Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Launch Dates & Livery Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    W08 on track day at Barcelona:

Scarbs had a tweet on that cooling exit, coining the word "Fimney". Kind of a reach, but it's Scarbs so may catch on regardless .
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Quote Originally Posted by abbottcostello View Post
    Scarbs had a tweet on that cooling exit, coining the word "Fimney". Kind of a reach, but it's Scarbs so may catch on regardless .
    I was thinking the same thing. Some kind of "exit for heat" being where it is situated with regards to the engine.

W08 2nd day testing

Attachment 6990

Attachment 6991

W08 2nd day testing

Attachment 6990

Attachment 6991
    A double T wing...the cheek of it!!

Quote Originally Posted by marcus17 View Post
    A double T wing...the cheek of it!!
    yup....notice no shark-fin.....its all for testing purposes only.....

This merge looks scary.........similarities????

Attachment 6992

Force India to change to pink livery:

https://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2017/...nsorship-deal/

Force India to change to pink livery:

https://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2017/...nsorship-deal/
    Fresh approach...

Oh dear... I thought this was a joke

Quote Originally Posted by jragona View Post
    Oh dear... I thought this was a joke
    Same .
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Not a joke, and was reported last week. I like it a lot, F1 needs these innovative liveries: I was sick and tired of all that grey and black in the grid
    #GillesPerSempre #KeepFightingMichael #JB17

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Fresh approach...
    yup....company sponsors some outfits in DTM....so they are trying F1....good for the company, Force India and for F1.

yup....company sponsors some outfits in DTM....so they are trying F1....good for the company, Force India and for F1.
    This.
    Anyways, what I definitely don't like is that Perez and Ocon's helmets will be pink, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Scuderia1967 View Post
    This.
    Anyways, what I definitely don't like is that Perez and Ocon's helmets will be pink, too!
    Can't be as bad as wearing orange though....

Can't be as bad as wearing orange though....
    No love for those boys at Spyker-Honda, I reckon

Mercedes to remove #KeepFightingMichael message on its 2017 livery.

Mercedes explains removal of Schumacher branding -------------pub Mar. 15, 2017

Mercedes has defended its decision to remove the 'KeepFightingMichael' hashtag branding from the livery of its F1 car. Ever since former team driver Michael Schumacher's horror skiing crash and brain injuries some years ago, Mercedes has published the supportive message on its car. But some fans have noted with dismay that the 2017 silver car does not feature the Schumacher branding.

A team spokesman told the German newspaper Bild: "It was removed to free the way for future usage of the message. Now, 'Keep Fighting' is an initiative founded at the end of 2016 to encourage people based on Michael's legendary fighting spirit. Mercedes and the family of Michael Schumacher will work together on a variety of common activities which will be communicated in time," the spokesman added.

source: https://www.f1today.net/en/news/f1/2...acher-branding

Mercedes to remove #KeepFightingMichael message on its 2017 livery.

Mercedes explains removal of Schumacher branding -------------pub Mar. 15, 2017

Mercedes has defended its decision to remove the 'KeepFightingMichael' hashtag branding from the livery of its F1 car. Ever since former team driver Michael Schumacher's horror skiing crash and brain injuries some years ago, Mercedes has published the supportive message on its car. But some fans have noted with dismay that the 2017 silver car does not feature the Schumacher branding.

A team spokesman told the German newspaper Bild: "It was removed to free the way for future usage of the message. Now, 'Keep Fighting' is an initiative founded at the end of 2016 to encourage people based on Michael's legendary fighting spirit. Mercedes and the family of Michael Schumacher will work together on a variety of common activities which will be communicated in time," the spokesman added.

source: https://www.f1today.net/en/news/f1/2...acher-branding
    Kellyanne Conway's new job

I don't see McLaren switching. At least not this year. This is about issuing a warning to Honda. They have a long term contract, if they do break it its most likely the end of the year.

Although Honda is struggling right now, they offer McLaren the only chance (other than Renault) to truly mount a successful bid to win the WCC/WDC. They may be more competitive with Mercedes, but they would never have a chance to win titles unless Mercedes stops funding its own team (and Ferrari would never sell them engines either).
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

I believe at the end of the year they take ''divorce''.

IMHO all it might need could be if Honda would swallow their pride and get some help from outside such as Mario Illien.

Well its either the switch to the Merc. PU OR take a 500 grid spot penalty after they have used up all engines according to the rules.(they used up 7 supposedly during testing)....every race. The switch might put them in the points which means millions as opposed to nothing and at the back. Yes, its a big gamble and alot of money involved due to the contract involved with Mclaren/Honda.

Also, that Honda PU is already down in horsepower for 2017.....I believe last year they were down like 100hp but don't quote me on that.
    Last edited by jgonzalesm6; 16th March 2017 at 17:44.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Although Honda is struggling right now, they offer McLaren the only chance (other than Renault) to truly mount a successful bid to win the WCC/WDC. They may be more competitive with Mercedes, but they would never have a chance to win titles unless Mercedes stops funding its own team (and Ferrari would never sell them engines either).
    Agreed...they won't get to the top 3 but will at least be fighting Williams and FI......THEN we will really find out if Mac's problems are the engine and NOT the chassis...which for the moment they are blaming the engine. I think its both.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Here's a win win situation. Ferrari sells them last years engine and allows them to brand it as a Honda. Let Honda do any mods or updates they want to it. Then after learning from Ferrari's unit, they can build their own for 2018.
    Honda saves face... Mclarens race... and Ferrari to the rescue.. now they have bit they can dangle over McLaren and their fans for ever forward as being their saviour.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Here's a win win situation. Ferrari sells them last years engine and allows them to brand it as a Honda. Let Honda do any mods or updates they want to it. Then after learning from Ferrari's unit, they can build their own for 2018.
    Honda saves face... Mclarens race... and Ferrari to the rescue.. now they have bit they can dangle over McLaren and their fans for ever forward as being their saviour.
    LOL....funny. Jokes aside, IMHO Mclaren are screwed this first season. All chassis's have engine mount points regulated by the FIA and any other engine in the MCL32 would require a total redesign of the aft portion of the car....so in short, Mclaren/Honda are [censored by FOM] for 2017.

If Honda steps out (and McBoomers can find the 100M that it will cost them-sponsorship, engine costs, drivers salaries etc-), as far as I understand, the other engine manufactures have to supply engines to McLaren, like it or not. And some say that the procedure is as simple as a...lottery! If it's true, I would love to see the faces of McLaren fan-boys with a McLaren-Ferrari....

I kind of wish Ferrari would offer their engines to McLaren (or Red Bull last year). It would be good compare the Ferrari with McLaren and Red Bull directly to see where the Ferrari's structural faults have been over the last few years...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    IMHO all it might need could be if Honda would swallow their pride and get some help from outside such as Mario Illien.
    They had it, in the person of Giles Simon, the former Ferrari man. They fired him a few weeks ago...

Apparently for a reason.