Page 1 of 114 123456789101112131415265176101 ... LastLast

Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF70H

Scuderia Ferrari SF70H

Ok lets hope we will have more success with 2017 challenger.

Judging by other forums and journalist they all think we will fall even more.

Lets prove them wrong, FORZA FERRARI

I have just read on Autosport forum, that Sauber will stays on the 2016 PU because its expected that the 2017 PU will be unreliable

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    I have just read on Autosport forum, that Sauber will stays on the 2016 PU because its expected that the 2017 PU will be unreliable
    I heard that is was because Ferrari couldn't give them enough concrete details about the engine because of the large scope of development, and due to the large rule changes, Sauber want to get on with their car, and not be delayed because of engine uncertainties. The 2016 PU is a known quantity.

Sorry don't have a link to where I read that, it was a while ago...

I made a promise to myself not to get excited with low fuel chart topping runs during testing and practice next year until Q3 in Melbourne. Hope I can stick to it.

I hope our president keeps his mouth shut!

Quote Originally Posted by garychopper View Post
    I hope our president keeps his mouth shut!
    he said he will

Quote Originally Posted by jragona View Post
    I heard that is was because Ferrari couldn't give them enough concrete details about the engine because of the large scope of development, and due to the large rule changes, Sauber want to get on with their car, and not be delayed because of engine uncertainties. The 2016 PU is a known quantity.

Sorry don't have a link to where I read that, it was a while ago...
    tnx mate

I hope Ferrari SF17-H is able to qualify on front row from there Seb can take care of it as he is really good when he lead the race

Mmm would be interesing if the nose will be short or long, or if they go for a shape like the SF-15T.

Ok lets hope we will have more success with 2017 challenger.

Judging by other forums and journalist they all think we will fall even more.

Lets prove them wrong, FORZA FERRARI
    Any success with 2017 car will be already more

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Any success with 2017 car will be already more
    we want all the sucess with 2017 car

will the new cars have the ugly noses like this year?

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    I made a promise to myself not to get excited with low fuel chart topping runs during testing and practice next year until Q3 in Melbourne. Hope I can stick to it.
    Same here and not to mention being optimistic with tyre degradations compared to Ferrari's rivals. As it turned out this season, even though the SF16-H was more gentle on tyres that advantage could never be used due to far too little difference between the compounds. So most times teams would just run the hardest compound at the end in order to avoid having to pit. Although Vettels 3rd place in Abu Dhabi was down to what I thought would be a norm this year. I was wrong. There were too few occasions like that or the team just messed up the strategies even more than we've seen.

I have a feeling the Scuderia will never be successful during the V6 Turbo era no matter what other regulations they change. It's not 1982-1983 anymore and I believe we're closer to the end of Formula 1 than a new beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    Same here and not to mention being optimistic with tyre degradations compared to Ferrari's rivals. As it turned out this season, even though the SF16-H was more gentle on tyres that advantage could never be used due to far too little difference between the compounds. So most times teams would just run the hardest compound at the end in order to avoid having to pit. Although Vettels 3rd place in Abu Dhabi was down to what I thought would be a norm this year. I was wrong. There were too few occasions like that or the team just messed up the strategies even more than we've seen.

I have a feeling the Scuderia will never be successful during the V6 Turbo era no matter what other regulations they change. It's not 1982-1983 anymore and I believe we're closer to the end of Formula 1 than a new beginning.
    i have my hopes but I would be very surprised if Ferrari are a top 3 team next year. They are not giving off an air of confidence about their chances.

Forza Ferrari

i have my hopes but I would be very surprised if Ferrari are a top 3 team next year. They are not giving off an air of confidence about their chances.
    I think top three is really possible, but a distant one. That means It would be hard be regular podium contenders.
    God I hope I'm wrong..... it seems we shifted our resources pretty early so there is still hope.

Maybe topic should be name "Project 668" as we don't know name yet

Scuderia Ferrari SF17-H

Marko thinks RedBull will be fighting for titles next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    I do to

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Well they have upper hand dont they? Testing 2017 rubber, been involved in developing 2017 tech regs. Merc and Red Bull at the front for sure. Wonder how far will Ferrari be. Honestly I would like them at the front fighting for the win because its hard to watch Ferrari doing winless seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by F1NAC View Post
    Well they have upper hand dont they? Testing 2017 rubber, been involved in developing 2017 tech regs. Merc and Red Bull at the front for sure. Wonder how far will Ferrari be. Honestly I would like them at the front fighting for the win because its hard to watch Ferrari doing winless seasons.
    Very hard to say we both don't have a magic glass balls , i think if FERRARI DONES RIGHT would be possible to win the next season. (Tight packaging, maybe smaller copper fin radiators, better power unit design, smother shapes) With the pirelli testing, i think ferrari got's some nice information of things like friction levels, weight distribution, etc. with their decent power unit meaybe they could get a bit more podiums. Still the engine is everything, around the engine the car must being designed. So... an efficient engine is the key xD

Well, ferrari must done the right things to success in this Hybrid-Turbo era, but only doing right everything, With a team with so much money and dedication, should be minimally possible, maybe is time to look the rivals. For example Mercedes power unit layout and redbull aerodynamics, obviusly you don't gonna to get their engineers, but is possible just copy them, i seen the SF-16H shapes and i think if they were more "smooth" it could beeing a better car in aerodynamic terms, maybe a bit more "stable"

To much chassis and not enought engine, and will happen the same as Red Bull in 2015, too much power and you will be fightning in the middle of the table as best, like williams in this 2016 season.

Quote Originally Posted by F1NAC View Post
    We tested the tyres just as much as Red Bull did.
    Forza Ferrari

Yeah - we just seem a bit more rubbish at making the whole package work, sadly!

I think we need a Ross (or a Flavio !?!) at the top. Not sure that fits Italian/ Ferrari-style governance though..
    Trying to be less angry..

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post
    Yeah - we just seem a bit more rubbish at making the whole package work, sadly!

I think we need a Ross (or a Flavio !?!) at the top. Not sure that fits Italian/ Ferrari-style governance though..
    Flavio for sure!

I have 0 expectations for next year.
    Given the new set of rules, I expect we will start the year with an uninspired car, and then spend the rest of the season trying to copy RBR and Merc's ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Red is Best View Post
    I have 0 expectations for next year.
    Given the new set of rules, I expect we will start the year with an uninspired car, and then spend the rest of the season trying to copy RBR and Merc's ideas.
    somehow 2017 doesn't give me that "warm and fuzzy feeling" and sadly i tend to agree with what you said....unless Ferrari will probe both of us wrong along with all of us here

I would not be bothered at all with any kind of rumors, news, pictures, anything regarding new car, until first race and I actual see the performance. Seeing is believing!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    I would not be bothered at all with any kind of rumors, news, pictures, anything regarding new car, until first race and I actual see the performance. Seeing is believing!
    Don't worry RB played cards to their strength for next year rule change.
    It will dominate for next couple of years. Wtever the team is we will always b playing a catch up stuff.
    Hope Ferrari proves me wrong, but it's a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Don't worry RB played cards to their strength for next year rule change.
    It will dominate for next couple of years. Wtever the team is we will always b playing a catch up stuff.
    Hope Ferrari proves me wrong, but it's a fact.
    I don't worry and I am not getting high (or any) hopes, in my defense, I have been to many times for the past who knows how many years hyped about preseason... everything. Now I am just numb... Waiting to see what will happen in Australian GP.