Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Launch Dates & Livery Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by Bonecrasher View Post
    I was expecting a bit more from McLaren, Williams and Ferrari as the stalwarts of F1. But meh. Sauba and Merc nailed it though!
    McLaren and Williams, "stalwarts of F1"? Man, the 80's and the 90's are long gone!
    #GillesPerSempre #KeepFightingMichael #JB17

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    So here are pics of the 2017 Williams FW40:

Attachment 6957
    Attachment 6958
    Attachment 6959

right click on the pic then use the drop down menu to "open new window" for larger pic
    When Williams showed the render, last week, many people said "it's only a render, the real car will be very different". Well, apart from the sharkfin, the car looks exactly the undeveloped same...

Quote Originally Posted by Scuderia1967 View Post
    When Williams showed the render, last week, many people said "it's only a render, the real car will be very different". Well, apart from the sharkfin, the car looks exactly the undeveloped same...
    Agreed

Hass 2017 challenger -

Good thing they are are working at the same windtunnel!

F1 show biz 2016 :
    Toto - "Ferrari are a real threat" .... Nico - "Awesome, everything is just awesome" .....Lulu - "Mental strength man, lifestyle man, I'll drive at 400% as ever man".... and then suddenly a wild Bull out of nowhere slams into a Ferrari.

Not a bad livery for Haas I might add. Definitely better than last years.

Toro Rosso delays 2017 STR12 launch!

ya think??? after suffering a blown engine on filming day....not good

http://en.f1i.com/news/90147-toro-ro...12-launch.html

I missed this one.....oh well...thought I would post if anyone is interested....
    Doubt that pu problems were key to the delay, it is only moved back 1½ hr. & car don't need to run for presentation anyhow!
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Rather surprised there have been no "leaked" photos of TR with such a big color change being talked about. Might be quite striking departure from their past!
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Quote Originally Posted by abbottcostello View Post
    Doubt that pu problems were key to the delay, it is only moved back 1½ hr. & car don't need to run for presentation anyhow!
    That could be the case. However they are prolonging the inevitable question: " So what happened to the Renault PU during your filming session and are you satisfied with it due to recent events?"

Not a bad livery for Haas I might add. Definitely better than last years.
    The livery does look good... in that photo, taken with the car in the shade. In this one, taken with the sun hitting the car, it doesn't look that good...

https://cdn-6.motorsport.com/images/...haas-vf-17.jpg

The livery does look good... in that photo, taken with the car in the shade. In this one, taken with the sun hitting the car, it doesn't look that good...

https://cdn-6.motorsport.com/images/...haas-vf-17.jpg

ugh....did'nt see that one in the sun.....thats a dull grey too....

Anyway, the car itself looks very impressive, much more developed than the Williams or the Sauber

Anyway, the car itself looks very impressive, much more developed than the Williams or the Sauber
    Indeed when you make that comparison.....I rather like what they did with the "aesthetics" of the shark fin/sail...most notably the kink at the end.

Redbull launch is moments away

The nose appears to funnel air somewhere. It's both a doodle and a butt hole.

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    Livery wise....it looks the same as last years. I like the "unlucky for some" logo.

Please dont anyone tell me that this car is innovative!!!!!!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Please dont anyone tell me that this car is innovative!!!!!!!!!!
    LOL.....I'm not saying anything

to be honest, just looking at what is presented...it looks rather simple, basic....

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    The nose appears to funnel air somewhere. It's both a doodle and a butt hole.
    My first thought on that was, this funnel in the nose could be feeding the S-Duct, but that's only a guess.

Quote Originally Posted by jragona View Post
    My first thought on that was, this funnel in the nose could be feeding the S-Duct, but that's only a guess.

yup....my thoughts exactly

It has got a stepped nose as well like force India... but not as prominent.

Knowing how good Adrian Newey is, I KNOW this car is fast... But the secrets are well hidden.

Is it possible for them to funnel air through the nose and then release it underneath the car and onto the diffuser? Or is that not possible/not beneficial/illegal?

It can't just be the S-duct. The rest of the car is so simplistic that this must be some sort of major design secret... OR, this is a launch car only - for photos and media attention - and is not actually representative of what will go testing/racing.

I dunno, but I'm... meh.

Agree with you JPBD on Adrian Newey on "how good he is" from an aero/chassis perspective.....

Agree with you JPBD on Adrian Newey on "how good he is" from an aero/chassis perspective.....
    Yes, but he is only a man, he can make a bad car, he did in McL

I think the car will look abit more different tommorrow!
    CUT ME. CUT YOU. BOTH OUR BLOOD IS FERRARI RED!

god dang it Red Bull....
    Seriously the team is so full of itself.... most obnoxious team of all in the history!! I hope it's a stinker!

F1 show biz 2016 :
    Toto - "Ferrari are a real threat" .... Nico - "Awesome, everything is just awesome" .....Lulu - "Mental strength man, lifestyle man, I'll drive at 400% as ever man".... and then suddenly a wild Bull out of nowhere slams into a Ferrari.

If we had presented this car,everyone would say that its SO simple andcwe cant design an aerodynamic car.Now that RBR has present it, it MUST be a beast just because its a Red Bull and Newey has designed it.
    Everyonesay that our nose (and generally the front end) is so basic but Red Bull just hiding and will present a totally new car tomorrow and till Melbourne!!!!
    Im total sick with all this bias towards RBR and Merc!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PadGeT View Post
    god dang it Red Bull....
    Seriously the team is so full of itself.... most obnoxious team of all in the history!! I hope it's a stinker!
    Given RedBull's history as an F1 team and budgets, and its a short one compared to the other two(Ferrari/MB) in both history and budgets, they have progressed and are now considered one of the best run teams on the grid given its history and budget when comparing it to Ferrari and MB....and are considered at top tier 1 team when comparing it to the rest of the field.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    If we had presented this car,everyone would say that its SO simple andcwe cant design an aerodynamic car.Now that RBR has present it, it MUST be a beast just because its a Red Bull and Newey has designed it.
    Everyonesay that our nose (and generally the front end) is so basic but Red Bull just hiding and will present a totally new car tomorrow and till Melbourne!!!!
    Im total sick with all this bias towards RBR and Merc!!!!!

I was talking about their pre season interviews and the presentation where they didn't show anything! It's a technical sport I know it, but the amount of secrecy they maintain is lunatic, deploying guards to protect the back of their car for so many years! What are they doing for the fans of the sport! I haven't seen them passing on any sort of tech knowhow to the fans.
    That's why I said them to be obnoxious! It's easy to dominate in chassis area, if you spend the kind of money that Ferrari and MB spend for the entire car only to your chassis development. And then they come up with.." Oh we are so great! We like to challenge anyone when it comes to aero"! Of course you would! And the aura of smugness is so toxic!

F1 show biz 2016 :

[QUOTE=PURE PASSION;928065]If we had presented this car,everyone would say that its SO simple andcwe cant design an aerodynamic car.Now that RBR has present it, it MUST be a beast just because its a Red Bull and Newey has designed it.
    Im total sick with all this bias towards RBR and Merc!!!!![/
    QUOTE]

I'm not a fan of the "thumb-nose" or "phallus-nose" myself, why we did'nt keep that part of the nose of the SF15-H is beyond me but they have introduced an s-duct this year while others were already using it....so I have to accept this "silly" nose and take it for what is worth.