Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213

Thread: 2017 WEC, IMSA&ELMS thread.

CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Cool pics Rob!!!!

Here's a highlight video from WEC. It shows the crash of the Ferrari and the LMP1 car. That Ferrari lost his whole door on the passenger side.

2017 WEC 6 Hours of Shanghai - Highlights after 3 hours (3min 4 sec.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgRVVNsuxec

edit 11/18/17

2017 WEC 6 Hours of Shanghai - Full Race Replay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiehP5rnbvc
    Last edited by jgonzalesm6; 18th November 2017 at 18:53.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Cool pics Rob!!!!

Here's a highlight video from WEC. It shows the crash of the Ferrari and the LMP1 car. That Ferrari lost his whole door on the passenger side.

2017 WEC 6 Hours of Shanghai - Highlights after 3 hours (3min 4 sec.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgRVVNsuxec
    LMP2 car was what caused the accident, not LMP1

6 hours of Bahrain. 11/18/17

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_banner...62791/1500x500

#71 @AFCorse @FerrariRaces @CaladoJames and @Ale_PierGuidi crowned LMGTE-Pro World Champions as they take second place in LMGTE-Pro at #6hBahrain. Congratulations, World Champions!!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DO7_iPcXUAE15OP.jpg (drivers)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DO7hwltW4AEugPm.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DO7-WxMWkAIPA1G.jpg

Morning @FIAWEC test session complete for @alo_oficial, fastest lap of 1:43.709, second-fastest of the LMP1 rookies behind Thomas Laurent #RookieTest2017 #WEC

Alonso logs first Toyota LMP1 miles in Bahrain https://www.motorsport.com/wec/news/...-miles-980375/ … via @motorsport

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DO-yGgKW0AAh3WB.jpg (Alonso in the car & times)

https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/93217...g&name=600x314

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DO-6yOtWkAEvwzI.jpg

FERRARI ONE-TWO, PIER GUIDI AND CALADO WORLD CHAMPIONS
    ferrari-media

Sakhir, 18 November 2017 – Thirty-three year-old Italian Alessandro Pier Guidi and his 28 year-old British crewmate James Calado are the first winners of the GT FIA World Endurance Drivers’ Championship title as part of the FIA World Endurance Championship (WEC). The pair won in the best possible way, dominating the final race of the season, the 6 Hours of Bahrain, along with their AF Corse teammates, Sam Bird and Davide Rigon. The drivers of the Ferrari 488 GTEs finished in parade, with car no. 71, starting from pole and key to the season’s triumphs, first over the line. Third and fourth place went to the nearest rivals of the 51 crew, the Ford no. 67 of Andy Priaulx and Harry Tincknell and Porsche no. 91 of Frederic Makowiecki and Richard Lietz.

GTE-Pro. Pier Guidi and Calado and the whole Ferrari AF Corse team handled the race tactics to perfection. After a cautious start car no. 51 climbed the rankings and went ahead near the halfway mark, taking advantage of a Full Course Yellow phase that penalised car no. 71 that had pitted with the green flag. From then on James and Alessandro managed their speed carefully so as to protect the tyres, but still successfully held onto their lead over their rivals in the final stage. However, Sam Bird in car no. 71 was faster towards the end so it was decided that no. 51 would stage a spectacular parade finish with Bird and Rigon who fully deserved the victory and for this reason were first on the finish line. This is Alessandro Pier Guidi’s first year as an official Ferrari driver, while James Calado is in his fourth season with the Maranello brand, having started racing in car no. 71 as David Rigon’s teammate in 2014. The world champions secured the title at the end of an almost perfect season that, after a bad result in the Le Mans 24 Hours, saw them climb up the standings with wins, first at the Nurburgring and then at Austin and at Fuji. This is Ferrari’s 22nd victory in the WEC, the 27th including those obtained in the Intercontinental Le Mans Cup 2010 and 2011.

GTE-Am. Two 488 GTEs were on the podium in the GTE-Am class. After a long struggle with the Aston Martin title winner driven by Dalla Lana-Lamy-Lauda, no. 61 of Clearwater Racing came second with Keita Sawa, Matt Griffin and Weng Sun Mok, ahead of car no. 54 of Spirit of Race with Francesco Castellacci, Thomas Flohr and Miguel Molina. The overall victory went to Buemi-Nakajima-Davidson of Toyota.

This is a great achievement and makes up for us losing out on the F1 Driver's and Manufacturers Championships, well done to the whole AF Corse team and also the Clearwater/Spirit of Race outfits who keep Ferrari's flag flying. Not a bad year at all. Grazie ragazzi!

Congrats to the entire team for a great season !
    Beating the likes of Porsche , Ford and Aston says it all really.
    campione.jpg

One of the reasons, apart from Sam and Davide were pole sitters and fast all weekend, Luca did radio James saying to let Sam past so he can win and purpose to Holly. Lovely way to do it, and well deserved win for #71.

As ever, Luca, who is #51 race engineer and lead engineer, palyed the race strategy spot on. The car came good from mid race, got the used tyres out of the way at the start. So happy for Ale and James, and all the #51 crew and team. I did cry. Spoke to Ale late last night, and Federico, he does wheel changes on #51. He helped pack away garage this morning, but left #71 side up as doing rookie tests. He is off for well deserved holiday in Bali.
    Last edited by Rob; 19th November 2017 at 15:34.

Great images Rob and you must be over the moon, as will Marnix. Soak up the glory with a few Peronis! Salute!

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Great images Rob and you must be over the moon, as will Marnix. Soak up the glory with a few Peronis! Salute!
    Had few Birra Menabrea's

Was an amazing race and feeling. Seeing all my friends in the team finish off a long hard year with a 1-2 and clean sweep of all GTE PRO titles. Also so very emotional.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Had few Birra Menabrea's

Was an amazing race and feeling. Seeing all my friends in the team finish off a long hard year with a 1-2 and clean sweep of all GTE PRO titles. Also so very emotional.
    Birra Menabrea is a new one to me, Rob, but I can imagine how much it meant to you on a personal level as well as being a Tifoso, you're very lucky to have friends in high places! Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Birra Menabrea is a new one to me, Rob, but I can imagine how much it meant to you on a personal level as well as being a Tifoso, you're very lucky to have friends in high places! Cheers!
    Its a very nice smooth beer. Think its alot better than Peroni, problem is, well, around this area its hard to get hold of. So when i head to Ipswich i will always stop at the shop that sells it and stock up.

Andy, it was such an amazing feeling to see my friends win. The emotions just came out, finally. The whole team, are friendly and open, all of them will text me back during the races. Speak about the car and strategy. Also during the weeks we have little chats. Thats what makes it even better, because of their openess, and "taking" me in under their family wing, i feel part of the team .

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Its a very nice smooth beer. Think its alot better than Peroni, problem is, well, around this area its hard to get hold of. So when i head to Ipswich i will always stop at the shop that sells it and stock up.

Andy, it was such an amazing feeling to see my friends win. The emotions just came out, finally. The whole team, are friendly and open, all of them will text me back during the races. Speak about the car and strategy. Also during the weeks we have little chats. Thats what makes it even better, because of their openess, and "taking" me in under their family wing, i feel part of the team .
    I'm sure you'll be even more thrilled now that Sam Bird has won the opening Formula E race in Hong Kong, he seems to be on a roll, much like you after a few Menabreas or Peronis! Salute, amico!

Stroll Headlines Jackie Chan DCR JOTA Rolex 24 Line-Up

Rosenqvist, Frijns and Juncadella join Stroll for 2018 Daytona attack

Jackie Chan DCR JOTA has announced that Williams F1 driver Lance Stroll will race with it at the 2018 Rolex 24 Hours at Daytona in January with Formula E racer Felix Rosenqvist, Audi supported driver Robin Frijns and Mercedes factory driver Daniel Juncadella in an ORECA 07 Gibson.

Quartet will race together as part of a two-car team for Jackie Chan DC Racing’s Daytona 24 Hours debut. The 2017 Le Mans LMP2-winning team’s second line-up for the race will be revealed soon.

The four drivers know each other well, having either competed in the same series or in the case of Stroll and Rosenqvist within the same team. The pair were teammates in the 2015 FIA European Formula Three championship at Prema Powerteam where Rosenqvist took the title, a feat which Stroll duplicated a year later.

Frijns and Juncadella will make their Rolex 24 Hours debuts in 2018, while Stroll and Rosenqvist have previous experience at the Floridan endurance classic. Stroll competed at the Rolex 24 Hours back in 2016 with Ford Chip Ganassi Racing in a Riley DP with Alex Wurz, Andy Priaulx and Brendon Harltey (below), finishing fifth overall. That same year Rosenqvist made his debut at the race with Starworks Motorsport in the PC class.

“We are going to Daytona to enjoy, compete and of course try and win. I always want to be best and most competitive I can be,” Stroll said.

“I’ll be out there with some of my buddies in the same car and it is going to be a pleasure to do this race again as I just love to race. We are the four young guns so it will be great fun I’m sure because we go way back together. A big part of Daytona is who you share the car with so I’m really looking forward to it.

“There won’t be any fuel or tyre management to worry about, and it will be racing hard and racing in traffic which I will enjoy. I’ve heard a lot of great things about the Jackie Chan DCR JOTA team so I can’t wait to be a part of it.

“I am really grateful to Williams Martini Racing for realising I want to keep my racing sharpness through the winter and letting me race at Daytona.”

Jota Group Director Dave Clarke added: “The collection of talent that we have been able to secure for the Rolex 24 at Daytona is very exciting. As a team this shows the trust in quality that the Jackie Chan DCR JOTA team can bring to the best endurance races in the world.

“Lance, Felix, Daniel and Robin are a collection of some of the finest young talents to emerge in recent years. To have them all in the same car for such an important race like the Rolex 24 at Daytona is an important milestone in Jota’s history.

“What Lance has achieved in his short career has been super impressive and he is clearly a quality racer and has a great future ahead of him. It will be fantastic to have him in the team.”
    David Cheng, Driver and co-founder of Jackie Cheng DC Racing

“I’m delighted to welcome Lance, Felix, Robin and Daniel into our team. Their speed and calibre is well known, as well as their past experiences with sports car and endurance racing.
    “With this year’s Rolex 24 at Daytona being the most competitive I’ve seen in decades, the addition of this fantastic line up will help us ensure the best odds to pursue the top step of another famous 24 hour podium.”