Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF70H

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    Sport must be so boring when you've already decided on the outcome. I actually pity your boring life.
    Reality isn't so bad once you get used to it.

Yeah it surely seems that way now.

We can't further develop our chassis it seems while the taxi's fixed their woes and drinks company is catching us to and like last year they will probably pass us then and let's hope we already got enough points in the bag to secure the 2nd WCC place.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Ferrari's engine department not good enough

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    Yeah it surely seems that way now.

We can't further develop our chassis it seems while the taxi's fixed their woes and drinks company is catching us to and like last year they will probably pass us then and let's hope we already got enough points in the bag to secure the 2nd WCC place.
    Yeah we already conquered that 2nd place in WCC.
    1st place seem to be out of reach race by race.
    It's like mercs sharing the wins, if ham have bad weekend bottas is taking the win. Vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Ferrari's engine department not good enough
    Hmm by looking at the mercs modes, i agree with you. Ferrari engine is weak.

People talking about strong RB...They were 1 second behind in quali. Absolutely nowhere tbh. Its Merc that is relentness.

It all went wrong when the brakes caught fire. Dont know IF that was the reason for Sebs poor start. But had we cleared Ves at the start we would have had a total different race. We are at the halfway point and to see that most of you are giving up is really depressing. I get the frustration, I feel it too, but stop all the whining for gods sake.
    We have some good races ahead of us. Next one should be ok. Im sure Singapore will be ok.
    And I do belive that we will step up our developments. I think we have pinned to much hope on a miracle enginge with 50+ HP and innovative injection etc etc.
    Looking at RB its not all down to enginge. We can still develop the rest of the package to become a real title contender.
    Have a little faith for the guys who already has surpassed most of our expectations this year to also deliver good upgrades in the upcoming races.
    Mercedes will also hit a few bumps before this season is over. Keep your heads down  And be positive 

Well said

Ferrari needs to hire engineers from Porsche / Audi WEC to show them how to build a hybrid engine.
    The WEC guys will destroy Merc in there own game in F1 if they were here but not interested in the instability in the F1 rules at the moment.
    What's the rules on boost pressure in F1.

Does anybody notice how forgiving the Merc car to tyres post-Monaco? Bottas managed to start and last more than 30 laps with used Soft tyre and still have good lap times in the end of soft stint. I think our lost in Silverstone was more than by "oil burn issue" on our engine but Merc somehow had exploited their "pre-heated chassis component" to the limit and resulting in a major breakthrough in race pace. Look how planted Merc car in fast and sweeping Silverstone corner. This was never witnessed in the early part of the season.

2 tyres failures,oil burning issue sounds like we have a spy in the camp conspiracy

Quote Originally Posted by giulia View Post
    Does anybody notice how forgiving the Merc car to tyres post-Monaco? Bottas managed to start and last more than 30 laps with used Soft tyre and still have good lap times in the end of soft stint. I think our lost in Silverstone was more than by "oil burn issue" on our engine but Merc somehow had exploited their "pre-heated chassis component" to the limit and resulting in a major breakthrough in race pace. Look how planted Merc car in fast and sweeping Silverstone corner. This was never witnessed in the early part of the season.
    suspension system for the Mercs - Hyrdaulic actuators preheated in the gearbox. Took some time for them to get it callobrated as they cooked their tyres in a couple of GP's

in the beginning. They seem to have sorted out their tyre issue and maximize efficiency of tyre wear. This is related to their FRIC system setup that the Merc's have(past

tense) for the past 2+ yrs. until banned this year. Hydraulic actuators are in; spring loaded suspension systems are out.

Tire failures were unlucky. But all is not lost, we are still ahead! Its all to fight for...

Fighting Spirit is missing on this forum...
    Last edited by jragona; 17th July 2017 at 10:09.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    suspension system for the Mercs - Hyrdaulic actuators preheated in the gearbox. Took some time for them to get it callobrated as they cooked their tyres in a couple of GP's

in the beginning. They seem to have sorted out their tyre issue and maximize efficiency of tyre wear. This is related to their FRIC system setup that the Merc's have(past

tense) for the past 2+ yrs. until banned this year. Hydraulic actuators are in; spring loaded suspension systems are out.
    if they where able to do this in a few months, maybe we can do the same

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    I don't think so Zike (I know your frustrated and pessimistic about the rest of the season and offer constructive critisiscm; respect that).

Ferrari does not have this system....yet. Maybe for 2018. Others on the grid are using this....including Redbull.

This was posted an hour ago about Toto Wolff and the W08 getting set-up just right should you want to read.

Mercedes warns it is getting on top of 2017 F1 car after British GP win

http://www.autosport.com/news/report...king-true-pace

I believe they already prepared FRIC alternative since last year due to rumour about FIA's decision to ban FRIC in 2017. Ferrari's clarification was only the final nail in the coffin.
    Fortunately, this alternative technology was revealed and detailed by some boffins in the paddock just before summer break (I believe the rumour has been circulated as early as Azeri GP) so we'll have enough time to study, assess, and develop similar system to suit our car (hopefully we'll see some improvement in Spa).
    After the summer break, I predict we have to do major improvement in aerodynamics and vehicle dynamics to attack Merc and stay away from RB. And because PU disparity is getting smaller, I don't expect much power will be gained in the remaining year because there's finite energy that can be extracted from 105kg of fuel and I think we'll hit the boundary sooner rather than later.

I fear our plan was for a bigger engine step at Silverstone in line with our cycle, but, possibly linked to the sudden move for Sassi, we couldn't make it happen. Just being paranoid I hope, and Ferrari have plans in hand to get more speed. I'm still daring to believe it's all to play for. Come on Ferrari!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I don't think so Zike (I know your frustrated and pessimistic about the rest of the season and offer constructive critisiscm; respect that).

Ferrari does not have this system....yet. Maybe for 2018. Others on the grid are using this....including Redbull.

This was posted an hour ago about Toto Wolff and the W08 getting set-up just right should you want to read.
    I thought the same, its starting to look like 2016 all over again

Never give up guys, never stop believing. It will get better mark my words guys, we will strike back!

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Never give up guys, never stop believing. It will get better mark my words guys, we will strike back!
    I will beleive when I see a big udpate in the car/PU.
    The Ferrari is basicaly the same car that started the season, just minor differences mostly track specific, while Merc has already significally upgraded their aero and it shows in the results.
    Merc. won't stand still so Ferrari has to up their development game a lot if they want to win this championship.
    I won't call it off, but I'm really worried.

No team in the f1 history has solved it's problems in the span of 10 days as the Mercedes did or as some say.. The Mercedes tyre drama almost looks like an orchestrated drama by them in order to spice things a little bit in the beginning.. It also could be that they may be wanted to show themselves as a super good/human team which can solve even the worst problems within days.... Conclusion is never believe the crap the mrecs say.... This season is very unreal.....
    FERRARI FOREVER...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zerocool View Post
    No team in the f1 history has solved it's problems in the span of 10 days as the Mercedes did or as some say.. The Mercedes tyre drama almost looks like an orchestrated drama by them in order to spice things a little bit in the beginning.. It also could be that they may be wanted to show themselves as a super good/human team which can solve even the worst problems within days.... Conclusion is never believe the crap the mrecs say.... This season is very unreal.....
    Yeah, you are probably right, I smell something.. fishy...

Quote Originally Posted by Zerocool View Post
    Conclusion is never believe the crap the mrecs say.... This season is very unreal.....
    Good point, some people will believe anything that's put out there.

I thought the same, its starting to look like 2016 all over again
    We're in a better place: closer to Merc and not as harried by Red Bull as some think. We need a strong showing in Hungary to get the momentum back, though.

We're in a better place: closer to Merc and not as harried by Red Bull as some think
    But RB are causing trouble at start of race for us team playing into Merc hands to help them and then we need to push making up lost time.

Quote Originally Posted by Golfsmith View Post
    But RB are causing trouble at start of race for us team playing into Merc hands to help them and then we need to push making up lost time.
    That's why pole position is so important this season with these tyres.

Quote Originally Posted by Golfsmith View Post
    That's not happened before Silverstone. Point is, there isn't a massive performance gap to Mercedes and we've a good base to develop on.

After last year's British GP: Kimi (closest Ferrari) finished 70 seconds behind the winning Mercedes #44, Vettel was 73 points behind Rosberg in the WDC, Ferrari were 131 points behind Mercedes, and we all know how the car went.

I think we are still on the downswing from Baku and everything after so the perception is more negative and dire than things really are.

We need to improve for sure but all is not lost.
    Last edited by killer; 18th July 2017 at 07:30.

aside from a more powerful PU, what can Ferrari do?

Are you saying our car is 100% perfect?

Quote Originally Posted by Settantasette View Post
    Are you saying our car is 100% perfect?
    I'm asking how can it be improved.