Thread: Does anyone remeber Stefano Domenicali? Lamborghini possible future in F1?

Does anyone remeber Stefano Domenicali? Lamborghini possible future in F1?

Stefano Domenicali is leaving a door open for a return to formula one:

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns35658.html

Simple answer is no. Lambo is focused on GT3-4 cars at moment, as thats more for their marketing and budgets. There is also talk of GTE car being built. But until the new GT regs get ironed out, there is alot of talk of GT convergence, still. Between GTE and GT3 cars. Lambo is owned by Audi, F1 isnt really on either of their radars.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Simple answer is no. Lambo is focused on GT3-4 cars at moment, as thats more for their marketing and budgets. There is also talk of GTE car being built. But until the new GT regs get ironed out, there is alot of talk of GT convergence, still. Between GTE and GT3 cars. Lambo is owned by Audi, F1 isnt really on either of their radars.
    +1

I did'nt think so Rob. Every now and then I get to see the Blancpain series on NBCSN....now thats racing if you ask me and the level of wheel to wheel racing!!!

If Audi decides to venture in F1, they will choose Audi as the brand not Lambo. Audi is the most powerful brand of that corporation.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    If Audi decides to venture in F1, they will choose Audi as the brand not Lambo. Audi is the most powerful brand of that corporation.
    ...and/or Porsche. Lamborghini has historically played the joker role?

Quote Originally Posted by Liscia View Post
    ...and/or Porsche. Lamborghini has historically played the joker role?
    Porsche is owned by VW. Audi can benefit more from F1 marketing than Lambo imo. They don't play the joker role but a different role nevertheless :D

Seemingly the wannabe (or is it Bizzaro) Ferrari role?

VW and Audi left both WRC and WEC for budgetary reasons, and you're expecting me to believe VAG will enter the most expensive motorsport of them all? That's a big no-no

Quote Originally Posted by Scuderia1967 View Post
    VW and Audi left both WRC and WEC for budgetary reasons, and you're expecting me to believe VAG will enter the most expensive motorsport of them all? That's a big no-no

Under the current formula....yes its a no.....but after the 2020 concorde agreement...things will change plus new owners.....VAG just might consider it and post under A name.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Under the current formula....yes its a no.....but after the 2020 concorde agreement...things will change plus new owners.....VAG just might consider it and post under A name.
    Will they? They never expressed real interest in F1 before (for me, those rumours of Audi powering Red Bull from 3 years ago were just that: rumours)

Quote Originally Posted by Scuderia1967 View Post
    Will they? They never expressed real interest in F1 before (for me, those rumours of Audi powering Red Bull from 3 years ago were just that: rumours)
    We will see after the 2020 Concorde agreement.....Ford has even considered it as a possibility after 2020....maybe as an engine supplier ala Cosworth.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    We will see after the 2020 Concorde agreement.....Ford has even considered it as a possibility after 2020....maybe as an engine supplier ala Cosworth.
    That's 3 years away, and will depend on a lot of things. Let's wait and see