Page 2 of 114 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516275277102 ... LastLast

Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF70H

As long as the testing and wind tunnel bans are there; i don't expect a championship caliber car from our engineers. Because when you have so little time to test the new parts you made; you have to be either very lucky for these parts to be working or you have to have some technical geniuses like Newey or the ones that Mercedes' have. Sadly, we doesn't have either one of 'em.

Disappointing; 2009 to 2016...

Quote Originally Posted by jragona View Post
    I heard that is was because Ferrari couldn't give them enough concrete details about the engine because of the large scope of development, and due to the large rule changes, Sauber want to get on with their car, and not be delayed because of engine uncertainties. The 2016 PU is a known quantity.

Sorry don't have a link to where I read that, it was a while ago...
    I do not think that is the reason. It was to do with lack of funds with Sauber (before they gained the position from Manor) and the expectation that the performance jump next year will not be much. So using a 2016 spec will be a lot cheaper without too much performance penalty.

It will be like it's predecessor, don't expect more.

I think that first we need to change our leaders(marchione and Arrivabene) with real professionals who had knowledge of cars and personality. To give us back the authority we lost and put some pressure on the political side not on the drivers.

Ok. I'm going to be a bit more optimistic. We were nowhere in the middle of he season when Allison was in charge. When Arrivabene and Marchionne gave Binotta and the other engineers free reign it seemed we became a little more competitive near the end. I'm hoping with this new horizontal command system some young, bright engineers will come up with some breakthroughs and we'll be a competitive team from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Ok. I'm going to be a bit more optimistic. We were nowhere in the middle of he season when Allison was in charge. When Arrivabene and Marchionne gave Binotta and the other engineers free reign it seemed we became a little more competitive near the end. I'm hoping with this new horizontal command system some young, bright engineers will come up with some breakthroughs and we'll be a competitive team from the start.
    +1
    The horizontal organisation Is the good one.
    Promoting young italian's engineers Is the way to go.
    Binotto Is a top manager and a engine guy.
    Inertia was the main problem for this team.
    I bet It won't be no more this kind of problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Yeah, the team had some kind of setback there, whether it was due to JA being on leave or something completely unrelated, it took a toll on the program. Since then they seem to have sorted things & even ended on a pretty decent note in Abu Dhabi. So I'm buying into being cautiously optimistic!
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Scuderia Ferrari SF17-H

Not sure if AD performance can be related to new technical boss getting on top of things. 2016 car has been inconsistent & that has been the story all year, good on certain tracks or conditions & not so good in some. Also I doubt we developed this car in final races.

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Not sure if AD performance can be related to new technical boss getting on top of things. 2016 car has been inconsistent & that has been the story all year, good on certain tracks or conditions & not so good in some. Also I doubt we developed this car in final races.
    I heard Ferrari is working on a completely brand new design for next years engine

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    I heard Ferrari is working on a completely brand new design for next years engine
    well they HAVE to do something different if they are to challange Mercedes in terms or engine power and actually MATCH them or even surpass them.

they have probably hit a plateau with the current engine design and NEED to do something different if they are to challenge the Mercs.....million dollar question will be, are we going to be RELIABLE with the so called NEW designed engine???? it's one thing to be best of the rest and another is to FINISH races.

as we've see even the so called bulletproof reliability of the Merc engine, they have had some issues this year and only started being seen when they were forced to PUSH the engine harder due to Red Bull "knocking" on their door sort of thing

time will tell boys and girls, TIME WILL TELL.

Source? Interesting if true. IMO, the engine was actually the high point this year.

Ferrari must fill "significant hole" in aero development
    http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/fe...opment-857469/

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    Some one has just discovered hot water!

Rather than Ferrari's management taking many years to realise whats wrong, they should just ask the fans, we could have told them this long ago...

I'd say the team knew this, it's SM finally learning it!
    What does SM mean by "significant holes in strategic development". Is he referring to a lack of personnel? After reading the article a couple of times, it does not sound like that, just bring more aero & chassis updates in season & all is well! Completely forgets you need to have updates in order to "bring" them.

I don't know, but I just don't get a good feeling when he says something, but will keep my hopes up that they get more right than wrong in the next few months.
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

F1 needs Ferrari back on top 2017. Red Bull , Merc fans will now watch faithfully hoping to beat Ferrari , and the Ferrari fans will be there already, except say for the " fans " here giving Ferrari a 0 chance at winning anything. It's all about attendance and F1 interest world wide. If Ferrari was still winning it all since say 2005 who would watch? I'm not saying F1 is fixed, just controlled from within. No fans , no F1. Variety, the spice of life! Ferrari is next in line! Seb on pole, unbeatable!!!

Ferrari makes beautiful road cars. Its formula one racers should also be beautiful and elegant. Just me but I find the scuderia's recent offerings not particularly visually appealing, especially the nose of the car. As a contrast, the winning car, MB, has a more elegant and obviously efficient nose. IMO, Ferrari should design a fast car that's also beautiful and exuding sex appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    F1 needs Ferrari back on top 2017. Red Bull , Merc fans will now watch faithfully hoping to beat Ferrari , and the Ferrari fans will be there already, except say for the " fans " here giving Ferrari a 0 chance at winning anything. It's all about attendance and F1 interest world wide. If Ferrari was still winning it all since say 2005 who would watch? I'm not saying F1 is fixed, just controlled from within. No fans , no F1. Variety, the spice of life! Ferrari is next in line! Seb on pole, unbeatable!!!
    Why shouldn't McL be next in line or Williams?

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    Marchionne would know about significant holes.

According to this article Ferrari 668 is making alot of people smile at Marinello with simulator data giving the team exactly what they want to see.

https://translate.googleusercontent....ytoAJ_RLwXWGVA

Quote Originally Posted by phsyklone View Post
    According to this article Ferrari 668 is making alot of people smile at Marinello with simulator data giving the team exactly what they want to see.

If my memory serves me well, last year was the same story around this time...

Yup haha and the year before and before...

I'm not going to read all the news posts but just wait and see during pre season testing.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

A lot of people smile at Maranello... Meanwhile a lot of people work hard at Milton Keynes and Brackley.

Sorry, could not resist. I know they do work hard at Maranello too.

Never ending story...!!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    If my memory serves me well, last year was the same story around this time...
    Yeah but this time we have completely new rules for next year. Last time the aero rules where changed so drastically was 2009. Before 2009 we were pretty competitive. This gives me a bit more hope for next year. Maybe wider and more aggressive aero suits us better?

Why shouldn't McL be next in line or Williams?
    A good question! Drivers are as much a fan draw as the name team their with if not more! Williams lost Felipe and Bottas is openly dying to go to Ferrari or now Merc. Mcl name is good but not like Ferrari! If anything, I have to think Red Bull can easily buy their way to the top. $$Millions are like $100s to them. And they have a good driver always smiling!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Yeah but this time we have completely new rules for next year. Last time the aero rules where changed so drastically was 2009. Before 2009 we were pretty competitive. This gives me a bit more hope for next year. Maybe wider and more aggressive aero suits us better?
    Ferrari was competitive because there was unlimited testing and they ware using that 110% on their track. Later and now when everything is moved to windtunel and CFD we all know how good Ferrari is at that. Years of coorelation problems... So... For me call me pessimistic, I don't see bright future.
    Last edited by stefa; 10th December 2016 at 10:55.

The data from simulator are this the correct data they want to see.

And we all know how the data is reliable, by those data we should have won multiple championship

��