Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF70H

so realistically what are our chances in Monza?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Yeah it wouldn't make much sense using the new engine in Monza when it has an oil burning restriction unless it's that much of an upgrade to make it faster than the current Merc engine.
    Leaving aside reliability concerns, for me it's easy to decide, Is the new engine, using .9 liters of oil/100km, faster than the old one using 1.2l?
    That's the only thing that matters.

And to make it clear, engines N° 1, 2 and 3 will still be allowed to burn 1.2l , it's only PU N°4 that gets the .9l restriction

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    In Quali I think they are slim

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    i think so too...given that the Merc will use a newish engine which if i'm not mistaken it's supposed to bring them somewhere around 2 tenths of a second gain compared to it's predecessor, and if Ferrari are opting NOT to use the #4 engine for this race due to possible reliability concerns OR due to it ONLY being allowed to consume 0.9l of oil, then i guess mercedes will easily lock the front row, unless they mess up their set up for quali

race day is another story as anything can happen...so all in all we're going to wait and see how Ferrari will aproach this weekend.

Forza FERRARI.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    reading that article does NOT give me a warm and fuzzy feeling about the NEW spec engine #4; they seem to have run it in the HAAS cars but from reading this article it seems that there may be some reliabilty concerns and that Ferrari may NOT run it in Monza...

oh, as as far as "steel" pistons being in the updated engine, well i guess this article also states taht ther is NO such thing for this engine....so that's a downer also...

dont' know how credible this source is, but let's hope for the best from Ferrari
    Yeah I had the same feeling....... And with an old engine our chances of winning the home race are smaller and smaller
    i think so too...given that the Merc will use a newish engine which if i'm not mistaken it's supposed to bring them somewhere around 2 tenths of a second gain compared to it's predecessor, and if Ferrari are opting NOT to use the #4 engine for this race due to possible reliability concerns OR due to it ONLY being allowed to consume 0.9l of oil, then i guess mercedes will easily lock the front row, unless they mess up their set up for quali

race day is another story as anything can happen...so all in all we're going to wait and see how Ferrari will aproach this weekend.

Forza FERRARI.
    Guys this is our home race don't u think our engineers would have been gunning for this race..? After all this is the only season which has been a lot better than the others recently.. so I personally think we'd be throwing everything for this race.. so let's be optimistic until the official statement of the upgrade arrives..!!!
    FERRARI FOREVER...!!!

as of now folks dont worrie to much as of now rain friday and saturday nice on race day.that should level the playing field for quali

Quote Originally Posted by djmorin27 View Post
    as of now folks dont worrie to much as of now rain friday and saturday nice on race day.that should level the playing field for quali
    that's what i heard they said rain for friday adn saturday.....so let's hope with a wet track Seb will put it on POLE adn come sunday when weather will be sunny and dry he'll disappear into the distance....hey, that's all we can wish for right???

I think about as good as Spa, unless Ferrari pulls some rabbits out of its hat.

Disappointed Since 2010

Monza will be all about pole position. If we can get out front then we can get the win. I think we were the faster car in Spa. Vettle caught up to Hamilton quite easily after the first round of stops.. it was just all about track position.

I'm still fascinated by Ferrari's rumoured use of steel pistons, which is virtually unheard of anywhere. The 3d component comes in by fabricating an intricately shaped heat sink that's fixed to the underside of the piston crown. The use of steel means the engine will withstand higher stresses, detonation, etc brought on the 16:1 + compression ratio. However, they've been able to trim the weight of the piston by the use of a thinner piston crown due to the heat-sink to keep heat under control. Overall, the steel piston is slightly heavier than an forged alloy piston, but it appears that the reliability gained by the steel piston improves dramatically under the extreme loadings it will now be up against. AS I've said in the past, I'm not expecting outright HP gains, but rather greater fuel efficiency and perhaps greater lower RPM driveability. Not sure if this engine will be used at the next upgrade in Monza.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Monza will be all about pole position. If we can get out front then we can get the win. I think we were the faster car in Spa. Vettle caught up to Hamilton quite easily after the first round of stops.. it was just all about track position.
    i would really like if we win Monza, i cant stand watching Louse on the top spot in our home race

i would really like if we win Monza, i cant stand watching Louse on the top spot in our home race
    lol Louse!

I hope ferrari can beat those rats at monza too

I really don't know what to think about upcoming race at Monza...

go here and vote for our guys please http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/124...st-ever-driver

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    I really don't know what to think about upcoming race at Monza...
    Well, it's a Merc track really. Aim is only podium. However, after that comes Singapore where we should dominate.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Well, it's a Merc track really. Aim is only podium. However, after that comes Singapore where we should dominate.
    People said the same about Spa and we had the faster car

1-2 at Monza then dominate at Singapore for good measure.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post

I agree that it was pretty close and closer than expected but i feel like Merc still had the edge. You really believe Lewis when he says we had the faster car? Even if we are better in race pace, we really need to improve in qualy.

who was it that said we had the FASTER car??? was it that rat Leuise?? or the other rat, Totto????
    i wouldnt' trust either of them as far as i can throw them.....

even if let's say, arbitrarily we had teh "faster" car during the race....nowadays it matters more to be fast in Quali, then keep position during the race like the Mercs do

who was it that said we had the FASTER car??? was it that rat Leuise?? or the other rat, Totto????
    i wouldnt' trust either of them as far as i can throw them.....

even if let's say, arbitrarily we had teh "faster" car....nowadays it matters more to be fast in Quali, then keep position during the race like the Mercs do
    Vettel did said it

Go Ferrari go!
    Sent using Tapatalk
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

Quote Originally Posted by Aberracus View Post
    Vettel did said it

Go Ferrari go!
    Sent using Tapatalk
    well obviously NOT FAST enough to pass them, now was it???
    IF we had the faster car it shoudl have been a "walk in the park" for us and we would have WON the race, NO???
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

well obviously NOT FAST enough to pass them, now was it???
    IF we had the faster car it shoudl have been a "walk in the park" for us and we would have WON the race, NO???
    Really ? VET was in dirty air all the race, ALL
    Not faster on qualy but fast on the race, that's what VET said.

Go Ferrari go!
    Sent using Tapatalk
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

Quote Originally Posted by Aberracus View Post
    Really ? VET was in dirty air all the race, ALL
    Not faster on qualy but fast on the race, that's what VET said.

Go Ferrari go!
    Sent using Tapatalk
    again, you're NOT getting my point..............being faster (as Seb said) means you should be able to pass the "slower" car, yet he wasn't....

even after the safety car restart when Seb was on much softer tires (ultra soft) and hamilston was on Soft tires, down the straight after Eau rouge they were both going the same speed when Seb pulled out of the slipstream....so he wsa NOT faster, otherwise he woudl have pass Luise

Faster car can't pass slower car....yeah that never happens...welcome to F1 in 2017 LOL why act like it can't happen when it happens every race? Look at Hungary when the a slow Seb was under no threat due to the dirty air...
    Forza Ferrari

Faster car can't pass slower car....yeah that never happens...welcome to F1 in 2017 LOL why act like it can't happen when it happens every race? Look at Hungary when the a slow Seb was under no threat due to the dirty air...
    Seb was not under threat because Kimi was told not to risk it.

Another race where Merc is supposed to shine. Not sure if Seb and Kimi can challenge for the win in dry conditions. After this its Singapore I believe, which is Seb country so 2nd for Seb in Monza will not be a disaster by any means

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Another race where Merc is supposed to shine. Not sure if Seb and Kimi can challenge for the win in dry conditions. After this its Singapore I believe, which is Seb country so 2nd for Seb in Monza will not be a disaster by any means
    I was thinking this too. If we can get a 2-3 and a 1-2 in Singapore, I will be very happy.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    I was thinking this too. If we can get a 2-3 and a 1-2 in Singapore, I will be very happy.
    i'm thinking more like WIN in monza and another win in Singapore.....now thats; more like my alley....ha, ha...
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Driver pts. currently:

Vettel..........220pts

Hamilton......213pts

Bottas..........179pts

Ricci.............132pts

Raikkonen.....128pts

Constructors currently:

Mercedes ......392pts

Ferrari...........348pts

8 more races left.

i'm thinking more like WIN in monza and another win in Singapore.....now thats; more like my alley....ha, ha...
    I'm thinkng the same but let's add some Singapore bad luck for Lewis as it seems to be a bogey race for him

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Seb was not under threat because Kimi was told not to risk it.
    You missed the point but never mind, and Kimi was not told anything
    Forza Ferrari