Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Australian GP 2017 - Practice and qualifying thread

I don't remember seeing that blue/white smoke coming out of the Mercs today. Could it be that Merc weren't running the Engine at full beans or have they stopped that supposed fuel and oil mixture

Ferrari must improve traction.

Pretty cool how in Q2 vettel did a Q3 practise run and bagged it on the straight not to out pace his earlier time.. Ferrari obviously hadn't done a fully optimised qualifying run in the new car and just wanted to check the balance without compromising their race tire....

You can see with the video above Hamilton is just ahead in sector 1. But Seb looks like quickly catches up and is dead even just before turn 9. The. Seb gets out of shape and looses out. Interesting.

From the video it's very clear that T1,T2,T3 was all the difference!
    Hmmm Slow corner traction?

Quote Originally Posted by Cemz85 View Post
    You can see with the video above Hamilton is just ahead in sector 1. But Seb looks like quickly catches up and is dead even just before turn 9. The. Seb gets out of shape and looses out. Interesting.
    Exactly what I was about to write. Pole was possible. Mercedes looks like it's little bit easier to drive, but our car is fast, there's no doubt about that.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

“It was not very good. I made life complicated for myself right from the first session: I never managed to put all the sectors together and that cost me lap time. But the car feels strong and I just have to do better.” -KIMI

We will def get the better start so i expect Seb to be in front by turn 1 and then hopefully he will drive away without problems. BUT, i fear another sc will happen and hopefully this time Ferrari handles our strategy alot better than last year.
    Kimi i think is still struggling with the balance of the car but hopefully he will get a gopd start too and get in a nice groove and get a good result as well.
    Most imprtant thing i think is that Seb is smiling again, that to me says alot. Its a very promising start to our season and hopefullu Ferrari dont stop developing and keep getting better and better instead of going backwards as they have done for many years now.
    BRING IT ON!! FORZA FERRARI!!
    CUT ME. CUT YOU. BOTH OUR BLOOD IS FERRARI RED!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C7wmxc6WkAA6Zra.jpg:large

Interesting Comparison from Q2 to Q3:

Ham gained: 1.1sec
    Vet : 1sec
    Bottas: .8sec
    Kimi: .3sec

Kimi didn't do a perfect lap, he was struggling with the rear end of the car throughout the session.
    Hope he gets into groove, so that he can attack mercs at every track.

Anto Giovinazzi, great drive pretty much impressed. Hope this guy, have a good future ahead & break into Ferrari car one day.

Quote Originally Posted by f412 View Post
    Guys... lewis is not that all mighty...given his experience...he could only outqualify bottas by less than 3 tenths.. but bottas was pushing hard and making mistakes...if he had a cool head...who knows what would hv been the outcome... and one more thing...if vet and ham drove the same car...say merc or Ferrari.. who do you think will be ahead...
    Just watched Bottas lap, and he made lots of mistakes, now I understand why Vettel was ahead him...faster car but many mistakes
    Ferrari is clear second best team and gap is not so much anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    1 second slower but engines were turned down due to electrical issues and chasing set up.I would not read too much into the race sim times
    race sim times
    I hope you are right. Do you have some link to these electrical issues? We have had better race sim times in the past, and they have been usually correct.

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    I hope you are right. Do you have some link to these electrical issues? We have had better race sim times in the past, and they have been usually correct.
    Seb mentioned at the post qualifying press that the car would be much faster compared to yesterday so I reckon one of the reasons being the engine turned down.

I am really surprised and pleased about how much Ferrari has progressed since last year! Well done!
    Frustrating thing is that no matter what, that Mercedes always pull out something more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    Seb mentioned at the post qualifying press that the car would be much faster compared to yesterday so I reckon one of the reasons being the engine turned down.
    Yesterday he was 0.5 behind one lap and today 0.3 so car/he was faster today, but what are these talks about engine turned down because of electrical issues, I cant find anything, is that rumour or what

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    I am really surprised and pleased about how much Ferrari has progressed since last year! Well done!
    Frustrating thing is that no matter what, that Mercedes always pull out something more!!!
    Yes, we are closer now, but still behind. I am tired to that Mercs dominance. Like I said, even Bottas should have been ahead Seb, but he had pressure and overdriving today.
    And that RB is so much behind us, it is just way it should be, so I really can not be so happy about that either.

I think we'll be fine for the race i have a good feeling!

Yesterday he was 0.5 behind one lap and today 0.3 so car/he was faster today, but what are these talks about engine turned down because of electrical issues, I cant find anything, is that rumour or what
    Not sure about that. I thought it would be turned down because of only 4 engines per season.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Yeah it's called a Lewis

Handle mercs dominance for about less than 3s on 1st ten laps and we are on great way to win

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

Was mentioned on SKY programme by Ted

Mercs quick as expected, but their greatest achievement is still making us believe Rosberg and Bottas are good drivers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Renault engine cars using 2016 MGU-K which is heavier (5kg) and less powerful for about 5 races, this will affect Red Bull

http://www.autosport.com/news/report...-for-australia

Quote Originally Posted by erinha View Post
    New clutches this season.. The start might catch some drivers out.

Then there is the strategy...
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/128541

and strategy, one stop race, so not so much strategy there

Great show from the drivers and team, it gives us hope and finally it seems possible that we can offer a real challenge to Merc, but the race strategy and any safety cars may make all the difference. Great to see Giovinazzi making his debut in such a positive way, too.

Looking forward to an exciting race tomorrow.

Hopefully our race pace is stronger.

Is that where we are going now to disparage other drivers? Look at how far off Kimi is from the front runners in evenly matched cars. How would you respond if I said Ferrari is making Vettel look better than Ricciardo when we know that in the same car he was beaten convincingly. It's what you do with the equipment you are given that matters. Rosberg is now a champion and I'm sure you will agree it's only fair to give Bottas a chance to prove himself before cruelly dismissing his abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by killer View Post
    Mercs quick as expected, but their greatest achievement is still making us believe Rosberg and Bottas are good drivers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Replying to this post