Page 46 of 114 FirstFirst ... 2132333435363738394041424344454647484950515253545556575859607196 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 3405

Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF70H

T wings and shark fins banned from 2018

Why Vettel named his car Gina? - Australian GP 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JM4lON7bNs

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    already? is this true?
    Forza Ferrari

they are contemplating it....it has not been set in stone or been set as a rule.....YET

Quote Originally Posted by fmatiasii View Post
    already? is this true?
    Also waiting the link to back his statement up. I would understand and anticipate the T-Wing to get banned though.

This might shake things up

Skickat från min E6553 via Tapatalk

Sorry, the T wing and shark fins not banned for 2018 yet but expected to be banned.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report...or-ban-in-2018

Sorry, the T wing and shark fins not banned for 2018 yet but expected to be banned.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report...or-ban-in-2018
    they should BAN them anyways....they are ugly and it totally ruins the way an F1 car should look like

that is just my thought on this

Haha karma is a .....

Horner and Wolf: We don"t need to change our suspension we asked the FIA and it's conform with the rules bla bla yada yada...

Brings a tear of happiness to my eye.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

New rear bodywork for Melbourne

New season is beginning!!!! Yeah!!! So excited over here!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    New season is beginning!!!! Yeah!!! So excited over here!!!!
    I know right! I'll even get up early tomorrow to watch practice.

There are some great pictures posted on this site.

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/f...-11946791.html

Quote Originally Posted by Rosso Corsa View Post
    The Oz spec rear bodywork looks more tapered then the testing bodywork. Glad to see developements brought to the first race already
    Last edited by mizf1; 23rd March 2017 at 21:47.

Does it look like the white section of our bargeboards has gotten shorter since testing?

Are there any photos of our gearbox? Internal or external! Last seasons #1 menace! Tyres, areo changes , on and on, mean nothing if our gearbox DNFs either car!

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    Does it look like the white section of our bargeboards has gotten shorter since testing?
    It looks shorter but it's just the livery that's changed.

Anybody has more pictures of the car? To see if we have more updates? Can't fine any that I can see closely.
    Thanks

"Big things have small beginings"
    "Perseverence is power"

I think this media ban is wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Nomore View Post
    I think this media ban is wrong
    In my view, it is the correct way to handle the pressure which is mounting on ferrari as was seen last year from vet, MA & SM statements.

On the other hand, whatever news that ferrari release to the media, they are turning that into different angle.

so for time being, media ban is a good solution.

Can somebody paste this from Autosport plus "Why Ferrari's testing pace is looking like a false idol"

When Formula 1 left Barcelona behind and packed its freight off to Australia, Ferrari's electrifying testing pace suggested maybe, just maybe, Mercedes might face a genuine fight to retain its iron grip on the world championship in 2017.

Kimi Raikkonen set a scorching test pace, without even using the softest available tyre compound; Sebastian Vettel was so confident in his Ferrari that he felt he could afford to play mind games by deliberately lifting off the throttle on his quickest laps.

The Ferrari looked to be the best of 2017's new breed of F1 cars on the track too - stable, driveable, fast, consistent. It set the pace in longer running as well, and looked in genuinely decent shape ahead of the first race weekend. After stumbling in 2016, the Prancing Horse looked to have its gallop back.

Mercedes spent much of the pre-season talking up Ferrari's form too. Lewis Hamilton reckoned the Scuderia was the favourite, and said he was struggling to dial a decent set-up into his own car. Mercedes admitted some aspects of its new chassis weren't working perfectly, and the car also looked more difficult to drive and less consistent than the Ferrari.

But Vettel sounded a note of caution when he suggested that Mercedes was still the favourite, despite Hamilton's contrary suggestions and Ferrari's impressive testing pace. Vettel's three-tenths-per-lap advantage over Hamilton during race simulations in testing - usually the most representative barometer of pace in that environment - actually looked quite shaky when you considered that Hamilton did his race running in the first week, before Mercedes updated its car and engine.

Judging by the electric pace Hamilton set in Friday practice for the Australian Grand Prix, Vettel was absolutely right to be wary of Mercedes' true form. Hamilton struck a big first blow to the hearts of all those who hoped Ferrari might have Mercedes on the ropes by comfortably topping the timesheet, getting within a tenth of the fastest-ever lap of Melbourne's Albert Park circuit - which put him more than half a second up on Vettel.

PURE PACE RANKING
    1. Mercedes (Hamilton) 1m23.620s
    2. Ferrari (Vettel) 1m24.167s
    3. Red Bull (Ricciardo) 1m24.650s
    4. Toro Rosso (Sainz) 1m25.084s
    5. Haas (Grosjean) 1m25.436s
    6. Renault (Hulkenberg) 1m25.478s
    7. Force India (Perez) 1m25.591s
    8. McLaren (Alonso) 1m26.000s
    9. Williams (Massa) 1m26.331s
    10. Sauber (Ericsson) 1m26.498s

As Mercedes team boss Toto Wolff put it, Hamilton was in a "league of his own" around Albert Park on Friday, and Hamilton admitted to relief at finally having the W08 working the way he wants.

"It was a night-and-day difference to how the car felt on the last day of testing, which was kind of a relief for all of us," Hamilton said. "There's things we struggled with in the test and things weren't quite perfect in the car. Here the car's brand new, the car's fresh: new floor, new wings, everything. Everything's performing at its optimum, which is great.

"I didn't know what to expect coming into today, whether we'd be ahead or not. It's a wonderful feeling, coming into a new era, to have a car be so strong."

But, if it wasn't for the three-time world champion's ballistic effort on ultra-softs, F1 would still be salivating over the potential prospect of a close battle between Ferrari and Mercedes.

Valtteri Bottas dropped time to Hamilton in every sector of his flying lap, and finished the session 0.009s down on Vettel's Ferrari.

"A tough fight, as always expected when you're against Lewis," said Bottas. "It's never easy to try to be at his level or beat him, but that's always the target and it's only the first Friday of the season, so let's see how things develop and allow myself a bit of time to get into it.

"The car felt better than how it felt in Barcelona, so that is positive, but [there is] still work to do with the balance; I'm sure we can make the car still quicker.

"The longer runs, in the end they feel very good so I think the race pace is looking OK. For me, the main thing to focus on is the shorter runs, to try to find a bit more lap time for qualifying."

The race runs indeed make better reading for Bottas, who got within 0.235s per lap of Hamilton's average pace on the ultra-soft tyre, and was fastest of all when he bolted on super-softs near the end of the session.

LONG RUN RANKING
    1. Bottas (Mercedes) 1m27.968s (SS) 7 laps
    2. Hamilton (Mercedes) 1m28.057s (US) 10 laps
    3. Raikkonen (Ferrari) 1m28.925s (US) 8 laps
    4. Vettel (Ferrari) 1m29.058s (SS) 13 laps
    5. Sainz (Toro Rosso) 1m29.189s (US) 10 laps
    6. Kvyat (Toro Rosso) 1m29.392s (US) 12 laps
    7. Perez (Force India) 1m29.602s (US) 9 laps
    8. Ricciardo (Red Bull) 1m29.620s (US) 7 laps
    9. Grosjean (Haas) 1m29.780s (US) 11 laps
    10. Ocon (Force India) 1m29.884s (US) 11 laps
    11. Hulkenberg (Renault) 1m30.150s (S) 14 laps
    12. Stroll (Williams) 1m30.174s (US) 5 laps
    13. Ericsson (Sauber) 1m30.376s (SS) 13 laps
    14. Vandoorne (McLaren) 1m30.661s (US) 9 laps
    15. Wehrlein (Sauber) 1m31.761s (S) 8 laps

But they don't make great reading for Ferrari. It is basically a second off the pace as things stand, on the two most relevant tyre compounds, which is a far cry from the comfortable position it occupied in testing.

Its efforts to get Mercedes reined back in via the FIA's suspension-rules clarification in pre-season have made no difference, and the W08 - even without its special heave damper at the front - is clearly working properly now the floor is no longer falling to bits.

By contrast the Ferrari does not seem to yet be working as well as it did in testing. The car looked nervous over the bumps in first practice, and Vettel declared himself unhappy with the SF70H's balance after a disappointing second session.

"The balance of the car is not yet where I want it to be," explained Vettel, who said the car doesn't yet feel as good as it should. "It's not bad, but I think we can do better. We had some small trouble this morning that cost us some track time, so it took a little longer to get into the groove.

"Obviously we've been very happy at testing, the times looked good, but it doesn't mean anything. You come here and that's when it matters. I think we were realistic about that. [There is] still a lot of work ahead of us, so we will see where it takes us tomorrow when everybody is showing what they can do."

Team-mate Raikkonen confirmed that Ferrari did not enjoy a clean day, so it will almost certainly improve on Saturday, but whether it can find six tenths relative to Mercedes for qualifying - and more than a second in race pace - seems highly unlikely. Bottas should also make life harder for Ferrari, if he gets his act together in time for qualifying.

There is also likely to be very little Ferrari can do strategically to get the better of Mercedes in the race, as Pirelli reckons the ultra-soft tyre is degrading by little more than 0.1s per lap, the super-soft by slightly less, and the soft tyre not at all.

All predictions point to a nailed-on one-stop race, so Ferrari's best hope will be to try to overtake Mercedes at the start, then avoid giving away crucial track position as it did here last year.

And what of Red Bull, the team many expected would be the main threat to Mercedes in 2017 before testing began?

Well, Daniel Ricciardo trailed Vettel by nearly half a second in his performance run, but made errors on his best lap that Red Bull estimates cost him three tenths. Team-mate Max Verstappen went off at Turn 12 on his final flier, damaging the floor to such an extent that it ended his session early. He had earlier picked up damage in first practice.

Ricciardo's long run was also disappointing, to the extent that Australia's home hero trailed both Toro Rosso drivers and Sergio Perez's Force India. It's possible he could have trailed Williams too, had Felipe Massa's car not broken down before he could complete any meaningful running in second practice.

We certainly haven't seen anywhere near the best of Red Bull yet, notwithstanding the usual caveats concerning relative fuel loads and engine modes.

"This morning was promising, we tried a few things this afternoon, [and] it's fair to say they didn't work as much as we'd like, so we'll probably go back a bit and then understand what we can do better," Ricciardo explained.

"Mercedes is quick but it's more Lewis at the moment than Valtteri. I think with the right set-up and the right lap in quali, we can mix it with Ferrari. If Lewis does a perfect lap with his car, then that'll be a stretch to take pole - but we're not too far off."

Red Bull seemed reasonably upbeat despite what looked on the surface like a disappointing day, and of course it will ultimately be the third-best team here at least. A reliability fix for the MGU-K on the Renault ERS means the RB13 can now power up its engine and should be able to get to the end of the race without breaking down.

Red Bull will be pleased if it can simply sneak ahead of Ferrari in the early races, confident that a big future engine upgrade planned by Renault, coupled with continual rapid chassis development, will allow it to start applying pressure to Mercedes again.

That would be great news for Formula 1, because at the moment it looks as though Mercedes - and specifically Hamilton - is likely to run away with the Australian Grand Prix, unless Ferrari can dip into its testing sandbag and rediscover a big chunk of pace.

I don't know what is the content of Autosport write-up titled "Why Ferrari's testing pace is looking like a false idol" because the same magazine wrote so much positive things about Ferrari and just one day of test practice will change that? All this digital reporters with a medium to write their crap; my question is what have they seen from today practice session that suddenly make Ferrari look bad already?

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    When Formula 1 left Barcelona behind and packed its freight off to Australia, Ferrari's electrifying testing pace suggested maybe, just maybe, Mercedes might face a genuine fight to retain its iron grip on the world championship in 2017.
    complete junk journalisim - What if Ferrari was running high fuel load and detuned engine just one day would not make Ferrari testing speed now rubbish - I await test practice 3 and qualifying session

@Silent Bob Thank you

You're welcome. Like your enthusiasm, hope they don't disappoint. May not have seemed so good in FP1 and FP2 but here's hoping FP3 tells a different story.

my bad I posted on the wrong thread..
    Last edited by arcabe; 25th March 2017 at 04:13.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    You're welcome. Like your enthusiasm, hope they don't disappoint. May not have seemed so good in FP1 and FP2 but here's hoping FP3 tells a different story.
    I am so happy with Ferrari performance today and I really look forward to tomorrow's race