Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st Winter Testing 27th Feb - 2nd March 2017, Barcelona

Good opening day for Ferrari, by all accounts the car looks good on track.

And McLaren
    Forza Ferrari

Last year Mercedes never went to the top of the sheet for the first week of testing. And we used Ultrasofts to get to the top, this year is different.

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post

And McLaren

Luckily nowhere near as good as Mclaren

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Yes they have. Since we are on the subject of sandbagging for today. I will leave you guys this: What was the 2016 fastest lap at the Circuit de Catalunya to get pole. Given that time and these cars are supposed to be 3 to 5 seconds faster on the track during a normal race?????...so you can imagine what pole times are going to be at this lap this year.
    That 3 - 5 sec improvement is compared to 2015 cars IIRC. Although nothing says it can't be a bigger margin!
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

really pleased with the 1st day!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

hey can anyone get the top speed cheat for today ? Not the speed trap, the top speed .

Any comments from Vettel?

Quote Originally Posted by Settantasette View Post
    ΝΟ comments!!!!!!
    Order from the team!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Fair enough :) I hope he will go to sleep with a big smile on his face :D

Both Kimi and Seb will be able to speak to press after day 2 of testing, tomorrow. With that, they have got 2 solid days under the belt to comment on.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

We should here from both Wednesday....fyi

Anyone has the article "winners and losers from testing day one" from Autosport. It might be an interesting read.

So far so good, ladies and gents. It seems wider tyres, among other things, suit our car better

Ted "crazy head" Kravitz, is a complete jack ass.
    He thinks he knows so much about aerodynamics. Talking about all other teams have a better aerodynamics than Ferrari.
    Does he not realized that adding pieces is not real aerodynamics, aerodynamics basics comes from the actual basic chassis shape. Ask him to take a brick wall and add little carbon pieces and other "bells and whistles" and make it good aerodynamics!!! Then he can ring his own bell and blow his own whistle.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post

And McLaren
    You've gotta be out there on track to mow the grass! Actually feeling sorry for ALO - although not for McLaren!
    Trying to be less angry..

Wiliams has 2 separate (double) T-Wings and Merc showed shark-fin with hole at the top - are that would be legal things? Sure that Toto would say that it is only for cooling purposes but what if they modificate it and create short passive f-duct?

PS.Here is an interesting article about shark fins.https://drivetribe.com/p/fFRt-VZaRTG...TQ2CvfJH8gowKA

Quote Originally Posted by mardyrt View Post
    Ted "crazy head" Kravitz, is a complete jack ass.
    He thinks he knows so much about aerodynamics. Talking about all other teams have a better aerodynamics than Ferrari.
    Does he not realized that adding pieces is not real aerodynamics, aerodynamics basics comes from the actual basic chassis shape. Ask him to take a brick wall and add little carbon pieces and other "bells and whistles" and make it good aerodynamics!!! Then he can ring his own bell and blow his own whistle.
    Did he say that all others were better?
    Based on what?

FerrariSteve Guest
    Really great day indeed! I'm well chuffed about it.
    (Mercs still look scary as hell but we look good too!)
    as for McLaren, well I know a lot on here hate the team but I can't help but feel sorry for Alonso, he's simply too good to be spending the last seasons of his career driving such a piece of junk. :(
    Last edited by FerrariSteve; 27th February 2017 at 20:56. Reason: typo

The more I read commentary on F1, the more I feel it's just status-quo reporting. They report that Ferrari is under developed, as they've gone into this season with that expectation. The truth is, they don't know. It is frustrating to read that consistently though, when the complexity of our bargeboards/sidepods look to exceed at least SOME of our competitors. And sure, I think it's one thing to say our bargeboard is more basic than Mercedes from a side view, but when looking at the car from the top you can clearly see how intricate and detailed this area is on our car.

Does that mean it's fast? I dunno! I'm no expert, but people like Ted Kravits don't know any better.

I've always felt that the criticisms of SkyF1 were unjustified because I always enjoy the coverage from an entertainment perspective - but yesterday I scrolled back through their live feed to look at all the Ferrari pictures. There wasn't any!

Wait I lied, there was one of an out of focus Ferrari following the Mercedes. I finally agree!

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariSteve View Post
    Really great day indeed! I'm well chuffed about it.
    (Mercs still look scary as hell but we look good too!)
    as for McLaren, well I know a lot on here hate the team but I can't help but feel sorry for Alonso, he's simply too good to be spending the last seasons of his career driving such a piece of junk. :(
    here's one for ya....where is he going to go? being that it is his last season. Personally he still has the "fight" within him.

Now here is an interesting article that I feared we could see coming due to the "design" of these new 2017 cars:

Drivers heed first warning signs of F1 2017 overtaking fears:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/d...rs-877924/?s=1

Mercedes still has huge grip. They get on the power so early, they power through the last part of the chicane. Vettel has a little lift, 0% throttle in the last part of the chicane, but Mercedes can get on the power maybe 30% throttle, then gradually but quickly increase the power to 100% throttle.
    Here is the link to the video. You can see it towards the last 1/2 of the video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kCCcWatrj8

Hey everyone, can anyone confirm if the new car is fitted with the fric-trick suspension that the merc and rebull has?
    I know ferrari has put in official complaints about it but not sure if that means they won't be fitting out on their car..
    Why try ban something that your intending to use as well?

Because if they aren't going to develop their own fric system then I just can't see us being able to match it with the merc, isn't it worth around 0.5 second?

Hey mardyrt you drinking coolaid u realize Seb was on med and hard tires all day and the heads were on softs big difference my friend.don't compare unless there on the same tire

And ferrari is fully equipped with there trick suspension this year.they all have it now.

Quote Originally Posted by mardyrt View Post
    Anyone has the article "winners and losers from testing day one" from Autosport. It might be an interesting read.
    Try this.

http://www.autosport.com/premium/fea...esting-day-one

Quote Originally Posted by djmorin27 View Post
    And ferrari is fully equipped with there trick suspension this year.they all have it now.
    This is great if true! Please provide source

Brilliant cheers.. Why do you think they're still going to ban it?

finger cross

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    The more I read commentary on F1, the more I feel it's just status-quo reporting. They report that Ferrari is under developed, as they've gone into this season with that expectation. The truth is, they don't know. It is frustrating to read that consistently though, when the complexity of our bargeboards/sidepods look to exceed at least SOME of our competitors. And sure, I think it's one thing to say our bargeboard is more basic than Mercedes from a side view, but when looking at the car from the top you can clearly see how intricate and detailed this area is on our car.

Does that mean it's fast? I dunno! I'm no expert, but people like Ted Kravits don't know any better.

I've always felt that the criticisms of SkyF1 were unjustified because I always enjoy the coverage from an entertainment perspective - but yesterday I scrolled back through their live feed to look at all the Ferrari pictures. There wasn't any!

Wait I lied, there was one of an out of focus Ferrari following the Mercedes. I finally agree!
    Criticism unjustified? What are you talking about? Since Sky started covering F1 Ferrari haven't won anything. So I think, like everyone else, the have the right to call it as they see it. And if they think Ferrari is underachieving? Well,X guess what, so do Ferrari themselves.