Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Will Stroll...

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    EXACTLY!!!!

No Hamitlon hater here....but the car has always been the center of focus for me. I mean, Lewis picks his battles in the mid-field, whenever he's there, knowing full well he's got a rocketship since 2014.....oh yeah...let's not forget the team behind the car with an "unlimited budget" whom is always persistent and don't rest on their laurels.

This RP20 aka pink mercedes, just shows what an average dirver can do in qualifying compared to last year's RP19. Once your up in the front, it's pretty much gravy from there in the race.

Lewis the GOAT??? I don't think so IMO, but in this hybrid era given the car, the team and the budget.......well that depends on what your definition and criteria of what makes up a GOAT.
    Yeah now we can compare pink Mercedes 2019 vs real merc drivers. When in pink Mercs, stroll is doing a better job then It gives indication that any driver can be a WDC in that real merc. Nothing to take away from ham, he’s sometimes smarter than all, knows when to sit back & when to attack.
    If he feels there’s no chance for 1st he will settle for 2nd. But if he sniffs 1st place he will go for it & sometimes he’s been lucky too. There’s no real challenge for Ham from 2014 to 2020 except 2016 from Rosberg where he did panic on couple of occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Yeah now we can compare pink Mercedes 2019 vs real merc drivers. When in pink Mercs, stroll is doing a better job then It gives indication that any driver can be a WDC in that real merc. Nothing to take away from ham, he’s sometimes smarter than all, knows when to sit back & when to attack.
    If he feels there’s no chance for 1st he will settle for 2nd. But if he sniffs 1st place he will go for it & sometimes he’s been lucky too. There’s no real challenge for Ham from 2014 to 2020 except 2016 from Rosberg where he did panic on couple of occasions.
    agreed

+1 [bolded area]
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Cut and paste copy and playgerise buy intellectual property and take lots and lots of pictures.Welome to the new era of formula1.

Silverstone 2020

What can I say.....Stroll had a terrible DRIVE in the race.

Got passed by both Mclaren drivers, both Renault drivers, and an Alpha Tauri(Gasly) driver...and he is in a pink Mercedes(W10).

Sainz ended up P14 due to a blown left front tire on the last lap.

Bottas was P2 and he ended up P11 due to a blown left front tire on the last lap. Everyone behind moves up one spot.

Hamiltons left front tire blew on the last lap as well.

Stroll started P6 and ended up P9.

Stroll should have an easy path to P4 in WDC, but is falling way behind Leclerc already. Priceless

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Stroll should have an easy path to P4 in WDC, but is falling way behind Leclerc already. Priceless
    DON'T EVER COMPARE STROLL TO LECLERC or put them in the same sentence.......NO COMPARISON!!!!!!

Put Stroll in a Ferrari [spits!] he'd have been plumb last. More talent in a Ritz cracker.
    Trying to be less angry..

Race's like today emphasize that Stroll is the worst driver on the F1 grid. It's an outrage that he will keep his ride in Racing Point over any of a 100 drivers better than him just because Daddy bought the team. He is a disgrace to F1.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Mercedes made them tune down their engines - to much heat on them with the Renault protests.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Mercedes made them tune down their engines - to much heat on them with the Renault protests.
    You’re just making that $#/) up

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    Race's like today emphasize that Stroll is the worst driver on the F1 grid. It's an outrage that he will keep his ride in Racing Point over any of a 100 drivers better than him just because Daddy bought the team. He is a disgrace to F1.
    Stroll is tied for 9th place with Dan , 20 points each. Seb has only 10 Pts. so far. Both Dan & Seb have been around allot longer than Stroll. Where are all the 100 other drivers ?

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    You’re just making that $#/) up
    Definitely made it up, but that doesn’t make it not plausible lol. The first 3 races of the season they were the 2nd/3rd best team. Cue the protests, by the 4th race back to a midfield team. makes you wonder eh lol

What else are we going to talk about? Lewis the goat? Ferrari’s underachievement? Have some fun ahah
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Definitely made it up, but that doesn’t make it not plausible lol. The first 3 races of the season they were the 2nd/3rd best team. Cue the protests, by the 4th race back to a midfield team. makes you wonder eh lol

What else are we going to talk about? Lewis the goat? Ferrari’s underachievement? Have some fun ahah
    lol. this is a good point. It could entirely be true.
    Having said that, i think the boy is average at best. If it wasnt daddy's team, would he have still been picked? By any team on the grid?
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Stroll is tied for 9th place with Dan , 20 points each. Seb has only 10 Pts. so far. Both Dan & Seb have been around allot longer than Stroll. Where are all the 100 other drivers ?
    Are you suggesting that Stroll is better than Vettel, despite 4 world championships just because he currently has 10 pts?

Stroll would likely get 2nd place in the WDC if he was driving with Mercedes, it wouldn't make him a good driver. The Racing Point is competitive against Red Bull with a decent driver, and the guy fails to 9th place.

The 100 other drivers are proper talents in other classes of autoracing. Be it in F2, F3, Indy, or even Sports Car racing or Karting.

Not better but doing better. 4 titles makes Seb look worse now than if he had none. If anyone won because of "The Car!' it was Seb. Stroll is in 9th place alongside Dan right now. It could be worse. I give him credit for his efforts so far. Any driver who would be in a Merc right now has to beat Max! It's not only the car. Luis OK. he can drive and win on 3 wheels. Besides him anyone else car or no car has to be good at the wheel, Max is 100% on anyone in his way of winning. Charles' podium was great!

Not better but doing better. 4 titles makes Seb look worse now than if he had none. If anyone won because of "The Car!' it was Seb. Stroll is in 9th place alongside Dan right now. It could be worse. I give him credit for his efforts so far. Any driver who would be in a Merc right now has to beat Max! It's not only the car. Luis OK. he can drive and win on 3 wheels. Besides him anyone else car or no car has to be good at the wheel, Max is 100% on anyone in his way of winning. Charles' podium was great!
    I agree Stroll is doing better this year than he ever has. He deserves credit for his drives in wet weather this year, he outperformed Perez for sure. It's also worth saying that a good car that is generally easy to drive will make a bad driver look a LOT better. The great drivers are able to find the speed and get results out of a poor handling car. The likes of Schumacher, Alonso, Verstappen, etc.

I can't move Stroll off the bottom of the list in F1 talent just because he's scored some points in a car that should be fighting for podiums. Ferrari on the other hand should be fighting for 9th and 10th given Mercedes, Red Bull, Racing Point, and McLaren are faster than them.

Ferrari on the other hand should be fighting for 9th and 10th given Mercedes, Red Bull, Racing Point, and McLaren are faster than them.
    Give credit to Leclerc. The kid is RACING in a questionable car and is fighting the car to get it as high on the podium as possible. Seb is anothe story.

Stroll drives an F1 car, he does'nt RACE in one. The kid got passed by 2 Renaults, 2 Mclarens and 1 Alpha Tauri during the SilverstoneGP 2020 in a pink Mercedes that is arguably the 2nd fastest car on the grid. He went backwards rather than forwards. He's inconsistent.

Stroll was clueless when asked post-race as to what happened......wihich is typical from him when he underperforms. He won't admit it's him really.

I was and am always wanting to see Gio coming up in the top 10. I give Stroll credit for how he's progressing.

I was and am always wanting to see Gio coming up in the top 10. I give Stroll credit for how he's progressing.
    For some reason GIO seems to be able to start well and make up positions but it all goes pear-shaped after his pit stops. Not sure I blame the driver as much as the strategist and pit crew. As for Stroll, his whining voice is enough to put me off, but he appears to like wet weather.

Stroll needs to watch more driver interviews and learn to say , So Yeah , yeah but, at least 10 xs in an interview. All in all he seems very much into getting up in the points.

Silverstone 70th Anniversary Qualifying 2020

Both Hulk and Lance make it to Q3

Hulk P3

Stroll P6

+0.4 sec lol.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Forget Stroll's old mans $$$ , he really want's to be a top 3 driver ASAP. I'm sure he feels; if Max can do it so can he. If he can stay in the top 10 this season it's a big deal. Hulk's been around a while. The 32 yr. old German has 177 F-1 starts . One pole, no wins. Stroll is 21 yrs. old. He started in F-1 in 2017. With 66 starts. 1 pole, 1 podium he looks to be a future top driver. Comparing Hulk to Stroll is more a compliment to Stroll than anything else.
    Last edited by Brembo; 9th August 2020 at 03:26.

Forget Stroll's old mans $$$ , he really want's to be a top 3 driver ASAP. I'm sure he feels; if Max can do it so can he. If he can stay in the top 10 this season it's a big deal. Hulk's been around a while. The 32 yr. old German has 177 F-1 starts . One pole, no wins. Stroll is 21 yrs. old. He started in F-1 in 2017. With 66 starts. 1 pole, 1 podium he looks to be a future top driver. Comparing Hulk to Stroll is more a compliment to Stroll than anything else.
    Are you on Lawrence Stroll's payroll? hahaha jk.

Since when did Lance Stroll get a pole? I know of no such feat.

I think Hulk is good, but overrated. If he beats Stroll in a car he's had just a few practice sessions in, it makes Stroll look even worse. IMO.

Are you on Lawrence Stroll's payroll? hahaha jk.

Since when did Lance Stroll get a pole? I know of no such feat.

I think Hulk is good, but overrated. If he beats Stroll in a car he's had just a few practice sessions in, it makes Stroll look even worse. IMO.
    No pole correct! Just checking if anyone is paying attention. If Hulk beats Seb and Charles this race should Ferrai fans give up? For sure no. Please tell me the name of a good Canadian vino!

Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Let's bring stand-in Nico into the pits so Lance boy can beat him

Leclerc 45
    Stroll 28

Oopsi.

Silverston 70th Anniversary race

Stroll P6

Hulk P7

Racing Point pitted Hulk on lap 45 due to vibrations in his car......his prive set of tires needed changing. Stroll was never a threat during the race while Hulk was ahead of Lance.

Just saw somewhere that Stroll is 21 years old. He is learning. Making progress, not making mistakes, not bad IMO.

Great post ! He is doing all he can to be in the top 5 even 4 .