Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 42 of 42

Thread: Exclusive: Ferrari's $100 Million F1 Bonus At Risk(pub. Jan. 21, 2017)

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    696
    Rumors have it now that Bernie is looking into the idea of starting up a rival series to F1. Before people play the IndyCar card, have in mind that no other series ever had a furious Bernie Ecclestone in the other corner of the ring. So nobody can say how something like that will turn out. Bernie might have put in a lot of "backdoors" into the system that only he or a very limited few know about. Yes, it comes out very timely after Liberty hinted that Ferrari might lose the $100 million bonus yearly (and other teams too, but a somewhat lower bonus). But it also comes out at basicly the same time as Liberty axed Bernie. One thing is for sure, even with his age in mind, he's someone that might pull it off if he gets the right people on board to ""help" him. For me to really believe in this would need one or two more gearshifts. Right now this rumors rolls along in 3rd gear.

    But, if it comes down to a development race regarding who fastest can introduce naturally aspirated engines back in to a premium open-wheel racing formula, then my money is on Bernie. Don't you find it strange that so many classic race tracks have disapperad from F1 in this millenium? It's not like a switch always worked out with money in mind. Turkey failed, India failed, Korea failed, Valencia failed etc. Maybe it was all done on purpose. Maybe that's one of the "backdoors".

    The only thing Bernie would need to do is to lure over Ferrari, McLaren and Williams and make the rival series one second quicker than F1. Nobody would care if it's "green" or not.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    1,422
    Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    Rumors have it now that Bernie is looking into the idea of starting up a rival series to F1. Before people play the IndyCar card, have in mind that no other series ever had a furious Bernie Ecclestone in the other corner of the ring. So nobody can say how something like that will turn out. Bernie might have put in a lot of "backdoors" into the system that only he or a very limited few know about. Yes, it comes out very timely after Liberty hinted that Ferrari might lose the $100 million bonus yearly (and other teams too, but a somewhat lower bonus). But it also comes out at basicly the same time as Liberty axed Bernie. One thing is for sure, even with his age in mind, he's someone that might pull it off if he gets the right people on board to ""help" him. For me to really believe in this would need one or two more gearshifts. Right now this rumors rolls along in 3rd gear.

    But, if it comes down to a development race regarding who fastest can introduce naturally aspirated engines back in to a premium open-wheel racing formula, then my money is on Bernie. Don't you find it strange that so many classic race tracks have disapperad from F1 in this millenium? It's not like a switch always worked out with money in mind. Turkey failed, India failed, Korea failed, Valencia failed etc. Maybe it was all done on purpose. Maybe that's one of the "backdoors".

    The only thing Bernie would need to do is to lure over Ferrari, McLaren and Williams and make the rival series one second quicker than F1. Nobody would care if it's "green" or not.
    Yeeeeeeeaaaaaahhhhh but he's 86 years old!!!!!!! Maybe in his 50's or late 60's....Im stretching it in the 70's. It's time for him to bow out plus there are numerous articles out there right now saying that he is NOT venturing into another race series.

    Incidently, has anyone seen the Superleague Formula V-12:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWHOSMh3G3c

    Thats where F1 needs to go....in that direction.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    696
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Yeeeeeeeaaaaaahhhhh but he's 86 years old!!!!!!! Maybe in his 50's or late 60's....Im stretching it in the 70's. It's time for him to bow out plus there are numerous articles out there right now saying that he is NOT venturing into another race series.

    Incidently, has anyone seen the Superleague Formula V-12:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWHOSMh3G3c

    Thats where F1 needs to go....in that direction.
    And now Bernie denies it, that he plans to set up a rival series, not a breakaway. I'm really not sure who I should quote because they all hate me equally the same. I've made so many enemies over the years because of F1 that he avenues are limited. So I'll quote the Sky Sports this time.

    Bernie Ecclestone breaks silence and rules out rival F1 series
    http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/124...ival-f1-series

    From his letter.

    "I have built the championship over the last near 50 years, which is something I am proud of, and the last thing I want is to see it damaged."

    Well, that's it then. What Bernie says is the law and if he says he has no plans then he has no plans.

    My personal comment: If I was Bernie, and if I'm lucky to live untill I'm 86 years old, I would raise hell. I wouldn't give them an inch. But on the other hand, I'm not 86 years old. If I live that long I'm going to make a comment in the 2060's.

    Besides, approx. 85% of all Formula 1 fans, followers, supporters care only about Ferrari, McLaren and Williams. From these 85% I would say 55% are tifosi, 35% McLaren and 10% Williams. The 15% that don't care about any of these three teams are idiots.
    Last edited by 512 TR; 28th January 2017 at 01:45.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    696
    I will add this. If Liberty and thousand of morons, who call themselves F1 fans, don't find it necessary to acknowledge the importance of the Scuderia Ferrari to the sport them I'm actually fine with it. Who cares if a team assembled cars every year since 1950 so that YOU could watch someone beat them (most of times). So you could cheer on whoever you liked at the time. Who cares, right? Just a small bump in the road if the Scuderia Ferrari should say "enough", right? If the last two sentences is how YOU feel, then your crazy psychopaths. I'm not joking. You're lunatics. If you want to go down that road I will say this. With or without Bernie Ecclestone, Ferrari can set up their own racing series of premium open-wheel racing. They can do it, they have the cash, history and admiration in the world. So I would be very careful if I was a psychopath like you to call the cards the Scuderia Ferrari is sitting on. The ball is in your court.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    1,422
    Ferrari wants Liberty to outline its plans for F1's future:

    http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/fe...future-870838/

    IMO, I would wait to see what the "NEW FORMULA" will be in 2019 or 2020 going into 2021 before I invest into Liberty right now.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    1,440
    Article from a new (? to me at least) website.
    From Scuderiafans.com
    'Sergio Marchionne hints at buying a share of Liberty Media'
    The 64-year-old Italian-Canadian executive added that for the moment it would be “unwise” from Ferrari to make any moves without having a clear idea of what will happen after 2020, when the Concorde Agreement will expire.
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    1,977
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Ferrari wants Liberty to outline its plans for F1's future:

    http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/fe...future-870838/

    IMO, I would wait to see what the "NEW FORMULA" will be in 2019 or 2020 going into 2021 before I invest into Liberty right now.
    Actually if I was liberty, at this very exact moment I'd take a deep breath and would be very careful of what I'd put in paper before sending it over to Maranelo.

    But that's me.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    1,422
    Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Actually if I was liberty, at this very exact moment I'd take a deep breath and would be very careful of what I'd put in paper before sending it over to Maranelo.

    But that's me.
    Yes, Liberty is gonna invest alot more than the original $8 billion to buy F1. IMO, to the get the money flowing in NOW, is to the get the Live-Streaming Package deals going globally. Little if not hardly any capital expenditures from the on-set due to their experience in media....INSTEAD OF offering a "future" in F1 when you, me, the teams don't even know what that future will be in 2021. I just don't want manufactures dictating "green" or "earth-friendly" engines/PU's at the expense of THEIR own financial gain as well as the expense of the sport itself.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    1,440
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Yes, Liberty is gonna invest alot more than the original $8 billion to buy F1. IMO, to the get the money flowing in NOW, is to the get the Live-Streaming Package deals going globally. Little if not hardly any capital expenditures from the on-set due to their experience in media....INSTEAD OF offering a "future" in F1 when you, me, the teams don't even know what that future will be in 2021. I just don't want manufactures dictating "green" or "earth-friendly" engines/PU's at the expense of THEIR own financial gain as well as the expense of the sport itself.
    I think their investment is more like $4.4B. $8B is total value of F1, Liberty only bought CVC share of the sport. The Concorde Agreement is what has given the teams the power they now have ( engines, aero, etc.), that doesn't expire until end of 2019.
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,364
    Max Moseley, remember that nasty spoiler from the past? has piped in on this matter recently and said if it were him he'd eliminate Ferrari's bonus. Now that Bernie the Eck is done he should be reminded that Goebbels went the way of Hitler or doesn't he remember elements of his family history?

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Northglenn
    Posts
    2,667
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Yes, Liberty is gonna invest alot more than the original $8 billion to buy F1. IMO, to the get the money flowing in NOW, is to the get the Live-Streaming Package deals going globally. Little if not hardly any capital expenditures from the on-set due to their experience in media....INSTEAD OF offering a "future" in F1 when you, me, the teams don't even know what that future will be in 2021. I just don't want manufactures dictating "green" or "earth-friendly" engines/PU's at the expense of THEIR own financial gain as well as the expense of the sport itself.
    Liberty Media is going to grow the media presence of the sport dramatically, streaming video, all sorts of more advertising, etc.. Look for better deals for the average guy and yet still have the exclusive packages for those with the big bucks... They will grow the sport....
    President, Scuderia Ferrari Club of Denver - The Official Passion
    http://www.scuderiaferrari.club
    denver@scuderiaferrari.club

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Posts
    345
    Quote Originally Posted by GrndLkNatv View Post
    Liberty Media is going to grow the media presence of the sport dramatically, streaming video, all sorts of more advertising, etc.. Look for better deals for the average guy and yet still have the exclusive packages for those with the big bucks... They will grow the sport....
    Hope you're right, but I'm starting to feel everybody thinks LM to be some kind of magicians who, with a stroke of their wands, will make F1 great again

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •