Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Launch Dates & Livery Speculation

When I've seen this Mclaren, all I can think about is this Arrows.
    Jos_Verstappen_2000_Monza_(cropped).jpg

Quote Originally Posted by samboozik View Post

McLaren is giving Renault a run for their money in the "Ugliest overalls ever" competition. And the drivers names in them, FA14 and SV2!
    #GillesPerSempre #KeepFightingMichael #JB17

It is not becauze I really don't like McLaren, but that car is ugly as hell!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    "Don't like"? I hate McLaren!
    Having said that, the car itself isn't that bad, it's the livery that sucks. It doesn't look as developed as our car or the Merc, too. And even with all my dislike for them I can't help feeling sorry for them: so little sponsors!

so much for the rumours of the car looking like this....in a way i'm glad as it has MORE red and less of the hideaous white color...LOL

but i was hoping the nose would have been like this rumoured picture....but hey, at least we have the AWESOME sidepod design and that is OK with me...ha, ha...

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    so much for the rumours of the car looking like this....in a way i'm glad as it has MORE red and less of the hideaous white color...LOL

but i was hoping the nose would have been like this rumoured picture....but hey, at least we have the AWESOME sidepod design and that is OK with me...ha, ha...

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...psfmpvfptc.png
    Sometimes the italian media get it right (they correctly predicted the pullrod at the front of the 2012 car, last year they were bang on the money with the livery featuring more white...), but this year they got it all wrong

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...psfmpvfptc.png
    By the way, this was for the 2016 car

Quote Originally Posted by Scuderia1967 View Post
    Sometimes the italian media get it right (they correctly predicted the pullrod at the front of the 2012 car, last year they were bang on the money with the livery featuring more white...), but this year they got it all wrong
    I'm hoping that this trend, of leaking info from inside the factory, has ended.
    Last year and before many rumors turned to out to be right because they had some BIG MOUTHS on the inside.
    It seems this year they closed them, and the car turned out to be everything but the rumors.

Quote Originally Posted by Scuderia1967 View Post
    By the way, this was for the 2016 car
    oh yeah, it was....but anyways, the rumours taht were going around for this year (can't find the picture anymore...prolly on this tread anyways) it looked like it had the Merc nice front nose like as well as it showed it wtih more white also...

so i'm glad taht the TOO MUCH white is GONE>.....i'm not too happy taht we KEPT the nose from last year...but liek everyone says, if it turns up to be FAST and reliable.....then the rest is HISTORY....

I'm hoping that this trend, of leaking info from inside the factory, has ended.
    Last year and before many rumors turned to out to be right because they had some BIG MOUTHS on the inside.
    It seems this year they closed them, and the car turned out to be everything but the rumors.
    A big amen to that!

I think the Arrows is pulling the orange color scheme off way better than the Mclaren

Quote Originally Posted by ManFromMilan View Post
    I think the Arrows is pulling the orange color scheme off way better than the Mclaren
    To me, it looks more like a Spyker... which had way more sponsors than poor McLaren has!

Maybe it is the other way around and McLaren is wealthy enough and do not need a main sponsor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    Maybe it is the other way around and McLaren is wealthy enough and do not need a main sponsor.
    That's an alternative fact

They are together with world's 6th largest car manufacturer (2016) so all appears to be quite well financially.

Does anyone have a link to some super high resolution pics of the launch?

They are together with world's 6th largest car manufacturer (2016) so all appears to be quite well financially.
    So this is probably the fake press lying, then...
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/for...Zak-Brown.html

Just another alternative fact.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Quite agree stefa, and that colour is horrible, unless it's the original Mclaren orange (which was cool in the late 60s) and it isn't showing up well in photos. And Mclaren is a no-no for me too!

Just another alternative fact.
    An interview with McLaren's CEO is "another alternative fact"?

Mclaren: Man, how could Mclaren [censored by FOM] this livery up??????? The orange??? just everything about it!!

Ferrari: After watching several videos on the track, she looks GOOD!!(livery wise/track wise). Now lets see if this SF70-H can take the fight to RedBull and Mercedes whom, after reading several articles, they(MB) have bumped up the horsepower(1000hp???? some are claiming) even more and can maintain it for a longer period. Don't mean to be a "debbie-downer."

Redbull: Launches Sunday and waiting to see what the RB13 looks like as they still have yet to disappoint (livery wise).....Haas too launches same day but not really interested.

Now lets see how we do @ Barcelona.....then its off to Melbourne.

So here are pics of the 2017 Williams FW40:

Attachment 6957
    Attachment 6958
    Attachment 6959

right click on the pic then use the drop down menu to "open new window" for larger pic

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    So here are pics of the 2017 Williams FW40:

Attachment 6957
    Attachment 6958
    Attachment 6959

... meh

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    ... meh
    yep, its conservative....just last years paint scheme...but really, thats been Martini's paint scheme since the late 60's and 70's with Porsche.

I was expecting a bit more from McLaren, Williams and Ferrari as the stalwarts of F1. But meh. Sauba and Merc nailed it though!

Quote Originally Posted by Bonecrasher View Post
    I was expecting a bit more from McLaren, Williams and Ferrari as the stalwarts of F1. But meh. Sauba and Merc nailed it though!
    Mclarens livery IMO sucked.
    Williams livery: same as last years so its expected...and possibly next year
    FERRARI"s livery: nailed it
    Sauber's livery: sucked...to much white and not enough sponsors
    Renault's livery: nailed it
    Merc's livery: nailed it

In my humble opinion, Merc's livery is lifeless and the dullest of all, it's just a silver car and that Petronas green doesn't match the silver in any way. McLaren used to rock the silver way better than Merc does.
    On the Merc livery, I guess really its just that "flowing" thin green and blue lines on the front, sides and rear. Mclaren had a glossy silver(vodafone) and then with West it was silver and black both of which looked WAY BETTER compared to now. Now the matte finish is in instead of the glossy/shiny paint ala RB,MB, and Renault.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    On the Merc livery, I guess really its just that "flowing" thin green and blue lines on the front, sides and rear. Mclaren had a glossy silver(vodafone) and then with West it was silver and black both of which looked WAY BETTER compared to now. Now the matte finish is in instead of the glossy/shiny paint ala RB,MB, and Renault.

I think the matte finish works with any color other than silver. Silver should be glossy.

Toro Rosso delays 2017 STR12 launch!

ya think??? after suffering a blown engine on filming day....not good

http://en.f1i.com/news/90147-toro-ro...12-launch.html

I missed this one.....oh well...thought I would post if anyone is interested....