Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: 2nd Winter Testing 7th March - 10th March 2017, Barcelona

1.19.1 for kimi is what I expect he'll do

I believe 1:18 is what Kimi will do. We are sure to do some quali runs today.
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

I suppose Kimi will do 1:18.7

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Something just seems so unnatural to my eye every time I see that Merc turn into the final corner before the straight... I don't know if it's oversteer or what, but the car seems to rotate around it's inner right rear tyre with incredible precision and just line up for the straight so much faster from the vids I've seen (which undoubtedly isn't an extensive analysis)... they seem to be the only one that can do that...

Am I seeing things??
    I was seeing this as well. Thats why i was talking earlier that Mercedes have torque steer in the rear. It pivot the car on the rear tyers. Like they brake the inner whell and feedbthe power to the outer wheel to pivot the car. I noticed it too.

Found this on another forum, seems like RBR will be no tread to us for the first race(s) if true
    “It’s rumoured that the problems with the Renault power unit are more serious than previously thought. The proposed fix that was planned to be implemented for the first race in Melbourne would not pass the regulations, therefore it’s unlikely that another fix will be found before the start of the season. This in turn would mean that six out of the twenty cars will most likely not be able to reach the finish line.”

Quote Originally Posted by mardyrt View Post
    I was seeing this as well. Thats why i was talking earlier that Mercedes have torque steer in the rear. It pivot the car on the rear tyers. Like they brake the inner whell and feedbthe power to the outer wheel to pivot the car. I noticed it too.
    really anxious to see what you guys see, I can't find it

They have been doing clever things on their car for years now, I just our engineers noticed this, because it will be very useful for overtaken on a long straight

Is that even legal?

Skickat från min E6553 via Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Something just seems so unnatural to my eye every time I see that Merc turn into the final corner before the straight... I don't know if it's oversteer or what, but the car seems to rotate around it's inner right rear tyre with incredible precision and just line up for the straight so much faster from the vids I've seen (which undoubtedly isn't an extensive analysis)... they seem to be the only one that can do that...

Am I seeing things??
    I've seen it too. Its composure at corner apex to exit is visually different to the other cars. It's like the rear wheel under compression has got steer. Not saying they have, but it's like that's the effect. Saying that, I saw it more in footage from the first week test, not so much this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosso Corsa View Post
    I've seen it too. Its composure at corner apex to exit is visually different to the other cars. It's like the rear wheel under compression has got steer. Not saying they have, but it's like that's the effect. Saying that, I saw it more in footage from the first week test, not so much this one.
    Is there a possibility this has something to do with their controversial suspension, like they incorporated a smart way to allow the rear tyres to steer

Different cooling inlets near the cockpit then they used to drive

Quote Originally Posted by S1000RR View Post
    Is there a possibility this has something to do with their controversial suspension
    I don't know. It's got the "odd" look about it at 9:03 in this video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGGUF-34c-8

And there's another video of coming out of the final chicane and into the pit straight that plays tricks on your eyes too. I'll try and find it again. I'm not sure if it was a live stream or a posted video.

Found this on another forum, seems like RBR will be no tread to us for the first race(s) if true
    “It’s rumoured that the problems with the Renault power unit are more serious than previously thought. The proposed fix that was planned to be implemented for the first race in Melbourne would not pass the regulations, therefore it’s unlikely that another fix will be found before the start of the season. This in turn would mean that six out of the twenty cars will most likely not be able to reach the finish line.”
    Six? They're forgetting McLaren-Subaru!
    #GillesPerSempre #KeepFightingMichael #JB17

I don't know. It's got the "odd" look about it at 9:03 in this video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGGUF-34c-8

And there's another video of coming out of the final chicane and into the pit straight that plays tricks on your eyes too. I'll try and find it again. I'm not sure if it was a live stream or a posted video.
    whoah, see what you mean now. I remember Lauda saying the Merc can go much tighter around the corners a couple of days ago

Quote Originally Posted by Scuderia1967 View Post
    Six? They're forgetting McLaren-Subaru!
    Can you imagine if Ron bought out Manor?.......the smile on his face right now.

2nd Winter Testing 7th March - 10th March 2017, Barcelona

@Rosso Corsa @Tony @mardyrt

This is going to be difficult because of possible confirmation bias, but:

are you all referring to how, coming out of T9 @ (around 9:03/4 of the video, as stated), the Merc's rear appears to quite literally jump into just the right amount of oversteer to get around the corner?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm bringing April fool's day 3 weeks early by making a punt: McLaren to ditch Honda engines and to strike up a deal with Ferrari to use its F1 engines. Red bull to buy out the Honda F1 engine division to go on to develop and built its own engines. You read it here first!

Quote Originally Posted by From Treviso View Post
    I'm bring April fool's day 3 weeks early by making a punt: McLaren to ditch Honda engines and to strike up a deal with Ferrari to use its F1 engines. Red bull to buy out the Honda F1 engine division to go on to develop and built its own engines. You read it here first!
    not bad.....not bad at all....like the idea!

Think it's just the tyres which are allowing the front end to bite more. Would be good if we can get footage of Ferrari going through the same turn with soft tyres on a hot lap.

OMG McLaren broke down again. Engine nr 9 or so?

OMG McLaren broke down again. Engine nr 9 or so?
    This is truly amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Havanna89 View Post
    This is truly amazing

why only 19 laps for kimi? problems?

Quote Originally Posted by Havanna89 View Post
    This is truly amazing

unbelievalbe what has become of this team.......its not funny anymore.

No idea^

This is what we make the engine manufacturers' lap count to be:

Mercedes: 2414
    Ferrari: 2255
    Renault: 1628
    Honda: 399

Honda is as bad as a Russian Lada

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post

Almost on par with Merc with 1 team less? Impressive! (or did they also took Saubers mileage?)

Quote Originally Posted by killer View Post
    @Rosso Corsa @Tony @mardyrt

This is going to be difficult because of possible confirmation bias, but:

are you all referring to how, coming out of T9 @ (around 9:03/4 of the video, as stated), the Merc's rear appears to quite literally jump into just the right amount of oversteer to get around the corner?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No, but it happens at around the same time. Around a quarter/third way around the apex, the back end appears to be turning in a none parallel way to the front end. Like oversteer, but without loss of traction, so a kind of unnatural change of direction overall.

Maybe it's nothing at all though. Camera angle, hooked up lap, strange setup, could be any number of things. Martin Brundle mentioned the Merc yesterday at 2:05 in this video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbbzJWsTlME

He might be talking about the same thing. ..."the thing just takes off, it does a move..."

Almost on par with Merc with 1 team less? Impressive! (or did they also took Saubers mileage?)
    i think they did

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Can you imagine if Ron bought out Manor?.......the smile on his face right now.
    That was one of the most idiotic rumours I have ever heard. Made no sense at all

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post

Those statistics should be taken with a grain of salt: let's not forget that Merc used their 2 drivers every single day, while we only used 1...