Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Australian GP 2017 - Race thread - Ferrari wins

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    Come on now man. Honestly, do you think we have won if Seb had been behind Lewis after he pitted?
    We would still have had the fastest car though....you said Merc was quicker.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    We would still have had the fastest car though....you said Merc was quicker.
    All right Greig. Have a nice Sunday.

All right Greig. Have a nice Sunday.
    I will
    Forza Ferrari

Come on now man. Honestly, do you think we have won if Seb had been behind Lewis after he pitted?
    Kimi didnt have the best of days today he was unlucky i guess!
    "Okay,...Jean is smarter than you....... can you confirm you understood that message" Bernie on the phone to Max circa 2009

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines - Enzo Ferrari circa 1960

CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Didn't want to create a Thread, so i will put the question here, do you think Bottas was given team orders to back off Lewis? IMO, Bottas might quicker than Lewis?

I smilled because since the first day of testing I am been saying how good the car is; this result showed that i was right, even on friday when there was doubt everywhere I said I was so sure that we would come good on saturday. great win great year ahead

Quote Originally Posted by steelstallions View Post
    Didn't want to create a Thread, so i will put the question here, do you think Bottas was given team orders to back off Lewis? IMO, Bottas might quicker than Lewis?
    thought the same thing. As he was catching Lewis, and quickly. Then suddenly he "slowed" But near the end he picked it up, i think just to out the point across he was quick and could of caught and passed Lewis.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by steelstallions View Post
    I think we would have heard that radio call if they did, so no I don't think they did. He just showed the Merc can't follow another car
    Forza Ferrari

I will also say that all the so called advanced design Mercedes has in the bargeboard area and underneath the nose area will always give them problem following other cars. so I will rather Ferrari keep things in front as they are and work more on developing the back end of the car.

Latest news, this just came in..........apparently the reason why Kimi did not perform well is because they forgot to buy him his favorite ICE CREAM!
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by fmatiasii View Post
    Latest news, this just came in..........apparently the reason why Kimi did not perform well is because they forgot to buy him his favorite ICE CREAM!

I think Merc have always had issues with tyres even last year but it wasnt evident as they were too far ahead to be challenged by anyone. So this year most of their flaws will be exposed for the public to see. They have trouble following other cars. Their car is not a beast in race trim even last year it was the same but no one could really challenge them. Even their PU is showing some flaws now because Ferrari are just so much quicker. Where is the Blue/White smoke that Merc had last year ?

ahhh.. that's a big IF no? no need for IFs. we won fair and with our race pace and that's about it. just enjoy the win and let's look forward to the next race..

Man after being ill for the whole week, celebrating my birthday yesterday and now this for a present lol.

Am-MEI-zing hearing the German/Italian anthems again!!!

And the beauty of it we won an raw speed.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

What a feeling!! Loved those 57 laps.
    Just a start tho, hope we keep up in the development race
    Alonso: “I stopped as a Ferrari driver but from Monday I’m a Ferrari supporter

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    Man after being ill for the whole week, celebrating my birthday yesterday and now this for a present lol.

Am-MEI-zing hearing the German/Italian anthems again!!!

And the beauty of it we won an raw speed.
    Belated Happy Birthday ;)
    You got a beautiful gift from the team
    Alonso: “I stopped as a Ferrari driver but from Monday I’m a Ferrari supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Fiondella View Post
    Kimi didnt have the best of days today he was unlucky i guess!
    Okey, I was not talking about Kimi, but I can answer to that. I believe Kimi is too old to drive, I know that you can do good job even if you are 37, like Damon Hill when he won WDC, but I believe we need new blood now, and I would love to see Max driving Ferrari next year.
    But that is just my personal opinion and every one has opinion, so...

On such a great day for Ferrari I don't understand how anyone on this forum can be glass half empty...

How you can have such pessimism and negativity after such an optimistic and euphoric day is beyond belief , but each to their own I suppose..

After such a tough run for the team, my advise is to sit back and smell them roses, because they smell ******* great!!

FORZA FERRARI!!

Quote Originally Posted by cisco82 View Post
    On such a great day for Ferrari I don't understand how anyone on this forum can be glass half empty...

How you can have such pessimism and negativity after such an optimistic and euphoric day is beyond belief , but each to their own I suppose..

After such a tough run for the team, my advise is to sit back and smell them roses, because they smell ******* great!!

FORZA FERRARI!!
    smelling great indeed mate!

have a great Sunday everyone!!

Okey, I was not talking about Kimi, but I can answer to that. I believe Kimi is too old to drive, I know that you can do good job even if you are 37, like Damon Hill when he won WDC, but I believe we need new blood now, and I would love to see Max driving Ferrari next year.
    Need consistent driver, max is too aggressive at the moment. He needs to cool down a little bit & show some maturity. In my opinion Romain Groj is best option if kimi announces his retirement end of this year.

But for this year, just sit & njoy our both drivers will deliver WCC championship.

Probably not,bacause its hard ro overtake here.
    BUT we would end 1-2 secs behind.
    HAM end 10!!!!! .
    So YES we had the fastest car today.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fmatiasii View Post
    Did you come up with that all by yourself?

KR just finished 4th with a not so perfect handling car. He beat boy wonder and he needs to be replaced already. That escalated rather quickly.

This win is like Malaysia 2015, when Ericsson crashed and safety Car came out and everyone else pitted, but not Seb, and he won.

I like to win like we won in Singapore 2015.

What an amazing win! Congrats to Seb and to the team. Yes we really were competitive in the pre-season tests!
    To those who are already complaining about Kimi, you seem to forget that he, even with a faulty car, did the race's best lap...
    As for the rest:

Merc's race pace isn't as fast as ours... and was my mind playing tricks on me or did Bottas slowed down on purpose or otherwise Lewis would throw a tantrum?
    Where were all those amazing, mind-blowing, aero updates everyone and their mothers were saying Newey was preparing for Red Bull? Because I saw none. Tough luck on Daniel, anyway
    Williams really seems to be the 4th best team, for now. Sorry, I meant Felipe
    Force India's race pace is far better than their quali efforts. Great job from Esteban
    I was expecting more from Toro Rosso. Both drivers in the Top 10 is still a great performance, though
    Too bad Romain's engine failed him, a similar performance to last year's one was at his reach. As for Kevin, what an idiot. Why Haas hired him is beyond me
    Renault still has a loooong way to go. Good race from Hulk, anyway. As for Jolyon-son-of-Jonathan, the least said the better
    Giovinazzi was awesome in his debut, but Sauber, even with a very good car, will struggle to finish in the points this year
    Awesome race from Fernando, but it was Vandoorne who showed what that dog of a car really is. Absolutely pathetic
    #GillesPerSempre #KeepFightingMichael #JB17

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    KR just finished 4th with a not so perfect handling car. He beat boy wonder and he needs to be replaced already. That escalated rather quickly.
    Who is to blame when he has wrong setup? I know Seb had a right setup. Bottas had a right setup, Hamilton had a right setup.
    It is just not this race, his time is simply over. He is not hungry anymore. Max is hungry.

Savour the moment, ragazzi, what a way to start the season! Bravo, still can't quite believe it but the whole team deserve this result and let's pray we can keep the development going, Forza Ferrari sempre!

This win is like Malaysia 2015, when Ericsson crashed and safety Car came out and everyone else pitted, but not Seb, and he won.

To me this win looks exactly like Merc win 12 months ago, faster car better strategy

I understand where your coming from, but right now, you need to chill. Just enjoy this moment and hope it goes on race after race.
    Forza Ferrari