Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paddy Lowe leaves Mercedes, but doesn't go to Ferrari! (Italian)

Exclamation Paddy Lowe leaves Mercedes, but doesn't go to Ferrari! (Italian)

Il responsabile tecnico della Mercedes, Paddy Lowe, lascia la squadra campione del mondo dopo tre titoli iridati piloti e Costruttori. L'inglese di 53 anni non ha trovato un accordo economico per il rinnovo che stava discutendo. Arriva Allison?

Paddy Lowe ha la valigia pronta. E’ questa la notizia che, a sorpresa, è trapelata da ambienti inglesi interpellati per sapere chi sostituirà Nico Rosberg. Non è solo sull’identificazione del nuovo compagno di squadra di Lewis Hamilton che la Mercedes è chiamata ad operare in tempi brevi, ma dovrà molto probabilmente provvedere anche alla nomina di un nuovo direttore tecnico.

Il nome più gettonato è quello di James Allison, che da tempo è dato molto vicino all’azienda con sede a Brackley, ma dovrà rispettare un periodo di gardening che lo porterà ad essere operativo solo a Mondiale 2017 iniziato.

Lowe non ha trovato un accordo economico con la Mercedes per il rinnovo dell'accordo. L'offerta che gli è stata presentata sarebbe molto inferiore alla cifra che un'altra squadra è pronta a mettere sul tavolo.

La seconda domanda che sorge, infatti, è relativa al futuro di Paddy Lowe. Le indiscrezioni dicono che il cinquantaquattrenne ingegnere britannico non attraverserà la Manica, restando in Inghilterra, smorzando quindi le speculazioni che volevano Lowe nell’orbita ferrarista.

Nei prossimi giorni sono attese informazioni maggiori, soprattutto in merito al periodo di gardening che Lowe dovrà rispettare. Altre informazioni danno per possibile un avvicinamento con la McLaren, appena entrata nell’era Zak Brown.

Google traduction:

The technical manager of the Mercedes, Paddy Lowe, left the world champion team after three world drivers and constructors titles. The Englishman of 53 years did not find an economic agreement for the renewal that was discussing. Allison arrives?

Paddy Lowe has a ready suitcase. And 'This is the news that, surprisingly, was leaked by English environments polled to see who will replace Nico Rosberg. It is not only on the identification of a new team-mate Lewis Hamilton that Mercedes is called to operate in the short term, but will most likely also have to appoint a new technical director.

The most popular name is that of James Allison, which has long been given very close to the company based in Brackley, but will have to respect a period of gardening which led him to become operational only in 2017 started World.

Lowe did not find an economic agreement with Mercedes for the renewal of the agreement. The offer that has been made would be much less than the amount that another team is ready to put on the table.

The second question that arises, in fact, related to the future of Paddy Lowe. The rumors say that the British engineer cinquantaquattrenne will not cross the Channel, remaining in England, therefore dampening speculation that Ferrari wanted Lowe orbit.

In the coming days it is expected more information, especially about the period of gardening that Lowe will have to respect. More information can take for a rapprochement with McLaren, just entered the era Zak Brown.

http://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/cla...errari-858147/

Let the speculation begin........
    Forza Ferrari

Reports: Paddy Lowe to join Ferrari
    http://f1insider.net/2016/12/10/repo...-join-ferrari/

Just speculations but I hope its true.. :)

Paddy Lowe leaves Mercedes, but doesn't go to Ferrari! (Italian)

I read he's going to Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    I read he's going to Williams
    It looks like a done deal

So Ferrari missed da boat on another good talent........maybe they cheaped out on the salary offer and so he went 2 williams

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    So Ferrari missed da boat on another good talent........maybe they cheaped out on the salary offer and so he went 2 williams
    Or maybe he did not want to come to Ferrari? You have no idea but you still moan about Ferrari.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Speculation is he wanted an ownership share at Merc like Toto & Niki have, Merc balked & Williams is probably the only place that's a possibility for him after that. None of it sounds like a done deal though, he could be even still staying with Merc when the dust settles.
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Maybe he doesn't want to go to Ferrari because he wants to stay in England with his family?
    Stop jumping to conclusions please.

He simply refused to change his name to " Pasqual Lowelli " At the moment Ferrari is hiring Italians!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    He simply refused to change his name to " Pasqual Lowelli " At the moment Ferrari is hiring Italians!
    Lol.........but in all fairness he just like James Allison is looking for a job probably close to home in England

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Maybe he doesn't want to go to Ferrari because he wants to stay in England with his family?
    Stop jumping to conclusions please.
    Now, what fun would that be, this is the off season which is the fans "silly season"! Let's everyone jump to conclusions.
    Maybe he has his eye on Claire, you know being co Team Principal alongside her I mean!
    Seriously, Claire spent a lot of time away from the races this season while taking care of her dad as he recovered from pneumonia, so a full time TP may be in the cards for Williams.
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Quote Originally Posted by abbottcostello View Post
    Now, what fun would that be, this is the off season which is the fans "silly season"! Let's everyone jump to conclusions.
    Maybe he has his eye on Claire, you know being co Team Principal alongside her I mean!
    Seriously, Claire spent a lot of time away from the races this season while taking care of her dad as he recovered from pneumonia, so a full time TP may be in the cards for Williams.
    Autosport
    "Ferrari opted to replace Allison in the middle of 2016 by promoting the former head of its engine department Mattia Binotto, and Marchionne told Italian media gathered for its annual pre-Christmas briefing that internal reshuffling meant there was no need for Ferrari to move for Lowe.

"We had a proposal, but that role was covered," Marchionne was quoted as saying by La Repubblica when asked about Lowe's potential availability.

We don't need a Ross Brawn style of hero who solves all the problems"

Ferrari decided against hiring Mercedes’ Lowe

Ferrari president Sergio Marchionne has revealed that the Scuderia “had a proposal” to hire Mercedes executive and technical director Paddy Lowe but eventually opted against it in the name of stability.

Ferrari failed to win a grand prix for the second time in three years in 2016. The Maranello-based outfit also saw technical director James Allison leave during the summer and promoted engine boss Mattia Binotto in the subsequent overhaul.

Speaking to the Italian media at Ferrari’s Christmas lunch, Marchionne told reporters that the Scuderia’s in-season restructuring meant the input from Lowe, who has overseen Mercedes’ triple championship doubles in the latest turbo era, was not needed.

“We had a proposal, but the role was already covered,” the Ferrari boss was quoted as saying by La Reppublica.

“We are not looking for a Ross Brawn-like saviour who can solve all the problems. Together, we can pull through by working the right way. I don’t want to be constantly changing the team.”

Marchionne had high goals for the Scuderia entering the 2016 season, saying failure to win a title would be “a tragedy”. The 64-year-old admitted he was “incautious” and says he won’t make any grand promises for next year.

“Now I only want us to do better than in 2016, which doesn't seem hard to me,” Marchionne added.

“Should we continue not to win, then the blame lies at my feet. I’ve already told Ferrari fans who approach me on the street and complain about our win drought: 'that’s my mistake, wait for 2017'.

“I am confident about the new car, confident that we have taken action and done a good job in all areas, starting with the aerodynamics.”

Meanwhile, Lowe appears to be on his way to Williams, where the Briton started his F1 career in 1987.
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Ferrari president Sergio Marchionne has revealed that the Scuderia “had a proposal” to hire Mercedes executive and technical director Paddy Lowe but eventually opted against it in the name of stability.
    Translation: We were going to go after Paddy until we heard he wanted an ownership share as part of a compensation package, the nerve of that guy!!!
    Forza Ferrari !

Quote Originally Posted by erikejw View Post
    Autosport
    "Ferrari opted to replace Allison in the middle of 2016 by promoting the former head of its engine department Mattia Binotto, and Marchionne told Italian media gathered for its annual pre-Christmas briefing that internal reshuffling meant there was no need for Ferrari to move for Lowe.

"We had a proposal, but that role was covered," Marchionne was quoted as saying by La Repubblica when asked about Lowe's potential availability.

We don't need a Ross Brawn style of hero who solves all the problems"
    Wrong. We need Ross Brawn.

Quote Originally Posted by JPMFerrari View Post
    Wrong. We need Ross Brawn.
    Correct. Arrogance and stupid pride. Thats whats keeping us down

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Correct. Arrogance and stupid pride. Thats whats keeping us down
    Or maybe the fact that they were always looking for the man with the magic touch to hire and turn things around. Maybe the answer is in Ferrari and they should give those guys a chance and show a little belief in them.

Do we know that Ross Brawn would like to work for Ferrari again?

Apperently he doesn't want to work for a team anymore. Probably he's looking for a role with the FIA

Ross, a true Ferrari guy, feels Ferrari won't be WCC ready untill around 2020! He needs to continue to stay away! !

Ross, a true Ferrari guy, feels Ferrari won't be WCC ready untill around 2020! He needs to continue to stay away! !
    All the attention is on RB and almost everyone is saying they are the clear favorites. I haven't read a single article mentioning anything about ferrari so far.

I hope we can just go about our business and turn up at the first race with the fastest car..... that'll shut them all up.

judging by all his comments on record, I don't think that will be a problem!
    Forza Ferrari !

If I have to sit through another era of Red Bull dominance, I think I might actually throw up.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    All the attention is on RB and almost everyone is saying they are the clear favorites. I haven't read a single article mentioning anything about ferrari so far.

I hope we can just go about our business and turn up at the first race with the fastest car..... that'll shut them all up.
    I like what Silent Bob said, maybe we've already got the talent within the team. Would be fantastic for someone from Ferrari to rise to the top & be a Newey beater, he's been the perceived king of the aero hill way, way too long!
    There has to be some new talent arriving on the F1 scene soon & what better place than in our team.
    That would be cool !
    Forza Ferrari !

I don't want to believe any predictions for 2017 until the cars are on track and even Melbourne isn't the best track to judge who has done the best job. Like bondilad, I pray that we can take them all by surprise and show that there is talent within the existing team.
    Last edited by wisepie; 31st December 2016 at 16:38.

We won't know how good the 2017 car is until we see Sebastian Vettel's face after Melbourne.

Disappointed Since 2010

In 2016 the team was expecting to compete for the win in Melbourne. So if no massive mistakes by any of the teams I am looking for Ferrari to be a podium contender, but I think it will be 6 cars competing for the 3 top spots - Ferrari, Merc & RB. If we come out looking a distant 3rd I'll be rather sad.
    Forza Ferrari !

Paddy Lowe leaves Mercedes, set for Williams - reports

Paddy Lowe has left his role as Mercedes executive director (technical) following months of speculation of a move to Williams, according to various reports.

Lowe, a key architect of the team's dominant spell since the introduction of V6 turbos in 2014, was first linked with a switch in December, just days after Mercedes lost world champion Nico Rosberg to retirement. The following week, Williams confirmed Pat Symonds would be leaving his role as technical director when his contract expired on December 31, paving the way for Lowe to replace him.

The departure of Lowe, reported by Sky Sports on Tuesday, comes with Mercedes and Williams locked in discussions about Valtteri Bottas, who the world champions are lining up to replace Rosberg. This has led to suggestions Lowe's departure is linked, with Mercedes perhaps not enforcing his gardening leave in order to sweeten the Bottas deal for Williams.

Mercedes declined to comment on Lowe's departure when contacted by ESPN.

The Lowe news is likely to speed up Mercedes' announcement of Bottas' arrival, which in turn should prompt Williams to confirm Massa's return and Sauber to confirm the signing of Pascal Wehrlein. Mercedes had been keen to ensure junior driver Wehrlein did not end up without a seat for next year and Sauber may well be the last remaining seat of the cars which appear on the grid in Australia given Manor's financial demise at the start of this year.

Lowe joined McLaren as engineering director in 2005 and had become technical director by 2011. He remained at the team until 2013, when he switched to Mercedes, a move which prompted Ross Brawn to step down as technical chief. Under his technical leadership, Mercedes produced the all-conquering W05, W06 and W07 cars which have combined for 51 wins from a possible 59 over the last three years.

The news leaves Mercedes without a technical chief going into the new season, though former Ferrari technical director James Allison is the early favourite to replace Lowe, though he is currently serving his own period of gardening leave after leaving Maranello last July.