Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF70H

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Is the suspension system used by mercs banned for next year???
    Honestly, I don't know and have not seen anything as far as the FIA investigating it NOR any teams opposing it. Mercedes have made this system so complicated that

its integrated with the gearbox. I believe the FIA don't have a clue how this system works. Again, innovation!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Honestly, I don't know and have not seen anything as far as the FIA investigating it NOR any teams opposing it. Mercedes have made this system so complicated that

its integrated with the gearbox. I believe the FIA don't have a clue how this system works. Again, innovation!!!
    Hmmm so again it will take 3yrs to ban this system by FIA.

....going off of the "FRIC" system issue.....okay, fair enough. Who knows if MB will be around in 3yrs... I'm more interested in this quali mode and how they do

it.

And only 1 week to ban Ferrari's floor, supposed oil burning... and whatever else they can come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    And only 1 week to ban Ferrari's floor, supposed oil burning... and whatever else they can come up with.
    Yeah

Quote Originally Posted by ss-89 View Post
    http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/324...es-and-Ferrari

Above article is really interesting, I think we'll work around it. Does sound like it was especially compounded at Silverstone but we could bounce back at the next race once we find methods to mitigate it.

Very interesting thanks

"Big things have small beginings"
    "Perseverence is power"

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Well, flexing devices and oil burning is illegal so no surprise they were banned. On the other hand the suspension system on the Mercedes is legal as the rules stand. The only way the FIA can gain total control in this area is to ban all hydraulic systems and that requires unanimous agreement from the teams, and that ain't happening anytime soon. Certainly not for the 2018 season as time has run out for new car concepts.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonecrasher View Post
    Well, flexing devices and oil burning is illegal so no surprise they were banned. On the other hand the suspension system on the Mercedes is legal as the rules stand. The only way the FIA can gain total control in this area is to ban all hydraulic systems and that requires unanimous agreement from the teams, and that ain't happening anytime soon. Certainly not for the 2018 season as time has run out for new car concepts.
    They used a suspension system all last year that was declared illegal only this year, after it was 'explained' to them how it can influence aero. Ferrari's floor passed all testing then was decided it was not legal, less than 1/2 season. Just saying.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/a...ri-934337/?s=1

Analysis: Why Hungary is a crunch race for Ferrari

A recent snapshot of form since the Monaco Grand Prix – which ultimately perhaps will come to be viewed as the turning point of the season – makes bad reading for Ferrari.

In the four races since its 1-2 on the streets of Monaco Carlo, the team has delivered 79 points – which is just two more than Red Bull has managed despite its reliability dramas. But more worrying is that in that period Mercedes has amassed 151 points.

What is hard to evaluate at the moment is what the real reasons are for why Mercedes has surged so much.

Have we just had a run of tracks – like Canada, Baku, Austria and Silverstone – that favour the more powerful and longer wheelbase Mercedes, where the shorter Ferrari SF70H cannot excel?

Have the last four races shown us the proof that the Mercedes W08 was always the quickest car but early season potential was hidden by its 'Diva' characteristics? And only after its Monaco woes did it work out how best to unlock it all?

Or have mid-season rules clarifications – a clampdown on oil burn from Baku and a requirement for Ferrari to strengthen its floor from Austria – hurt the Maranello team in particular?

After all, considering there were claims earlier this year that Ferrari's engine could now be more powerful than the Mercedes, it is noticeable that the situation, especially in Q3, has turned around so much since the oil burn ruling…

Picking out one of these three factors as the definite most important is a hard task right now, but Hungary should give us plenty of evidence about just where things are.

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/a...ri-934337/?s=1

Analysis: Why Hungary is a crunch race for Ferrari
    Because if we not win Mercedes will take a lead in CWC and that will be the end of it all!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Because if we not win Mercedes will take a lead in CWC and that will be the end of it all!
    i thought they, Mercedes already took the lead in WCC, NO??? and if we dont' win they gonna extend it even more...

we're ONLY one point in the lead in WDC...

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    i thought they, Mercedes already took the lead in WCC, NO??? and if we dont' win they gonna extend it even more...

we're ONLY one point in the lead in WDC...
    Yeap, you are right. It was my mistake. CWC is already gone, I meant on WDC!

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    Good analysis. So oil burning issue has caught Ferrari out.
    James Allison

James Allison
    i just dont understand how they could not know he will do something like this, and have a plan B..............or why isnt he on gardening leave

James Allison
    Kinda makes you wonder on a couple of fronts:

1.) Possilby JA left/fired with a sour taste in his mouth.....payback is a *itch?

2.) Ferrari's inner team culture/ethos/management style/ comes into question?

3.) His move to MB seems to be going well for him so far which is indicative of their(MB) culture/ethos/management style?

I know of someone that works for the Scuderia(2017) and he told me they are always getting rid of people or as he put it, " Alot of changes are happening." Makes

you wonder working for the Scuderia?

I don't think we saw the real potential of Seb and SF70H in the silverstone Q3 last run because of bad positioning of Seb in traffic... I don't understand this if we were affected by oil burn ban then why weren't we affected in Austria...? I know the track lacks straights and is short but what so ever the reasons may be there should have been a bigger difference rather then .041 sec's if we were affected... Fingers crossed until Q3... I hope Seb, team, and "Tyres" don't mess us up......!!!
    FERRARI FOREVER...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zerocool View Post
    I don't think we saw the real potential of Seb and SF70H in the silverstone Q3 last run because of bad positioning of Seb in traffic... I don't understand this if we were affected by oil burn ban then why weren't we affected in Austria...? I know the track lacks straights and is short but what so ever the reasons may be there should have been a bigger difference rather then .041 sec's if we were affected... Fingers crossed until Q3... I hope Seb, team, and "Tyres" don't mess us up......!!!
    Oil burn affecting Ferrari does not stack up. In Baku longest straight in F1 Hamilton came out behind Vettel and had DRS and could not overtake whilst Vettel was closing on Bottas. Last 4 races has just not worked out. Max hit vettel in Canada, good race pace in Baku we know why Vettel did not come 2nd or win, Austria very close in quali and good race on a Merc track. Silvetstone quali error then stuck behind Max all compounded with bad luck on tyres. Lots of bad luck and team errors last 4 races. If they can get it together and maximise temaining races Ferrari should win WDC with Vettel. If Merc have 4 races of bad luck like Ferrari just had WCC maybe within reach.

Quote Originally Posted by mark p View Post
    Oil burn affecting Ferrari does not stack up. In Baku longest straight in F1 Hamilton came out behind Vettel and had DRS and could not overtake whilst Vettel was closing on Bottas. Last 4 races has just not worked out. Max hit vettel in Canada, good race pace in Baku we know why Vettel did not come 2nd or win, Austria very close in quali and good race on a Merc track. Silvetstone quali error then stuck behind Max all compounded with bad luck on tyres. Lots of bad luck and team errors last 4 races. If they can get it together and maximise temaining races Ferrari should win WDC with Vettel. If Merc have 4 races of bad luck like Ferrari just had WCC maybe within reach.
    Exactly..!! But media omg unbelievable...
    FERRARI FOREVER...!!!

Ferrari aero updates for the Hungaroring (pics)

Attachment 7260

Attachment 7261

Attachment 7262

and it looks like the rear aero flaps on the body are coming back

Attachment 7263

I think it's just qualifying where the oil burn is affecting us and that what's putting us in traffic and risking a lap 1 Collison

Also since Baku the FIA made us made our floor regide, so less flexing but if you look at the RB wing at GB...

Seriously this anti-Ferrari campaign needs to end and the FIA need to punish MB and RB for a change.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Seems Ferrari got some upgrades this weekend.
    Vet seems to be hoping it yield good result.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Kinda makes you wonder on a couple of fronts:

1.) Possilby JA left/fired with a sour taste in his mouth.....payback is a *itch?

2.) Ferrari's inner team culture/ethos/management style/ comes into question?

3.) His move to MB seems to be going well for him so far which is indicative of their(MB) culture/ethos/management style?

I know of someone that works for the Scuderia(2017) and he told me they are always getting rid of people or as he put it, " Alot of changes are happening." Makes

you wonder working for the Scuderia?
    Yeah lot of high pressure when you work for this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    I think it's just qualifying where the oil burn is affecting us and that what's putting us in traffic and risking a lap 1 Collison
    But Austria a Merc track 0.043 off pole. Baku fanned the flames but Silverstone 2nd and 3rd outqualifying Bottas, Hamilton always finds something extra at Silverstone. Vettel had an issue with his prep lap there as well. I dont see a performance issue just operational issues and a bit of luck. Reminds me of 2000 when built a good lead then around middle of year got barely a point for 5 races. Issue is mainly good starts by Red Bull as once behind them you eventually get by but they screw your race. Hamilton has got stuck behind them a few times this year as well. Maybe focus on staying infront of them 1st and foremost at the start then attack Merc.

Decent haul of updates. Rear wing looks to have reverted to the one used in earlier races. I wonder if it's a place holder, or is simply more effective with the updates further up the car. Either way, fingers crossed it all works and we're back to our season opening form. We need this! For the championship, and to shut the naysayers up!

But Austria a Merc track 0.043 off pole. Baku fanned the flames but Silverstone 2nd and 3rd outqualifying Bottas, Hamilton always finds something extra at Silverstone. Vettel had an issue with his prep lap there as well. I dont see a performance issue just operational issues and a bit of luck. Reminds me of 2000 when built a good lead then around middle of year got barely a point for 5 races. Issue is mainly good starts by Red Bull as once behind them you eventually get by but they screw your race. Hamilton has got stuck behind them a few times this year as well. Maybe focus on staying infront of them 1st and foremost at the start then attack Merc.
    Yeah main point is Ferrari are getting fast starts, where as RB either one of them getting fast start n keep bothering our car. This will be the key point in championship battle.
    RB can play spoil sport in WDC. That's what they are aiming at

Quote Originally Posted by Deephouse View Post
    Unofficial from a stooge of Merc source. After FP3 i say whatever they banned inproved the car so done Ferrari a favour. If there is any truth 8n all this techical directives at Ferrari we should rejoice as this would be 3 and counting seems the car is full of innovations. More like all the rumours are rubbish and the car is just good.