Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: 1st Winter Testing 27th Feb - 2nd March 2017, Barcelona

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Geez what's up with Gary Anderson, it's a bit unsettling hearing him talk about the Ferrari to be honest.

I wonder if the team that revised its suspension was Mercedes given reports they are sliding around a lot...
    let's sure hope so....
    and to the comments coming from Gary A.; it's so unusual for him to say good things about Ferrari...he never does, he "hates" Ferrari, he is so totally against the Prancing Horse to do good...and all these positive things he says about our team....well has left me speachless...

Perhaps its Gary Anderson brother?

Ugh Stroll just binned the Williams, I feel sorry for Massa he is loosing time in the car.

I gotta admit, I am excited about our performance. But, I am also a bit apprehensive too. I can't remember if it was last year or the year before, we were constantly at the top or near the top of the timesheets, then either towards the end of the test, Merc actually turned their engine on and were like 1.5 seconds ahead of everyone (or at least us). I just remember feeling defeated after the tests and I am really hoping that won't be the case again.

Our car is absolutely beautiful to me and I am very proud of the team for taking what seem to be design risks and not following suit to what others are doing. Great job! I am also happy we are not running our mouths and doing a lot of talking like I recall in years past. It seems that we are just heads down, doing the work and letting other people talk.

Forza Ferrari!

Quote Originally Posted by chris.gotfunk View Post
    I gotta admit, I am excited about our performance. But, I am also a bit apprehensive too. I can't remember if it was last year or the year before, we were constantly at the top or near the top of the timesheets, then either towards the end of the test, Merc actually turned their engine on and were like 1.5 seconds ahead of everyone (or at least us). I just remember feeling defeated after the tests and I am really hoping that won't be the case again.

Our car is absolutely beautiful to me and I am very proud of the team for taking what seem to be design risks and not following suit to what others are doing. Great job! I am also happy we are not running our mouths and doing a lot of talking like I recall in years past. It seems that we are just heads down, doing the work and letting other people talk.

Forza Ferrari!
    A big difference with previous years though is that we bolted the softer compounds to take the top spots in testing, while also running a significantly less number of testing laps compared to the mercs. This year, we are showing good pace on the harder compounds and racking up the laps!

Quote Originally Posted by chris.gotfunk View Post

Forza Ferrari!
    Also this year the car actually looks like it handles well, even with harder tires.

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    Does anybody knows why our team didnt even try out ultra soft compound? Ok i understand that we are messing around with mercs and its kinda funny but still this is the tire for qualy and it would be nice to know how the car is handling with those tires and how much faster can we go with it.
    next week, be patient

Ferrari is trying to get my hopes up.

HbGa5jD.jpg

CHOO CHOO CHOO

Does anybody knows why our team didnt even try out ultra soft compound? Ok i understand that we are messing around with mercs and its kinda funny but still this is the tire for qualy and it would be nice to know how the car is handling with those tires and how much faster can we go with it.
    My opinion is:

1) The tests are not about speed its about how the new car behaves all around and gather that valuable data.
    2) A bit of sand bagging
    3) If the car is good on mediums and soft which are the compound mostly used in the races, probably you wont be wrong on SS and US. A car that's good on SS and US not guaranteed to be good on M and S.

Patience... still another week of testing to come.

Quote Originally Posted by subfire91 View Post
    3) If the car is good on mediums and soft which are the compound mostly used in the races, probably you wont be wrong on SS and US. A car that's good on SS and US not guaranteed to be good on M and S.
    I think you are right. We were pretty bad on mediums last year, but solid on SS and US.

Anyone going to buy HasStrollCrashedToday.com?

Quote Originally Posted by Rosso Corsa View Post
    Anyone going to buy HasStrollCrashedToday.com?
    He managed 97 laps before crashing, not need to bash him

Quote Originally Posted by gvera View Post
    He managed 97 laps before crashing, not need to bash him
    He has had 3 incidents in 2 days. Sounds Maldonadoesque to me...

Just a prediction, not a bashing.

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    He has had 3 incidents in 2 days. Sounds Maldonadoesque to me...
    If he wins a race for Williams as Pastor did, Claire will be happy...

If he wins a race for Williams as Pastor did, Claire will be happy...
    I doubt she broke even with the number of cars Maldonado wrecked...

Do Red Bull have a problem, I thought they be on more laps

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    Do Red Bull have a problem, I thought they be on more laps
    Exhaust issues
    Forever Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    I doubt she broke even with the number of cars Maldonado wrecked...
    This made me laugh. Thanks.

124 and counting

Newey prob at it again with his tight packaging of the RB.

Reports from track say the Renault powered teams are not pushing the engine.
    Palmer has a speed trap of 283.4kph which is the 3rd fastest, does not look like it's turned down that much

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    Palmer has a speed trap of 283.4kph which is the 3rd fastest, does not look like it's turned down that much
    I agree, Red Bull and Renault were much faster this afternoon they must have pushed further.

Vettel has done 2 race distances today and has passed 130 laps. Also good work for Sauber even with last years engine to get 100+ laps

Quote Originally Posted by icedeepan View Post
    A big difference with previous years though is that we bolted the softer compounds to take the top spots in testing, while also running a significantly less number of testing laps compared to the mercs. This year, we are showing good pace on the harder compounds and racking up the laps!
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Also this year the car actually looks like it handles well, even with harder tires.
    Both very valid points! I agree with that as well.

Vettel Red Flag..!!
    #PrayforMH370 #KeepFightingSchumi

Ah, but maybe Hamilton won't now reach the ton after all as the session has been red-flagged yet again.

This time it's a red car which has stopped on the pit straight - the Ferrari SF70-H of Sebastian Vettel.

Racing is life and life is a risk - Michael schumacher

Hopefully run out of fuel

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    124 and counting
    139, before he stopped