Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: BREAKING NEWS: World champion Nico Rosberg retires from Formula One

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Why not rate Bottas as Rosberg's equal? What has Rosberg ever done? I don't remember Rosberg beating Lewis in one direct duel. Lewis literally wiped the floor with Nico in direct battles.
    Come on thats not fair, i was expecting this sort of comment from a butthurt Hamilton fan. Rosberg held his own well against Hamilton, dont let the last few races where Rosberg got what he was after, cloud your judgement. Remember last year Nico winning the last 6 races or so, when Hamilton had no motivation. He kept it close and seen him beating Lewis fair and square multiple times. Granted to you, Lewis is the better driver, but lets not take a deserved world champion his recognition. I am not a fan of either, just stating a neutral opinion. As for Bottas, I think he is very close to Rosberg's level, maybe just as good, but he has to get used to mercs way, fit in the team and get used to the car
    Last edited by IulianFerrari; 17th December 2016 at 11:58.

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Come on thats not fair, i was expecting this sort of comment from a butthurt Hamilton fan. Rosberg held his own well against Hamilton, dont let the last few races where Rosberg got what he was after, cloud your judgement. Remember last year Nico winning the last 6 races or so, when Hamilton had no motivation. He kept it close and seen him beating Lewis fair and square multiple times. Granted to you, Lewis is the better driver, but lets not take a deserved world champion his recognition. I am not a fan of either, just stating a neutral opinion. As for Bottas, I think he is very close to Rosberg's level, maybe just as good, but he has to get used to mercs way, fit in the team and get used to the car
    Oh, don't get me wrong, i'm not undermining his world title. I just said that Rosberg didn't prove he is the better driver. In fact, he didn't match Hamilton in one direct battle. To be fair, Mercedes had a huge impact on who is going to be a WDC, last 2 years their favorite was Hamilton. This year, they clearly gave the support to Nico. However, in those situations where they had a chance to battle, Lewis always won. But, to give Nico the credit, this year we saw something that we never saw from him before, he was aggressive. For example, his move in Austria was something Hamilton would've done.

FerrariSteve Guest
    I have nothing against Bottas whatsoever but I think if he joins Merc, Lewis will blow him away big time. Personally I'd prefer to see someone in that car who can push Lewis into mistakes, harrass him and generally give him a hard time. as much as I dislike Lewis, I only see 4 drivers that could do that right now. Alonso, Vettel, Verstappen and Ricciardo.

I would just love to see Verstappen in the same car as Lewis.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    I would just love to see Verstappen in the same car as Lewis.
    Me too, but it's not going to happen any time soon, RB will want him to be their next champion and it will probably be sooner rather than later, unfortunately for us Tifosi!

Nico to Ferrari confirmed.

9um7jujjjq7y.jpg