Page 68 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1843545556575859606162636465666768697071727374757677787980818293 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,040 of 3405

Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF70H

Canada is usually a track everyone brings upgrades too, have we got some to put on the car??

Montreal is a power track so Mercedes should be strong there, but our car seems to be quick anywhere so I'm not really worrying.
    Plus tire allocation is US, SS and S.

Talking of upgrades, I hope they've upgraded the asphalt at the hairpin in Canada. A good chance these cars will tear it up again.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Talking about the next go in Canada, from BBC's Andrew Benson:

Mercedes will be heading their with trepidation. It is the same sort of low-grip, low-abrasion circuit as Sochi and Monaco, where Hamilton has struggled, and the teams will also be using the ultra-soft tyre, which Mercedes are struggling to make work effectively. On the face of it, Ferrari will head there as strong favourites for another win.

Looking forward to another Mercedes vs. Red Bull battle, maybe Felipe can get involved

Quote Originally Posted by jragona View Post
    Talking about the next go in Canada, from BBC's Andrew Benson:
    Also heavy braking points at Canada, Ferrari are good on the brakes

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    Also heavy braking points at Canada, Ferrari are good on the brakes
    Track temp too plays a major role.
    If it's cooler or too hot conditions mercs will struggle.
    On the other side wtever the conditions be there Ferrari can get their tyre into that working range. So it doesn't matter for Ferrari.

Vettel and Hamilton are very good in Canada because of their special driving style, Hamilton is very late on the brakes and will then quicly manouever the car into corner and go on the throttle, which is a major advantage if you can do it in Montreal. Vettel with this years downforce is very confident, and will brake a little bit sonner in the corners (then Hamilton), will then hit the apex and will then in the second part of the corner go hard on the throttle. He manage to perfect this style perfectly with Red Bull EBD years, 2011-2013. With this style you will gain a lot of time in slow corners, thats why I expect a total domination of Hamilton, Vettel comparing to their team mates. So its most likely the fight for the win will be between Seb, Hamilton.We will also see if the Mercedes will again struggle with the US tyre compound, we shouldnt worry really, our car works in most of the conditions. We could also see a rainy Canadian GP, maybe then I expect Riccardo, Verstappen to be in the mix for a battle for the win. Everything is possible of course in F1. Cheers guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Vettel and Hamilton are very good in Canada because of their special driving style, Hamilton is very late on the brakes and will then quicly manouever the car into corner and go on the throttle, which is a major advantage if you can do it in Montreal. Vettel with this years downforce is very confident, and will brake a little bit sonner in the corners (then Hamilton), will then hit the apex and will then in the second part of the corner go hard on the throttle. He manage to perfect this style perfectly with Red Bull EBD years, 2011-2013. With this style you will gain a lot of time in slow corners, thats why I expect a total domination of Hamilton, Vettel comparing to their team mates. So its most likely the fight for the win will be between Seb, Hamilton.We will also see if the Mercedes will again struggle with the US tyre compound, we shouldnt worry really, our car works in most of the conditions. We could also see a rainy Canadian GP, maybe then I expect Riccardo, Verstappen to be in the mix for a battle for the win. Everything is possible of course in F1. Cheers guys.
    And then kimi breaks the lap record .

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    And then kimi breaks the lap record .
    I would love that of course, and a another 1-2 for Ferrari. But even now after 6 races, we should take a race after race, and keep our feet still on the ground. Like Vettel said now its not the time to look after the WDC standing, yes Seb is leading by 25 points, so already 1 race ahead. When we will reach the summer break then I will look at the table... :)

Quote Originally Posted by Michal2_F1 View Post
    Looking forward to another Mercedes vs. Red Bull battle, maybe Felipe can get involved
    Felipe finishing in the top 10 in a bomb of a car shows he is involved. Any driver after the top 10 should get unenvolved like Alonso did. Ex. Bottas needed binoculars to see the podium this race! He drives a Merc!!

I would love that of course, and a another 1-2 for Ferrari. But even now after 6 races, we should take a race after race, and keep our feet still on the ground. Like Vettel said now its not the time to look after the WDC standing, yes Seb is leading by 25 points, so already 1 race ahead. When we will reach the summer break then I will look at the table... :)
    It's comforting to look back and think , hey sebastian could have won all 6 races :)

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    It's comforting to look back and think , hey sebastian could have won all 6 races :)
    Maybe he will win the next six races.
    Take a look at the second half of 2013 championship.

Even then should be cautious. Remember 2010?

any news on an engine update considering Canada is a power track?

Quote Originally Posted by MJ View Post
    any news on an engine update considering Canada is a power track?
    I think so. Not sure though. I thought manufacturers are always bringing some PU upgrades for Canada. When you take into consideration that this year we have a huge development race, i guess Ferrari will bring a new PU upgrade indeed.

We brought a PU upgrade in Barza in response to Merc Upgrade if I'm no mistaken

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

Quote Originally Posted by Aberracus View Post
    We brought a PU upgrade in Barza in response to Merc Upgrade if I'm no mistaken

I think that was a minor PU upgrade. Merc brought a minor PU upgrade there as well. So only a minor response, really. Both Ferrari and Merc focused on heavy aero upgrades. Merc heavier though, they were/are desperate I think in Canada Merc may bring a bigger PU upgrade and if that's the case Ferrari won't be sitting idle as well. I know Renault are bringing their new upgraded PU version for Canada though, last spark of hope for RB this season.

Renault has already said no mayor upgrade in Canada only minor upgrade (software)
    We brought another PU !
    That's a mayor upgrade, the same for merc, remember seb had problems with new ICE we had to change it for the third one, botas too had problems with the second one and have to revert back to first PU and it broke on the race ?

Go Ferrari, beat them all!

Quote Originally Posted by Aberracus View Post
    Renault has already said no mayor upgrade in Canada only minor upgrade (software)
    We brought another PU !
    That's a mayor upgrade, the same for merc, remember seb had problems with new ICE we had to change it for the third one, botas too had problems with the second one and have to revert back to first PU and it broke on the race ?

Hmm, yeah, it looks like I have missed that both us and Merc brought a new PU. I thought the upgrades were mainly based on aero.

I thought Ferrari was going to introduce the twin injection system in Canada. At least that was the rumor in the beginning of the year. It will help them to save fuel and add a lot more power. I have not heard anything about it lately. Does anyone remember or have any news about that?

Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by fmatiasii View Post
    Since the Bahrain GP 2017(background), both cars have made significant upgrades in the aero dept....more so the W08 in the bargeboard area hence they are'nt "cooking" their tyres and

look so far to have remedied that problem.

The oil issue is talked about but since this video came out, for 2018, all teams will get one specific oil governed by the FIA as opposed to their brand of oil (Mercs Petronas with their oil-fuel

burning additives to increase boost when needed).

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post

The oil issue is talked about but since this video came out, for 2018, all teams will get one specific oil governed by the FIA as opposed to their brand of oil (Mercs Petronas with their oil-fuel burning additives to increase boost when needed).

I'm pretty sure they can still use their own partner oil (shell, petronas etc.) From what I read the rule change is as follows:
    "Teams will be limited to a single oil specification per engine at a given grand prix – which must be declared before the event gets underway.

This will prevent the possibility of teams using a qualifying oil specification for extra power, and switching to a more durable type for the race."
    Murray - "...and there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!"

James - "Well, that should put them out then"

canada another cold track.
    With US tyres on should give slight advanatage to us. Unless mercs sorts out its set-up issues.
    I some how feel, lewis will struggle again (this season on US tyres he struggled). Race will be against bottas, he somehow finds that quali set-up with these US tyres.

https://thejudge13.com/2017/05/30/pi...s-for-ferrari/
    Bloody hell rumours.
    Why these rumours circulate when ferrari wins it. Why don't they spread it when mercs are dominating or RB etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony79 View Post
    I'm pretty sure they can still use their own partner oil (shell, petronas etc.) From what I read the rule change is as follows:
    "Teams will be limited to a single oil specification per engine at a given grand prix – which must be declared before the event gets underway.

This will prevent the possibility of teams using a qualifying oil specification for extra power, and switching to a more durable type for the race."
    there ya go! "Teams will be limited to a single oil spec.".......this will be determined by the FIA as in everyone will use the sanctioned oil.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    https://thejudge13.com/2017/05/30/pi...s-for-ferrari/
    Bloody hell rumours.
    Why these rumours circulate when ferrari wins it. Why don't they spread it when mercs are dominating or RB etc.
    Don't worry about rumours. Remember a few years back when Pirelli changed tyres after Silverstone failure and suddenly Mercedes was fast again? There are always rumours around fastest car having priority treatment. Just be happy it's rumours about us this year

Quote Originally Posted by springfield View Post
    Don't worry about rumours. Remember a few years back when Pirelli changed tyres after Silverstone failure and suddenly Mercedes was fast again? There are always rumours around fastest car having priority treatment. Just be happy it's rumours about us this year
    Who really cares about a heck's personal website... let them vent their frustrations as much as they want.