Page 112 of 114 FirstFirst ... 123762879899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114 LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,360 of 3405

Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF70H

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    I think people underrate Renault engine, especially in the race. I think there is not a big difference in race with ours and their engine, only Merc looks overpowered.
    If what you say is true, then Renault really suck at developing a chassis. On the other hand, they have a budget of something over $200M which is around half what Ferrari, Merc, RB and McLaren invest.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Standardized MGU-H? Mono- or Bi-Turbo? E-Booster? Latest rumours about 2021 F1 engine concept. AMuS:

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Standardized MGU-H? Mono- or Bi-Turbo? E-Booster? Latest rumours about 2021 F1 engine concept. AMuS:
    Article says Ferrari n mercs interested keeping MGU-H.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13...helped-ferrari

You can't beat them if you are relying on them.

We dont

Quote Originally Posted by crbassassin View Post

Bernie says that F1 is a staged show then.

To all of you that keep whining (not complaining, whining) about this year and how Ferrari did this or that or did not do this or that, try to remember that the team has to build a chassis and and engine. Instead, teams to the likes of RBR and McLaren are not constructors and bringing them to the equation only make you look like fools.

The real and only comparison is between Ferrari and Mercedes in terms of how those teams operate.

It really starts to get boring when one gets to this forum and all they get to see is unfounded complains.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Noone cares about the opinion of a has been.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Yeah RIIIIIIIIIIGHT Mr. E.!!!! Let's see......oh yeah: 1.) First our lead designer gets taken away by Mercedes 2.) Finds out what we are doing with our floor and lobbys the FIA for a change in it. 3.) Also, finds out about Ferrari "burning oil" which the Merc's are doing it also but more complicated. And Ferrari lobbyed the FIA in the beginning of this year for Mercedes and RedBull to change their suspension system.

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Noone cares about the opinion of a has been.
    its utter and complete nonsense, I re-track what I previously said about Mr. E's "insight" regarding this matter.

Mercedes AND Renualt brushes off Ecclestone Ferrari assistance claim https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/m...-claim-972366/ … via @motorsport

is it to soon for 2018 challenger thread?

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    is it to soon for 2018 challenger thread?
    @the end of season :)

Well I guess that makes it official, he's done it for Ferrari, he's certainly done it for others (such as Mercedes)... kind of makes me lose interest in F1 altogether to be honest... I'd might as well watch WWE...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

I hate RB because, they keep moaning alot.
    Rules are tend to favour for some teams that's obvious because they have history, prestige etc.
    If Ferrari would have lobbyed for their benefits then they must have won 2010-13 era & 2014-2017 era. Simple logic.

It's RB who had lobbyed for reg change for 2010 & their dominance started & then it was mercs who has done same thing for their dominance. Again for 2017, RB lobbyed for aerodynamic efficiency preference. They got it. Where is Ferrari in this picture.

Ferrari did place their veto in 2015 against bit-turbo engine. It's their right to do it, if they find it's not useful at that that time.

RB always threatens to leave the sport if they don't get their preferences. They got it aerodynamic wise. They are not engine suppliers, but still they want to dictate engine terms as well, ridiculous.

Mercs & Ferrari are not fools to sit n watch RB's lobbying.

I think this time for 2021 Ferrari will come hard & push their cards on table to be competitive. Beacause F1 is Ferrari, when Ferrari is competitive F1 is more entertaining.

Red Bull has Billions $$, everyone else Millions $$. F1 is about $$$. But F1 without Ferrari in serious competition with Merc, and RB is not going to improve fans attendance. Seb can use Kimi, Lewis the same with Bottas, Max needs Max.
    Last edited by Brembo; 1st November 2017 at 11:17.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Red Bull has Billions $$, everyone else Millions $$. F1 is about $$$. But F1 without Ferrari in serious competition with Merc, and RB is not going to improve fans attendance. Seb can use Kimi, Lewis the same with Bottas, Max needs Max.
    FERRARI is F1 !
    Without them they can all go to play with Matchbox cars.

And for all this doomers, Ferrari did a fantastic Season this year. My wishes in the Start of this Season were Ferrari can Fight with Mercedes. And they did ! I never believed they can win the Championship this year but now, for the next Season, they know what it needs to win and i believe they will make it.

I'm just gonna leave this here...

This is what Scarbs had to say about Ferrari before the start of this season...

Scarbs: Ferrari is perhaps the biggest question mark. Lots of the other teams are optimistic, and lots of us are optimistic for them – you can see a reason why Renault might have a resurgence, you can understand McLaren, you can understand Toro Rosso with a new Renault engine. Then you look at Ferrari, and you wonder how good a job they’ve been able to do over the winter with all the management issues that the team seem to have at the moment. Ferrari could be at risk – not just of dropping out of the top three, but potentially down as far as fourth, fifth or even further. We all would like to see Ferrari do well, it’s good for the sport, but at the moment I just don’t have the optimism that they’ll be there.

So funny to read this now.
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI

Quote Originally Posted by Smintlemon View Post
    FERRARI is F1 !

And for all this doomers, Ferrari did a fantastic Season this year. My wishes in the Start of this Season were Ferrari can Fight with Mercedes. And they did ! I never believed they can win the Championship this year but now, for the next Season, they know what it needs to win and i believe they will make it.
    Can't stand Hamilton, but you gotta hand it to him: he knew when to switch teams.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Smintlemon View Post
    FERRARI is F1 !

Imagine how dull this season would have been without Ferrari F1 needs as much competive cars and big fan bases as they can get and without Ferrari your losing both of these
    Last edited by Christopher; 17th November 2017 at 20:40.

Ferrari loses more than 110 million euros with its F1 team

After F1 announced the new engines for the 2021 season, the threat of Ferrari came. A threat to leave the competition - remember that the Covenant of Concord ends a year before the change of regulations with the power units - if the rules of the game do not match what the Scuderia wants.

The Independent. After 67 years in the Grand Circus, the Italian team does not rule out abandoning the sport, and the main consequence would be a profit of around 100 million pounds -112 million euros-, according to the presentations of accounts of the Maranello that picks up the British media The Independent.

Marchionne claimed that Formula 1 "has been part of our DNA since the day we were born, so it's not like we can define ourselves differently, but if we change the game to the point where it becomes an unrecognizable game, I do not want to play anymore, "commented the Ferrari president at the beginning of November. He also added that the farewell of the Scuderia "would be totally beneficial" for the final result of the Italian training, and for nothing he lacked reason.

INCOME

In the section of income -generated in the 2016 season- we find the nearly 160 million pounds -179 million euros- that Ferrari received from F1 - as a bonus for old teams and qualification in the World Championship. 2016-, in addition to 167 million pounds -187 million euros- for the sponsorships -including the contributions of Shell and Banco Santander-. We must remember that it supplied engines to Haas , Sauber and Toro Rosso , reason why it would enter around 15 million pounds for each team -50 million euros in total-. Así las cosas, las cantidades totales aproximadas de ingresos son de 372 millones de libras –416 millones de euros–. Thus, the approximate total amounts of income are 372 million pounds -416 million euros

EXPENSES

As regards expenses, the aforementioned British publication states that the largest outlay is in Research and Development -around 509 million euros-, which are "mainly those that are part of the activities of the Formula 1 races, for what is estimated that the expenditure in this section amounts to 338 million pounds -378 million euros, 75% of the total in R & D.- To this we must add 80 million pounds -89 million euros- in expenses of personnel - Vettel and Räikkönen received more than half of that figure - and finally 55 million pounds - 61 million euros - is the estimated annual expenditure on the management of the team.

TO FOLLOW OR NOT IN F1?

Thus, Ferrari would present a deficit of 100 million pounds -112 million euros- for season approximately, reason why its retirement outside the Formula 1 would increase its annual gains since it would not have to cover it, although it would not be so easy.

The presentation of the accounts suggest that although research and development are based on Formula 1, "they are considered fundamental for the development of sports and urban models and prototypes". The presentations also state that "examples include steering wheel paddles for changing gears, the use and development of composite materials, which makes cars lighter and faster, and technology related to hybrid propulsion."

"Our road cars - especially our sports car models - have benefited from the knowledge gained in the wind tunnel by our racing car development teams, enjoying greater stability as they reach high speeds inside and outside the car. the track ", picks up The Independent.

Ferrari is one of the most exploited brands in terms of marketing within Formula 1, and therefore they are prepared to assume those close to 112 million euros of losses each year. Obviously the Italian training does not need the Grand Circus to increase its brand recognition as it is one of the best known in the world.

The presentation of Ferrari accounts ends talking about "risk factors" after the acquisition of F1 by Liberty Media. "The company that owns the Formula 1 business was recently acquired by new owners and it is unclear if the agreements related to the participation of Ferrari and the other teams competing in the championship may change in the future."

https://translate.google.com/transla...38&prev=search

Fiat chrysler has billions also mate which really owns ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Fiat chrysler has billions also mate which really owns ferrari.
    I thought Ferrari is no longer owned by FCA and it's an independent company.

I thought Ferrari is no longer owned by FCA and it's an independent company.
    correct. IF Ferrari were to leave F1 given their current financial ideology/ethos imagine the half of billion of EURO's it would save just on R&D......then you throw in layoffs and payroll in the F1 dept......thats alot of money over the long term in the "Grand Circus" of F1. Ferrari, from a production car perspective, does not need F1 to sell its cars....they sell themselves. They would survive without F1.

F1 would survive without Ferrari given the new rules and threats. Yes, there would be a down-tick for several years but with other foreign entities showing an interest in F1 those people would come back and you would pick up new people with the likes of Porsche.

correct. IF Ferrari were to leave F1 given their current financial ideology/ethos imagine the half of billion of EURO's it would save just on R&D......then you throw in layoffs and payroll in the F1 dept......thats alot of money over the long term in the "Grand Circus" of F1. Ferrari, from a production car perspective, does not need F1 to sell its cars....they sell themselves. They would survive without F1.

F1 would survive without Ferrari given the new rules and threats. Yes, there would be a down-tick for several years but with other foreign entities showing an interest in F1 those people would come back and you would pick up new people with the likes of Porsche.
    I see your point. However, even though F1 will continue to run because we are talking about a powerful brand, Ferrari leaving would still strike a massive blow from which the series won't be able to recover. F1's value and ratings would go way down. Ferrari has the biggest fan base by far. Ferrari is also the only team in F1 with a cult following. The likes of Porsche would not be able to bring F1 to that level. That's why Ferrari and Liberty will reach a compromise at the end for everyone's sake.
    Last edited by Stormy; 18th November 2017 at 15:24.

just an fyi for 2018 IF Ferrari find themselves with grid spot penalties mid season.....

Horner does not like the 3 engine rule for 2018 and voiced it prior to the Brazilian GP at a strategy meeting; wants to keep it at 4. Ferrari scuttled that by saying they have invested alot of time and resources (to the tune of over 500 million Euro's) to engine reliability to last the mileage.

Horner tried earlier this year(Italian GP) on the engine rule change but no one was listening.

Personally I don't like it either going from 4 to 3....sigh. We will probably see some races where the top 3 "de-tune" their engines for reliability as we have seen from RedBull in Brazil and possibly Abu Dhabi.

just an fyi for 2018 IF Ferrari find themselves with grid spot penalties mid season.....

Horner does not like the 3 engine rule for 2018 and voiced it prior to the Brazilian GP at a strategy meeting; wants to keep it at 4. Ferrari scuttled that by saying they have invested alot of time and resources (to the tune of over 500 million Euro's) to engine reliability to last the mileage.

Horner tried earlier this year(Italian GP) on the engine rule change but no one was listening.

Personally I don't like it either going from 4 to 3....sigh. We will probably see some races where the top 3 "de-tune" their engines for reliability as we have seen from RedBull in Brazil and possibly Abu Dhabi.
    Your last paragraph goes to show that motor-racing per se no longer exists, de-tuned engines to aid reliability, driving around tyre issues, next they'll all be in fuel-saving mode from the start....where will it end? I don't like the 3 engine rule either, and with the issues Ferrari have suffered whilst losing this year's championship, I'm surprised that they're being so confident of their engine's future reliability!

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Your last paragraph goes to show that motor-racing per se no longer exists, de-tuned engines to aid reliability, driving around tyre issues, next they'll all be in fuel-saving mode from the start....where will it end? I don't like the 3 engine rule either, and with the issues Ferrari have suffered whilst losing this year's championship, I'm surprised that they're being so confident of their engine's future reliability!
    +1

It's not full on mash the throttle racing with unlimited engines and unlimited testing.

I'm surprised too with Ferrari. Horner wants to go back to the "old ways" of F1 (2000-2006). I'm sure you stick a $300k USD 3ltr V-10 as opposed to a $5-10 million USD current hybrid formula given said 2017 slicks (then they were using narrower grooved tyres) with the same width and said 2017 chassis(back then chassis were narrower)...they would keep up with the current 2017 hybrids IMO; also open up the fuel flow rates with unlimited testing and unlimited engines.....that would definitely bring the costs way way down and viewership and fans would come back......but I'm dreamin.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    There are 3 scenarios for last statement
    1. Ferrari is pretty confident about reliability
    2. Ferrari knows mercs is bullet proof n powerful , so can't do anything n fight for 2nd in championship
    3. Ferrari doesn't want RB to climb up n take 2nd in WCC or WDC championship . As RB now have two potential race winning drivers n with competitive chasis. Then RB are tough to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    There are 3 scenarios for last statement
    1. Ferrari is pretty confident about reliability
    2. Ferrari knows mercs is bullet proof n powerful , so can't do anything n fight for 2nd in championship
    3. Ferrari doesn't want RB to climb up n take 2nd in WCC or WDC championship . As RB now have two potential race winning drivers n with competitive chasis. Then RB are tough to beat.
    Yes

#3 --> this is probably why Ferrari "shot-down" RB's complaint. RB are in a good position with engines for 2018 going into 2019...Renault and Honda....either one could either make or break RB...imagine "Ghastly" and "Hardly" in the TR jumping up to the mid-field with the Honda PU should they solve their issues. IF so, RB would then pick the Honda for 2019 otherwise stay with the Renault.

Ferrari moans about how they are losing money but when a budget cap was proposed it was one of the most vocal against it. Ferrari doesnt want aero F1 because of RBR, but engine F1 is dominated by Mercedes. Hard time to be a Ferrari fan