Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Australian GP 2017 - Practice and qualifying thread

Early days so all a bit meaningless but, if it stays 'this way', I am sure we can mess with Bottas (easier than Rosberg last term.?) which should mean regular podiums..

Lots to look forward to..

#ForzaFerrari
    Trying to be less angry..

Were done! all the hopes are gone, no one can beat mercedes no matter what regulation changes until they completely change everything including the engine!

2004 they cant beat Michael than change everything and Renault beat Ferrari in 2005

I think if we're all totally honest with ourselves, we're right around where we should be. More to come tomorrow, but I think Mercedes is again the dominant force. Let's be honest - did we expect anything else?!

I think the real positive is that Ferrari is a clear number 2 after a big regulation change without a "Newey". Very encouraging! Let's hope we can develop well and keep pace throughout the season. I think we're more in play than we were last year.

finger cross tomorrow Q3 than Quali, hope vettel can give us all heart attack with rocket lap.

Vettel quoted as saying the car didn't feel as good as it should have. Chasing setup today, he expected to be faster.

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    I think if we're all totally honest with ourselves, we're right around where we should be. More to come tomorrow, but I think Mercedes is again the dominant force. Let's be honest - did we expect anything else?!

I think the real positive is that Ferrari is a clear number 2 after a big regulation change without a "Newey". Very encouraging! Let's hope we can develop well and keep pace throughout the season. I think we're more in play than we were last year.
    Think you're about right. Much as we'd have liked to have seen the cars demon fast 'out of the box', things looking OK so far. After the race on Sunday we'll have a way better idea of the initial pecking order.. then we can panic - or celebrate!

Trying to be less angry..

come on people, it's just the beginning of the season. there are many more possibilities to come, at least we are in a better position compared to last year specially now that engine development is now unlimited. If i remember my history, ferrari is the BEST when it comes to developing it's engine. as far as aero is concerned, i think we have improved in a way. and besides, the fight hasn't started yet and you are now conceding?
    Forza Ferrari

Early days - just think how much quicker they were at Barcelona in testing compared to the same race venue last year! I believe they had plenty in reserve going by how fast they've consistently been at the winter tests - time will tell. BTW, I was there today sitting on the long bend that's exactly the other side of the straight. I have come away with nothing to add except that the Hondas actually sound like proper race engines, which is a good thing, and that the Renaults and the Red Bulls looked quick. Sadly, the sheer excitement is gone of the old F1days because there's none of that exhilarating shrill that blasts you each time they go past; now they sound like high powered motorbikes. But from a TV point of view, I have no problems at all!

For the record I'm not conceding anything. I've been saying all along that people shouldn't get too excited. As soon as we're fast in testing people think we're going to win everything. It just isn't going to happen! I just wish people would keep a level head - but they never do. When we were fast in testing we were going to dominate. When we're not P1 is the first practice session of the entire year ALL HOPE IS LOST. No offence to anyone, but it's actually extremely annoying. Sometimes I wonder why I come to this forum.

Ferrari

Sebastian Vettel: "Today is not really that important in the end. It is very important but not when you look at the final standings, one lap time only. I think overall it's been OK. We had some small trouble this morning, which cost us some track time so it took a bit longer to get into the groove. Overall I think we can still improve. The car doesn't yet feel as good as it should and as it can. I'm confident we can do something overnight.

"People from the outside always make up their own opinion, no matter what you tell them but that's how it is. Obviously we've been very happy at testing, times look good, but it doesn't mean anything when you come here and that's when it matters, I think we were realistic about that.

"As I said today was OK, I think the car feels good. It hasn't changed much, I mean it's only two weeks ago we got out of the car but it's good to be back here and as I said we can still improve."

Kimi Raikkonen: "I didn't really expect anything from today. For sure, we could have had more straightforward running and we had small problems here and there. I think overall we have to be happy and look forward to tomorrow."

For the record I'm not conceding anything. I've been saying all along that people shouldn't get too excited. As soon as we're fast in testing people think we're going to win everything. It just isn't going to happen! I just wish people would keep a level head - but they never do. When we were fast in testing we were going to dominate. When we're not P1 is the first practice session of the entire year ALL HOPE IS LOST. No offence to anyone, but it's actually extremely annoying. Sometimes I wonder why I come to this forum.
    Just the normal tifosi paranoia, Ferrari look great in testing, then have no answer when the real races begin.
    IIRC Ferrari could've won Melbourne 2016 if not for a bad strategy? I think we've improved the car, hoping that fact plus the tyre change by Pirelli, make strategy calls a little more straightforward & we can bag a few wins this season.

Can't wait for quali & the race... FORZA FERRARI!!!
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Onboard lap looks good to me.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/v...milton-885453/

As i said earlier, it wasn't clean lap from our both drivers. So, there is room for improvement tomorrow.
    I'm damn sure, this car can challenge mercs.

Last edited by Rob; 24th March 2017 at 08:42.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Well said, it's just winding everyone up when people are being so negative. We have flattered to deceive so many times in the past, but let's save the negativity until it becomes an genuine issue, which may well not happen. Stay positive while we can.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Well said, it's just winding everyone up when people are being so negative. We have flattered to deceive so many times in the past, but let's save the negativity until it becomes an genuine issue, which may well not happen. Stay positive while we can.
    yes i agree, and even if we don't win this season, it will not stop me from hoping we will one day become dominant again. Forza Ferrari!
    Forza Ferrari

If mercs continue to dominate again this year, i see change in engine regulations. Bye to hybrid turbo era.
    Hopefully ross thinks in that way.

GP F1RST @GPF1RST
    Has Mercedes kept its advantage over Ferrari? Kimi Raikkonen doesn’t think we’ll find out in Melbourne: http://www.crash.net/f1/news/243021/...raikkonen.html … #AusGP #F1

if kimi says so, there must me some pace left out in that car.

If it wasn't for bottas in the other car I could have sworn we were watching the 2016 weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    If mercs continue to dominate again this year, i see change in engine regulations. Bye to hybrid turbo era.
    Hopefully ross thinks in that way.
    i'm not sure that's going to happen anytime soon.
    Forza Ferrari

My take - you will see Ferrari tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by vetalo View Post
    where?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by fmatiasii View Post
    where?
    on track with a pole position.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    on track with a pole position.
    what position?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by vetalo View Post
    Actually there will be two, just like today.

What tyres were we and the mercs running when the fastest times were set anybody know??
    "That has made me fall in love with Ferrari even more today than ever." Fernando Alonso

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari Man View Post
    What tyres were we and the mercs running when the fastest times were set anybody know??
    Ultra Softs

Skickat från min E6553 via Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari Man View Post
    Forza Ferrari

CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE