Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF70H

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    So Ferrari could show the same, does not mean it works.....clearly. But the point is when Lewis joined Merc most pundits thought it was a mistake....
    When you work on something for several years and others just start, you are bound to have a big advantage.

Attachment 6850
    Vettel crash ends Ferrari’s wet weather test for Pirelli (f1fanatic pub Feb. 9, 2017)

Sebastian Vettel’s wet weather tyre test at Fiorano has been brought to a halt following a crash at the beginning of his afternoon runs.

The Ferrari driver went off and made contact with a barrier but is understood to be unhurt following the crash.

Vettel was using the team’s ‘mule’ car based on the SF15-T to simulate the increased downforce levels of this year’s cars. Pirelli is conducting further tests of its new, wider wet weather tyres following criticism of how they have performed in recent rain-hit events.

Antonio Giovinazzi is due to take over the car on Friday for the final day of the test.

Sebastian Vettel had been drafted in to update Pirelli on the progress of their wet weather tyre, but the first day of testing at Scuderia Ferrari‘s Fiorano Circuit ended prematurely after the German lost control of the car on the descent following the right-hander after the bridge crossing, on what is thought to have been a warm-up lap.

Vettel escaped unharmed but the mule car suffered extensive damage from a head-on impact with the barriers, and testing was subsequently abandoned. His car has been transferred back to Maranello factory where the decision will be made during Thursday evening whether it is salvageable for the next scheduled test, taking place on Friday.

Pirelli are putting their new compound through its paces on a modified Ferrari car and an artificially-wetted circuit. Their urgency to complete the testing stems from the announcement that all restarts following a safety car this season will be standing starts on the grid. Drivers had criticised last season’s tyre for taking too long to reach an optimum temperature, and have raised their concerns that the lack of blankets before a restart will only make things more dangerous.

If all goes ahead as planned on Friday, Ferrari’s third driver Antonio Giovinazzi will be taking over in the driving seat.
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    ^this....he should have brought some key members with him from red fools
    There is a good chance that some of the guys wanted to move from RB with SEB but didn't because they would have to move to Italy!!! Sometimes i wonder if Ferrari could split its base like the HAAS team have done (US/UK) and have the majority of the work done in Italy but also a base in the UK. We would have kept JA or even Adrian N probably could be convinced to switch sides.

They did that before when John Barnard insisted on staying in the uk but that didn't work out too well.
    Murray - "...and there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!"

James - "Well, that should put them out then"

Quote Originally Posted by No1.FerrariFan! View Post
    There is a good chance that some of the guys wanted to move from RB with SEB but didn't because they would have to move to Italy!!! Sometimes i wonder if Ferrari could split its base like the HAAS team have done (US/UK) and have the majority of the work done in Italy but also a base in the UK. We would have kept JA or even Adrian N probably could be convinced to switch sides.
    I agree with this.....times have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony79 View Post
    They did that before when John Barnard insisted on staying in the uk but that didn't work out too well.
    This is true. Back then Ferrari had a design office(GTO) in the UK. Enzo needed the carbon fibre pioneer and was able to make an enormous concession. Today, the UK is the "silicon valley" in the F1 world when it comes to hiring a talented pool of engineers, aerodynamacists, and so on. Almost everyone is there with the exception of Ferrari and Sauber. Today, you can hold a conference call with everyone in the room or garage via a host of "communications link" and do it globally plus share the info in Terabytes in real time. Nothing against Italy as it is a beautiful country and the people are just as along with the food. English is the language when it comes to the engineering aspect of F1 and hardly anybody in Italy speaks this. Plus you take into account the geographics of moving a whole family, earthquakes and the instability of country economically.......it is difficult for someone on the outside to move there. As far as the road car, that stays in Maranello!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post

This is true. Back then Ferrari had a design office(GTO) in the UK. Enzo needed the carbon fibre pioneer and was able to make an enormous concession. Today, the UK is the "silicon valley" in the F1 world when it comes to hiring a talented pool of engineers, aerodynamacists, and so on. Almost everyone is there with the exception of Ferrari and Sauber. Today, you can hold a conference call with everyone in the room or garage via a host of "communications link" and do it globally plus share the info in Terabytes in real time. Nothing against Italy as it is a beautiful country and the people are just as along with the food. English is the language when it comes to the engineering aspect of F1 and hardly anybody in Italy speaks this. Plus you take into account the geographics of moving a whole family, earthquakes and the instability of country economically.......it is difficult for someone on the outside to move there. As far as the road car, that stays in Maranello!!!!!

Right. No one in Ferrari know an ounce of English. All communications are done through interpreters? I wonder how did Brawn, Schumacher, Todt, Key, Allen, Tombasiz ever manage?

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Right. No one in Ferrari know an ounce of English. All communications are done through interpreters? I wonder how did Brawn, Schumacher, Todt, Key, Allen, Tombasiz ever manage?
    I think, respectfully, don't take their point out of context to prove your own. They were clearly talking broadly about Italy, not Ferrari, and reasons why someone traditionally based in the U.K. may be unwilling to relocate to Italy. And they're fair points.

Ferrari/Vettel scrub day 2 of wet weather testing with Pirelli:

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/fe...1-test-872606/

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    I think, respectfully, don't take their point out of context to prove your own. They were clearly talking broadly about Italy, not Ferrari, and reasons why someone traditionally based in the U.K. may be unwilling to relocate to Italy. And they're fair points.
    Well he states that english is the language of engineering, so I assumed he was talking about engineers not being able to communicate due to language issues. My 'point' was that Ferrari has managed this before with many different non-Italians. They tried having 2 separate bases like Grieg mentioned and it didn't work. Being in Italy may discourage some, but will it really help to have a satellite facility? How often do non-Brits say they won't work in the UK because it's too far from home, or the people don't speak German, French etc. I think the language argument is not a valid one. People will go where the work and the money is.

Well he states that english is the language of engineering, so I assumed he was talking about engineers not being able to communicate due to language issues. My 'point' was that Ferrari has managed this before with many different non-Italians. They tried having 2 separate bases like Grieg mentioned and it didn't work. Being in Italy may discourage some, but will it really help to have a satellite facility? How often do non-Brits say they won't work in the UK because it's too far from home, or the people don't speak German, French etc. I think the language argument is not a valid one. People will go where the work and the money is.
    Your right.....to an extent. Some non-brits or germans, russians, french, whomever ARE willing to make the move to the UK givin they already understand the English language. In Italy its somewhat different with the Italian language along with the other criteria as to why "talented F1" personnel will not move to Italy. Hardly anyone moves to Italy with the notion that they have an understanding of the Italian language. Imagine your family walking around town while your at work and trying to get around and they have to ask for directions and then to understand.....So it is a valid arguement along with everything else that I have stated.

Your right.....to an extent. Some non-brits or germans, russians, french, whomever ARE willing to make the move to the UK givin they already understand the English language. In Italy its somewhat different with the Italian language along with the other criteria as to why "talented F1" personnel will not move to Italy. Hardly anyone moves to Italy with the notion that they have an understanding of the Italian language. Imagine your family walking around town while your at work and trying to get around and they have to ask for directions and then to understand.....So it is a valid arguement along with everything else that I have stated.
    People adapt. If they want to work for Ferrari, they will. When I was in Italy, almost everyone spoke some english, especially the younger people who were quite fluent. Wasn't very hard to get around. Italy isn't a cocoon. Went to visit the wife's family in Scotland... it was harder to understand them.

Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

F1 2017: Ferrari is reviewing the car project in 2017.

There are now about ten days earlier in the week dedicated to the Formula 1 cars presentations that will participate in the World Championship 2017. A season that to what we have to understand is quite expected by many fans since the regulatory change that will make the more appealing cars and aggressive can lead according to many insiders more performance on the track works. We FUnoAnalisiTecnica we are not so convinced and again we have already expressed our doubts about the 2017 regulatory changes that could even re-expand the performance between Mercedes and other Top Team.

The month of February is perhaps the month along with the one in January in all the factories where there is the greatest pressure on the employees of the year (not only engineers) because on one hand you have to finish the work on the cars in preparation for the early season tests, on the other begin to arrive the first rumors about the output data from other simulators Team .

Days frantic especially in that of Maranello because, as understood from FUnoAnalisiTecnica , the engineers of the Italian team do not seem very happy with the output data from the wind tunnel and simulator as we wrote among other things also in the final part of this article . Formula 1 is a pretty top secret world, but our readers should know that the various Team, a little 'how to have fun FUnoAnalisiTecnica us (in a less demanding course), they try to figure out how strong should be the cars of the main competitors. Thanks to the latest information coming from Maranello on tables in recent weeks, in Ferrari they realized that the car originally conceived will not be particularly competitive with the new, high-performance Mercedes W08 and therefore it was decided to try to make any substantial changes to the project 2017 during construction; the first project only started by James Allison was finished in a hurry by Rory Byrne for not arrive unprepared in the eight-day pre-season test.

Many of the interventions that the technicians are currently designing Ferrari will be substantial enough to make us think that we could even during the season (the first European races?) A Ferrari in B version with many changes compared to that which will be presented on 24th of this month and who will play is the test that the first races of the season. How understood and to be the most accurate we have to tell you, about the advances on the Ferrari 2017 we gave you not too long ago that the ' step increase of between 10 and 15 cm with respect to 2016 was linked to the car information B a few weeks ago in this part it is in the wind tunnel . Ferrari have decided to further extend the pace over the first project designed in Maranello who counted on a step of the car very similar in 2017 to that of 2016. As well as the car Ferrari also Mercedes, Red Bull and McLaren will go to increase the footsteps of their cars in 2016 , confirming the FUnoAnalisiTecnica anticipation of a few weeks ago where we had indicated the importance of a lengthening of pace compared to last season.
    Attachment 6851
    In addition to ' interest changed thanks mainly to a revision of the rear axle , in Maranello are conducting further work to increase the downforce of the car whose 2017 basic version is very lacking.

To try to compensate for lack of cargo, banks are trying to squeeze as much as possible the new Power Unit Italian pulling out the maximum number of horses. Power that could become critical to Ferrari in the first part of the World in 2017, this is to limit the damage on the main competitors.

In conclusion, the latest information collected on the Italian team are not at all positive and indeed the situation that is taking shape is worse than expected . It would be understood FUnoAnalisiTecnica must therefore expect a rather red in difficulty in the early part of the season with a detachment from Mercedes W08 higher than that with which the car had finished the 2016 season; hoping that the changes brought forward by the engineers of the Italian Team give the expected results in the current season.

Source:http://www.f1analisitecnica.com/2017/02/f1-2017-la-ferrari-sta-rivedendo-il.html?refresh&m=1
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Went to visit the wife's family in Scotland... it was harder to understand them.
    Forza Ferrari

Fire-up of the new Ferrari 668: done ✅��#Motorsport
    https://twitter.com/Gianludale27/sta...00783370731522
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post

Source:http://www.f1analisitecnica.com/2017/02/f1-2017-la-ferrari-sta-rivedendo-il.html?refresh&m=1
    I guess we'd better gear up for 2018.

LOL, speaking English in the garage is frowned upon, but anywhere outside the garage, English is fine and as I have many friends there, I can tell you that almost all of them speak and write English, some of them better than most here in the states.. A lot of the mechanics learn English from music, American songs, etc. A few of my buddies learned their English by listening to John Denver, and believe it or not, a lot of the guys are Denver Bronco's fans...
    Last edited by GrndLkNatv; 10th February 2017 at 20:00.
    President, Scuderia Ferrari Club of Denver - The Official Passion
    http://www.scuderiaferrari.club
    denver@scuderiaferrari.club

I guess we'd better gear up for 2018.

based on the article it sure sounds like it....

I can't say if any of this is true or not, but I do know the guys are putting in some super long hours lately, 7 days a week, and I can also tell you that they really like working on the new car. Of course we don't discuss details, would never ask them, but 18+ hour days is the norm right now.
    President, Scuderia Ferrari Club of Denver - The Official Passion
    http://www.scuderiaferrari.club
    denver@scuderiaferrari.club

I can not open the link, what does it say?

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    That the car that we have right now (for 17) is not good enough to compete with the new Merc (and probably RBR) .Tha data is no good.
    And that the team is working in a b-spec for later the season (spain??!!) and they hope that that car could do the job!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    Dunno. It's written in Italian. If they could only speak/write English like everyone else we wouldn't have these problems.

That the car that we have right now (for 17) is not good enough to compete with the new Merc (and probably RBR) .Tha data is no good.
    And that the team is working in a b-spec for later the season (spain??!!) and they hope that that car could do the job!!
    Thanks for the article Pure Passion and THE TRANSLATION WHICH IS ABOVE for those that cannot read Italian.......which is most of us.

Dunno. It's written in Italian. If they could only speak/write English like everyone else we wouldn't have these problems.
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Scary article. It sounds like the 09-13 era all over again. Goodbye hopes and dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    Scary article. It sounds like the 09-13 era all over again. Goodbye hopes and dreams.
    OR maybe it's some sandbagging from Ferrari.....coming from the 2016 preaseson test when Marchione wanted Ferrari to win from the first race.....maybe this year he's downplaying everything in order to catch the opposition in order to "catch them with their pants down" if you know what i mean.

we'll ONLY know the real truth come quali in OZ.....as even winter testing won't reveal much as everyone will keep "their cards" close to their chests

just my 0.02 cents worth

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    OR maybe it's some sandbagging from Ferrari.....coming from the 2016 preaseson test when Marchione wanted Ferrari to win from the first race.....maybe this year he's downplaying everything in order to catch the opposition in order to "catch them with their pants down" if you know what i mean.

we'll ONLY know the real truth come quali in OZ.....as even winter testing won't reveal much as everyone will keep "their cards" close to their chests

just my 0.02 cents worth
    I agree! And I can assure you, I'm hoping so more than anything! I've already got my bets placed for A Seb/Ferrari WDC/WCC

To be honest, for the last couple of days I am just reading these posts about new Ferrari F1 car and I am... numb. I am not bothered at all. Negative or positeve. Not at all. I'll stick to mine, SEEING IS BELEIVING!!!

Yes, stefa, all those articles mean nothing. I have set my mindset a long time ago so that I cannot be disappointed anymore. I am mentaly ready for this season like never before :)
    All the talks about completely new design from the scratch, new cards on the table, that is simply not true. Every team's car will just be a natural evolution of the previous designs because I think teams use their knowledge and experience and tend to use similar ways as in the past. There is only a chance that their designs and ideas are going to be more effective or suitable for the new set of technical rulles.

Odesláno z mého LG-H955 pomocí Tapatalk