Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast
Results 421 to 450 of 790

Thread: 1st Winter Testing 27th Feb - 2nd March 2017, Barcelona

  1. #421
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Yorkshire, UK.
    Posts
    68
    Why do I need to chill out for agreeing with a post!

  2. #422
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Lille
    Posts
    715
    Marchionne -
    It’s a giant step forward from 2016, but it might not be enough for winning the championship
    EDIT: Sorry! already posted.. late to the party I guess!

    F1 show biz 2016 :
    Toto - "Ferrari are a real threat" .... Nico - "Awesome, everything is just awesome" .....Lulu - "Mental strength man, lifestyle man, I'll drive at 400% as ever man".... and then suddenly a wild Bull out of nowhere slams into a Ferrari.

  3. #423
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    1,922
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    you guys need to chill out, the pol position will be in the high 1 minute 18 :). No team is even trying
    yup....I agree.....definitely alot of "sandbagging" going on at these early tests......Maybe the last day will be interesting.

  4. #424
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    1,922
    Quote Originally Posted by Hills View Post
    Why do I need to chill out for agreeing with a post!
    I don' think it was towards you HILLS....more so the people that are posting times...but I digress

  5. #425
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Yorkshire, UK.
    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    I don' think it was towards you HILLS....more so the people that are posting times...but I digress
    I understand, no worries. None of us are daft of course and already know this. We are just having fun and enjoying the sport.

  6. #426
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    365
    From Autosport:

    I spent a lot of Bottas's race run watching from trackside, and it looked...messy. He had quite a bit of understeer early on when the car was heavy, and it was moving around on him in the corners. The contrast with watching Raikkonen in the Ferrari was huge, although of course Ferrari has been working on a different programme this afternoon. But the car was doing everything Raikkonen would want, and he can attack the apex really well.
    It painful for them to say this...

    Also, that comes from Gary Anderson... I'm impressed!

  7. #427
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    1,922
    Quote Originally Posted by Hills View Post
    I agree .. Here is what the FIA are asking at the moment:

    The FIA picked out five key characteristics or components that it will deem non-compliant:

    1) Any system that changes how the car responds to body accelerations.
    2) No direct coupling between the ride height function and the braking system or the steering system.
    3) Right height control via self-levelling.
    4) Direct coupling between the role and heave parts of the suspension.
    5) The storing of energy for delayed deployment or any system that would result in non-incidental asymmetry in the response to changes in load applied to the wheels.

    The FIA said it hoped the clarification made it clear what teams would need to do to prove their system was compliant.

    The current FRIC system being used by MB and RB are: 1.) hydraulic and not electronic 2.) independent from the front and rear 3.) do not store energy.....

  8. #428
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Sri Lanka
    Posts
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    I agree. If the brakes are being used as a form of traction control, it would be used when diving into a corner to help turn the car but I think it's just a well balanced chassis. Although Mercs do complain about overheating brakes quite often.
    As an engineer, I think its possible for such a system. Remember, they had a problem with brakes the first year they introduced the system. The Audi Quattro system has a toruqe vectoring when accelerating and braking. It uses the brakes to turn the car. Also, you dont have to fully apply the brakes to help turn the car, just a very light drag on the left or the right brakes will be enough to turn the car.

  9. #429
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by mardyrt View Post
    I agree with, dive, yaw, and rotation. That type of system does not need to go through the ecu. It can be a mechanical link, or a separate wired link that no one can see. I remember when Schumacher was driving, they had a break bias leaver, but I do not think it was bake bias just front to back, but also left to right. So, depending on the corner, you can change the brake bias to turn the car. Now, with the hybrid system, you dont need any of that.
    Also, they dont need to say its traction control, they can say its energy harvesting, you can program it to look like its not doing anything. If you go through the ecu route, they can program it in as a braking system, or engine mapping.

    Interesting :)
    Is the any rule against differential harvesting per wheel?
    Can you implement it per corner then you have much to gain. If you implement it with speed and steer angle then much is gained.

  10. #430
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Sri Lanka
    Posts
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    There is no "wired" or "mechanical link" with regards to your alleged system. Any other electronic (braking system/engine mapping/energy harvesting) SYSTEM is heavily regulated by the FIA, hence the regulated ECU.
    Its ok that the system is controlled. They can prove its legal by saying its just the braking system. Engine mapping is controlled, but they need to know what they are looking for. I remember, Benneton had a traction control system in the 95 car, when Schumi won the championship, the regulators could not find it, until someone pointed out that they had a hidden menu that was no visible. I am not saying its like that now, but there are way to do it. But, I know by looking at the turn in of the car, it turns in just with a little bit of steering input, even on worn tyers, there is no sliding on turn in, its like the car is pivoting on the rear left or the right wheel. But, I rest my case. I said what I have to say, and just keeping eyes open.

  11. #431
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Sri Lanka
    Posts
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by erikejw View Post
    Interesting :)
    Is the any rule against differential harvesting per wheel?
    Can you implement it per corner then you have much to gain. If you implement it with speed and steer angle then much is gained.
    Yes, exactly. You can still have a little brake applied but be on power with the steering turned, and the system will do the work for you.
    Even McLaren had it in 98, they had 2 brake pedals, so one can be used to apply pressure on one side or the other, but it got banned after few races.

  12. #432
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    France
    Posts
    396
    Quote Originally Posted by Hills View Post
    Why do I need to chill out for agreeing with a post!
    Hey, sorry was not aimed at you nor was it aimed at anyone else :). I pressed reply with quote. i just meant to post a normal reply. Sorry

  13. #433
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    365
    An impressive day for the Ferrari engine as Kevin Magnussen of Haas and Kimi Raikkonen are the two drivers with the most laps completed today, at 92 and 91 respectively.

  14. #434
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    India
    Posts
    70
    Guys is autosport.com working? couldn't get the live feed..

  15. #435
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Uppingham, UK
    Posts
    18,375
    An impressive day for the Ferrari engine as Kevin Magnussen of Haas and Kimi Raikkonen are the two drivers with the most laps completed today, at 92 and 91 respectively.


    Not really. Mercedes have done 150+. Bottas and Hamilton are using the same car.

  16. #436
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    27,547
    Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    [/FONT][/COLOR]

    Not really. Mercedes have done 150+. Bottas and Hamilton are using the same car.
    183 is still more than 150 though?
    Forza Ferrari

  17. #437
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Yorkshire, UK.
    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Hey, sorry was not aimed at you nor was it aimed at anyone else :). I pressed reply with quote. i just meant to post a normal reply. Sorry
    No worries at all

  18. #438
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Uppingham, UK
    Posts
    18,375
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    183 is still more than 150 though?
    Why would anyone add them together?

    Kimi and Magnussen are the two drivers with most laps. But the one engine with the most laps is in the back of the Mercedes, and has completed significantly more than either of the two Ferrari engines individually.

  19. #439
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    27,547
    Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    Why would anyone add them together?

    Kimi and Magnussen are the two drivers with most laps. But the one engine with the most laps is in the back of the Mercedes, and has completed significantly more than either of the two Ferrari engines individually.
    So the comment is correct as it says the 2 drivers with most laps....either way it's impressive if you are a McLaren fan....
    Forza Ferrari

  20. #440
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Uppingham, UK
    Posts
    18,375
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    So the comment is correct as it says the 2 drivers with most laps....
    The point of the comment isn't to highlight that they have done the most laps, it was to highlight how well the Ferrari engine has performed today, based on them being the two drivers (individually) with the most laps.

    The fact is, the Mercedes engine has performed better than ours, if we are just going by which engine has done the most laps - individually, or totalled.

  21. #441
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    27,547
    Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    The point of the comment isn't to highlight that they have done the most laps, it was to highlight how well the Ferrari engine has performed today, based on them being the two drivers (individually) with the most laps.

    The fact is, the Mercedes engine has performed better than ours, if we are just going by which engine has done the most laps - individually, or totalled.
    So we are not to be impressed with the engines then? oh well...shame probably be better if we ran less laps due to problems that would be impressive
    Forza Ferrari

  22. #442
    Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    The point of the comment isn't to highlight that they have done the most laps, it was to highlight how well the Ferrari engine has performed today, based on them being the two drivers (individually) with the most laps.

    The fact is, the Mercedes engine has performed better than ours, if we are just going by which engine has done the most laps - individually, or totalled.
    Engine performance = average faster lap times during long runs.
    Maybe SF70-H is not so bad at all :)

  23. #443
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    365
    Sky:

    But the day really belongs to Ferrari and Raikkonen. Just how much should we read into that lap time - set, lest we forget, on the soft compound?

  24. #444
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Babes&Whisky
    Posts
    1,459
    I try not to be overoptimistic, as I tried to not be overpesimistic with the rumours. The only thing I am happy about, and what I think we can take for certain, is that our car seems easier to drive. Last year, both Kimi and Seb had to fight with the car more than Merc and RBR drivers.

  25. #445
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    914
    Really an impressive two days. No idea where we are, but it's not really relevant right now. The car looks great and looks to be handling great. Reliability has been strong, great track time, encouraging performance. Nice job Ferrari. Keep it up :)

  26. #446
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Garden of England
    Posts
    577
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosso Corsa View Post
    Really an impressive two days. No idea where we are, but it's not really relevant right now. The car looks great and looks to be handling great. Reliability has been strong, great track time, encouraging performance. Nice job Ferrari. Keep it up :)
    Well said! LOTS of reliable and fast laps. I know you can't make any predictions yet but certainly a very good start.
    Give me strength!

  27. #447
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    5,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post
    Well said! LOTS of reliable and fast laps. I know you can't make any predictions yet but certainly a very good start.
    Like everyone else has mentioned here, i TOO am pretty impressed by how Ferrari have managed to do so far these two days; good reliability, car seems to be more planted out of the box compared to last year, good laptimes (of course we don’t know what the opposition has been doing as we don’t know fuel loads, engine maps…etc, etc…) but what is certain is that the SF70H is miles away in all terms compared to last year’s SF16-H.

    Now I’m not getting too carried away, we still have a HUGE mountain ahead of us to climb from now until Q3 in Melbourne BUT for now staring with the next two days as well as next week’s FOUR days of testing, but so far so good, I’m happy and cautiously optimistic.

    Forza Ferrari….

  28. #448
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,265
    I'm happy because Ferrari are quiet and they let the car do the talking.

    I'm not happy nor unhappy atm, I'm just reading and looking and thinking stuff now but I'll be happy when Q3 end in Melbourne and we are on pole.

    Ofcourse Mercs are bagging sand hard like previous years so let's just wait and see where the ship strands.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

  29. #449
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    1,922
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Like everyone else has mentioned here, i TOO am pretty impressed by how Ferrari have managed to do so far these two days; good reliability, car seems to be more planted out of the box compared to last year, good laptimes (of course we don’t know what the opposition has been doing as we don’t know fuel loads, engine maps…etc, etc…) but what is certain is that the SF70H is miles away in all terms compared to last year’s SF16-H.

    Now I’m not getting too carried away, we still have a HUGE mountain ahead of us to climb from now until Q3 in Melbourne BUT for now staring with the next two days as well as next week’s FOUR days of testing, but so far so good, I’m happy and cautiously optimistic.


    Forza Ferrari….


    THIS

  30. #450
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kiato-Greece
    Posts
    1,938
    The statement of SM a bit "different "
    Amid silence from the Ferrari garage, which Italian media have reported is absurd (report here>>>), Marchionne said, “The new Ferrari SF70H, is more powerful than we expected, I’m happy, from what I’ve seen, the forecasts we had done have been met.”

    “I do not know if we will be able to win the championship, but we know that we have taken a big step forward.”
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •