Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF70H

We'll be on one set of tyres next

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rosso Corsa View Post
    We'll be on one set of tyres next
    Wasn't that the case in 2005? Hope that doesn't happen...

Quote Originally Posted by jragona View Post
    Unfortunately it was!

Quote Originally Posted by jragona View Post
    Yeah that ruined F1 in America and it's only now just recovering thanks to cota

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Its not like the FIA "pops" these PU regs next day is it? The FIA informs the manufacturers and teams well in advance? It's kinda like a bet,

are you willing to put your money where your mouth is? If not, then get out and regroup you resources and come back to fight another day. Otherwise, take the bet (knowing

in advance the rules at play) and then deal with it. There is always someone at the table that is better than you and wins in the end.

This era(2014 - 2020) of Formula 1 with the V-6 T Hybrid (MGU-H and K) is not to my liking but I'm not the one taking the bet and putting up the money. Maybe in 2020 into

2021 they open free testing along with the new PU ( which for the most part looks to be a good formula).

I think in this case it was a matter of ... accept these PU regs or we'll quit F1. I believe both Merc and Renault were pushing for small turbo engines. I think it was more Merc pushing for the complicated hybrid system. What were ferrari supposed to do, race themselves? At least they put their foot down and got us V6's instead of 4 cyls.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    I think in this case it was a matter of ... accept these PU regs or we'll quit F1. I believe both Merc and Renault were pushing for small turbo engines. I think it was more Merc pushing for the complicated hybrid system. What were ferrari supposed to do, race themselves? At least they put their foot down and got us V6's instead of 4 cyls.
    So if we take this into consideration, will Ferrari have their say at 2021 reg changes??? I highly doubt it as new manufacturers will be into F1. So who has the majority vote FIA will go with that.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    So if we take this into consideration, will Ferrari have their say at 2021 reg changes??? I highly doubt it as new manufacturers will be into F1. So who has the majority vote FIA will go with that.
    Ya exactly the point. If your vote is outnumbered then you have no choice but to accept what is agreed upon. Hopefully the majority decide on a return to small V8's with Kers rather than this hybrid monster.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    So if your engine fails in the race you dnf and lose points and then have to take a grid penalty the next race so you take double penalty they will be some races where half the field takes penaltys what joke this sport is becoming
    We are going to need degrees in mathematics to figure out the grid. When every one has 5/10/15/20/25/30 grid spot penalties, all at different times in the weekend, we are screwed trying to figure out who starts where.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    We are going to need degrees in mathematics to figure out the grid. When every one has 5/10/15/20/25/30 grid spot penalties, all at different times in the weekend, we are screwed trying to figure out who starts where.

Disappointed Since 2010

Ya exactly the point. If your vote is outnumbered then you have no choice but to accept what is agreed upon. Hopefully the majority decide on a return to small V8's with Kers rather than this hybrid monster.
    Yes return to v8's is good one with kers tech.
    But currently tech is hybrid. So I think they will not change these engines.

Yes return to v8's is good one with kers tech.
    But currently tech is hybrid. So I think they will not change these engines.
    Make another thread, this has nothing to do with sf70h

Any news regarding upgrades for Hungaroring?

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Yes stefa

2 seconds on the engine side
    1 on the chassis side
    1 on the aero side

for a total of 4

Damn i just woke up, bad dream

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Yes stefa

1 on the chassis side
    1 on the aero side

for a total of 4

If such is the case, then FIA would hand over the WCC n WDC crown without competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Yes stefa

1 on the chassis side
    1 on the aero side

for a total of 4

We need something to answer to Mercedes, and to answer it hard with the fist straight into their face! Booom! 1-2 next Sunday!!!!
    |I am going there. I need, and Ferrari needs to win!!!

I'm optimistic for Hungaroring considering it's a similar setup like Monaco. However, obviously Merc has fixed all of their issues and their car is seemingly flawless now, so it's going to be far from easy and we desperately need a win there.

As for a PU upgrade, i'm hoping for a massive one in Monza.
    Last edited by Stormy; 23rd July 2017 at 15:35.

We need something to answer to Mercedes, and to answer it hard with the fist straight into their face! Booom! 1-2 next Sunday!!!!
    We all need what you need, stefa, have a great weekend and we'll be right with you.

Exactly...!!!!
    FERRARI FOREVER...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I'm hoping for such a huge update which would last ever after i.e. untill the end of the world
    FERRARI FOREVER...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I'm optimistic for Hungaroring considering it's a similar setup like Monaco. However, obviously Merc has fixed all of their issues and their car is seemingly flawless now, so it's going to be far from easy and we desperately need a win there.

There's nothing planned of upgrade anytime sooner.
    Ferrari introduced engine upgrade in Silverstone. That's it.

There's nothing planned of upgrade anytime sooner.
    Ferrari introduced engine upgrade in Silverstone. That's it.
    yup, nothing before Monza probably

I don't think they initiate team orders during qualifying.
    If at the very end of quali, it's eithr Seb or Kimi, I think Kimi has to sneeze!

Hey guys, this is not really part of this thread, I just wanted to say, after reading about Charles LeClerk, I was thinking about Jules Bianchi.
    I really miss him, he was such a good guy and I hope LeClerk will carry on the Jules Bianchi spirit for us in Ferrari.
    I dont know why, but I just cannot forget him. Just wanted to say it here.

This year has been no exception, with one of the recent areas of intrigue surrounding Ferrari's slot in the floor – which had been spotted flapping earlier this year.

It was suggested that the design was intended to help feed air into the diffuser, thereby increasing downforce without the downside of drag.

For the Azerbaijan Grand Prix, Ferrari was forced to make modifications to strengthen this area of the car – with a new metal attachment preventing it flexing.

One of the consequences of this move was seen at Silverstone, a circuit with high-speed corners, where Ferrari had to run with a monkey seat and a higher angle of attack on its wings to recover downforce that may have lost from its diffuser. This resulted in it struggling to match the straightline speeds of the Mercedes.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/r...ls-934070/?s=1
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

It was suggested that the design was intended to help feed air into the diffuser, thereby increasing downforce without the downside of drag.

For the Azerbaijan Grand Prix, Ferrari was forced to make modifications to strengthen this area of the car – with a new metal attachment preventing it flexing.

One of the consequences of this move was seen at Silverstone, a circuit with high-speed corners, where Ferrari had to run with a monkey seat and a higher angle of attack on its wings to recover downforce that may have lost from its diffuser. This resulted in it struggling to match the straightline speeds of the Mercedes.
    That would explain Ferrari's tyre situation....hence making the race a 3 stop while almost everyone else made it a two stop.

That would explain Ferrari's tyre situation....hence making the race a 3 stop while almost everyone else made it a two stop.
    http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/324...es-and-Ferrari

Above article is really interesting, I think we'll work around it. Does sound like it was especially compounded at Silverstone but we could bounce back at the next race once we find methods to mitigate it.

Quote Originally Posted by ss-89 View Post
    http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/324...es-and-Ferrari

Above article is really interesting, I think we'll work around it. Does sound like it was especially compounded at Silverstone but we could bounce back at the next race once we find methods to mitigate it.
    I already knew about Mercedes hydraulic actuators suspension system which I think is a major factor but he mentions it. One thing the article fails to mention as a key

factor(he mentions 3) and will play in the season long term............reliability!!!

I already knew about Mercedes hydraulic actuators suspension system which I think is a major factor but he mentions it. One thing the article fails to mention as a key

factor(he mentions 3) and will play in the season long term............reliability!!!
    Is the suspension system used by mercs banned for next year???