Thread: Fittipaldi signs for Ferrari!

Fittipaldi signs for Ferrari!

Fittipaldi signs for Ferrari! pub. Feb. 20, 2017

Ferrari is lining up its future thoroughbreds as the latest members of its exclusive Driver Academy are awarded racing programs with partner Prema in 2017.

Brazilian Enzo Fittipaldi, the grandson of two-time world champion Emerson Fittipaldi, will be entering the Italian Formula 4 Championship with the Prema team in 2017.

After enjoying a successful career in American kart competition, he took part in the Mexican Formula 4 round held jointly with Formula 1 at Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez.

He also entered in a few rounds of the 2016 Ginetta Junior Championship in the united Kingdom.

Following the usual process, Fittipaldi was selected at the end of a stage held in Maranello featuring simulator, physical and on-track training.

"I am very happy and honored to be racing with Prema and to be part of the Ferrari Driver Academy," said the teenager.

" Being a rookie this year I know I will have a lot to learn, but nonetheless I am really motivated and looking forward to the start of the season."

The second aspiring champion who Ferrari has brought under its wing is New Zealander Marcus Armstrong who has also joined the Prema roster.

A committed racer who raced successfully in karting before stepping up to Formula Ford, Armstrong also got a taste of Formula Ford and British F3 last season.

The 16-year-old will enjoy a double-program in 2017, racing in both the Italian and German F1 championships.

“I’m very pleased to be working with Prema Powerteam for the 2017 season," said Armstrong.

"There is a huge amount of knowledge and experience within the team, and it's fantastic to share the same ambition.

"Between Prema and the Ferrari Driver Academy I feel a great collaboration and I can't thank them enough.”

source: http://en.f1i.com/news/89524-fittipa...s-ferrari.html

From Ferrari's TwitterFace, January 2nd, 2022:

"Scuderia Ferrari is happy to announce that Enzo Fittipaldi, the grand-son of Emerson Fittipaldi, will be the reigning-champion Mick Schumacher's team mate for the 2022 season. They will both drive the new, ion-powered, Ferrari F1-75, whose name celebrates the italian carmaker's 75th anniversary"

A Enzo driving a Ferrari, that sounds like music to my ears!
    #GillesPerSempre #KeepFightingMichael #JB17

Quote Originally Posted by Scuderia1967 View Post
    From Ferrari's TwitterFace, January 2nd, 2022:

"Scuderia Ferrari is happy to announce that Enzo Fittipaldi, the grand-son of Emerson Fittipaldi, will be the reigning-champion Mick Schumacher's team mate for the 2022 season. They will both drive the new, ion-powered, Ferrari F1-75, whose name celebrates the italian carmaker's 75th anniversary"

A Enzo driving a Ferrari, that sounds like music to my ears!
    you have the same crystal ball I have.........ha ha

an Enzo driving a Ferrari....with Mick Schumacher as his team-mate......priceless and yet harmonious.
    Last edited by jgonzalesm6; 20th February 2017 at 16:21.

Sounds nice, doesn't it? But let's not get carried away: they both need to prove themselves, and the past isn't exactly full of talented sons-or-grandsons of former F1 drivers.
    Sure, both Damon Hill and Jacques Villeneuve were world champions, but they lacked the talent of their fathers, Jack Brabham's sons weren't exactly the stuff champions are made of, and Piquet's sons, well... the least said the better. And what happened to Giuliano Alesi?

And before you write the words "Max" and "Verstappen", let me tell you I refuse to acknowledge the existence of said person

And before you write the words "Max" and "Verstappen", let me tell you I refuse to acknowledge the existence of said person
    LMAO......got it.....he is proving to be quite the prodigy for his age if I may add...

Sounds nice, doesn't it? But let's not get carried away: they both need to prove themselves, and the past isn't exactly full of talented sons-or-grandsons of former F1 drivers.
    Sure, both Damon Hill and Jacques Villeneuve were world champions, but they lacked the talent of their fathers, Jack Brabham's sons weren't exactly the stuff champions are made of, and Piquet's sons, well... the least said the better. And what happened to Giuliano Alesi?
    I know what you mean.....all have been not as successful as their fathers-grandfathers.....the apple does fall ......well enough said.

Ha ha, I suspect there are a number of Tifosi who feel the same, but you can't deny the guy has scary talent, and should he ever become a Ferrari driver....well, most of us hated Seb Vettel when he was at RB!! But an Enzo in a Ferrari sounds great, although his grandfather mainly drove Mclarens and Lotuses, an enemy for most Tifosi!

I believe Max is massively overrated... and a total jerk. His inability to acknowledge his own, huge blunders makes me want to punch that idiotic face over and over again

Having said that, if he ever signs with Ferrari in the future, I can live with it. Life goes on, the same way it did when that other huge idiot, Alain Prost, drove for us...

You may be a recent member Scuderia1967 but I can see that you have strong opinions on some of the drivers, we all seem to abandon our previous dislike of an individual once they appear in red! I feel the same animosity towards a certain Mercedes driver and I never thought I could support Seb, but as you say, we have to live with it!

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    You may be a recent member Scuderia1967 but I can see that you have strong opinions on some of the drivers, we all seem to abandon our previous dislike of an individual once they appear in red! I feel the same animosity towards a certain Mercedes driver and I never thought I could support Seb, but as you say, we have to live with it!
    I'm a recent member here, but I follow F1 since the early 70's
    Anyway, like I said, I lived through Prost's years with us, so I could do the same with Max or that rapper guy from Merc... as for Seb, I never had a grudge against him: he was a rival, for sure, but not an enemy

I was never a fan of Alonso, too, but he did some amazing work for us. Even so, he never won me over

I was never a fan of Alonso, too, but he did some amazing work for us. Even so, he never won me over
    For what it's worth, my favourite drivers over the years have been Bandini/Scarfiotti/Ickx/Regazzoni/Villeneuve/Alboreto/Schumacher/Irvine/Raikkonen/Alonso//Massa and I've probably forgotten some others, I supported Prost and Mansell in red (briefly!), but only a few of them really won me over!

For what it's worth, my favourite drivers over the years have been Bandini/Scarfiotti/Ickx/Regazzoni/Villeneuve/Alboreto/Schumacher/Irvine/Raikkonen/Alonso//Massa and I've probably forgotten some others, I supported Prost and Mansell in red (briefly!), but only a few of them really won me over!
    Prost and Alonso (and, in the future, Verstappen...) are the exceptions, I have nothing but dedication to the men in Red

Prost and Alonso (and, in the future, Verstappen...) are the exceptions, I have nothing but dedication to the men in Red
    You're right, I should never have forgotten Jean Alesi and Rubens either, or Amon/Scheckter/Pironi/Arnoux/Tambay for that matter, like you scuderia1967, it's dedication and loyalty to those in red, it's just that some of them bring out the prancing horse in me and others don't!

You're right, I should never have forgotten Jean Alesi and Rubens either, or Amon/Scheckter/Pironi/Arnoux/Tambay for that matter, like you scuderia1967, it's dedication and loyalty to those in red, it's just that some of them bring out the prancing horse in me and others don't!
    True. And, even if I didn't like them, I fully supported Prost and Alonso too, let it be said. Sadly, they both showed their troublesome personalities while with us...

Cool!

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus