Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: 2nd Winter Testing 7th March - 10th March 2017, Barcelona

"I think Ferrari are bluffing," Hamilton told reporters.

"I think they are a lot quicker than they are showing. They're very close to us. It's difficult right now to say exactly [which team] is quicker. But they are very close, if not faster.

no idea why he is saying ferrari looks twitchy, i was at the tests last week and us/merc look planted through every sector
    Interviewer: “The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?”
    Kimi: “It protects my head.”

Vettel finishes his test runs with a race simulation

Montmelò, 9 March – Sebastian Vettel finished his winter testing today with a full grand prix simulation shared out between morning and afternoon, and a series of other tests that brought today’s total of laps completed to 156. In addition to the 168 laps he put in on Tuesday that makes a total of 1,508km for the German Scuderia Ferrari driver during this second week of testing.
    Vettel said: “The important thing is that we have completed a lot of laps and, compared to the same time a year ago, we feel better prepared because of that. At this point lap times don’t mean anything: we followed our programme and made progress but there’s still room for improvement.”
    The race simulation took place in two phases – using Soft, Super Soft and Ultrasoft tyres during the late morning before covering a race distance (66 laps) with two sets of Soft tyres and one set of Mediums in the afternoon.

Tomorrow it will be Kimi Raikkonen’s turn to take to the wheel of the SF70H for the fourth and final day of winter testing. Then preparations will begin back at base for the first race of the world championship at Melbourne. The cars will leave from Maranello next Thursday.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

FerrariSteve Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post

"I think they are a lot quicker than they are showing. They're very close to us. It's difficult right now to say exactly [which team] is quicker. But they are very close, if not faster.
    Yeah, very close until we get to Melbourne and then the Mercs turn up the engine 30%, Ham & Toto are forever blowing smoke and saying others are sooo close and a threat.

..until race day comes.

(what I'd give for Ferrari to blow them away.)

Quote Originally Posted by TonyRizza View Post
    no idea why he is saying ferrari looks twitchy, i was at the tests last week and us/merc look planted through every sector

Great to hear. Yes he seems to be the only one saying this.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperatore View Post
    Great to hear. Yes he seems to be the only one saying this.
    I want them to continue saying negative things, I am hope there will be a smile on my face when we take pole and then win the first race. let the doubter continue to doubt.

Not all is rosy at Merc ... but then again, maybe they are bluffing :

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/m...ss-881142/?s=1

"I think they are a lot quicker than they are showing. They're very close to us. It's difficult right now to say exactly [which team] is quicker. But they are very close, if not faster."I think Ferrari are bluffing," Hamilton told reporters.

How would Hamilton know if they are not sandbagging as well? Of course they are, but so are we! This is the fun season.

Something just seems so unnatural to my eye every time I see that Merc turn into the final corner before the straight... I don't know if it's oversteer or what, but the car seems to rotate around it's inner right rear tyre with incredible precision and just line up for the straight so much faster from the vids I've seen (which undoubtedly isn't an extensive analysis)... they seem to be the only one that can do that...

Am I seeing things??
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Hey Lewis, I don't think bluffing means what you think it means. Bluffing is typically done when you have nothing and try to make others think otherwise.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Something just seems so unnatural to my eye every time I see that Merc turn into the final corner before the straight... I don't know if it's oversteer or what, but the car seems to rotate around it's inner right rear tyre with incredible precision and just line up for the straight so much faster from the vids I've seen (which undoubtedly isn't an extensive analysis)... they seem to be the only one that can do that...

Am I seeing things??
    All-wheel steering?

Was the vid from this test or last? I'd like to see what you are seeing.

All in all there is an apparent improvement from last year but the season hasn't even been born yet so I prefer to keep my hopes still in check. I also wish we have tighter play from the track team and strategy group--this is an area we can't possibly see in testing. IMO, we should forget dominating for now, I'd just like a car good, consistent car our drivers can fight with. That will be a sight for sore eyes.
    Last edited by killer; 10th March 2017 at 00:28.

Quote Originally Posted by killer View Post
    All-wheel steering?

Was the vid from this test or last? I'd like to see what you are seeing.

All in all there is an apparent improvement from last year but the season hasn't even been born yet so I prefer to keep my hopes still in check. I also wish we have tighter play from the track team and strategy group--this is an area we can't possibly see in testing. IMO, we should forget dominating for now, I'd just like a car good, consistent car our drivers can fight with. That will be a sight for sore eyes.
    Hey mate

It was a video i found randomly on youtube from today but i also noticed it in one of the earlier videos posted here... I'll look through some of the vids and post it if I can find it :)
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

I have a feeling that Mclaren might be sandbagging

Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    I have a feeling that Mclaren might be sandbagging
    They are totally commited to trolling if true, wrecking so many engines just to fool everybody. They dont even need to do lots of laps and try different setups, they are all set and ready to win.

They are totally commited to trolling if true, wrecking so many engines just to fool everybody. They dont even need to do lots of laps and try different setups, they are all set and ready to win.

Thanks for the humorous reply there!!.......enjoyed it!
    Drive it like you stole it!

Found this on http://www.f1technical.net/forum/vie...5976&start=480

Mclaren showing all

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariSteve View Post
    Yeah, very close until we get to Melbourne and then the Mercs turn up the engine 30%, Ham & Toto are forever blowing smoke and saying others are sooo close and a threat.

..until race day comes.

(what I'd give for Ferrari to blow them away.)
    What I like about Hamilton ( and God knows its the only thing I like about him) is that he is keeping trolling to a minimum, unlike Lauda who said Ferrari are faster than Mercedes. Last year Toto and Nico were all laughs after Australia, especially Nico who actually got a distant 2nd if I remember correctly, but at the press conference was laughing about the pace of the Ferrari's. Hamilton even though he won did not join the party in trolling Ferrari, and this year he is keeping it at a low. He admits here that they are sandbagging, but Ferrari are as well, so there is no telling who is in front, which I think is a fair point of view, even though one might be sandbagging more than the other, but you cant know that.
    Last edited by IulianFerrari; 10th March 2017 at 06:01.

Quote Originally Posted by Madobo View Post
    The floor of my 2007 Audi A4 looks more developed than that.

The floor of my 2007 Audi A4 looks more developed than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Madobo View Post
    How can McLaren explain to their insurance company that this mess is not an accident :)

Lets hope Kimi has a good testing day and can also put up a 1.19.3 on softs
    RBR will chase faster lap times today with Max

Red bull still doing aero work ?

Would that mean some sort of update to the front of the car

Quote Originally Posted by S1000RR View Post
    Probably..... or they could be struggling with the setup like ricciardo mentioned yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by S1000RR View Post
    Maybe they intend to close that gap in the nose.

Anyone would like to guess what the fastest time of today will be? Personally I don't think Merc will attack our times, so I am saying 1.18.9 for Kimi

Such a pleasure to see what Ferrari appear to have done with SF70-H and all without one of the big name technical gurus at the helm...all credit to the guys in Maranello, let's hope that it's carried through to Melbourne and the development over the season can keep up with Merc and RB. Re Merc and the 4-wheel steering idea, is that legal? Thanks for the great pics, tifosi1993 and Rob, as always.

14:10 And to confirm, Raikkonen is running unmarked rubber – like Ericsson earlier.

14:09 Raikkonen goes quickest on a 1m22.704s, and he's lapping quicker still.
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules