Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st Winter Testing 27th Feb - 2nd March 2017, Barcelona

10:02

Bang on queue, Daniel Ricciardo jumps to fifth with a lap of 1:23.372 and Alonso reaches double figures for laps completed.

Just giving my 2 cents here.
    Everyone keep talking about how Mercedes is so refined and so detailed. So it could mean, they have less of a margin to improve the car over the season. Where Ferrari is not so refined, so we have a more of a margin to gain during the season. Anyone think of that way?
    Maybe they will start faster, but maybe we can gain more time during the season. If the first day is any indication, the car is not that bad, but still easy days.

Quote Originally Posted by Super M View Post
    So that was a 17 lap stint by vettel. Anybody have the lap times since he did this stint ? ( want to know the drop off in times )
    Lap times are largely irrelavent during these tests. What is important is putting in as much laps as possible to find out any problems and get as much data collection as possible. Ferrari and Mercedes are well ahead of the pack. Mercedes so far are off of lasts years total laps of 156 using just the medium tyres for day 1. Williams is doing well so far of which I did'nt expect them to be.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Lap times are largely irrelavent during these tests. What is important is putting in as much laps as possible to find out any problems and get as much data collection as possible. Ferrari and Mercedes are well ahead of the pack. Mercedes so far are off of lasts years total laps of 156 using just the medium tyres.
    Im not too sure, last year Mercedes made a lot of laps, and still Hamilton car got a lot of problems during the season. So finding problems is relevant, but data collection is king, so different speeds and different loads gives you more data collection in my humble opinion.

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

1 hour left.....The Scuderia are having a stellar day so far.
    hope kimi will have a great day towmorrow as well then!

Vettel on Hards!

Quote Originally Posted by mardyrt View Post
    Vettel on Hards!
    That's great, more data collection

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

Quote Originally Posted by Scuderia85 View Post
    hope kimi will have a great day towmorrow as well then!
    I bet he can beat Vettels total lap count if it was'nt for that looooooooooong lunch break. He should.

I think the table is now turned. I think we are sandbagging.
    Forza Ferrari

I wonder the rubbish Sky UK will say tonight on Ferrari Performance today? 118 laps counting

Probably won't have time, too much to say about Ham ...

Lap times are largely irrelavent during these tests. What is important is putting in as much laps as possible to find out any problems and get as much data collection as possible. Ferrari and Mercedes are well ahead of the pack. Mercedes so far are off of lasts years total laps of 156 using just the medium tyres for day 1. Williams is doing well so far of which I did'nt expect them to be.

The reason for asking my question was to see how the tyres degraded and by how much, from a lap perspective. ( this of course depending weather he was pushing or not )
    Drive it like you stole it!

“I have nothing to lose. I can only attack and press on”

Michael Schumacher after Bahrain GP 2005

Session is now over, good day for us today.
    Forza Ferrari

Car looks amazing and sounds awesome. Looks really planted in the corners and looks to get good traction out of the final corner onto the straight
    Interviewer: “The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?”
    Kimi: “It protects my head.”

16:59 Sky
    In effect, Sebastian Vettel has completed not one but two Spanish GPs today. Are the cars as tough to drive as forecast?

Quote Originally Posted by Super M View Post
    The reason for asking my question was to see how the tyres degraded and by how much, from a lap perspective. ( this of course depending weather he was pushing or not )
    got it SuperM. Push it? absolutely but only to get a good lap time in....after that...its just lap after lap after lap after lap after lap....staying with the Mercs. in sub 1:23's give or take a second.

ted kravitz on youtube soon?

Thats it...Day 1 is done!

Day One Timesheet
    1) Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes, 73 laps, soft tyres, 1:21.765; 2) Sebastian Vettel, Ferrari, 128 laps; medium tyres, 1:21.878; 3) Felipe Massa, Williams, 103 laps, soft tyres, 1:22.076; 4) Kevin Magnussen, Haas, 51 laps 1:22.894; 5) Daniel Ricciardo, Red Bull, 50 laps, soft tyres, 1:22.926; 6) Valtteri Bottas, Mercedes, 79 laps, soft tyres, 1:23.169; 7) Sergio Perez, Force India, 39 laps, 1:23.709; 8) Carlos Sainz, Toro Rosso, 51 laps, 1:24.494; 9) Nico Hulkenberg, Renault, 57 laps, 1:24.784; 10) Fernando Alonso, McLaren, 29 laps, 1:24.852; 11) Marcus Ericsson, Sauber, 72 laps, 1:26.841

Craig Scarborough‏@ScarbsTech
    Red Bull's B-Spec nose makes an appearance
    C5rGvkmWcAAZdMD.jpg

Pat yourselves on the back tifosi and drink one for the Scuderia F1 crew, techs and Vettel for today was an impressive performance from all 3....minus that long lunch break....which we could have matched Mercs. 152 laps(156 last year) to our 128. Bravissimo!!!!

I don't want to get carried away by testing sessions, but so far, I think it looks better than the last few years.
    Mercedes will probably remain the team to beat but we might be able to fight back instead of hold on.

+ it would be boring to see another Mercedes only year.
    Life might be hard, Concrete is a lot harder

Quote Originally Posted by Grinsomx View Post
    I don't want to get carried away by testing sessions, but so far, I think it looks better than the last few years.
    Mercedes will probably remain the team to beat but we might be able to fight back instead of hold on.

+ it would be boring to see another Mercedes only year.
    the last test will be........enlightening.

I have some very good feelings guys. Most of it, the number of laps. And the fact that they stayed on Meds/Hards.

From the launch spec Ferrari have removed the spike winglet between the front suspension and sidepod (very near the prancing horse logo).
    Last edited by jragona; 27th February 2017 at 17:00.

It is good that they (Ferrari) are putting mileage in the car!

I have a suspicion that in the trade between williams and mercedes, involving bottas, there were some information given to williams as well. A help in development of somesort, besides the financial factor. Williams might look a lot better than people think they will

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    I have a suspicion that in the trade between williams and mercedes, involving bottas, there were some information given to williams as well. A help in development of somesort, besides the financial factor. Williams might look a lot better than people think they will
    For its first day, Williams did well with Massa. Tomorrow is the rookie.....and I stress ROOKIE in the long term.

Mercs been sandbagging for years now so I don't expect this year to be any different.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    Mercs been sandbagging for years now so I don't expect this year to be any different.
    Yes they have. Since we are on the subject of sandbagging for today. I will leave you guys this: What was the 2016 fastest lap at the Circuit de Catalunya to get pole. Given that time and these cars are supposed to be 3 to 5 seconds faster on the track during a normal race?????...so you can imagine what pole times are going to be at this lap this year.