regs next day is it? The FIA informs the manufacturers and teams well in advance? It's kinda like a bet,

are you willing to put your money where your mouth is? If not, then get out and regroup you resources and come back to fight another day. Otherwise, take the bet (knowing

in advance the rules at play) and then deal with it. There is always someone at the table that is better than you and wins in the end.

This era(2014 - 2020) of Formula 1 with the V-6 T Hybrid (MGU-H and K) is not to my liking but I'm not the one taking the bet and putting up the money. Maybe in 2020 into

2021 they open free testing along with the new PU ( which for the most part looks to be a good formula).