Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Australian GP 2017 - Race thread - Ferrari wins

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    Who is to blame when he has wrong setup? I know Seb had a right setup. Bottas had a right setup, Hamilton had a right setup.
    It is just not this race, his time is simply over. He is not hungry anymore. Max is hungry.
    You are the only one blaming and jumping to conclusions.

Okey, I was not talking about Kimi, but I can answer to that. I believe Kimi is too old to drive, I know that you can do good job even if you are 37, like Damon Hill when he won WDC, but I believe we need new blood now, and I would love to see Max driving Ferrari next year.
    But that is just my personal opinion and every one has opinion, so...
    Well I agree with all of your comment although i would still question Kimi's comittment well ever since magnumgate really and defo replace him with max
    "Okay,...Jean is smarter than you....... can you confirm you understood that message" Bernie on the phone to Max circa 2009

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines - Enzo Ferrari circa 1960

How do you get Verstappen out of a long-term contract with RBR?

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    i'm not sure if Ferrari is even interested in max to begin with.
    Forza Ferrari

Who is to blame when he has wrong setup? I know Seb had a right setup. Bottas had a right setup, Hamilton had a right setup.
    It is just not this race, his time is simply over. He is not hungry anymore. Max is hungry.
    You really don't know that car setups is configured by the likings of the driver ?

Disappointing; 2009 to 2016...

Quote Originally Posted by SinanOzerS View Post
    You really don't know that car setups is configured by the likings of the driver ?
    His implication is that KR does not know but others do.

With money, same as we got Kimi out of his Ferrari contract but you know this
    Forza Ferrari

Well, I do know that Ferrari did pay KR for not to drive. In this scenario Ferrari would pay RBR to release Verstappen. Somewhat different situation. But you know this.

Well, I do know that Ferrari did pay KR for not to drive. In this scenario Ferrari would pay RBR to release Verstappen. Somewhat different situation. But you know this.
    Yes you are right no driver has ever left a team when under contract.....
    Forza Ferrari

Red Bull will never release Max from his contract early

Skickat från min E6553 via Tapatalk

Max Cry-Baby? LOL, not only is he massively overrated, he would destroy Ferrari's internal harmony with his idiotic, childish behaviour. Daniel is a far superior driver, as Sainz is too.
    Having said that, I'd like to see Romain in the second Ferrari
    #GillesPerSempre #KeepFightingMichael #JB17

It is difficult for a driver to leave if team does not let him go. Alonso knows this. And he'll be available for 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Yes you are right no driver has ever left a team when under contract.....
    Remember that OTHER finnish driver, Bottas?
    #GillesPerSempre #KeepFightingMichael #JB17

It is difficult for a driver to leave if team does not let him go. Alonso knows this. And he'll be available for 2018.
    Yes it's difficulty but still very possible as we have seen over and over.
    Forza Ferrari

Can't believe people are talking about replacing Kimi after the 1st race of the season, in which he was 4th. He did a good season last year, even beat Seb in qualy, buy how quickly we forget to support our drivers, after just a mediocre race, not a bad one even. Furthermore, it bathless me how we can batter more about a driver being 4th, when our other driver won the race. We should be cellebrating cause God knows, we didnt have reason to do so in recent years. I am sure if Kimi does not perform he will retire.

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Can't believe people are talking about replacing Kimi after the 1st race of the season, in which he was 4th. He did a good season last year, even beat Seb in qualy, buy how quickly we forget to support our drivers, after just a mediocre race, not a bad one even. Furthermore, it bathless me how we can batter more about a driver being 4th, when our other driver won the race. We should be cellebrating cause God knows, we didnt have reason to do so in recent years. I am sure if Kimi does not perform he will retire.
    I don't think it's based on 1 race really.
    Forza Ferrari

Don't think Ferrari would reclaim Alonso, some young blood is needed

Skickat från min E6553 via Tapatalk

For 2018 they need two drivers but they do not need to be young.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    I don't think it's based on 1 race really.
    Last year was good so... Based on what, 2015?

I think Seb will sing a new contract if we continue to perform like this

Quote Originally Posted by phsyklone View Post
    I think Merc have always had issues with tyres even last year but it wasnt evident as they were too far ahead to be challenged by anyone. So this year most of their flaws will be exposed for the public to see. They have trouble following other cars. Their car is not a beast in race trim even last year it was the same but no one could really challenge them. Even their PU is showing some flaws now because Ferrari are just so much quicker. Where is the Blue/White smoke that Merc had last year ?
    The Mercedes blue/white smoke will come in Bahrain: but it will be a sudden and long smoke trail .... and then silence :)

like i said, i don't think Ferrari is interested with max to begin with.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    That would be a quite solid foundation to build on. Add Grosjean and I believe people would be very happy here.

Guys, let us all enjoy this well deserved win today and build from that. Another wins, and than we can disscuss second driver for 2018. I also think that KR needs to be replaced with some fresh blood next year....

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    It's not about Vettel actually.

Both of our driver's contract end this year.

Scenario 1:
    If Vettel outperforms Kimi this year & claim championship. Vettel will sign new contract & kimi will make way for other driver.

@kimibot was referring some young driver would make difference & it should be max he's saying. But in my view, driver who can consistently bring points to the team, good qualifier, strong bond between other co-driver are important. Which is lacking in Max Ves at the moment.

He's too aggressive, not a team player, pretty immature at race starts. He needs time to settle down.

Scenario 2:

If vettel doesn't win championship & doesn't feel comfortable at ferrari. He will sign Mercs contract & i see hamilton/alonso sign Ferrari contract in place of Vettel this is for sure. Both of the drivers have hunger to win WDC with ferrari that gives extra weight-age to their tally.

In both scenario's i personally think, this will be kimi's last year at ferrari, even he performs excellent. Because these cars take lot of your strength physically.

As said earlier, lets just enjoy this year success with ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Guys, let us all enjoy this well deserved win today and build from that. Another wins, and than we can disscuss second driver for 2018. I also think that KR needs to be replaced with some fresh blood next year....
    Agree 100%!! People can't even spend one day enjoying our first victory since 2015. honestly people! Kimi had setup issues, which is obvious with the disparity between his and Seb's performances. It was a few short months ago when Kimi was outperforming Vettel that someone started a thread asking what is wrong with Sebastian Vettel. Seriouslyyyy.

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    Agree 100%!! People can't even spend one day enjoying our first victory since 2015. honestly people! Kimi had setup issues, which is obvious with the disparity between his and Seb's performances. It was a few short months ago when Kimi was outperforming Vettel that someone started a thread asking what is wrong with Sebastian Vettel. Seriouslyyyy.

That would be a quite solid foundation to build on. Add Grosjean and I believe people would be very happy here.
    Kimi & Vet both are team players....they share alot of information to each other to the team in ferrari car development.

So we need similar kind of driver who can be strong & drive the team accordingly. I find Grosjean at the moment, other than top drivers Hamilton, Alonso, Ric.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Kimi & Vet both are team players....they share alot of information to each other to the team in ferrari car development.

So we need similar kind of driver who can be strong & drive the team accordingly. I find Grosjean at the moment, other than top drivers Hamilton, Alonso, Ric.
    I was looking at some pics and realized Ferrari has the biggest opening for cooling in the back.
    Where is the special floor with cooling channels?

It's only a rumour - Nico Rosberg is talking to Ferrari for 2018. His condition - a winning car to be demonstrated in 2017.