Thread: Ferrari 812 Superfast

Ferrari 812 Superfast

Ferrai has just showed the F12 successor on its Facebook pages. What do you guys think?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/news...fast-revealed/
    #GillesPerSempre #KeepFightingMichael #JB17

I think it looks absolutely fantastic! I didn't realize the F12 was due for a successor, so, this was a nice treat. To me, it's got some of the same looks/lines as that GTO concept someone drew up from some years back.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/06/08/a.../#slide-289476

Quote Originally Posted by chris.gotfunk View Post
    I think it looks absolutely fantastic! I didn't realize the F12 was due for a successor, so, this was a nice treat. To me, it's got some of the same looks/lines as that GTO concept someone drew up from some years back.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/06/08/a.../#slide-289476
    I remember that concept, it was pretty good.
    Ferrari is saying the 812's (the name probably means "800 PS", "12 cylinders") V12 marks a "new era". Seeing it is normally aspired, I guess that means it won't be the last, as many people were fearing

Quote Originally Posted by Scuderia1967 View Post
    I remember that concept, it was pretty good.
    Ferrari is saying the 812's (the name probably means "800 PS", "12 cylinders") V12 marks a "new era". Seeing it is normally aspired, I guess that means it won't be the last, as many people were fearing
    I am beyond happy Ferrari are keeping the 12 cylinder engines and keeping them normally aspirated. To me, Ferrari IS a V12 and that's its' lineage and history. The amount of power they are getting from this engine is astonishing.

I am beyond happy Ferrari are keeping the 12 cylinder engines and keeping them normally aspirated. To me, Ferrari IS a V12 and that's its' lineage and history. The amount of power they are getting from this engine is astonishing.
    Hope that, too.
    On another matter, the social media is having a blast with the "Superfast" moniker. Everyone is calling it "stupid", obviously not realizing the story Ferrari has with that name

The name is a bit "out of the norm" for typical cars, but I think what people may not realize is "Superfast" is "Superveloce" in Italian which sounds much better. Leave it to the English language to de-beautify a sexy name. I would almost bet that it may start being called the 812SV just to shut people up.

I recall people giving Lamborghini crap for giving the SV moniker to their cars too though.

The name is a bit "out of the norm" for typical cars, but I think what people may not realize is "Superfast" is "Superveloce" in Italian which sounds much better. Leave it to the English language to de-beautify a sexy name. I would almost bet that it may start being called the 812SV just to shut people up.

I recall people giving Lamborghini crap for giving the SV moniker to their cars too though.
    People talk nonsense most of the time, these days. And they're also ignorant: clearly they had never heard of the Superfast from the sixties, to me one of the best looking prancing horses ever

I actually took the time to explain this to some guy on Facebook who has having a tantrum about it. His answer was "I don't care, it's stupid!"

Quote Originally Posted by Scuderia1967 View Post
    I actually took the time to explain this to some guy on Facebook who has having a tantrum about it. His answer was "I don't care, it's stupid!"
    Sounds like my 6 year old son when I tell him to go brush his teeth, wash his hands or get his pajamas on.

Sounds like my 6 year old son when I tell him to go brush his teeth, wash his hands or get his pajamas on.

Back end looks likes the one-off made for a "special" customer....F12 TRS....that is a nice car....front end looks cool as well(F12 TRS)...don't care for the open top....but to pay $4 million....I guess they will make anything you desire if you shell out the moo-lah. This car is beautiful and "superfast" ....789hp and 211mph
    Last edited by jgonzalesm6; 16th February 2017 at 23:42.

A FEW PICS OF THE F12 TRS ONE-OFF made in 2014

Attachment 6879Attachment 6880

right click to drop down and view window for larger pic