Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ferrari would welcome Schumacher to FDA "with red carpet"

Ferrari would welcome Schumacher to FDA "with red carpet"

Ferrari says it would welcome Mick Schumacher to its young driver academy with a 'red carpet', after admitting it has been impressed with the youngster's progress.

Schumacher, the son of seven-time world champion Michael, is stepping up to the European Formula 3 Championship this season with Prema.

Mercedes has already been linked with a potential move to sign up the 17-year-old to its young driver programme, and now Ferrari has said it too would like to have him as part of its Ferrari Driver Academy (FDA).

Massimo Rivola, the FDA manager, told Gazzetta dello Sport about Schumacher: "Obviously we follow him.

"And this year we will have the opportunity to stay very close to Mick, because he will be teammate of our FDA driver (Guan Yu) Zhou in the Prema team.

"About his future, I don't know what Mick will decide to do. But if he would like to enter the FDA programme, he will find a red carpet."

Rivola added that it was not just Schumacher's form on track that impressed him, but also the way he handled himself outside of a car too.

"Mick seems very polite and he's not full of himself - so congratulations to his parents. They did a very good job with him.

"He's very young, and he must manage a very huge media pressure. But he is doing it very well."

Giovinazzi and F1

Rivola has also heaped praise on Ferrari third driver Antonio Giovinazzi, who was signed up after an impressive rookie campaign in GP2 where he won five races and finished runner-up to Pierre Gasly.

"He's very strong," explained Rivola. "I wanted him in the Academy already at the beginning of 2016, so I'm very happy that he's now Ferrari's third driver. He deserves this chance.

"For me, he is a great talent and his attitude is impressive. It is true that Antonio is 23, but I don't think it is correct that F1's door is open only to 18-year-old drivers.

"Every driver has a personal story, and that is what F1 must look at."
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.

What you said!

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post

1 more please, please!
    CUT ME. CUT YOU. BOTH OUR BLOOD IS FERRARI RED!

Mick in Ferrari if Seb decides to leave at the end of 2017, please

Funny how yours coincides with this:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/127733

It would be wise to post the source.

I know nothing of his abilities, but just because his father was a great driver, will he be? Ralf wasn't too impressive...

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    I know nothing of his abilities, but just because his father was a great driver, will he be? Ralf wasn't too impressive...
    True that. However, he definitely deserves a chance in Ferrari's driver academy. I thinks his result so far are pretty solid.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post

Sorry ,my bad,i forgot to post the source.
    And to tell you the truth, i dont remember if i took it from there or another site,because the are a few with more ir less the same article !
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Ralf has six wins to his name. He wasn't a bad driver in my opinion and if he'd raced in an era without Michael there, who knows how many more he might have.

Mick is very promising so far. He had a good debut season in ADAC F4 in 2015, finishing as the top rookie comfortably. In 2016 he competed in German (ADAC) and Italian F4 and just missed out on both titles, finishing runner up. He took a load of wins, a few of which were from the back of the field (a 30 odd car field, no less) after mechanical issues or penalties had affected his qualifying. He had a few mechanical issues through the season, plus a number of crashes that weren't his fault. He made a couple of mistakes himself but was generally very impressive. If he had concentrated on just one series, I think he would have won the title.

This year he is promoted to F3 with the Prema PowerTeam. They won Championships in both Italian and German F4 (both with Mick), F3, and GP2. They've held the F3 title since 2013, so based on that alone, Mick is in with a good shout this year.

Prema are quite closely tied with Ferrari and have another of their FDA drivers alongside Mick in F3 this year. We also just promoted another Prema driver, Antonio Giovanazzi, from GP2 to our reserve driver.

I think he has a very promising future under Ferrari and would love to see him race in F1......he wont be the GOAT in F1 like his father....he can only succeed him.

I have to believe the same red carpet put out for Michael's comeback and retiring @ Merc will be ready and willing for his son also. It remains to be seen if the German home team can sway the boy to his father's former team?

This is not a news site. This is a forum where every piece of news, rumor & wishlist is debated & discussed. Do not fingerpoint incase someone has missed citing the source. Thank the poster for his/her time taken to post the article & start a discussion.
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Quote Originally Posted by vcs316 View Post
    This is not a news site. This is a forum where every piece of news, rumor & wishlist is debated & discussed. Do not fingerpoint incase someone has missed citing the source. Thank the poster for his/her time taken to post the article & start a discussion.
    Apologies/corrections were made.....enough said!

Mick has alot of pressure on his back just by his last name only.....let's hope his performance is based on merit and not name or "emotional" pressures from fans and marketing. I hope all of us can just let him work at his own pace....sure would be AWESOME to see his dad coaching him and being along his side.....I'm sure his dad would be at every race and seeing him win would bring a tear or two to his eyes.

If he has half the talent of his dad he will be a multiple world champion in F1.
    Think about it, Mick winning a race and hearing the german and italian anthem together would bring tears to my eyes.

Ah yes the anthems!

Those good old times mmm.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

I'd love to see Mick in his natural home, but I don't know: the vultures are already circling him...

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...9806978781.jpg

Well, his dad did end with MB after a two year stint with them.....

Hence my comment, too

It's tough to be with Ferrari and speak German only! Italian is the language @ Ferrari !

Eriksson wins, Mick Schumacher takes maiden Formula 3 podium

http://www.fiaf3europe.com/2017/04/3...mula-3-podium/

good start for mick!

I believe ability should get you in the academy not your name. If he is as good as the best then definitely give him the chance, but do not make the mistakes of old where nepotism and wasting large amounts of cash on fruitless pie in the sky dreams was the norm. If he is good enough, then it would be fantastic having him at Ferrari, but not if having him means slamming the door on a better but unknown driver regardless of how good the PR would be.

Quote Originally Posted by steelstallions View Post
    I believe ability should get you in the academy not your name. If he is as good as the best then definitely give him the chance, but do not make the mistakes of old where nepotism and wasting large amounts of cash on fruitless pie in the sky dreams was the norm. If he is good enough, then it would be fantastic having him at Ferrari, but not if having him means slamming the door on a better but unknown driver regardless of how good the PR would be.
    So far he is great. Let's hope he can keep the momentum.

Quote Originally Posted by steelstallions View Post
    Agreed. Sometimes, as they say, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, sometimes it's miles away. We already had a Ralf Schumacher and a Nelson Piquet Jr. If he is close to his father's skill, he will get in on his own merit, if not, his name should not be his ticket into the tent.

My 2 cents, and not trying to bust anyone's chops, but I think it befits the class acts that are the tifosi to give credit where credit is do and to always cite sources

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Merc for sure would love to have him with them.

Schumacher Jnr eyeing F1 'one step at a time'

Germany - As teens, Max Verstappen and Lance Stroll both powered straight out of European F3 onto the Formula 1 grid.

But Schumacher, son of the F1 legend Michael Schumacher, says he is in no such rush.

"I've just come into Formula 3 - my second weekend is just over," the 18-year-old German told the ARD broadcaster.

He said: "For me it's about taking one step at a time. I cannot say anything concrete yet."

'It's extremely fun'

Schumacher said he already feels comfortable in the highly competitive junior series, although he is currently just fifth overall.

He said: "I have no real trouble. The car is extremely fast - I think almost as fast as DTM. It's extremely fun."

Norbert Haug, the former Mercedes F1 chief, hailed Schumacher's progress so far.

He said: "He is very, very controlled, he looks very good and I have a good feeling. He drives close to the limit but not beyond it. We can all expect a great deal from him."

source: http://www.wheels24.co.za/FormulaOne...-time-20170508

FerrariSteve Guest
    I hope he takes his time before he comes to F1, the kind of pressure on him once he steps into F1 would be immense indeed and crippling for some people.
    I wish him the best though. (I would love it if he joined Ferrari one day and kicked Hamilton's behind like his Dad did to Hill etc etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariSteve View Post
    I hope he takes his time before he comes to F1, the kind of pressure on him once he steps into F1 would be immense indeed and crippling for some people.
    I wish him the best though. (I would love it if he joined Ferrari one day and kicked Hamilton's behind like his Dad did to Hill etc etc.)
    Quite agree, especially your last comment! He shows promise for sure, and is possibly already on Merc's shopping list being German, but it doesn't look like he's another Mad Max just yet. Depending on what this season brings with Seb and Kimi and what transpires for 2018, I'd still love Giovinazzi to be given a racing chance, an Italian in a Ferrari is what dreams are made of!