Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF70H

Jax we all appreciate the info, but stick to facts. 0.5 second improvement from any one component on the car is almost unheard of, and unfortunate I highly doubt it.

Winglets on the rear of the engine cover were also tested in Canada (I think?) and were not run. It seems Ferrari has been fine tuning them as they've been brought to a few races but not run.

Also I just remembered - on Friday in Hungary when we weren't leading a commentator said we had correlation issues. By Saturday they'd gone quiet. I jus think it's funny - all of these people claiming to have inside knowledge are mostly just making guesses based on the times. Sometimes they come off looking like geniuses. Other times like idiots. This time they came off looking like an idiot. Haha

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    Also I just remembered - on Friday in Hungary when we weren't leading a commentator said we had correlation issues. By Saturday they'd gone quiet. I jus think it's funny - all of these people claiming to have inside knowledge are mostly just making guesses based on the times. Sometimes they come off looking like geniuses. Other times like idiots. This time they came off looking like an idiot. Haha
    For sure. Nostradamus Roulette.

There was an article on Autosport by the great Gary Anderson saying how red Bull had caught upto Ferrari and are a real threat to Ferrari. That weekend they were one second behind Ferrari. Same thing during Hungary, now not wanting to seem like an idiot again, he adds how Ferrari and Red bull are close to Mercedes. Ferrari end up half a second quicker on a short track that isn't a power circuit. It seems that sky and other British media outlets seem to eat up whatever bull comes their way. It's unbelievable how these people are so bad at this. Yet for all the times they fail miserably, for once they succeed, they come out portraying themselves to be pundits with knowledge passed down by the Almighty himself. It's beyond annoying.

Jax we all appreciate the info, but stick to facts. 0.5 second improvement from any one component on the car is almost unheard of, and unfortunate I highly doubt it.

Winglets on the rear of the engine cover were also tested in Canada (I think?) and were not run. It seems Ferrari has been fine tuning them as they've been brought to a few races but not run.
    you think 0.5 secs improvement from the diffuser is unheard of ? Hmm, i beg to differ .

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    you think 0.5 secs improvement from the diffuser is unheard of ? Hmm, i beg to differ .
    The double diffuser was worth more than 0.5 secs compared to the rest remember

Ferrari testing a tweaked diffuser

According to Sky Italia, Ferrari is testing some new parts on the car, including a tweaked diffuser which they believe will help them in the races after the summer break.

I think Ferrari are going to take the fight to Mercedes in the Red Bull way. Accept the deficit on power sectors in a circuit but gain massively in the high/medium downforce sectors to compensate.

Compromising on the strengths for slightly more top speed on straights hasn't done them any good, like in Baku.
    Last edited by icedeepan; 2nd August 2017 at 08:55.

thanks Jax.

The diffuser is bigger than last years. Think 0.5 seconds being found in that area is about right.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Robert is actually doing good :)

Please God improve our car, or else another season will be lost.
    CUT ME. CUT YOU. BOTH OUR BLOOD IS FERRARI RED!

Hmmm, something seems to be brewing up!.........Lets hope this gets resolved very quickly

BINOTTO LOOKING TO LEAD FERRARI - REPORTS
    Published on 02 Aug 2017 11:37

Ferrari is currently right in the thick of a Drivers' and Constructors' Championship battle with Mercedes, and is fresh from a dominant one-two finish at the Hungaroring. According to some media sources, however, relations between two senior members of the team are souring at Maranello in a battle which threatens to distract the Scuderia from its main focus.

Germany's Bild, as well as other Italian sources, have reported that the clash is between Team Principal Maurizio Arrivabene and tech guru Mattia Binotto - and also that the latter has his sights firmly set on the top job at Ferrari. Bild went on to say that as a result of this, Arrivabene has involved long-time team sponsor Philip Morris in the matter. The power struggle is said to have originated many weeks ago, when engine boss Lorenzo Sassi left to work on Ferrari's road cars - but at the time, the company offered no comment on the situation.

Some innovations supposedly masterminded by Binotto have been banned by the FIA, such as oil in the fuel and a flexible floor to the car, but in response to this the Italian said: "I think the oil burning is not something directly related to Ferrari. And the floor, honestly, I don't think there is any impact on our performance."

Mason Hawker
    Drive it like you stole it!

Is a power struggle brewing at Ferrari?

Reports from Italy are suggesting that tensions are ramping up at Ferrari as internal strife takes hold among the with the Italian outfit's top brass.

A power struggle at the House of Maranello has apparently developed between Scuderia boss Maurizio Arrivabene and tech chief Mattia Binotto.

According to Italian media , the first sign of Binotto's push for power came some weeks ago, when Ferrari engine chief Lorenzo Sassi was demoted to the road car division.

Germany's Bild is reporting that Arrivabene has now moved to involve Ferrari sponsor Philip Morris - also his former employer - in the dispute.

A creative atmosphere fostered under Binotto in the past year has led to several technical innovations, such as the oil-for-fuel ploy which the FIA frowned upon and has subsequently outlawed, or Ferrari's alleged flexible floor.

"I think the oil burning is not something directly related to Ferrari," said Binotto.

"And the floor, honestly, I don't think there is any impact on our performance."

Regardless of the relationship between Binotto and Arrivabene, there is no disputing the former's successful role in Ferrari's performance this season, as last Sunday's Hungarian GP demonstrated.

http://en.f1i.com/news/275890-power-...uTjSR1.twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    The diffuser is bigger than last years. Think 0.5 seconds being found in that area is about right.
    I don't think it's only from the diffuser, I think we are planning to generate as much down force as possible from the new diffuser itself ( since it is the only part which is most efficient with down force generation and with lowest drag coefficient). Coz now we'll be generating higher down force with diffuser I think we'll be running much lesser angle of attack on the rear wing for high speed in the straights of spa and Monza... So i guess only with the combination of both the new diffuser and lower angle of attack on the rear wing the 0.5sec will be possible!!
    FERRARI FOREVER...!!!

Vettel did a 1:17:1s today. I hope it bodes well for us in Spa.

"Always move forward, take it one step at a time, eventually you'll reach your goal and if you happen to fall on face your still moving..."

If Vet could win in Spa it could be a big turning point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    It sure would be!!!
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

well Spa and Monza will for sure be in advantage to Mercedes as it will prolly suit their long wheel base care better as well as since their engine is a bit better on power....

so if Ferrari can bring some serious updates for these high speed circuits and possibly an engine upgrade also (with a bit more power), and Seb can challenge for WIN....then Ferrari will have a SERIOUS shot at WDC this year....and who knows maybe even WCC if Kimi does his part in all this.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    well Spa and Monza will for sure be in advantage to Mercedes as it will prolly suit their long wheel base care better as well as since their engine is a bit better on power....

so if Ferrari can bring some serious updates for these high speed circuits and possibly an engine upgrade also (with a bit more power), and Seb can challenge for WIN....then Ferrari will have a SERIOUS shot at WDC this year....and who knows maybe even WCC if Kimi does his part in all this.
    Kimi is king of spa I think. I'm hoping that a podium is on the cards.
    If vet can extract another win in the next

yeah Kimi was really fast around there in the past, just look at 2009.

yeah Kimi was really fast around there in the past, just look at 2009.
    kimi is the KING of spa......even on a bad day he does really well there......so i personally think Seb will have a hard time keeping up with him there

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Is a power struggle brewing at Ferrari?

Reports from Italy are suggesting that tensions are ramping up at Ferrari as internal strife takes hold among the with the Italian outfit's top brass.

A power struggle at the House of Maranello has apparently developed between Scuderia boss Maurizio Arrivabene and tech chief Mattia Binotto.

According to Italian media , the first sign of Binotto's push for power came some weeks ago, when Ferrari engine chief Lorenzo Sassi was demoted to the road car division.

Germany's Bild is reporting that Arrivabene has now moved to involve Ferrari sponsor Philip Morris - also his former employer - in the dispute.

A creative atmosphere fostered under Binotto in the past year has led to several technical innovations, such as the oil-for-fuel ploy which the FIA frowned upon and has subsequently outlawed, or Ferrari's alleged flexible floor.

"I think the oil burning is not something directly related to Ferrari," said Binotto.

"And the floor, honestly, I don't think there is any impact on our performance."

Regardless of the relationship between Binotto and Arrivabene, there is no disputing the former's successful role in Ferrari's performance this season, as last Sunday's Hungarian GP demonstrated.

http://en.f1i.com/news/275890-power-...uTjSR1.twitter
    It would seem the media blackout from Ferrari is working; people are having to be quite imaginative in their stories.

Quote Originally Posted by icedeepan View Post
    The double diffuser was worth more than 0.5 secs compared to the rest remember
    It depends on what you are comparing them to.

Double diffuser brought a lot of downforce when compared to the normal ones of course, as the were a completely different design.

However, if you are comparing 2 diffuser within the same regulations, then it's difficult to get such a huge jump.
    Hard to imagine that a few small flaps under the rear crash structure will be able to bring 0.5 sec improvements.

I could just be seeing things that aren't there because I've been examining pics all week - but does the engine cover look a little tighter/more compact in the test??

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    It depends on what you are comparing them to.

Double diffuser brought a lot of downforce when compared to the normal ones of course, as the were a completely different design.

However, if you are comparing 2 diffuser within the same regulations, then it's difficult to get such a huge jump.
    Hard to imagine that a few small flaps under the rear crash structure will be able to bring 0.5 sec improvements.
    Agree the changes don't quite look revolutionary to the naked eye. The double diffuser though was a smart interpretation of the same regulations by Brawn and Williams, leaving the rest trailing massively in that area at the start of the season. The exhaust blown diffuser mastered by Red Bull in 2011 again innovation on this front under the same regulations with significant performance gains. So, significant gains can be made in this area but yeah would need our boys to come up with something special.

That's a new rear wing end fence used in the test too.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dfunk257 View Post
    Please God improve our car, or else another season will be lost.
    There is nothing God can do it! It is up to R&D team