Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 55 of 55

Thread: Will Stroll...

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Bulvania
    Posts
    2,661
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    BIIIIIIINNNNNGGGGOOO! winner winner chicken dinner!
    Oh my!

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Skopje, Macedonia
    Posts
    2,068
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    I don't know about the EU? But in Japan, he is underaged.
    He'll be underaged in the U.S. as well, right? EU is 18.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    2,842
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    He'll be underaged in the U.S. as well, right? EU is 18.

    drinking age here is 21. I believe he sported the Martini brand @ COTA in 2016?

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    2,842
    Stroll.......about as useless as Massa today @ Suzuka 2017.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,760
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Stroll.......about as useless as Massa today @ Suzuka 2017.
    If only Seb would have been at least as useless as Massa [36yrs. old! ] finishing in the points it would have been a little better than the disgrace of 0pts! Leclerc for Seb ASAP !

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Skopje, Macedonia
    Posts
    2,068
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    drinking age here is 21. I believe he sported the Martini brand @ COTA in 2016?
    He wasn't driving for Williams in 2016.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    2,842
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    He wasn't driving for Williams in 2016.

    Why was I thinking he did??.....brain fart on my end...thanks for the correction.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Skopje, Macedonia
    Posts
    2,068
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Why was I thinking he did??.....brain fart on my end...thanks for the correction.
    Haha doesn't matter, it will be interesting to see if he's allowed to promote Martini in the U.S. though.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    2,842
    Another pathetic and talentless drive by the Stroller @ Interlagos 2017 not to mention Gasly(P12) in an STR beat him in an AMG Williams who came in P16. Is that a first??? an STR beating a Williams?

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Skopje, Macedonia
    Posts
    2,068
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Another pathetic and talentless drive by the Stroller @ Interlagos 2017 not to mention Gasly(P12) in an STR beat him in an AMG Williams who came in P16. Is that a first??? an STR beating a Williams?
    Yeah, he's not very clumsy or anything but just painfully slow. I think Palmer is better.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    2,842
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Yeah, he's not very clumsy or anything but just painfully slow. I think Palmer is better.

    Or Kubica.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Skopje, Macedonia
    Posts
    2,068
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Or Kubica.
    There's no debate about Kubica

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Babes&Whisky
    Posts
    1,592
    Apart from some flukes, Felipe beat him clearly this season. In some races Stroll was painfull to watch and probably still doesnt deserve to be in f1, not even in a sauber, let alone williams. On the plus side he did improve from where he was at the start of the season, but to be honest, he looked like a useless log then. Now he looks more like a F1 driver, but with palmer gone i think he is the worst driver atm. If he keeps improving he may become a middle of the pack driver, but thats about it

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Skopje, Macedonia
    Posts
    2,068
    Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Apart from some flukes, Felipe beat him clearly this season. In some races Stroll was painfull to watch and probably still doesnt deserve to be in f1, not even in a sauber, let alone williams. On the plus side he did improve from where he was at the start of the season, but to be honest, he looked like a useless log then. Now he looks more like a F1 driver, but with palmer gone i think he is the worst driver atm. If he keeps improving he may become a middle of the pack driver, but thats about it
    Yap, it's only a matter of time till his his dad tells him to let F1 go and focus on the family business.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,386
    I don't think Stroll's got the beans for F1 where he's unlikely to remain for very long. His dad probably can tell a good investment from a bad one and won't continue to sponsor him
    for those feeble (so far) results. He's certainly not proven to be an up-and-comer in a good mid-field team like Williams but his fathers's money could keep him going in lower class racing and
    he could still improve with time but not at F1's pointed end. Oh callow youth!?

  16. #46
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,760
    Just compare the rookie Grosgean who has wrecked cars since day one in F1 and still has a seat. Max doesn't come close wrecking wise. Now take the long time veteran Stroll, no excuses after all these years in F1 he should have at least 1 WDC by now!! Midfield with Grosgean was a wartime horror! He still has a seat!! At his old past due age Stroll should think about retiring and give say the young Kubica a shot. Stroll should not be held at fault for his father's success. Many a would be future f1 driver will never see a seat because of no sponsor $$ 2018 will be the first year in a long time no Brasilian driver in F1 ! No $$ no seat. So far Stroll 40 pts. Grosgean 28,
    Last edited by Brembo; 15th November 2017 at 11:38.

  17. #47
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Babes&Whisky
    Posts
    1,592
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Just compare the rookie Grosgean who has wrecked cars since day one in F1 and still has a seat. Max doesn't come close wrecking wise. Now take the long time veteran Stroll, no excuses after all these years in F1 he should have at least 1 WDC by now!! Midfield with Grosgean was a wartime horror! He still has a seat!! At his old past due age Stroll should think about retiring and give say the young Kubica a shot. Stroll should not be held at fault for his father's success. Many a would be future f1 driver will never see a seat because of no sponsor $$ 2018 will be the first year in a long time no Brasilian driver in F1 ! No $$ no seat. So far Stroll 40 pts. Grosgean 28,
    Its still funny when I remember many on the forum recommended we sign Grosjean when Raikkonen retires, just goes to show you how much they know about F1. At this point though, I would take Grosjean over Stroll, but if he improves that will change

  18. #48
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,624
    Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Its still funny when I remember many on the forum recommended we sign Grosjean when Raikkonen retires, just goes to show you how much they know about F1. At this point though, I would take Grosjean over Stroll, but if he improves that will change
    I don't know what some forum members were thinking when they said Grosjean should have Raikkonen's seat, especially when Jules Bianchi was still alive. He was a homegrown product who scored points in a Marussia...

    FORZA FERRARI!
    Tous avec Jules #17

  19. #49
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,760
    I can remember Jules getting that chance with Marussia in 2013. The seat was contracted to a Brasilian rookie; Luiz Razia. But his sponsors backed out at the last minute and he lost that F1 seat. Jules wound up taking his place.

  20. #50
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    2,842
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Or Kubica.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    There's no debate about Kubica

    Rumors floating that Kubica has already signed a two year deal with Williams. Nothing concrete....yet.

  21. #51
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Babes&Whisky
    Posts
    1,592
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Rumors floating that Kubica has already signed a two year deal with Williams. Nothing concrete....yet.
    Would have gotten Jenson if I was them. Actually if it was up to me Jenson and Felipe would be the drivers.

  22. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Skopje, Macedonia
    Posts
    2,068
    Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Would have gotten Jenson if I was them. Actually if it was up to me Jenson and Felipe would be the drivers.
    I doubt Jenson would be racing for peanuts. Probably he would want at least $5M.

    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Rumors floating that Kubica has already signed a two year deal with Williams. Nothing concrete....yet.
    Awesome stuff, hope it's true!

  23. #53
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    2,842
    Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Would have gotten Jenson if I was them. Actually if it was up to me Jenson and Felipe would be the drivers.
    Me too but look at it this way, Stroll's dad paid for Massa's salary......and then some. I doubt JB has that kind of cash. Williams took the cash all for a father and son's expensive hobby.

  24. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Skopje, Macedonia
    Posts
    2,068
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Me too but look at it this way, Stroll's dad paid for Massa's salary......and then some. I doubt JB has that kind of cash. Williams took the cash all for a father and son's expensive hobby.
    JB is a real professional, he want's to get payed for doing his job, not pay.

  25. #55
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,760
    [QUOTE=Stormy;961852 a real professional, he want's to get payed for doing his job, not pay.[/QUOTE]

    Well said. That's why team orders are so tough for a driver to accept. Drive to win, get the most points, that's the job.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •