Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: 1st Winter Testing 27th Feb - 2nd March 2017, Barcelona

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post
    Bit worried at how nice he's being about our car..

"11:17 I know the Mercedes has broken into the 1m19s bracket on super-softs, but watching at the fast Turn 9 right-hander the Ferrari doing 1m21s on mediums still looks the most impressive car to me. It just looks so stable and consistent.
    Gary Anderson"
    Ok Gary I think we will stay on the hype train for now

Quote Originally Posted by Bonecrasher View Post
    Kimi's run on the soft tyre yesterday was slower....

Who said Kimi was pushing ??
    Drive it like you stole it!

Even Renault can do 1.21:3 on softs, so that means these times really doesn't that quick at all.

Disappointing; 2009 to 2016...

Palmer! Double doomed!
    Trying to be less angry..

Bonechrasher.. are you for real? Do you even look at any data before you talk? RB is faster cuz they have softs on while Vettel mediums and Kimi did faster lap yesterday than Hamilton and he was on softs while Ham on Super softs.. Cars are getting quicker from hour to hour and you want to compare times from different days..

Track temp is getting warmer.....compared to the other two testing days..

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post
    Bit worried at how nice he's being about our car..

"11:17 I know the Mercedes has broken into the 1m19s bracket on super-softs, but watching at the fast Turn 9 right-hander the Ferrari doing 1m21s on mediums still looks the most impressive car to me. It just looks so stable and consistent.
    Gary Anderson"
    Is this the same Gary or has he been possessed by a Tifosi? I am impressed with the way he is talking about Ferrari this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    Bonechrasher.. are you for real? Do you even look at any data before you talk? RB is faster cuz they have softs on while Vettel mediums and Kimi did faster lap yesterday than Hamilton and he was on softs while Ham on Super softs.. Cars are getting quicker from hour to hour and you want to compare times from different days..
    Don't attack me I'm just looking at the time sheet. Yesterday I was led to believe Ferrari were miles ahead of everyone but it doesn't look like that today. Please enlighten me because I took 2 weeks off work to follow testing.....

Guys (and girls), dont you know times dont mean anything in testing!! We have absolutely no idea how they are running their cars except which tyre they have on the car. We have no idea if Mer or Ferrari r sandbagging, or if theyre not. And we have no idea if they have reached their peak performance or even whether the cars are actually performing well in their eyes. We all need to settle down and just be happy that our car is reliable more than anything else. Only Ferrari know how good their car is and same for all the other teams, none of us or the media know nothing!
    Be patient, we will all find out the truth once qualy is done in Melbourne.
    CUT ME. CUT YOU. BOTH OUR BLOOD IS FERRARI RED!

Quote Originally Posted by dfunk257 View Post
    Guys (and girls), dont you know times dont mean anything in testing!! We have absolutely no idea how they are running their cars except which tyre they have on the car. We have no idea if Mer or Ferrari r sandbagging, or if theyre not. And we have no idea if they have reached their peak performance or even whether the cars are actually performing well in their eyes. We all need to settle down and just be happy that our car is reliable more than anything else. Only Ferrari know how good their car is and same for all the other teams, none of us or the media know nothing!
    yep

is vettel doing race sim or what coz hes lapp in the 1:22 where as merc was lapping in the 1:23 bracket yesterday ?

We just have to stay behind the Mercs LAP WISE.....so far so good.

Nice to see the lap count from Vettel........Keep going champ!!! today i want 150 laps from you see!!

where can I see the timesheets ? is there a site, I don't want to watch live cause im at work

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    where can I see the timesheets ? is there a site, I don't want to watch live cause im at work
    http://www.f1today.net/en/live/f1/22...t-test-of-2017

Quote Originally Posted by nikola0406 View Post
    I know the Mercedes has broken into the 1m19s bracket on super-softs, but watching at the fast Turn 9 right-hander the Ferrari doing 1m21s on mediums still looks the most impressive car to me. It just looks so stable and consistent.
    Gary Anderson
    Ok, does anyone know where the real Gary Anderson is as this guy is obviously an impersonator. The way he is talking is not the way the real Gary Anderson talks

thanks

Yep, however no reason not to be optimistic from what we are seeing and reading from G Anderson and a few others.

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    Yep, however no reason not to be optimistic from what we are seeing and reading from G Anderson and a few others.
    Agree. I just dont think that an opinion matters when its based on the times they are doing. Silly media journalists are wasting all their time writing stories about it and really it means nothing. Even what team members will say dont really mean anything, they can easily be playing mind games. People who are at the track and are watching the cars with a detailed eye like Gary Anderson, can give you an idea on how the cars are looking in terms of performance and handling, but it still doesnt shine enough light on who the quickest car is or who's really doing well. Ferrari seem like they are doing a great job and according to Mr Anderson, the car is handling great which is good news for us, but we've all seen and heard all this before, so we shouldnt be getting too excited.

Agree. I just dont think that an opinion matters when its based on the times they are doing. Silly media journalists are wasting all their time writing stories about it and really it means nothing. Even what team members will say dont really mean anything, they can easily be playing mind games. People who are at the track and are watching the cars with a detailed eye like Gary Anderson, can give you an idea on how the cars are looking in terms of performance and handling, but it still doesnt shine enough light on who the quickest car is or who's really doing well. Ferrari seem like they are doing a great job and according to Mr Anderson, the car is handling great which is good news for us, but we've all seen and heard all this before, so we shouldnt be getting too excited.
    I agree. It's far too early. But the only thing different this year is the positive comments from Gary. I always thought he's a ferrari hater.

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    I agree. It's far too early. But the only thing different this year is the positive comments from Gary. I always thought he's a ferrari hater.
    I still dont trust him! lol.
    I trust in Ferrari, as im sure we all do

More good comments from Autosport:

Watching this morning, the Ferrari looked planted at every corner I went to. The Mercedes when doing quick runs on new tyres also looked pretty good, but when on longer runs or on softer tyres looked a bit fidgety and was moving around a bit. The Mercedes seems to have more understeer than the Ferrari, because it seems to show more front wheel on turn in because of the extra steering lock. So it looks like Ferrari has a better front end, which bodes very well for when it runs the new tyres, because you need a good front end to get the lap time.
    Gary Anderson

Ferrari not come out yet?

Just thought to share this.......

2007-2017

OFFICIAL RECORD: Raïkkönen 1:21.670 (2008)
    BEST TIME QUALY: Barrichello: 1:19.954 (2009)
    BEST TIME TEST: Massa 1.18.339 (2008)

Ferrari not come out yet?

Yes he's out on soft tyres.....

Quote Originally Posted by Super M View Post
    Just thought to share this.......

2007-2017

OFFICIAL RECORD: Raïkkönen 1:21.670 (2008)
    BEST TIME QUALY: Barrichello: 1:19.954 (2009)
    BEST TIME TEST: Massa 1.18.339 (2008)
    Didnt Kimi brake the time of f2008 in Fiorano??So......????
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Didnt Kimi brake the time of f2008 in Fiorano??So......????
    Those times are for this track.....

The bookies are starting to take us seriously, Vettel has dropped from 16/1 to 9/1 and Kimi 50/1 to 22/1 in the space of 2 days
    Are those the same odds makers who said Brexit would not happen and Trump would not be President?

Quote Originally Posted by Super M View Post
    Those times are for this track.....
    You didt get it!!!
    If we beat the time of Fiorano, why cant we beat it here??!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    You didt get it!!!
    If we beat the time of Fiorano, why cant we beat it here??!
    Yes i did get it. My english is pretty damn fine.

Don't think you understand me nor my posting of previous times on this track