Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: 1st Winter Testing 27th Feb - 2nd March 2017, Barcelona

Pirelli just TESTING their tyres in wet conditions......track temp will be cool.

Very glad about what appears to be a very positive pre-season test for us. Cautiously optimistic but finding it harder and harder to wait for Melbourne.

Track times look good but the numbers that look better to me are 375 laps total for the car, 864 for the engine.

RB ahead of Merc in terms of chassis! Ferrari distant 3rd~ Any 1 wiling to wager on that fell free me to PM me~ i will give u paypal details. Bets worth 100 dollars. easy money if u feel Ferrari is ahead of RB and Mercs!

F1 show biz 2016 :
    Toto - "Ferrari are a real threat" .... Nico - "Awesome, everything is just awesome" .....Lulu - "Mental strength man, lifestyle man, I'll drive at 400% as ever man".... and then suddenly a wild Bull out of nowhere slams into a Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by PadGeT View Post
    RB ahead of Merc in terms of chassis! Ferrari distant 3rd~ Any 1 wiling to wager on that fell free me to PM me~ i will give u paypal details. Bets worth 100 dollars. easy money if u feel Ferrari is ahead of RB and Mercs!
    What are you on, your opinion goes against all F1 professional commentators trackside. If we were 4 races into the season then I could understand you but come on give the team some respect at this stage of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by mirafiori View Post
    What are you on, your opinion goes against all F1 professional commentators trackside. If we were 4 races into the season then I could understand you but come on give the team some respect at this stage of the season.

No seriously I m broke and need some money!
    Last edited by Rob; 2nd March 2017 at 08:46. Reason: please dont try and be smart by using $$ to use in a swear word. You all know the rules.

F1 show biz 2016 :
    Toto - "Ferrari are a real threat" .... Nico - "Awesome, everything is just awesome" .....Lulu - "Mental strength man, lifestyle man, I'll drive at 400% as ever man".... and then suddenly a wild Bull out of nowhere slams into a Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by PadGeT View Post

No seriously I m broke and need some money!
    No seriously, you would be the last person i'd bet against..........How you gonna pay me dude if you're broke!
    Last edited by Rob; 2nd March 2017 at 08:47.
    Drive it like you stole it!

Mercedes has eletrical issue. So good tests they had...

Quote Originally Posted by ibanezz View Post
    Mercedes has eletrical issue. So good tests they had...
    Lewis said yesterday he wasn't looking forward to wet testing and I'm suspicious about this extremely convenient 'electrical' problaem

Quote Originally Posted by GrndLkNatv View Post
    Ran out of fuel on purpose..
    Not true. In Seb's own words "The stop towards the end doesn’t bother me: we were trying something that didn’t work, that’s all."
    #GillesPerSempre #KeepFightingMichael #JB17

f1today.net:

"LAP COUNT
    Let's see that by power unit...
    Ferrari - 75 laps
    Renault - 46 laps
    Honda - 18 laps
    Mercedes - 0 laps
    A bad start for Mercedes power so far...
    Update posted on 12:13:13"

Looks like Merc's engine doesn't like to get wet. A bit weird, isn't it?

so the mercedes engine is not water proof?
    Forza Melanie C!

Quote Originally Posted by Scuderia1967 View Post
    Not true. In Seb's own words "The stop towards the end doesn’t bother me: we were trying something that didn’t work, that’s all."

Yes, they tried something that didn't work.........Uuum, no fuel. car wont work
    Drive it like you stole it!

Gary Anderson continues praising Ferrari, excerpt from the 'How much trouble is McLaren-Honda in?' article:

"I was concentrating on Turns 1, 2 and 3," says Autosport's technical consultant Gary Anderson. "It's a complex, so if you get Turn 1 right then Turn 2 becomes easier, which in turn makes Turn 3 easier.

"The Ferrari, for me, is without doubt the most stable car - millimetre precise and never really seeming to change line. You wouldn't know if it had five-lap old tyres or 25-lap old tyres on it, and it's good on both the soft and the medium compound.

"The Mercedes looks pretty reasonable on the soft tyres - still moving and with more understeer than the Ferrari - but not so good on the medium tyre, just no grip.

"Through that complex, the McLaren never looked good. Alonso couldn't get hard on the throttle out of Turn 2 - the car just starts moving - and I never saw him go into Turn 3 flat on the throttle.

"He's either having to lift big time beforehand, or just as he's coming into the corner. It's not understeer, just a lack of grip.

"McLaren can't really complain about Honda's engine, because there are still horses left in there that they're not using at the minute. It looks OK on the very softest tyres, but on softs and mediums - the most relevant tyres for this track - it's just not there."

McLaren's issues are not confined to the first complex, either.

"Up at Turn 9, the same thing," Anderson adds. "The Ferrari can commit properly on the way in, with barely a lift off the throttle. The McLaren can't do that. Obviously I don't know what the fuel loads are, but if Alonso doesn't lift and slow the car down on the way into the corner significantly, it won't go round properly. It doesn't look like it's got a horrendous balance problem, but it does look like it's got a grip problem

To me this is the best news so far, for too long this has been Ferrari's achilles heel:

The Ferrari, for me, is without doubt the most stable car - millimetre precise and never really seeming to change line. You wouldn't know if it had five-lap old tyres or 25-lap old tyres on it, and it's good on both the soft and the medium compound.

11:13 No action for Hamilton today: "Electrical fault kept us in the garage this morning, so I've decided with the team not to drive today as I wouldn't have learned much. Shame not to drive but it's been a great few days. The guys have done an awesome job. Can't wait to be back in the car next week."
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Bonecrasher View Post
    Lewis said yesterday he wasn't looking forward to wet testing and I'm suspicious about this extremely convenient 'electrical' problaem
    I thought the same thing. How convenient he's having an electrical issue. He even joked saying he may fake a pulled muscle and let Bottas do the test.

Track is dry....enough of the wet testing

Sky Sports understands Mercedes have been running their 2017 engine in conservative power modes to be sure of complete reliability.

It’s not known if Mercedes have suffered engine component failures on their factory-based test dynos but a team source confirmed that failures are a desirable occurrence – the point about running engines on test beds is so that it happens close to home, where quick and accessible fixes can be applied, rather than on the track

Mercedes will introduce an upgraded engine for the season-opening Australian GP on March 26, meaning that while Bottas and Hamilton’s lap times in the W08 are already impressive, there is likely to be even more performance gains to come from the world champions –if the engine is reliable.

track to be dampened once againg during lunch with tankers

I've seen an image of the Ferrari floor with temperature sensors around the rear of the floor. I tried to share it but Im using my phone and it won't work. Has anyone else noticed this and is there any suggestions as to what this is?

Someone shared an article which suggested it may be a heat conductive coating to improve how the airflow interacts with the floor/diffuser. Thoughts?!

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    I've seen an image of the Ferrari floor with temperature sensors around the rear of the floor. I tried to share it but Im using my phone and it won't work. Has anyone else noticed this and is there any suggestions as to what this is?

Someone shared an article which suggested it may be a heat conductive coating to improve how the airflow interacts with the floor/diffuser. Thoughts?!
    No one knows what this is(temp. sensor), at this point it is speculative. I have seen this image you are referring too.

anyone a stream link?

Does Ferrari also run with conservative power? Merc and RB (confirmed) run with conservative power this week
    #PrayforMH370 #KeepFightingSchumi

Quote Originally Posted by fronaldo View Post
    Does Ferrari also run with conservative power? Merc and RB (confirmed) run with conservative power this week
    Mostly all do, first THREE days are crucial in that the team wants to get as many miles on the engine for reliability puposes and data collection as possible. (Mclaren = FAILED)

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Mostly all do, first two days are crucial in that the team wants to get as many miles on the engine for reliability puposes and data collection as possible. (Mclaren = FAILED)
    Agreed. Though I think they do turn them up gradually--they will have to be somewhat pushed a bit at some point(s).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gvera View Post
    Gary Anderson continues praising Ferrari, excerpt from the 'How much trouble is McLaren-Honda in?' article:

"I was concentrating on Turns 1, 2 and 3," says Autosport's technical consultant Gary Anderson. "It's a complex, so if you get Turn 1 right then Turn 2 becomes easier, which in turn makes Turn 3 easier.

"The Ferrari, for me, is without doubt the most stable car - millimetre precise and never really seeming to change line. You wouldn't know if it had five-lap old tyres or 25-lap old tyres on it, and it's good on both the soft and the medium compound.

"The Mercedes looks pretty reasonable on the soft tyres - still moving and with more understeer than the Ferrari - but not so good on the medium tyre, just no grip.

"Through that complex, the McLaren never looked good. Alonso couldn't get hard on the throttle out of Turn 2 - the car just starts moving - and I never saw him go into Turn 3 flat on the throttle.

"He's either having to lift big time beforehand, or just as he's coming into the corner. It's not understeer, just a lack of grip.

"McLaren can't really complain about Honda's engine, because there are still horses left in there that they're not using at the minute. It looks OK on the very softest tyres, but on softs and mediums - the most relevant tyres for this track - it's just not there."

McLaren's issues are not confined to the first complex, either.

"Up at Turn 9, the same thing," Anderson adds. "The Ferrari can commit properly on the way in, with barely a lift off the throttle. The McLaren can't do that. Obviously I don't know what the fuel loads are, but if Alonso doesn't lift and slow the car down on the way into the corner significantly, it won't go round properly. It doesn't look like it's got a horrendous balance problem, but it does look like it's got a grip problem
    This is not about you, mate.

It's funny how Anderson is a hack when he is hating on us but we tend to heed his words when they are nice.

I suppose even a broken clock tells the right time twice a day. Now we find out who has the loose springs: him or us.

Quote Originally Posted by killer View Post
    Agreed. Though I think they do turn them up gradually--they will have to be somewhat pushed a bit at some point(s).

yes but not by much...don't want to give the opposition too much info. During these testings days its not all about lap times as it is about laps. Day 2 in the beginning is focused on aero hence all the cars with all those wierd looking "nets" behind the front wheels AND aft of the car with senors and pitot tubes relaying info in TERABYTES back to HQ; then its laps again for the remainder of the day(2).

Honestly, I thought we would have seen something from the Mercs on Day 4 as far as "letting the horses loose" but this whole "electrical issue" is simply IMHO a rouse.
    Last edited by jgonzalesm6; 2nd March 2017 at 12:06.

It's funny how Anderson is a hack when he is hating on us but we tend to heed his words when they are nice.

I suppose even a broken clock tells the right time twice a day. Now we find out who has the loose springs: him or us.

If he was a her and named Pamela Anderson due to how he is writing about Ferrari currently....I would propose to her

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Pirelli just TESTING their tyres in wet conditions......track temp will be cool.

In fact I'm extremly suprised by how good he's writing about Ferrari, as he always bash us.
    I didn't pay attention to his tech analysis of the car after the launch, it was mostly speculative, but I think that his trackside opinions are usually right,
    after so many years in F1 he surely has to know what to look at to evaluate how a car is performing on track.
    If someone that always tries to find the weak spots of our car suddenly starts to only praise it it must mean the car is at least behaving good (or that Marchionne sent him a nice gift).