Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 62

Thread: Massa in 'advanced' talks with Williams for F1 comeback,

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    3,193

    Massa in 'advanced' talks with Williams for F1 comeback,

    I don't know whether this is just media hype or fact.
    It will make some or all Massabots very happy.

    http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...r_F1_comeback/


    Forza Jules

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    norCal
    Posts
    9,157
    Odd.

    -Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari
    16/15
    Totus Tuus
    Pace e bene

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Bulvania
    Posts
    2,648
    Oh dear.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Skopje, Macedonia
    Posts
    1,944
    Well, Bottas in Mercedes then. No big surprise there. However, it will be good to have Massa for at least one more year in the championship.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Christchurch,UK
    Posts
    2,928
    Much as I'd love to see Felipe back in F1, and Williams may need an experienced and familiar driver, I worry that after all the emotion of his departure, it may have been better to stick to his decision to retire gracefully. I'd just got used to the idea of Felipe not being on the grid, but if he wants to do it, good luck to him. Maybe BOT (if he is Merc's choice) can give HAM a nasty shock!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Skopje, Macedonia
    Posts
    1,944
    Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Much as I'd love to see Felipe back in F1, and Williams may need an experienced and familiar driver, I worry that after all the emotion of his departure, it may have been better to stick to his decision to retire gracefully. I'd just got used to the idea of Felipe not being on the grid, but if he wants to do it, good luck to him. Maybe BOT (if he is Merc's choice) can give HAM a nasty shock!
    Well, no harm if he comes back now is there? I think he retired because he didn't have a sit in a quality team.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    N. Delhi/Helsinki
    Posts
    3,918

    Massa in 'advanced' talks with Williams for F1 comeback,

    “I prefer to beat them on Sunday” -Fernando Alonso, Press Conference Korean GP 2010

    "Giornata fantastica !!"- Andrea Stella, European GP 2012


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,823
    Well, this is something I didn't see coming.


    Don't play dumb with me. I'm better at it than you are.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Skopje, Macedonia
    Posts
    1,944
    Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Yap, this is it. Bottas to Mercedes, this is almost official :D
    Mercedes will buy off Bottas' contract and they will give them a discount on engines, maybe 50%? To a team like Williams, this would be an offer they can't refuse.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Delaware, USA
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Yap, this is it. Bottas to Mercedes, this is almost official :D
    Mercedes will buy off Bottas' contract and they will give them a discount on engines, maybe 50%? To a team like Williams, this would be an offer they can't refuse.
    Called it last week in the Rosberg thread. If anyone needs the winning lottery numbers, send me an email.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    5,342
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD_Junior View Post
    Called it last week in the Rosberg thread. If anyone needs the winning lottery numbers, send me an email.
    Lol.....hey it can't hurt, l've been trying my own #'s for some time now and nothing BIG yet.....so please PM some good SIX numbers, I will play them and will give ya a piece of the "pie" too if I struck it BIG

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    1,470
    Does this mean Felipe has to give the 2016 car back?

    So Williams gets free engines, Paddy Lowe and Felipe back, break out the Christmas emoticons, it's just come early for Frank & Claire!
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,604
    Imagine if Massa did return to Williams and won his first championship with them next season?

    FORZA FERRARI!
    Tous avec Jules #17

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,697
    I have to believe merc $$ to Williams & engine disc. etc. took care of Felipe's lack of sponsor $$. So a win , win for Williams! If Massa winds up with Bottas' car and favoritism from Clair; he may very well win a few! I sure hope so.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Christchurch,UK
    Posts
    2,928
    Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    Imagine if Massa did return to Williams and won his first championship with them next season?
    Lovely idea, my loyalties have always been to Ferrari but this is one exception I could cope with!

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Babes&Whisky
    Posts
    1,505
    Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    Imagine if Massa did return to Williams and won his first championship with them next season?
    Not trying to ruin a day dream, but i believe there is a bigger chance any of us winning the lottery than Williams winning a championship next year. Their main force was the mercs engine and with the new rules going more to aerodinamics I see them struggling to keep up with the front, a top 5 finish in the wcc would be a good result, especially with the new youngster in the team

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Delaware, USA
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Not trying to ruin a day dream, but i believe there is a bigger chance any of us winning the lottery than Williams winning a championship next year. Their main force was the mercs engine and with the new rules going more to aerodinamics I see them struggling to keep up with the front, a top 5 finish in the wcc would be a good result, especially with the new youngster in the team
    Championship, maybe (probably) not, but Williams has always had good straight line speed, so at least they've got 1/2 the equation figured out. Without having any idea of the actual details, I can see this giving them a nice competitive boost.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Skopje, Macedonia
    Posts
    1,944
    Williams will never win a championship with a 200 million dollar budget. They need an official partner and engine distributor like they had in BMW. Too bad that didn't work out as well :D

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    145
    So why don't Merc take Massa, if he is available anyway? He is not that bad driver, much cheaper and nothing to bye out. It would make things much easier.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    588
    oh dear god no, we only just got rid of him.
    Common doesn't mean "Come on"; "Should have" not "Should of" ;)

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,604
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariSteve View Post
    oh dear god no, we only just got rid of him.
    Wow, really? How about just a bit of respect for a former Ferrari driver?

    FORZA FERRARI!
    Tous avec Jules #17

  22. #22
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    5,342
    Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    Wow, really? How about just a bit of respect for a former Ferrari driver?
    Exactly....and not only that, but one has to remember that he almost won the WDC in 2008.....and in my heart HE was the true champion that year and NOT Luise.....

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Skopje, Macedonia
    Posts
    1,944
    Quote Originally Posted by Driver View Post
    So why don't Merc take Massa, if he is available anyway? He is not that bad driver, much cheaper and nothing to bye out. It would make things much easier.
    Good point. However, i think they prefer Bottas because he is younger and has many years ahead of him which means that he can be a potential Mercedes champion if Lewis decided to leave.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    588
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Exactly....and not only that, but one has to remember that he almost won the WDC in 2008.....and in my heart HE was the true champion that year and NOT Luise.....
    ^^ This I agree with, yes he was the true champion and he did deserve it that year.

    however.. his form in the past few years has been quite poor and moreso in the wet, I really don't think he deserves a top seat right now.
    Common doesn't mean "Come on"; "Should have" not "Should of" ;)

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Skopje, Macedonia
    Posts
    1,944
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariSteve View Post
    however.. his form in the past few years has been quite poor and moreso in the wet, I really don't think he deserves a top seat right now.
    Yeah, unfortunately. It would be boring to have Massa in Mercedes. With Bottas is expected to play a second fiddle, but you never know, he is skilled and hungry, may cause some problems to Lewis. Not the first year, but if he stays for a second year and gets comfortable in Brackley, you never know.

  26. #26
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,697
    Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    Wow, really? How about just a bit of respect for a former Ferrari driver?
    Felipe deserves respect from Ferrari fans and all F1 fans, a great driver and person! But he was born in "Rubensville" ! and we all know how well respected Rubens was here!

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    145
    Massa could be an easy temporary solution for next year because 2018 is another story, then there are much more choices.

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Skopje, Macedonia
    Posts
    1,944
    Quote Originally Posted by Driver View Post
    Massa could be an easy temporary solution for next year because 2018 is another story, then there are much more choices.
    Yeah, 2018 will have a huge reshuffle of the grid. Many are out of contract.

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Christchurch,UK
    Posts
    2,928
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariSteve View Post
    ^^ This I agree with, yes he was the true champion and he did deserve it that year.

    however.. his form in the past few years has been quite poor and moreso in the wet, I really don't think he deserves a top seat right now.
    Well that's a bit less insulting to Massa than your previous post, FerrariSteve, and I can see your point about some of his performances being below-par, especially in the wet, but I still think he merits a seat in a top team. If he does get the Williams call-up, I will be pleased even though I'm not sure it's the right thing for him to do!

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    3,193
    My opinion on Felipe's return is they need him more than he needs them!

    "His presence in the team ticks two very important boxes: the first being an experienced driver to mentor young Stroll; the other to provide Martini with a credible and marketable driver for the brand driver which a teenager is not." (GPtoday)

    So if I were his manager I would be pressing for an Alonso/Schumacher type contract. It's never going to happen.

    Interesting though what Silbermann says ... Stay away Felipe
    I hate to admit this but I feel on this occasion it's sound advice.


    Forza Jules

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •