Page 74 of 114 FirstFirst ... 2449606162636465666768697071727374757677787980818283848586878899 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,220 of 3405

Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF70H

Both Mercedes and Torro Rosso appear to have reconsidered their front suspension idea as the top wishbone now connects directly to the wheel hub on both instead of above it connected to the little arm that extended off it.

I think it's interesting that this idea got much coverage pre-season as more evidence of Mercedes superior and innovative design philosophy... ultimately to be ditched like 6 races in. LOL

Any news if the upgrades/new parts worked?

Not true, Motorsport modified the article, old turbos remain as homologated

probably repaired not upgraded

we need some good updates if we are going to fight Merc, witch is the fastest car imo

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    we need some good updates if we are going to fight Merc, witch is the fastest car imo
    For now I think they are equal in terms of raw pace with Ferrari having a small edge in high downforce tracks and Mercedes in low downforce circuits. This race masked the real pace of the Ferrari. Like Sebastian said after he lost to Alonso in Singapur 2010, "dont you worry guys we will get them next time". I think next race Vettel will be extra motivated to bounce back. Hope also for Kimi that he will be strong.

Damage Vettel's car (side)

60 laps!

vettel car.jpg

Impressive, Vettel able to climb back with that damage only left kimi In worst light.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

Quote Originally Posted by HumbertoCorradi View Post
    Damage Vettel's car (side)

60 laps!
    So the car handles well and is quick even when those parts are missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    So the car handles well and is quick even when those parts are missing.
    lolol....so we should take them off on both sides to save some weight....ha, ha...
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

- 0,3 / lap

That is impressive!! Don't see Hamilton doing as well.

Bloody Max!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    For now I think they are equal in terms of raw pace with Ferrari having a small edge in high downforce tracks and Mercedes in low downforce circuits. This race masked the real pace of the Ferrari. Like Sebastian said after he lost to Alonso in Singapur 2010, "dont you worry guys we will get them next time". I think next race Vettel will be extra motivated to bounce back. Hope also for Kimi that he will be strong.
    Seb will definitely be pumped up for the next race. He would probably want to race already this weekend if he could.
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI

whatever happened to the genius fuel injection system Ferrari talked about at the beginnign of the season....i thought it was in the works and will be brought later in the year.....well it's almost near half the season and have NOT heard anything anymore.....or was it JUST a wild rumour again????
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Scuderia Ferrari SF70H

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    whatever happened to the genius fuel injection system Ferrari talked about at the beginnign of the season....i thought it was in the works and will be brought later in the year.....well it's almost near half the season and have NOT heard anything anymore.....or was it JUST a wild rumour again????
    Our PU is already on Par with mercedes one.

I was reading the quotes form force India guys, and they said that Ricciardo Red Bull had superb traction exiting the corners, underpowered or not, in detriment of speed. I would assume Mad max had that too, and that's why he is being launched to the front in every race start.

Go Ferrari, beat them all!

When that article broke out (March 6) it stated that the "DI system could be introduced later on in 2017."

Quote Originally Posted by Aberracus View Post
    Our PU is already on Par with mercedes one.

I was reading the quotes form force India guys, and they said that Ricciardo Red Bull had superb traction exiting the corners, underpowered or not, in detriment of speed. I would assume Mad max had that too, and that's why he is being launched to the front in every race start.

and you know this HOW??? have you seen dyno #'s of both power units on bench tests??? until then you and anyone else is just speculating.
    i don't doubt that our engine is WAY better then in 2016, but i still think the Mercedes has the upper hand (not by much), and that is why they can EEK out a bit more power in Quali using that "oil burning" trick....adn maybe they can use that trick during the race too but ONLY for short bursts

i cannot wait until Ferrari will introduce the Direct Injection thing and hopefully will give us a bit of boost and more HORSEIES.....ha, ha...

and you know this HOW??? have you seen dyno #'s of both power units on bench tests??? until then you and anyone else is just speculating.
    i don't doubt that our engine is WAY better then in 2016, but i still think the Mercedes has the upper hand (not by much), and that is why they can EEK out a bit more power in Quali using that "oil burning" trick....adn maybe they can use that trick during the race too but ONLY for short bursts

i cannot wait until Ferrari will introduce the Direct Injection thing and hopefully will give us a bit of boost and more HORSEIES.....ha, ha...
    Just need to read motorsport.com!
    Article on PU's at way back on April 28, 2017 - "FIA analysis shows Mercedes, Ferrari and Renault within 0.3s"
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Just a guess, but they may be targeting Spa or Monza for this upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by jragona View Post
    Just a guess, but they may be targeting Spa or Monza for this upgrade.
    Too bad we don't have it now considering Baku is sort of a power circuit. I think we will find out how capable our PU is next race in Baku. Another very difficult race.

Don't you guys find it funny that this year we are not hearing much on the engine side ? what is ferrari doing ? are they introducing new parts with each cycle ?

so is it fair to say Mercs will be favourites in Baku?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    I think it is

so wins in Aus (somewhat a street circuit), Monaco obviously very specific and Bahrain. I don't exactly remember the track temps there but pretty hot usually. But the Bahrain track layout is fairly 'normal' I would say.

I think so, especially since there new upgrades 0.3~0.4 ahead

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    I think so, especially since there new upgrades 0.3~0.4 ahead
    I missed Canada tbh. One thing that concerns me at this point is Merc have dominated so far in terms of poles. Some say poles are not that important but I have always disagreed with that. Even Seb said in an interview not long ago you always want to start from P1 seems so obvious to me.

I missed Canada tbh. One thing that concerns me at this point is Merc have dominated so far in terms of poles. Some say poles are not that important but I have always disagreed with that. Even Seb said in an interview not long ago you always want to start from P1 seems so obvious to me.
    especially with these wide cars and them always whining about following behind cars this year, pole and starts are extremely important, mercs are far away no.1 on straights where most passing is done so i really hope Ferrari turn up with more Horses at Baku , did you catch the Qualy or highlights yet?

Tech analysis: Ferrari's medium downforce update

Ferrari has undoubtedly made a significant stride forward in 2017 and seemingly has a car for all conditions but the team is obviously not resting on its laurels, as it introduced a revamped aero kit for the Canadian GP.

The focus of the update was to provide the drivers with an aerodynamic set-up to suit the medium downforce characteristics of the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve. The update included a revision of Ferrari's sidepod deflectors, a new floor and a rear wing assembly.

Sidepod deflectors

We’ve already waxed lyrical about the elaborate design of the SF70H’s sidepods and surrounding machinations but one aspect that has been left out thus far is the deflectors, a unique design befitting its surroundings.

Outwardly it may seem like a simple design, however, the trapezoidal element has some nice features, including an unusually thick leading edge and a pair of louvres used to displace pressure.

It’s also much shorter than the deflectors we’ve come to know over the last five-six years but this is more than made up by its length and intricacy.

A small change was made to the deflector's footplate for Canada, with the hole midway along its length slightly revised, altering the way in which airflow passes by.

Floor

The development of solutions ahead of the rear tyre has intensified over the last few seasons, as teams try to perfect ways of defending against tyre squirt - the lateral displacement of air into the diffuser as rear tyre deforms under load.

Most teams now favour the use of numerous L-shaped slots in the floor ahead of the rear tyre, of which Ferrari are one. However, their geometry, orientation and frequency can have a significant bearing on how they perform and so it’s no surprise to see changes made to suit the differing circuit characteristics.

Ferrari has opted to utilise another L-shaped slot in Canada, taking its tally to four, while a wider slot has been placed just ahead of the floors trailing edge.

These slots allow pressure to bleed from one side of the floor to the other, changing how the air moves across and around the face of the tyre, creating a seal against the airflow that tries to push its way into the diffuser's path.

Rear wing

Ferrari has introduced an entirely new rear wing structure for the Canadian GP, which features a spoon-shaped mainplane and upper flap, much like the one run by Mercedes for most of the season.

The deeper, more forward-placed central section of the wing means the team has also had to change the way in which their rear wing is supported, with two centre pillars mounted to the underside of the wing, rather than utilising a swan-neck design.

In order that the team take the maximum from these changes, the endplates have also been optimised, as Ferrari has finally gone for the open-end style louvre bandwagon that has been circling since Toro Rosso first introduced them at the start of 2016.

Meanwhile, the slots that would ordinarily run from the base of the endplate upward have also been curtailed in an effort to change overall shape of the tip vortex created, when the differing pressure gradients meet at the flap and endplate juncture.

This has also led to Ferrari revisiting the more simplistic single element T-wing design, albeit painted in black rather than white, with its design not only inferring a few points of downforce in its own right but also shaped to change the rear wing's tip vortex.

The exhaust-wrapping monkey seat used in Monaco (right inset) for additional downforce is also surplus to requirements, with the less aggressive version run in the preceding races re-installed.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...update-918415/

So nothing from engine side....
    Ferrari are concentrating on extracting much from aero.