Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st Winter Testing 27th Feb - 2nd March 2017, Barcelona

Thank you.

Lets agree to a great season. Less negativity and more positivity. Glad to be back here after some time away. Go Ferrari!

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    and no Lewis......yet...its just the "rookie" driver
    should be interesting when lewis takes over.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Are you the first to be negative?
    I am sorry but I was worried! Anyways I will try to be a little less pessimistic next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Avanzamento View Post
    Where these pictures could be found?

Is Arrivabene showing Rake??

Yup it is David Sanchez our new head of aero!
    Last edited by PadGeT; 27th February 2017 at 10:56.

F1 show biz 2016 :
    Toto - "Ferrari are a real threat" .... Nico - "Awesome, everything is just awesome" .....Lulu - "Mental strength man, lifestyle man, I'll drive at 400% as ever man".... and then suddenly a wild Bull out of nowhere slams into a Ferrari.

before the lunch break...quick update:

Day One Timesheet (11.50am UK Time): 1) Sebastian Vettel, Ferrari, 53 laps; 1:22.791; 2) Valtteri Bottas, Mercedes, 71 laps, 1:23.169; 3) Sergio Perez, Force India, 37 laps, 1:23.709; 4) Felipe Massa, Williams, 31 laps, 1:24.552; 5) Nico Hulkenberg, Renault, 22 laps, 1:26.319; 6) Kevin Magnussen, Haas, 15 laps 1:26.404; 7) Carlos Sainz, Toro Rosso, 14 laps, 1:26.726; 8) Marcus Ericsson, Sauber, 23 laps, 1:27.710; 9) Daniel Ricciardo, Red Bull, 4 laps, 1:28.712; 10) Fernando Alonso, McLaren, 1 lap, No time;

05:54

So that will be why Mercedes have split their drivers for the day: Valtteri Bottas has just registered his 75th lap of the morning so far.

Remember, a GP around the Circuit de Cataluyna consists of just 66

The only other driver to break the 50-lap mark is currently timesheet-topper Vettel with 58

#PrayforMH370 #KeepFightingSchumi

12:55 Looking at Bottas's previous run on softs, which included 16 timed laps, it doesn't look like tyre degradation is particularly under control. Taking his first laptime, a 1m23.4s, then factoring in fuel-load reduction on each subsequent lap, you can work out what the tyre degradation is. After 16 flying laps, he's a total 17.45s slower than he would be with the tyre degradation removed. So that's just under 1.1s per lap lost on average. Some of that could be in setup or the way he's driving, but that doesn't come close to low-degradation to my mind.
    Gary Anderson

Looking at Bottas's previous run on softs, which included 16 timed laps, it doesn't look like tyre degradation is particularly under control. Taking his first laptime, a 1m23.4s, then factoring in fuel-load reduction on each subsequent lap, you can work out what the tyre degradation is. After 16 flying laps, he's a total 17.45s slower than he would be with the tyre degradation removed. So that's just under 1.1s per lap lost on average. Some of that could be in setup or the way he's driving, but that doesn't come close to low-degradation to my mind.
    Gary Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Scuderia85 View Post
    12:55 Looking at Bottas's previous run on softs, which included 16 timed laps, it doesn't look like tyre degradation is particularly under control. Taking his first laptime, a 1m23.4s, then factoring in fuel-load reduction on each subsequent lap, you can work out what the tyre degradation is. After 16 flying laps, he's a total 17.45s slower than he would be with the tyre degradation removed. So that's just under 1.1s per lap lost on average. Some of that could be in setup or the way he's driving, but that doesn't come close to low-degradation to my mind.
    Gary Anderson
    Interesting

Let me put into words what the pictures say.

arrivabene: did you brought the pizza?
    simone: oh no i forgot!!
    arrivabene: damn! is there a pizza store nearby?
    simone: i hope so.
    Forza Ferrari

so this means we will again see less overtaking due to tyre's thermal degradation

Quote Originally Posted by fmatiasii View Post
    Let me put into words what the pictures say.

arrivabene: did you brought the pizza?
    simone: oh no i forgot!!
    arrivabene: damn! is there a pizza store nearby?
    simone: i hope so.
    No there isn't... I think the closest Pizzeria will be in Barcelona

Merc have funky suspension at the front. Maybe they need to work on that...

I guess Merc would end up doing more laps as they are splitting between drivers. For Seb alone to do almost a race distance in the first session itself is brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by fmatiasii View Post
    unless mercs are sandbagging again.
    Teams just running their programs, as they keep saying all the time!
    So many variables yet, loads of different aero bits to trial due to the new regulations. Going to be challenging to sort out who's doing what when in my opinion. I don't think we'll know much until FP2 or FP3 in Australia. Merc hasn't even tried their shark fin, Ferrari haven't used their other FW (rumoured to be similar to Mercs?)
    I am assuming Ferrari will still be a bit behind the Mercs & hoping RB is no better than us, but we keep a little something in reserve for the opening race to surprise all of them.

In the meantime am just going to enjoy the testing & not jump to any conclusions!
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

1. Vettel 280.5
    2. Bottas 276.2
    3. Massa 274.1
    4. Magnussen 274.1
    5. Sainz jr 271.3
    6. Perez 270.6

Anyone know what the longest stint Vettel did. I would if Anderson is going to analysis our tyre deg

Lunchtime Day One Timesheet: 1) Sebastian Vettel, Ferrari, 62 laps; medium tyres, 1:22.791; 2) Valtteri Bottas, Mercedes, 79 laps, soft tyres, 1:23.169; 3) Sergio Perez, Force India, 39 laps, 1:23.709; 4) Felipe Massa, Williams, 39 laps, 1:25.552; 5) Carlos Sainz, Toro Rosso, 18 laps, 1:25.562; 6) Nico Hulkenberg, Renault, 22 laps, 1:26.319; 7) Kevin Magnussen, Haas, 15 laps 1:26.404; 8) Marcus Ericsson, Sauber, 32 laps, 1:26.865; 9) Daniel Ricciardo, Red Bull, 4 laps, 1:28.712; 10) Fernando Alonso, McLaren, 1 lap, No time;

Quote Originally Posted by mhmalik View Post
    No there isn't... I think the closest Pizzeria will be in Barcelona
    There's definitely one in Granollers.
    Forever Ferrari

quick recap before lunch time:

* Sebastian Vettel fastest by four tenths from Valtteri Bottas after all-but matching fastest time of 2016 pre-season testing at Barcelona

* Vettel set quickest lap on medium tyres, Bottas on softs

* Red Bull breaks down on track due to 'sensor failure' and is limited to just four laps

* McLaren may only complete a single lap on first day after being hit by oil system issue

* Haas breaks down in pitlane before Magnussen spins and hits barrier

* Lewis Hamilton to run in afternoon session

Quote Originally Posted by Scuderia85 View Post
    Interesting
    still some work for Pirelli? Or cautious drivers???
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Wheelbase comparison

F1 show biz 2016 :
    Toto - "Ferrari are a real threat" .... Nico - "Awesome, everything is just awesome" .....Lulu - "Mental strength man, lifestyle man, I'll drive at 400% as ever man".... and then suddenly a wild Bull out of nowhere slams into a Ferrari.

How about our warm up issue? Vet sets fastest time (earlier) after 4-5 laps
    #PrayforMH370 #KeepFightingSchumi

What is Ted kravitz on about??. Saying that the Ferrari looks more under developed than the McLaren and the haas..
    I mean, I Was actually shocked at how developed the Ferrari launch car was. And those sidepods are are a thing of beauty that Iv never seen on an f1 car before , that look truly innovative.

But no , Ted thinks red bulls finger nostril is the only thing new and unique of any of the launch cars , even though he has no bloody idea what it even does.

What a Muppet!

Quote Originally Posted by mardyrt View Post
    SkyF1 testing coverage is abysmal. Ridiculous, appalling. There is one photo of a Ferrari. Nothing else is there about Ferrari. Mercedes is everywhere.
    Talking about balanced reporting. If anyone from sky, please tell them, they are loosing fans because of the appalling coverage.

Yup, i'm sick of it

Quote Originally Posted by cisco82 View Post
    What is Ted kravitz on about??. Saying that the Ferrari looks more under developed than the McLaren and the haas..
    I mean, I Was actually shocked at how developed the Ferrari launch car was. And those sidepods are are a thing of beauty that Iv never seen on an f1 car before , that look truly innovative.

But no , Ted thinks red bulls finger nostril is the only thing new and unique of any of the launch cars , even though he has no bloody idea what it even does.

What a Muppet!
    +1000 Ted is a Lewis/Merc fanboy and a Ferrari hater, I feel he just can't stand having to say something good about Ferrari :|
    How he got that job is beyond me!

who cares what this guy says about Ferrari, he can kiss my *ss for all i care.
    Forza Ferrari

I'm just jealous I suppose, he's basically got my dream job.

And he is just so frustratingly incompetent and bias , I don't know how he even got there.

Mclaren problem fixed....will be on track after lunch...